Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 10 votes

I May Have Created a Monster(s) "CHANGES"


808 replies to this topic

#31 Halebopp

Halebopp

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 184750
  • Joined: 06/06/2012
  • Location:Tampere, Finland
GolfWRX Likes : 986

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

So you're customizing putters for Robert Garrigus? :busted2:

D: Mizuno MP-650, 9.5*, Orochi Red Stiff
3&5W: Mizuno MP-650, 15*, 18*, Orochi Red Stiff
3 Iron: Mizuno MP-H5, KBS Tour Stiff
4-PW: Mizuno MP-4, KBS Tour Stiff
Mizuno MP-T5 50.07, DG Wedge
W/S FG Tour PMP: 55.12, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
W/S FG Tour PMP: 59.10, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4
WITB Link

Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 Halebopp

Halebopp

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 184750
  • Joined: 06/06/2012
  • Location:Tampere, Finland
GolfWRX Likes : 986

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

Seriously, it's nice to see kids having a chance to try and actually enjoying this great game. :)
D: Mizuno MP-650, 9.5*, Orochi Red Stiff
3&5W: Mizuno MP-650, 15*, 18*, Orochi Red Stiff
3 Iron: Mizuno MP-H5, KBS Tour Stiff
4-PW: Mizuno MP-4, KBS Tour Stiff
Mizuno MP-T5 50.07, DG Wedge
W/S FG Tour PMP: 55.12, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
W/S FG Tour PMP: 59.10, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
Mizuno Bettinardi BC-4
WITB Link

Swing DNA: 91/4/3/6/6

2

#33 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

    BIG K

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
  • Joined: 07/06/2011
  • Location:On The Green
GolfWRX Likes : 2192

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

View Postnitram, on 18 January 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

She's awesome Kadin. You'd better start a savings account for the Scotty and Mizunos that you know are coming.
I know right...have to start investing!

            Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin


3

#34 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

    BIG K

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
  • Joined: 07/06/2011
  • Location:On The Green
GolfWRX Likes : 2192

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

View PostHalebopp, on 18 January 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

Seriously, it's nice to see kids having a chance to try and actually enjoying this great game. :)
She can't get enough...now when we watch golf on tv she has to know all the player's names. ;)

            Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin


4

#35 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

    BIG K

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
  • Joined: 07/06/2011
  • Location:On The Green
GolfWRX Likes : 2192

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

View PostHalebopp, on 18 January 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

So you're customizing putters for Robert Garrigus? :busted2:
Yea but his don't come from US Kids Golf...lol

            Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin


5

#36 jlt73

jlt73

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 182034
  • Joined: 05/20/2012
  • Location:Noblesville, Indiana
  • Handicap:20
  • Ebay ID:jlt73
GolfWRX Likes : 338

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

this is an awesome thing you go going on for yourself Kadin!  Its a great way to bond and have fun.  Also its something you'll be able to do for the rest of your lives together
Ping G30 SFT (RIp Alpha)
Taylormade Jetspeed 3 Wood (RIP Alpha)
Taylormade SLDR 5 Wood (Kai'li)
Ping G25 (4-U) (Nippon 950gh)
Taylormade ATV 58*
Bettinardi Signature 6

6

#37 LaBraeGolfer

LaBraeGolfer

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127471
  • Joined: 04/25/2011
  • Location:Warren, Ohio (Leavittsburg)
  • Handicap:7.3
  • Ebay ID:dakotalabrae
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

View PostKadin 25, on 17 January 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

This is the Rossa I did...gun metal I am really happy with how it turned out.
  How do you do that, I would love to do that to my iron set.
Callaway FT-iZ Stock Voodoo Stiff
Callaway X2 Hot Speeder 7.0
Tour Edge Exotics Trilogy 17 & 23 Stock Stiff
Titleist 714 AP1 5-GW DG XP95 Stiff
Ping Glide 54/SS and 58/SS CFS Wedge
Rife Iconic Three 34"

7

#38 Arsey51

Arsey51

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64388
  • Joined: 08/27/2008
  • Location:Fort Worth Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

What an awesome dad you are!  You'll have a playing partner for life.  Well done, Sir.

8

#39 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

    BIG K

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
  • Joined: 07/06/2011
  • Location:On The Green
GolfWRX Likes : 2192

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

View PostArsey51, on 19 January 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

What an awesome dad you are!  You'll have a playing partner for life.  Well done, Sir.
Thank You!!

            Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin


9

#40 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

    BIG K

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
  • Joined: 07/06/2011
  • Location:On The Green
GolfWRX Likes : 2192

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostLaBraeGolfer, on 19 January 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

View PostKadin 25, on 17 January 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

This is the Rossa I did...gun metal I am really happy with how it turned out.
  How do you do that, I would love to do that to my iron set.
Step 1. Clean them with Naval Jelly (it's a rust remover)
Step 2. Apply Gun Blue Paste (I use Birchwood Casey Paste)
Step 3. Buff if with a scotch brite pad (I have found wrapping it around an old drill bit and securing it with a rubber band works great with a drill)

Results may vary and you may need to apply several coats. If you don't buff it you will get that nice blue swirl affect.  Good luck!!

Attached Files


Edited by Kadin 25, 19 January 2013 - 12:41 PM.

            Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

    BIG K

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
  • Joined: 07/06/2011
  • Location:On The Green
GolfWRX Likes : 2192

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

These are from today during  her golf class (ages 3-5) called "Little Tigers".. little did I know that they were going to have her outside when it's 45* out!

Playing Tic-Tac-Toe with her Putter...

Attached File  000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.jpg   54.34K   24 downloads

Driver on the range..

Take Away..

Attached File  00golf3.jpg   130.44K   21 downloads

Impact..

Attached File  00golf.jpg   123.51K   25 downloads

Holding the finish..

Attached File  00golf school.jpg   10.55K   24 downloads

Edited by Kadin 25, 19 January 2013 - 05:05 PM.

            Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin


11

#42 tbowles411

tbowles411

    In Gee Chun

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 23,350 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Joined: 08/30/2005
  • Location:Northern Virginia (One day I hope to be a Texan!)
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 5348

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Oh my goodness! Such a cutie. Now I know why you can't say no! Lol
PING G Driver
PING G Fairway 3 Wood
PING G Hybrids (3, 4)
PING G Irons (5-UW)
PING Glide 2.0 (54SS, 58WS)
PING Sigma G Piper 3
Ball: Titelist DT Trusoft

12

#43 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

    BIG K

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
  • Joined: 07/06/2011
  • Location:On The Green
GolfWRX Likes : 2192

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

View Posttbowles411, on 19 January 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

Oh my goodness! Such a cutie. Now I know why you can't say no! Lol
Lol thanks! I feel sorry for the boy that dates her. ;)

            Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin


13

#44 ricar1610

ricar1610

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46467
  • Joined: 01/20/2008
  • Location:Glendale, AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

View PostKadin 25, on 17 January 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

For you guys with little ones I write a series titled Growing Up Golf it's about kids and golf....here's a link to my articles

http://www.golfwrx.c...or/kadinmahmet/

I think you will be surprised at how early you can start them at this great game!

See ya on the green....Kadin

Can't wait to read your stuff. My kids like to play too. My daughter is 9 now and loves the First Tee Program. She wants to go all the time now. She is really involved with dance, but just today she made my day when she said, "Dad - just think - when I go to my new school next year, we can play golf every Friday!" She is going to a fine arts school next year and they have Fridays off, but do some dance, acting, practice, etc. But her first thought was I can golf with dad on Fridays...

I love this game...
913D3 9.5* Diamana D+ 72s
913F.d 15* Diamana D+ 82s
913F 21* Diamana D+ 82s
714 CB 4-PW DG s300
SM4 56*/62*
Studio Select Newport 2

14

#45 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

    BIG K

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
  • Joined: 07/06/2011
  • Location:On The Green
GolfWRX Likes : 2192

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

View Postricar1610, on 19 January 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

View PostKadin 25, on 17 January 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

For you guys with little ones I write a series titled Growing Up Golf it's about kids and golf....here's a link to my articles

http://www.golfwrx.c...or/kadinmahmet/

I think you will be surprised at how early you can start them at this great game!

See ya on the green....Kadin

Can't wait to read your stuff. My kids like to play too. My daughter is 9 now and loves the First Tee Program. She wants to go all the time now. She is really involved with dance, but just today she made my day when she said, "Dad - just think - when I go to my new school next year, we can play golf every Friday!" She is going to a fine arts school next year and they have Fridays off, but do some dance, acting, practice, etc. But her first thought was I can golf with dad on Fridays...

I love this game...
"But her first thought was I can golf with Dad on Fridays"......It doesn't get much better than that! And thank you!

            Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin


15

#46 dmalli

dmalli

    Puma Freak

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194114
  • Joined: 07/23/2012
  • Location:Iowa
  • Ebay ID:dmalli7
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

My daughter really wants to start golfing. She just turned 7. This is real inspirational for me to get her into it. Great post.

16

#47 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

    BIG K

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
  • Joined: 07/06/2011
  • Location:On The Green
GolfWRX Likes : 2192

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

View Postdmalli, on 19 January 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

My daughter really wants to start golfing. She just turned 7. This is real inspirational for me to get her into it. Great post.
Thank you check out Growing Up Golf in the junior forum....there's lots of good info there for you. :)

            Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin


17

#48 Sean2

Sean2

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 26,212 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 12886

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

Uh oh...she likes getting those long, slender card board boxes in the mail...next thing you know she'll register on GolfWRX, and be cruising BST, and borrowing your CC...
Callaway GBB Epic 11º / Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana M+ 40 R
Callaway GBB Epic 16º / 20º / 24º Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana M+ 50
Callaway CF16 / 6--AW / UST Recoil ES 460 F4
Callaway Forged and MD-PM 54º / 58º / 62º UST Recoil ES 460 F4

Callaway Odyssey O Works Tank #7

18

#49 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

    BIG K

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
  • Joined: 07/06/2011
  • Location:On The Green
GolfWRX Likes : 2192

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

View PostSean2, on 19 January 2013 - 11:51 PM, said:

Uh oh...she likes getting those long, slender card board boxes in the mail...next thing you know she'll register on GolfWRX, and be cruising BST, and borrowing your CC...
Sean I already know I am in trouble.... ;)

            Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin


19

#50 deck

deck

    Off The Deck

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,661 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123347
  • Joined: 03/02/2011
  • Location:Upstate NY
  • Handicap:8.7
  • Ebay ID:deck607
GolfWRX Likes : 1003

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

View PostKadin 25, on 19 January 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

View Posttbowles411, on 19 January 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

Oh my goodness! Such a cutie. Now I know why you can't say no! Lol
Lol thanks! I feel sorry for the boy that dates her. ;)


I feel sorry for the guy that ends up dating her!!!!!  I have seen you!!! You can hit a postage stamp at 25 feet with a pistol as well. Poor poor soul her future boyfriend is.

BB Alpha Tour ATX Green S 65
Big Bertha 15 Fubuki Z
X2Hot 22 ATX Green S
Apex 5-7, Apex Pro's 8-P C-tapers S
Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
Jailbird 34'

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

    BIG K

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
  • Joined: 07/06/2011
  • Location:On The Green
GolfWRX Likes : 2192

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

View Postdeck, on 20 January 2013 - 12:06 AM, said:

View PostKadin 25, on 19 January 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

View Posttbowles411, on 19 January 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

Oh my goodness! Such a cutie. Now I know why you can't say no! Lol
Lol thanks! I feel sorry for the boy that dates her. ;)


I feel sorry for the guy that ends up dating her!!!!!  I have seen you!!! You can hit a postage stamp at 25 feet with a pistol as well. Poor poor soul her future boyfriend is.
Not to be picky but it was from 20 yards and with an AR-15 .223 rifle...I can hit a garage sale sticker with my pistol...you have them all mixed up ;)

            Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin


21

#52 dmalli

dmalli

    Puma Freak

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194114
  • Joined: 07/23/2012
  • Location:Iowa
  • Ebay ID:dmalli7
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

View PostKadin 25, on 19 January 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

View Postdmalli, on 19 January 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

My daughter really wants to start golfing. She just turned 7. This is real inspirational for me to get her into it. Great post.
Thank you check out Growing Up Golf in the junior forum....there's lots of good info there for you. :)

Yeah I see you post that earlier in this thread. I started reading them. Great great articles. I plan on implementing your advise here soon.

22

#53 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

    BIG K

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
  • Joined: 07/06/2011
  • Location:On The Green
GolfWRX Likes : 2192

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

View Postdmalli, on 20 January 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

View PostKadin 25, on 19 January 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

View Postdmalli, on 19 January 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

My daughter really wants to start golfing. She just turned 7. This is real inspirational for me to get her into it. Great post.
Thank you check out Growing Up Golf in the junior forum....there's lots of good info there for you. :)

Yeah I see you post that earlier in this thread. I started reading them. Great great articles. I plan on implementing your advise here soon.
Thanks!!! Feel free to shoot me a pm if you have any questions

            Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin


23

#54 RedDevilWheezy

RedDevilWheezy

    #InsideTMag 2013

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 201705
  • Joined: 09/05/2012
  • Location:Austin, TX
  • Handicap:13.2
GolfWRX Likes : 175

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

Kadin that is awesome, your a great dad and I really enjoy your "Growing up Golf" posts.

My son is around the same age (will be 4 next month) and he's been "playing" for about 6 months now and loves it as well.  I tried to get away with the plastic clubs at first but he wanted real clubs.  He's a lefty so it took me a bit, but I found some made by Lynx that work pretty well for him.  He is my Range buddy, can't wait until he's old enough to get on the course with me.  Nothing better than your kids actually wanting to do something with you that you actually enjoy.
TM SLDR 10.5* Speeder VC 6.0
TM SLDR TP 15* Speeder 7.3
TM SLDR Rescue 19* Speeder 8.3
TM SpeedBlades 4-LW KBS Tour 90
TM Ghost Tour Daytona 12
#InsideTMag

24

#55 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

    BIG K

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
  • Joined: 07/06/2011
  • Location:On The Green
GolfWRX Likes : 2192

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

View PostRedDevilWheezy, on 23 January 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

Kadin that is awesome, your a great dad and I really enjoy your "Growing up Golf" posts.

My son is around the same age (will be 4 next month) and he's been "playing" for about 6 months now and loves it as well.  I tried to get away with the plastic clubs at first but he wanted real clubs.  He's a lefty so it took me a bit, but I found some made by Lynx that work pretty well for him.  He is my Range buddy, can't wait until he's old enough to get on the course with me.  Nothing better than your kids actually wanting to do something with you that you actually enjoy.
Thanks!! She loves going to the practice area with me. Every day  it's "Dad can we go hit balls?" :) If your struggling to find left handed clubs U.S. Kids Golf has an excellent selection.

            Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin


25

#56 RedDevilWheezy

RedDevilWheezy

    #InsideTMag 2013

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 201705
  • Joined: 09/05/2012
  • Location:Austin, TX
  • Handicap:13.2
GolfWRX Likes : 175

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

View PostKadin 25, on 23 January 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

View PostRedDevilWheezy, on 23 January 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

Kadin that is awesome, your a great dad and I really enjoy your "Growing up Golf" posts.

My son is around the same age (will be 4 next month) and he's been "playing" for about 6 months now and loves it as well.  I tried to get away with the plastic clubs at first but he wanted real clubs.  He's a lefty so it took me a bit, but I found some made by Lynx that work pretty well for him.  He is my Range buddy, can't wait until he's old enough to get on the course with me.  Nothing better than your kids actually wanting to do something with you that you actually enjoy.
Thanks!! She loves going to the practice area with me. Every day  it's "Dad can we go hit balls?" :) If your struggling to find left handed clubs U.S. Kids Golf has an excellent selection.

Yeah same for my boy, I couldn't be happier.  We got him some lefty clubs, and he is killing them haha.
TM SLDR 10.5* Speeder VC 6.0
TM SLDR TP 15* Speeder 7.3
TM SLDR Rescue 19* Speeder 8.3
TM SpeedBlades 4-LW KBS Tour 90
TM Ghost Tour Daytona 12
#InsideTMag

26

#57 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

    BIG K

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
  • Joined: 07/06/2011
  • Location:On The Green
GolfWRX Likes : 2192

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

View PostRedDevilWheezy, on 23 January 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

View PostKadin 25, on 23 January 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

View PostRedDevilWheezy, on 23 January 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

Kadin that is awesome, your a great dad and I really enjoy your "Growing up Golf" posts.

My son is around the same age (will be 4 next month) and he's been "playing" for about 6 months now and loves it as well.  I tried to get away with the plastic clubs at first but he wanted real clubs.  He's a lefty so it took me a bit, but I found some made by Lynx that work pretty well for him.  He is my Range buddy, can't wait until he's old enough to get on the course with me.  Nothing better than your kids actually wanting to do something with you that you actually enjoy.
Thanks!! She loves going to the practice area with me. Every day  it's "Dad can we go hit balls?" :) If your struggling to find left handed clubs U.S. Kids Golf has an excellent selection.

Yeah same for my boy, I couldn't be happier.  We got him some lefty clubs, and he is killing them haha.
Nothing wrong with killing a few lol...I have already lost an Oreo Cookie Blizzard from DQ to her, a bet I don't mind losing ;)

            Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin


27

#58 JonP

JonP

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78528
  • Joined: 03/28/2009
  • Location:British Columbia
  • Handicap:8.9
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

Great thread!  My wife and I just had our first kids...twins (boy and girl).  They just turned six months and I am already counting the months till I can get them on the course with me.
We have a perfect foursome; Wife, 2 kids, and me!

I would like to be able to take them around with me this year.  Obviously would have to ride a cart but was thinking I could put one of them in the cart basket.  Maybe find a little helmet for safety reasons.
Anyone ever done this?  Or am I dreaming thinking this would work...haha.

Otherwise my golf may be limited this year but small price to pay for two beautiful babies!

Edited by JonP, 23 January 2013 - 12:09 PM.


28

#59 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

    BIG K

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
  • Joined: 07/06/2011
  • Location:On The Green
GolfWRX Likes : 2192

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostJonP, on 23 January 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

Great thread!  My wife and I just had our first kids...twins (boy and girl).  They just turned six months and I am already counting the months till I can get them on the course with me.
We have a perfect foursome; Wife, 2 kids, and me!

I would like to be able to take them around with me this year.  Obviously would have to ride a cart but was thinking I could put one of them in the cart basket.  Maybe find a little helmet for safety reasons.
Anyone ever done this?  Or am I dreaming thinking this would work...haha.

Otherwise my golf may be limited this year but small price to pay for two beautiful babies!
6 months does seem a little young to take on the course, but I am sure it has been done. My only concern would be one of them getting hit by a stray shot. There are tons of ways to get them interested in golf. If you read Growing Up Golf part 1 you can see how I started the golf bug in them without even trying. Thanks for the kind words.

See ya on the green....Kadin

            Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin


29

#60 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

    BIG K

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,349 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
  • Joined: 07/06/2011
  • Location:On The Green
GolfWRX Likes : 2192

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

So I may have crossed the line of full blown crazy...I got the idea from another member who made his own driver cover. And seeing how kids clubs don't come with covers, I decided to make one for my daughter's driver. Just a sock and an old plush toy, sew them together and POOF* instant head cover... ;)

Attached Files


            Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors