Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Where to wear a watch on your wrist?


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan

DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan

    Major Winner

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193176
  • Joined: 07/18/2012
  • Location:Southeast Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 96

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

I haven't worn a watch for about 10 years and I just got one and am curious if there is a "right" way to wear it. I would prefer my left wrist (i am a lefty but i write with my right hand) but then the dial digs into my hand when I bend it, lets say to do push-ups or that type of wrist hinge. I also want to avoid wearing it halfway up my forearm. Right wrist just feels awkward, but it may be the best option.

How do you wear your watch? What hand do you golf and what hand do you write with?

S9-1 Pro D 9.5 (Tour Prototype 80X Pink)                 Titleist 909 F3 15 (Diamana BB 83x)                 3-PW Miura TB (Nippon NS Pro SPB X flex)                 54* Ping Tour S rustique (KBS Tour)                 60* Vokey SM4 M grind (KBS C taper)                 PING Redwood black satin D66

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 cpeck12

cpeck12

    Advanced

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49359
  • Joined: 02/20/2008
  • Location:Chicago Area
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

Most people wear their watch opposite the hand they write with. The majority of watches are made to be worn on your left hand, which is why the crown is the right side of the watch. This way you can wind/change the time while it's on your wrist. I'm a lefty and wear watches on my right hand, thus I need to take it off if it needs to be wound or the time needs to be changed. Some companies make "lefty" watches with the crown on the left side, but they can be hard to come by.

With the trend of watches being bigger these days, many people prefer wearing watches on the opposite hand because the crown doesn't dig into the back of their hand like you mentioned.

#3 SilverBullets

SilverBullets

    BMW

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139485
  • Joined: 09/19/2011
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 485

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

View Postcpeck12, on 15 January 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

Most people wear their watch opposite the hand they write with. The majority of watches are made to be worn on your left hand, which is why the crown is the right side of the watch. This way you can wind/change the time while it's on your wrist. I'm a lefty and wear watches on my right hand, thus I need to take it off if it needs to be wound or the time needs to be changed. Some companies make "lefty" watches with the crown on the left side, but they can be hard to come by.

With the trend of watches being bigger these days, many people prefer wearing watches on the opposite hand because the crown doesn't dig into the back of their hand like you mentioned.

This is spot on.  I write with my left hand (do basically everything else with my right) and I always wear my watch on my right wrist.  I have quite a few watches and all but one of them are made to be the left wrist.  So, as you say, I have to take the watch off to change it and have to take it off to wind it.

I have one automatic watch which is made to be worn on the right left wrist (its a lefty's watch).  I actually can't stand it.  I have worn watches with the bezel pointing up my arm for so long that the bezel being on hand makes it uncomfortable at times.  The watch is a huge face (57mm) with a canteen bezel so it exaggerates the bezel...  here's the watch:

Posted Image


For normal, everyday watches, its easier to wear them on the correct wrist as you dont have to take it off to change the time
XHot 10.5 Diamana S+ 62x5ct X Stiff
Titleist 910F 19*
Titleist 712 AP2 TT S400
Titleist Vokey 200 Series 48*
Titleist Vokey SM 54*/58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 2 - CS

#4 Gripit_Swiftit

Gripit_Swiftit

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135692
  • Joined: 08/08/2011
  • Location:Lake Minnetonka
GolfWRX Likes : 148

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

Muffin Man just get a pocket watch and a monocle and show everyone that you are the man.

I am a lefty and I have never been able to wear a watch so any advice other than that stated above would be useless. The above stated advice, if strictly followed, will lead to unimaginable wealth and celebrity......
RFE, 'Ahina 80X
3Deep, Nunchuk
Adams 9031 18, Epic HyX
Bridgestone J40 CB, Tour Issue X100
Byron Morgan DH89
Vokey SM5's

#5 prsgtrman

prsgtrman

    prsgtrman

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 178754
  • Joined: 05/03/2012
  • Location:charlotte
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

I am a righty and wear it on the left wrist just above the wrist. my face is 40mm and doesn't bother me but I don't wear it working out.


#6 PedronNiall

PedronNiall

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135461
  • Joined: 08/06/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 146

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

I wear mine just below my elbow at a jaunty angle to give tradition the old what for.

#7 +Church

+Church

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147683
  • Joined: 11/20/2011
  • Location:Central Pennsylvania
  • Ebay ID:church717
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

I'm right handed and I wear all of mine on my left wrist.  I rarely have an issue with digging... But I also don't wear big baller watches.

#8 woody1351

woody1351

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126694
  • Joined: 04/14/2011
  • Location:Illinois
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

im a righty and wear it on my left wrist. i take it off when i golf most of the time, if i have sleeves on i leave it on bc i dont notice it.

#9 Bogeyman82

Bogeyman82

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32253
  • Joined: 06/19/2007
  • Location:Cincinnati
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Left wrist.  I take it off for physical activity though so I don't have problems with it digging into my hand.  I also wear a reasonably sized watch (42mm) which helps with comfort.

#10 Shwagin1066

Shwagin1066

    With A Little Draw

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13809
  • Joined: 03/30/2006
  • Handicap:+3.0
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

Write with my left hand and also wear watch on left wrist. Slightly loose, it slides a few inches up my arm if I want it to.

Titleist 910D3 9.5 Fujikura Rombax 7z08
Titleist 906F2 15 Diamana Blueboard 83
Titleist 712U 2 Dynamic Gold
Titleist 712 CB 3-5 MB 6-9 Dynamic Gold
Titleist Vokey SM5 46.08 TVD M 52 58
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




#11 chickenpotpie

chickenpotpie

    #TeamJetSpeed

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,351 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63615
  • Joined: 08/19/2008
  • Location:Central Michigan
  • Handicap:8.5
GolfWRX Likes : 545

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

I wear mine like this.....yeahhhhh, boyyyyy

image.jpg
Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
WITB Link

#12 Mountaineer

Mountaineer

    APP-UH-LA-CHUN

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 203205
  • Joined: 09/16/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

View Postchickenpotpie, on 25 January 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

I wear mine like this.....yeahhhhh, boyyyyy

Attachment image.jpg
:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
Titleist 905R 9.5*
Titleist 906f2 15*
Titleist 585h 21*
Mizuno MP-57 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 52* 56* 60*
Scotty Cameron Select Newport

#13 goodgolfer64

goodgolfer64

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 218823
  • Joined: 01/01/2013
  • Location:ireland
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

interesting conversation :)

#14 Graymulligan

Graymulligan

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 215421
  • Joined: 12/11/2012
  • Location:Sodus, NY
  • Handicap:7ish
GolfWRX Likes : 283

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

View PostSilverBullets, on 15 January 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

View Postcpeck12, on 15 January 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

Most people wear their watch opposite the hand they write with. The majority of watches are made to be worn on your left hand, which is why the crown is the right side of the watch. This way you can wind/change the time while it's on your wrist. I'm a lefty and wear watches on my right hand, thus I need to take it off if it needs to be wound or the time needs to be changed. Some companies make "lefty" watches with the crown on the left side, but they can be hard to come by.

With the trend of watches being bigger these days, many people prefer wearing watches on the opposite hand because the crown doesn't dig into the back of their hand like you mentioned.

This is spot on.  I write with my left hand (do basically everything else with my right) and I always wear my watch on my right wrist.  I have quite a few watches and all but one of them are made to be the left wrist.  So, as you say, I have to take the watch off to change it and have to take it off to wind it.

I have one automatic watch which is made to be worn on the right left wrist (its a lefty's watch).  I actually can't stand it.  I have worn watches with the bezel pointing up my arm for so long that the bezel being on hand makes it uncomfortable at times.  The watch is a huge face (57mm) with a canteen bezel so it exaggerates the bezel...  here's the watch:

Posted Image


For normal, everyday watches, its easier to wear them on the correct wrist as you dont have to take it off to change the time

I think you're confusing the bezel and the crown.  The crown is the little piece that you use to change the time.  It's what "points" up or down your arm.  The bezel is the part around the face of the watch, but can sometimes be used to refer to the entire case, depending on the manufacturer.  

Personally I've always work my watches with the crown facing my hand, but then again I almost exclusively buy "left handed watches", where the crown is on the right.  (it's on the right so that you wear it on your left wrist, and can then use your right hand to manipulate the crown...the more you know)
Blue Biocell, Aldila NV
Jetspeed 3 wood
Mizzy JPX800 pros, x100 shafts
Mizzy JPX 54/58
Futura X

#15 SilverBullets

SilverBullets

    BMW

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139485
  • Joined: 09/19/2011
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 485

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

View PostGraymulligan, on 28 January 2013 - 02:49 PM, said:

View PostSilverBullets, on 15 January 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

View Postcpeck12, on 15 January 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

Most people wear their watch opposite the hand they write with. The majority of watches are made to be worn on your left hand, which is why the crown is the right side of the watch. This way you can wind/change the time while it's on your wrist. I'm a lefty and wear watches on my right hand, thus I need to take it off if it needs to be wound or the time needs to be changed. Some companies make "lefty" watches with the crown on the left side, but they can be hard to come by.

With the trend of watches being bigger these days, many people prefer wearing watches on the opposite hand because the crown doesn't dig into the back of their hand like you mentioned.

This is spot on.  I write with my left hand (do basically everything else with my right) and I always wear my watch on my right wrist.  I have quite a few watches and all but one of them are made to be the left wrist.  So, as you say, I have to take the watch off to change it and have to take it off to wind it.

I have one automatic watch which is made to be worn on the right left wrist (its a lefty's watch).  I actually can't stand it.  I have worn watches with the bezel pointing up my arm for so long that the bezel being on hand makes it uncomfortable at times.  The watch is a huge face (57mm) with a canteen bezel so it exaggerates the bezel...  here's the watch:

Posted Image


For normal, everyday watches, its easier to wear them on the correct wrist as you dont have to take it off to change the time

I think you're confusing the bezel and the crown.  The crown is the little piece that you use to change the time.  It's what "points" up or down your arm.  The bezel is the part around the face of the watch, but can sometimes be used to refer to the entire case, depending on the manufacturer.  

Personally I've always work my watches with the crown facing my hand, but then again I almost exclusively buy "left handed watches", where the crown is on the right.  (it's on the right so that you wear it on your left wrist, and can then use your right hand to manipulate the crown...the more you know)

Oops fail on my part

XHot 10.5 Diamana S+ 62x5ct X Stiff
Titleist 910F 19*
Titleist 712 AP2 TT S400
Titleist Vokey 200 Series 48*
Titleist Vokey SM 54*/58*
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 2 - CS

#16 Willie Malay

Willie Malay

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,558 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183598
  • Joined: 05/29/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 436

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

I prefer this myself:

Posted Image

#17 DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan

DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan

    Major Winner

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 193176
  • Joined: 07/18/2012
  • Location:Southeast Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 96

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

View PostWillie Malay, on 29 January 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

I prefer this myself:

Posted Image
274 to the middle?? Smooth 4 iron
S9-1 Pro D 9.5 (Tour Prototype 80X Pink)                 Titleist 909 F3 15 (Diamana BB 83x)                 3-PW Miura TB (Nippon NS Pro SPB X flex)                 54* Ping Tour S rustique (KBS Tour)                 60* Vokey SM4 M grind (KBS C taper)                 PING Redwood black satin D66

#18 bp29

bp29

    "Be kind & select your words wisely"

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 556 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134893
  • Joined: 08/01/2011
  • Location:PA
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Try a destro watch.  The crown will be on the opposite side.  I am righ handed and wear my watch on my left.  I didn't like how the crown dug in my wrist because I Wear it loose.  Maybe it would help it if it wouldn't weight 200 grams? :)
R1 Black 7.2 TS, Cally 3 RFE Blueboard
TM 3 & 4 Rescue TP Projext X
Mizuno MP-54 Aerotech 110
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58 Nippon Wedge
Putter? Whatever Works
Taylor Made Lethal / Srixon Z-Star XV




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors