Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

James Hahn WITB


  • Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  • Marshals
  • 3,854 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14
  • Joined: 04/01/2005

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:05 PM



Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 FairwayGolfUSA.com

FairwayGolfUSA.com

    Tour Winner

  • Sponsors
  • 992 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185658
  • Joined: 06/11/2012
  • Location:San Diego, Calfornia
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Classic Adams blades. You can tell James just plays the stuff he likes and his clubs looked beat up! He has a great swing.

RYAN
Fairway Golf Online Store :golfer:
Website: http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com
Email: cs@fairwaygolfusa.com
Phone: 1-877-509-0830

#3 slicktry

slicktry

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1336
  • Joined: 06/03/2005
  • Location:Winnipeg, baby!
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

A retail Scotty?  Someone needs to inform him that all SC putters on the tour have to be CircleT's.... lol

God Bless
Jer

#4 swyyyguy

swyyyguy

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55299
  • Joined: 05/07/2008
  • Ebay ID:swyyylance
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

it's weird how he signed a deal with callaway but only plays 1 callaway club?  i'm surprised he doesn't even use an odyssey putter.  he uses a retail scotty cameron, haha.

i like his game and it's nice to see him finally make it to the pga tour.

#5 Caesar Palache

Caesar Palache

    Sometimes I take mulligans

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,521 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 182718
  • Joined: 05/24/2012
  • Location:Lynchburg, VA
  • Handicap:1.8
GolfWRX Likes : 449

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

View Postswyyyguy, on 15 January 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

it's weird how he signed a deal with callaway but only plays 1 callaway club?  i'm surprised he doesn't even use an odyssey putter.  he uses a retail scotty cameron, haha.

i like his game and it's nice to see him finally make it to the pga tour.

yeah but he uses 3 callaway head covers

but yes, hes got some great talent

Edited by Caesar Palache, 15 January 2013 - 09:34 PM.

Taylormade SLDR 430 10.5* Oban White
Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 Tour 16.5* 3HL
Taylormade SLDR 17* 2 Hybrid S+ 82
2014 Tour Preferred 4-6 CB & 7-PW MC
Taylormade Ghost Spider
Taylormade ATV 51* 55* 60*

#6 wolfpack

wolfpack

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89944
  • Joined: 07/28/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 205

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

He has a great swing, James is a local guy around here and I see him at our main practice facility from time to time.    Great tempo.
Adams 9015d 10.5 Fujikura Blur 005
Callaway 3 Deep 14.5 PX 6.0
Nike SQ2 4 Wood V2 76x
Ping G25 Hybrid 20 TFC stiff
Ping Eye 2 4-LW ZZ lite
Ping Anser 2 BECU

#7 RJgolf1990

RJgolf1990

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 218581
  • Joined: 12/31/2012
  • Location:Ohio fairways
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Love the classic TP 3 wood many guys still using them?

#8 Dscvrr St Louis

Dscvrr St Louis

    #CALLAWRX 12/12/12

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,346 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105250
  • Joined: 03/23/2010
  • Location:St. Louis
  • Handicap:4-6
GolfWRX Likes : 353

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

there are quite a few of the Burner TP's out there still, just have to watch for them.
Big Bertha Alpha, Veylix Rome Wildeye
Big Bertha 15&18 Motore Speeder 8.1x
X2Hot 22*, F3 HB 95s
--On Order
Odyssey Versa #6 & MXM #6
Callaway 2013 MD2 52 & 58 Ctaper S+

#9 ztsquared33

ztsquared33

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20265
  • Joined: 10/05/2006
  • Location:Pittsburgh, PA
  • Ebay ID:ztsquared33
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

James has the h.d version of the 910 hybrid. Word was they were quite difficult to hit so very few tour players had them in play.

#10 swanry30

swanry30

    Lights Out

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,626 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14598
  • Joined: 05/07/2006
  • Location:Woodland, WA
  • Ebay ID:swanry30
GolfWRX Likes : 311

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

View PostCaesar Palache, on 15 January 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

View Postswyyyguy, on 15 January 2013 - 09:28 PM, said:

it's weird how he signed a deal with callaway but only plays 1 callaway club?  i'm surprised he doesn't even use an odyssey putter.  he uses a retail scotty cameron, haha.

i like his game and it's nice to see him finally make it to the pga tour.

yeah but he uses 3 callaway head covers

but yes, hes got some great talent

Standard practice and contract.  Driver and bag sponsorship.  If he wants to make the full jump I'm sure the deal will be reworked.

Nike CT 2.0 9.5* - Motore Speeder 7.2TS
Nike CT 2.0 13* - Motore Speeder 8.2TS
Nike CP 17* hybrid - TOUR AD DI 95x
Nike 2014 Split Cavity 3-PW - PX 6.5
WITB Link
Nike Oven Proto 003 - SS Ultra Slim 1.0
Nike Raw VR Forged 54.12 / 58.10

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 J.W.

J.W.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,848 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32437
  • Joined: 06/21/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 1363

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

Now this intruiges me as he used 712MB last season when he played so well so where this beater set of old Adams irons come from?  Either way its pretty cool to see a mixed bag of stuff like that.  That's definitely a smaller version of the 913Hd hybrid which was an early prototype head last year.  I got to hit a few balls with a PGA Tour players personal 18 myself... VERY muted sound.

#12 keitha37

keitha37

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44923
  • Joined: 01/02/2008
  • Location:California
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Cool to see him using what he trusts and likes...especially for a young guy! I've always wondered how you can play for over a million each week and then let the tools of your trade be swayed by a few hundred thousand. There is so much more money to be made in the way of prize money for a guy like this that it never made sense to me.

Good for him and sweet set-up.

#13 raywutang

raywutang

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2548
  • Joined: 07/13/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

View PostJ.W., on 16 January 2013 - 12:37 AM, said:

Now this intruiges me as he used 712MB last season when he played so well so where this beater set of old Adams irons come from?  Either way its pretty cool to see a mixed bag of stuff like that.  That's definitely a smaller version of the 913Hd hybrid which was an early prototype head last year.  I got to hit a few balls with a PGA Tour players personal 18 myself... VERY muted sound.

i believe his only win last year (june - rex hospital open) came with using the adams mb2s.  perhaps hes trying to conjure up that winning mojo again!  i hope he does well this year and will definitely be rooting him on!

#14 J.W.

J.W.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,848 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32437
  • Joined: 06/21/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 1363

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

View Postraywutang, on 16 January 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

View PostJ.W., on 16 January 2013 - 12:37 AM, said:

Now this intruiges me as he used 712MB last season when he played so well so where this beater set of old Adams irons come from?  Either way its pretty cool to see a mixed bag of stuff like that.  That's definitely a smaller version of the 913Hd hybrid which was an early prototype head last year.  I got to hit a few balls with a PGA Tour players personal 18 myself... VERY muted sound.

i believe his only win last year (june - rex hospital open) came with using the adams mb2s.  perhaps hes trying to conjure up that winning mojo again!  i hope he does well this year and will definitely be rooting him on!

I think those are the original Idea Black MB from 5 years or so ago.

#15 raywutang

raywutang

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2548
  • Joined: 07/13/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

View PostJ.W., on 16 January 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

View Postraywutang, on 16 January 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

View PostJ.W., on 16 January 2013 - 12:37 AM, said:

Now this intruiges me as he used 712MB last season when he played so well so where this beater set of old Adams irons come from?  Either way its pretty cool to see a mixed bag of stuff like that.  That's definitely a smaller version of the 913Hd hybrid which was an early prototype head last year.  I got to hit a few balls with a PGA Tour players personal 18 myself... VERY muted sound.

i believe his only win last year (june - rex hospital open) came with using the adams mb2s.  perhaps hes trying to conjure up that winning mojo again!  i hope he does well this year and will definitely be rooting him on!

I think those are the original Idea Black MB from 5 years or so ago.

oops, sorry.  thats a typo on my part, i meant to say he used the black mbs pictured.  i guess i had those satin mb2s in my mind from the badds witb which look so nice...


#16 LoveSick666

LoveSick666

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99016
  • Joined: 11/22/2009
  • Location:Alameda, CA, USA
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

I know James and the guy who does all his club work from here in Alameda. James is a hell of a player and a hell of a nice guy. Very down to earth and remembers where he comes from. I saw him at a practice round at the US Open last year and when he was walking down the stairs to the 1st tee, all these kids were trying to get autographs from him. He stops and starts signing some autographs, but stops for a minute and says to the kids, "You know i'm not Anthony Kim, right?" LMAO..it was hilarious! Anyways, the deal he has with Callaway is for the Driver, hat and bag. If i hit my irons as well as he does, id stick with what works too!lol

#17 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,450 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91668
  • Joined: 08/13/2009
  • Location:Fairfax, VA
GolfWRX Likes : 775

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

View PostLoveSick666, on 16 January 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

I know James and the guy who does all his club work from here in Alameda. James is a hell of a player and a hell of a nice guy. Very down to earth and remembers where he comes from. I saw him at a practice round at the US Open last year and when he was walking down the stairs to the 1st tee, all these kids were trying to get autographs from him. He stops and starts signing some autographs, but stops for a minute and says to the kids, "You know i'm not Anthony Kim, right?" LMAO..it was hilarious! Anyways, the deal he has with Callaway is for the Driver, hat and bag. If i hit my irons as well as he does, id stick with what works too!lol

That's funny right there.

It's always cool to see a mixed bag, and especially a retail SC, in play by a PGA pro, no matter who the sponsor.
Adams 9015D 9.5*, TEE CB5 15*
Adams LSP 18*, Mizuno Fli Hi 21*
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-9
Vokey 248.06, 254.10, Callaway Jaws 60
WITB Link

#18 JohnnyB Hips

JohnnyB Hips

    Advanced

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122357
  • Joined: 02/15/2011
  • Location:Antioch, California
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Great guy here from the bay! Saw him and he signed autographs during US Open. Big Oakland A's fan! Good luck to him

#19 PingG10guy

PingG10guy

    Major Winner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,602 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77622
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 118

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

63 in round 1?  Man.  I missed the footage and they won't even say his name on golf central.

#20 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,246 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
  • Joined: 04/30/2006
  • Location:Atlantic Beach, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 479

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

View Postraywutang, on 16 January 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

View PostJ.W., on 16 January 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

View Postraywutang, on 16 January 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

View PostJ.W., on 16 January 2013 - 12:37 AM, said:

Now this intruiges me as he used 712MB last season when he played so well so where this beater set of old Adams irons come from?  Either way its pretty cool to see a mixed bag of stuff like that.  That's definitely a smaller version of the 913Hd hybrid which was an early prototype head last year.  I got to hit a few balls with a PGA Tour players personal 18 myself... VERY muted sound.

i believe his only win last year (june - rex hospital open) came with using the adams mb2s.  perhaps hes trying to conjure up that winning mojo again!  i hope he does well this year and will definitely be rooting him on!

I think those are the original Idea Black MB from 5 years or so ago.

oops, sorry.  thats a typo on my part, i meant to say he used the black mbs pictured.  i guess i had those satin mb2s in my mind from the badds witb which look so nice...
He's played that set of Adams irons for 3+ years.  He put Titleist irons in the bag for the last 4 events of last year. He's also tried a ton of different putters in the last few years, but he always ends up back with those irons and that putter.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 kekoa

kekoa

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,710 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Joined: 10/02/2008
  • Location:in the hole
  • Handicap:20
GolfWRX Likes : 275

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

View Postslicktry, on 15 January 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

A retail Scotty?  Someone needs to inform him that all SC putters on the tour have to be CircleT's.... lol

God Bless
Jer

Amen.

#22 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,246 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
  • Joined: 04/30/2006
  • Location:Atlantic Beach, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 479

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

View Postztsquared33, on 16 January 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

James has the h.d version of the 910 hybrid. Word was they were quite difficult to hit so very few tour players had them in play.
Most guys didn't know they existed.  Not exceptionally hard to hit. Very flat ball flight and hot.   I love the one I have.

#23 TMC08

TMC08

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 184794
  • Joined: 06/07/2012
  • Location:Alabama
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Ive never seen those pro black's. Very sharp looking irons! Never knew they had a Hd version of the 910, would like to give it a few swings though.

#24 HISPL

HISPL

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74563
  • Joined: 02/05/2009
  • Location:Perth Western Australia
  • Ebay ID:hisplgolfer
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Looks like what is in the bag is working for him!

Callaway tweeted that he hit 85% of fairways with the X Hot Pro driver...

#25 swanry30

swanry30

    Lights Out

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,626 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14598
  • Joined: 05/07/2006
  • Location:Woodland, WA
  • Ebay ID:swanry30
GolfWRX Likes : 311

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

I said it before!  Best swing you've never seen!!!

Nike CT 2.0 9.5* - Motore Speeder 7.2TS
Nike CT 2.0 13* - Motore Speeder 8.2TS
Nike CP 17* hybrid - TOUR AD DI 95x
Nike 2014 Split Cavity 3-PW - PX 6.5
WITB Link
Nike Oven Proto 003 - SS Ultra Slim 1.0
Nike Raw VR Forged 54.12 / 58.10

#26 golf_junkie27

golf_junkie27

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58737
  • Joined: 06/24/2008
  • Location:NYC
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

His story is pretty impressive.  He was going to give up golf to sell real estate and actually worked in a department store selling cheese.  With a swing like his, I doubt he'll ever have to do, either.

EDIT: Just heard it was shoes he was selling and not cheese.  Oops.

Edited by golf_junkie27, 17 January 2013 - 10:28 PM.

TM R11 w Accra SC 75 M4,
Jesse Ortiz 3w w Accra Tour Z M4
Adams Super XTD 17* Accra Axiv 105 M4
TM R11 21* Hybrid w Oban Devotion 6
Adams Orig Peanut 24* w Aldila VS Proto
MP32 w Project X 6.0

#27 ssfranny

ssfranny

    Tour Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77345
  • Joined: 03/13/2009
  • Location:Omaha,Ne
  • Ebay ID:sfranny
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

View PostGolfWRX, on 15 January 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

A double cog on the X Hot??

#28 ztsquared33

ztsquared33

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20265
  • Joined: 10/05/2006
  • Location:Pittsburgh, PA
  • Ebay ID:ztsquared33
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

View Postiteachgolf, on 17 January 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

View Postztsquared33, on 16 January 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

James has the h.d version of the 910 hybrid. Word was they were quite difficult to hit so very few tour players had them in play.
Most guys didn't know they existed.  Not exceptionally hard to hit. Very flat ball flight and hot.   I love the one I have.

Love the work you've done with James swing. Keep it up!

#29 G N R

G N R

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128428
  • Joined: 05/10/2011
  • Location:Melbourne
GolfWRX Likes : 74

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

Did TMag "borrow" once again from Adams the 'screw' idea from these irons?

#30 geesecougar2

geesecougar2

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104647
  • Joined: 03/11/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 177

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:09 AM

View PostLoveSick666, on 16 January 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

I know James and the guy who does all his club work from here in Alameda. James is a hell of a player and a hell of a nice guy. Very down to earth and remembers where he comes from. I saw him at a practice round at the US Open last year and when he was walking down the stairs to the 1st tee, all these kids were trying to get autographs from him. He stops and starts signing some autographs, but stops for a minute and says to the kids, "You know i'm not Anthony Kim, right?" LMAO..it was hilarious! Anyways, the deal he has with Callaway is for the Driver, hat and bag. If i hit my irons as well as he does, id stick with what works too!lol

That's hilarious! And Shawn does great work, a real Alamedan too.

Edited by geesecougar2, 18 January 2013 - 12:12 AM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors