Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Clicgear seat - worth it?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dagoose383

dagoose383

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95646
GolfWRX Likes : 289

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

Planning on walking a lot this year to get in shape, back problems so a push cart is the only way that is going to happen. I am definitely going to pick up a Clicgear 3.0 as soon as the new ones are released and I was wondering if anyone has any experience using the Clicgear seat?

I regularly play a course that can get pretty slow and often times there are long  waits in the middle of the fairway (some of this will be mitigated by the fact that I will be spending time walking to my ball instead of zooming to it in a cart) but there will still be a wait. Rather than standing there waiting for my back to hurt (tall guy and standing for long periods starts tweaking my lower back) sitting on a little seat seems like it would be nice. I know I could just sit on the ground but if it is wet I would rather not have to choose between back pain or wet pants.

So after that long winded explanation, can some folks that have used the seat chime in and give me some reviews? How does it mount to the cart and does it work decently with a stand bag on the cart?

Thanks!

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Oban Devotion 4
Titleist 913F 15* Oban Devotion 6
Adams A12 Pro 20* Rip'd Proto
Titleist AP2 710 4-P C-Taper Lite
Vokey TVD 52*, 56*, 60* C-Taper Lite
MACHINE Damascus M4

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Hateto3Putt

Hateto3Putt

Smoking Makes You Look Cool!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17461
GolfWRX Likes : 693

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

I can't attest as to the Clicgear, as I have a Sun Mountain V1 cart. BUT....

The seat option on the pushcart is about the best option you can get. It's perfect for slow rounds (and shoe tying). When I fold the cart, the seat folds as well.

The seat attaches to the axle, and is spring loaded. When you sit down the post hits the ground, when you stand up it retracts.

Don't even think twice. Get the seat.

Posted Image

#3 Coheed

Coheed

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123420
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

If your thinking about a Clicgear, they will be coming out with the 3.5 in the early spring.
I have a 3.0 and absolutely love it. I don't have a seat so I can't comment on that aspect.
I wonder how they are going to improve on the 3.0.

#4 dbdors

dbdors

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139771
  • Ebay ID:dbdors
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

I don't own one a Clicgear yet.  I have a tour Trek, but I'm getting a CG 3.5 after they come out next month.   Hadn't really thought about the seat.  Did look at the one that Tour Trek has and it sucks.  The CG looks to be much better made.  Here's some video's if you haven't seen them.  Might help you a bit:

#5 duffer987

duffer987

Approach shot on the Alps.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 201269
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 834

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

I've got a CG3.0 and about the only add-on I am thinking of putting on is the shoe brush.
The more crap you've got attached to the side of it is the more stuff in the way.

If there is a long wait in the fairway I just walk around, go over to someone else's ball and have a chat, enjoy the esthetics of the course,,,
I think sitting mid-hole would put me off more than help.
Like yourself I don't have the best back in the world, but typically mine only acts up when out and about in the city, walking on cement sidewalks for hours. Walking on grass - even links courses - provides enough give.

NOT a Good Player, can't break 70 ;)
SLDR 12* | Cleveland Classic XL 15.5*
Titleist 913H 21*
Cally XHP 4I - 5I | X-Forged 6I - PW
Cally Forged 54* | Scotty Del Mar
http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList

#6 AlexRockChalk

AlexRockChalk

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 216447
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

I bought the seat for my clic gear 3.0 a few weeks ago and have used it for about 3 rounds.  I waited for sports authority to have a 30% sale and bought both the seat and the cooler bag.  Both are worth the money IMO but the seat has been priceless.  It is well made, and easy to install.  When you first receive it you have to remove the wheel and install it which the clicgear youtube video shows in step by step instructions. After that every time that you want to put it on and take it off it literally takes 5 seconds.

#7 Primexcel

Primexcel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123114
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

On a slow playing course, yes it is very worth it.

#8 portman

portman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130105
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

I have one and absolutely love it. You can sit and lean your back on your bag. It is quite comfortable especially if you have the umbrella on a hot day. Also I notice that the bench at the tee box usually fit only three people so a seat helps the group even waiting at the tee box. I would highly recommend getting it.

#9 noob

noob

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8834
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

The seat is useful especially if the course is slow.  However, you need to take the seat portion off of the post every time you fold the cart.  I use it once in a while since I rarely have a long wait in the fairway or on the tee box if I'm walking at the course I usually play at.  If playing twilight at a muni, the seat is worth it's weight in gold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors