Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

butt weight Tour Lock Pro 100gr

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mdmgalactica

mdmgalactica

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 215537
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

done a long  driver with steel shaft , to adjust dwing weight placed around 100 gr on the but, it'd influence wrist action  or shaft flex or other things?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 jharpergolf

jharpergolf

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 188626
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

Will cause swingweight to be less and will cause a little head whip cause your taking weight from the head and moving it up. I used one in an adams 9088 LDA with graphite shaft and it was very weird feeling, but for the purpose it does give you the ability to snap those wrist at impact for the extra boom

#3 VinceRKG

VinceRKG

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20476
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Deff a no no in LD....we have tried and so many others have tried to play that game...does nothing....And do not use a STEEL shaft for LD maybe for practice sessions and getting swing groved and muscles used...but do not compete with it....there is a reason why we all use certain LD shafts and not steel....

#4 jharpergolf

jharpergolf

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

I agree with Vince on steel shaft. Vince do you have any input on the back weight for the guy?

#5 mdmgalactica

mdmgalactica

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

why?  if you reshaft a 60 gr graphite for a 120 gr steel shaft and add 30 gr to butt will get same swing weight isnt better?

Edited by mdmgalactica, 17 January 2013 - 07:08 PM.

#6 jharpergolf

jharpergolf

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

It's just not the best for a long drive club. If he's actually making a club for long drive were talking "50 and like 6* of loft. At that length and a steel shaft you can't put enough weight in the butt to change how much it's gonna take to move that club at a high speed. Basically it's a disadvantage to use the steel shaft, leave it for the irons not long drive.

#7 mdmgalactica

mdmgalactica

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

150 gr butt weight is possible? all the way i  have not a costant swing speed increase with big heads and over 47'  but i do more  distance increasing consistence with steel high kick

Edited by mdmgalactica, 17 January 2013 - 07:32 PM.

#8 jharpergolf

jharpergolf

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Why not try a graphite shaft?

#9 mdmgalactica

mdmgalactica

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

graphite is not consistent, maybe it depend highest toque or is a psicologic thing

#10 jharpergolf

jharpergolf

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Graphite is totally consistent, it's going to give you the most distance and you can get low torque shafts and keeps dispersion down. I guarantee you come to me and hit some drivers and you will leave knowing that steel needs to stay in irons

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 VinceRKG

VinceRKG

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20476
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Butt weighting is great for golf, when your tempois the same and easy. But remember long driver is just thinking about seeing how fast you can swing, how hard you can hit the ball, and how far it can go. When you but weight it you take it all away. Trust me, our team is STACKED..and most have tried that already, it doesnt work....If these veterans who started with steel shafts and new guys and fastest swingers in world do not use steel shafts, theres a reason. There is nothing new or anything that has not been tried already.

#12 OptimizedGolfer

OptimizedGolfer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 261842
  • Ebay ID:jzone26

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:41 PM

Some tips guys, In terms of back weighting the driver or any long clubs it is very important to know the balance point and the swing weight of the club...So you would be able to know what's the right amount of weight you need to give you the best performance and feel of the club.  The best swing weight is ranging from D0 to D3. But it also depends on the swing speed of the golfer.  Normally drivers are ranging from D 4 to E5 from the manufacturer.  If the club head is too heavy, you need more weight in the butt end to change the Fulcrum and balance it out.  I would suggest if you have a swing speed of 100mph or more,the best weight is the Tour Lock Pro 80gr to 100gr total. I've tried both with the butt weight only versus the one with the internal weight,and the one with internal weight is a lot better in terms of feel and consistency.  you can feel more solid contact when you have the internal weight, and balanced feel.  For guys with swing speed lower than 100mph,I would recommend  Tour Lock internal 20gr with 12gr butt weight.  It will increase your swing speed and makes the club head feel a lot better.Hope this helps..

#13 KyKranker

KyKranker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 262080
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:41 AM

I backweighted with 60 to 100 grams the club head speed did pick up 1to 2 mph but I lost the feel of the club head which led to a lot of topped shots.  When I slowed down some hard hooks was the result.  I would stay away from backweighting for LD and just adjust the shaft length for best contact.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors