Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

CHAT LIVE with True Temper & Callaway! Fri Jan 18 NOON ET!


311 replies to this topic

#301 OUZO Power

OUZO Power

    #CallaWRX2

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207419
  • Joined: 10/16/2012
  • Location:Brooklin, Ontario
GolfWRX Likes : 649

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

View PostCallaway_HarryA, on 18 January 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

View PostOhioGolfDude, on 18 January 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

Follow-up question for Cally -

Is Justin Timberlake still involved with marketing?  If not, is he involved with the company at all anymore, other than a club ambassador?  Just curious.

thanks!

He's not at all involved in the marketing. He's just an ambassador and we have a collaboration on some things in the golf business. But not in the marketing. Only direct contact I have with him is when he wants my help meeting women.
Harry. Nothing against JT. But if you want to be taken seriously I am of the opinion JT needs to be dropped. He's good at what he does. And probably a great golfer. But not a pro. So one can't take him seriously or the company when he puts on his Cally hat and becomes the ambasidor or spokesperson for even an event.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 3W
FW: Callaway Big Bertha 5W
Hybrid: Callaway RAZR X Tour 3H
Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW
Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1

#302 speeder757

speeder757

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1570
  • Joined: 06/11/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Very interested in hearing more about the new steel dynamic gold variation. Anyone have anymore info?

2

#303 pezcore

pezcore

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54063
  • Joined: 04/19/2008
  • Location:Chicago
  • Ebay ID:pezcore187
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

View Postssfranny, on 18 January 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

View PostCallaway_Finley, on 18 January 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

View Postpezcore, on 18 January 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

For Callawin (Err, way) - With the new marketing initiative and the hype of the xbombs. It seems that you might need to generate some crowd sourcing for the xbomb #patches4thepeople. How do you plan on executing this?

Glad you like the idea and the hype around the bombs.   We will have an idea to bring to the people that we will be sharing soon.   We promise you will not be disappointed.

Will the X bombs be like sake bombs or Jaeger bombs if so that would be REALLY popular with my golf group haha

Well, as Harry might say (or not) their is no perfect driver for anyone thats why we have options. In this case, some may prefer the crisp-ness of a nice cold sake especially when pair with the right shaft (Sapporo Reserve), others my like the velvet like coating of Jager w/ a higher kickpoint (redbull).

The choice is yours and will always be unless someone else is buying! #notequlia #whiskeyforme

3

#304 Imp

Imp

    Fueled

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130204
  • Joined: 06/05/2011
  • Location:SE Mass/RI
  • Handicap:10.3
GolfWRX Likes : 1129

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Hot sake for me please.
RBZ 9 Tour/Fujikura Fuel 60S Masters Ed
RBZ 3W/4H / Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged Irons
Scratch 8620 54/58. TM Trip Winner-Doral
I'm like Rhyno the Hampster in Bolt.
Overly enthusiastic about everything
with no inner dialog filter.

4

#305 ParChaser

ParChaser

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31596
  • Joined: 06/13/2007
  • Location:Fort Wayne, IN
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Callaway, can't wait to read all the answers in this thread, after browsing, I did not see any mention of in store fitting tools for Callaway players to easily fit themselves into the proper clubs.  Any new plans?

True Temper, I have a Nike VR Pro II with a Blue Project X shaft.  I have been told it is made for Nike version of the shaft.  Can tell me how compares to the new Project Xs in X Hot Pro?

Thanks for being accessible to WRX's.


5

#306 TrueTemper

TrueTemper

    Tour Winner

  • Sponsors
  • 928 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8549
  • Joined: 12/09/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 301

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

View Posthayzooos, on 18 January 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

View Postjaskanski, on 18 January 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

For TT - how about bringing an updated Black Gold shaft back into play?
For Callaway - how about bring said shaft into an OEM club set? You could call it the X-gold.......or Black hot.

I think this got missed. I'd LOVE to have an answer to this as well. I loved me some BG shafts.

I think it's back there somewhere but I'll answer it again.   We took the technology that went into Blackgold and incorporated into our updated Rifle line that is available through our PFC dealers.
WI Don's Bag Dr- HZRDUS Proto, FWs- HZRDUS PROTO & PX LZ Hy- PX LZ HY Prototypes, Irons- DG Pro WI Bill's Bag DR- PX HZRDUS BLK, FW- PX LZ HY- PX HD2, Irons- DG PROTO

6

#307 ladahl

ladahl

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,317 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119561
  • Joined: 12/29/2010
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 652

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

View PostCallaway_HarryA, on 18 January 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

View PostOhioGolfDude, on 18 January 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

Callaway - it seems you guys are off to a great start in 2013 with not only your new tour stable, but more buzz than I can remember in a long time about the equipment.  Can you go into a little more detail in regards to the "5 year war"?  Also it seems that Callaway brand really hit it out the park last year internationally - what strategies do you have to continue this trend in the USA?

Thanks!

#Callawayfan4life

I'm coming in late to answer this one.

The #fiveyearwar was a sales meeting conversation we had in August where we said that as a company, we had to unite as a team and "go to war" against our old ways. To fight like hell to change the ways we used to behave. To begin an ascent to being the best golf company in the world. We have a five year plan to do that, and so we were rallying the company and our employees around the vision. We want to 1) be the leader in product innovation and performance 2) Re-engage with enthusiasts, passionate Callaway fans, and better players 3) have a new, modern voice for the brand 4) create a new marketing model that is 100% consumer centric and dedicated to consumer engagement. Those are the 4 pillars of the plan. Those are the marching orders.

AMEN!!!
Callaway GBB 9* -1N Diamana D+ 70X
TM M1 460 8.5 XPHLEXXX Agera

Callaway Sub Zero AD GP-7X Black

Callaway Alpha 816 14* +2N Veylix Rome 888

Callaway Big Bertha #3 +2N Veylix Rome 988 "Wildeye"

Callaway Apex 4 Hybrid 23* Veylix Rome 988

Titleist 716 T-MB 5-W TI DG AMT X100 SS 1X +1/2" 1* up

Callaway MD3 54 S Grind & 58 C Grind Black Onyx S400 +1/2" 1* up

Cure RX3 35.5" Super Stroke Flatso 2.0 w/50g core
Odyssey WorksTank Versa 2-Ball Fang Lined 35"
Odyssey White Hot RX #7 35" w/black shaft & Super Stroke Flatso 2.0


Callaway Chrome Soft** / Titleist Pro V1x


WITB Link

7

#308 OhioGolfDude

OhioGolfDude

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,580 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90827
  • Joined: 08/05/2009
  • Location:Dayton, OH
  • Ebay ID:egayheart2k7t
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

View Postladahl, on 18 January 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

View PostCallaway_HarryA, on 18 January 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

View PostOhioGolfDude, on 18 January 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

Callaway - it seems you guys are off to a great start in 2013 with not only your new tour stable, but more buzz than I can remember in a long time about the equipment.  Can you go into a little more detail in regards to the "5 year war"?  Also it seems that Callaway brand really hit it out the park last year internationally - what strategies do you have to continue this trend in the USA?

Thanks!

#Callawayfan4life

I'm coming in late to answer this one.

The #fiveyearwar was a sales meeting conversation we had in August where we said that as a company, we had to unite as a team and "go to war" against our old ways. To fight like hell to change the ways we used to behave. To begin an ascent to being the best golf company in the world. We have a five year plan to do that, and so we were rallying the company and our employees around the vision. We want to 1) be the leader in product innovation and performance 2) Re-engage with enthusiasts, passionate Callaway fans, and better players 3) have a new, modern voice for the brand 4) create a new marketing model that is 100% consumer centric and dedicated to consumer engagement. Those are the 4 pillars of the plan. Those are the marching orders.

AMEN!!!

Thanks a lot Harry for taking the time to answer and for some insight into company thinking.  Definitely consider me a "passionate Callaway fan."  I love the direction, all the signings and the commitment.  Cheers!

Ladahl - AMEN to your AMEN!!!!!  lol  (STILL jealous by the way!!)
Posted Image 10.5° Posted ImageGD AD DI 6SRPosted Image
Posted Image 15°Posted ImageGD AD DI 7Posted Image
Posted Image 19°Posted ImageGD AD DI 7Posted Image
Posted Image 5-7 Posted Image, 8-A Posted Image KBS Tour-V 90 Posted Image
Posted Image 54° Posted Image KBS Tour-V 90 Posted Image
Posted Image 58° Posted Image YEP, that's a smart sole...don't front ;-)
Posted ImagePosted Image

8

#309 OhioGolfDude

OhioGolfDude

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,580 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90827
  • Joined: 08/05/2009
  • Location:Dayton, OH
  • Ebay ID:egayheart2k7t
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

View PostCallaway_HarryA, on 18 January 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

View PostOhioGolfDude, on 18 January 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

Follow-up question for Cally -

Is Justin Timberlake still involved with marketing?  If not, is he involved with the company at all anymore, other than a club ambassador?  Just curious.

thanks!

He's not at all involved in the marketing. He's just an ambassador and we have a collaboration on some things in the golf business. But not in the marketing. Only direct contact I have with him is when he wants my help meeting women.

NICE!!  Haha love it Harry!

I know that he was involved with the Vegas promotion last year with Phil, Tommy and Alvaro.  Just wondered if he was still in the same role.  I guess "creative director" was the official title.

Ever played Mirimichi?  Looks like a cool course.
Posted Image 10.5° Posted ImageGD AD DI 6SRPosted Image
Posted Image 15°Posted ImageGD AD DI 7Posted Image
Posted Image 19°Posted ImageGD AD DI 7Posted Image
Posted Image 5-7 Posted Image, 8-A Posted Image KBS Tour-V 90 Posted Image
Posted Image 54° Posted Image KBS Tour-V 90 Posted Image
Posted Image 58° Posted Image YEP, that's a smart sole...don't front ;-)
Posted ImagePosted Image

9

#310 xHellsing

xHellsing

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120483
  • Joined: 01/13/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

View PostCallawayLuke, on 18 January 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

View PostxHellsing, on 16 January 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

Callaway: (the BOLD part is the preffered choice :) )

What is the next thing in driver/woods technology?
Our competitors read this site too, so I am not going to tip our hand, but there is a lot more cool stuff coming.

What are you focusing on the most when you are improving your drivers/woods?
Again not telling our competitors, but longer and straighter is usually good.

Obviously we now have movable weights, shaft adaptors  but which part of the driver head has deserved the most attention from you and where can you see future improvements beeing done?
There is room for improvement in all of these parts of the driver.

What are the problems the engineers (did) encouter while designing new drivers/woods?
The biggest challenge is trying to make something better every year, but it's possible when you have a lot of smart people with great resources working on it full time.

What can we expect to see in a driver/woods in 5 years - which field deserves the most attention and resources?
Amazing products that will make the game even more fun.

Sorry my answers are vague, but you are asking for the family jewels here.

Gotcha.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

10

#311 xerpro

xerpro

    Is it weird that my 3 wood has lower loft than my driver?

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 142335
  • Joined: 10/12/2011
  • Location:Pittsburgh, PA
  • Handicap:1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 315

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

Did the winners get selected for this yet?
Didnt know if I still had a chance or was 0 for 2 years...LOL
Cobra Fly Z+ Green DI6 (Its called the U)
SLDR MINI 12* Speeder 7.2x TS
Aeroburner TP 18 Rogue 70x / RBZ Tour 4 Oban Revenge
Adams CMB C-tapers. Adams XTD C-tapers
Cameron Futura -OG
MD2 tour grind 54/58

11

#312 hayzooos

hayzooos

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,434 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51734
  • Joined: 03/18/2008
  • Location:Huntley, IL
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 1705

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

View PostTrueTemper, on 18 January 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

View Posthayzooos, on 18 January 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

View Postjaskanski, on 18 January 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

For TT - how about bringing an updated Black Gold shaft back into play?
For Callaway - how about bring said shaft into an OEM club set? You could call it the X-gold.......or Black hot.

I think this got missed. I'd LOVE to have an answer to this as well. I loved me some BG shafts.

I think it's back there somewhere but I'll answer it again.   We took the technology that went into Blackgold and incorporated into our updated Rifle line that is available through our PFC dealers.

Good deal, thanks for the reply!
Callaway XR 10.5* (-1) Xphlexxx Agera
Callaway XHP 15* Fuji Speeder VC 8.1
Callaway 815 hybrid 20* (+2) Veylix 988
Srixon 745 4-PW Nippon Modus3 120
SCOR 52/58* Nippon WV 115/125
Ping Cadence TR Ketch Heavy
WITB Link

12



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors