Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Official NFL playoffs thread?


111 replies to this topic

#91 NYKnuckleballer

NYKnuckleballer

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21702
  • Joined: 11/13/2006
  • Location:Bayside, New York
  • Ebay ID:NewJerichoMan
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

View Postbubbagump, on 21 January 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

That may be true to a point, but notice Peyton, Brees, Eli, Brady, Rodgers  are sitting at home.

Having a great qb can really help no doubt and can win games and championships for you, but having a competent qb who doesnt make mistakes (ie game manager/pretty good qb) surrounded by a strong team in all facets, seem to have a longer lasting recipe for success.

Those QBs have won the last 9 Super Bowls.  Meanwhile, Adrian Peterson (and the like) are sitting at home.  The last "game manager" to win a Super Bowl was Brad Johnson and that was 10 years ago.  It all starts with the QB.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#92 bubbagump

bubbagump

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114646
  • Joined: 09/10/2010
  • Location:The Empire
GolfWRX Likes : 472

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostImp, on 21 January 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

I'm mad. ;)

Much like Wes' wife...

Posted Image

Dang!  Shots fireddddd lol
9* TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 7.2
14* 3w TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 7.2
19* TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 9.8
4-AW Rocketbladez tour SS PX 6.5
Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport
58* , 62* Vokeys with project x
WITB Link

#93 bubbagump

bubbagump

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114646
  • Joined: 09/10/2010
  • Location:The Empire
GolfWRX Likes : 472

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostNYKnuckleballer, on 21 January 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

View Postbubbagump, on 21 January 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

That may be true to a point, but notice Peyton, Brees, Eli, Brady, Rodgers  are sitting at home.

Having a great qb can really help no doubt and can win games and championships for you, but having a competent qb who doesnt make mistakes (ie game manager/pretty good qb) surrounded by a strong team in all facets, seem to have a longer lasting recipe for success.

Those QBs have won the last 9 Super Bowls.  Meanwhile, Adrian Peterson (and the like) are sitting at home.  The last "game manager" to win a Super Bowl was Brad Johnson and that was 10 years ago.  It all starts with the QB.

No doubt...the point rings true and I dont disagree the importance of a top QB.  I just think weighing so heavily on one guy can lead to inconsistancy in the long run.  Clearly you cant win with a bad player under center...but having a top flight qb "elite" isnt really a neccesity (they dont grow on trees). Somebody who is good and can get it done with a good squad around can do it to.

Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer have the same amount of rings as Rodgers, Brees, Peyton...

Edited by bubbagump, 21 January 2013 - 02:32 PM.

9* TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 7.2
14* 3w TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 7.2
19* TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 9.8
4-AW Rocketbladez tour SS PX 6.5
Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport
58* , 62* Vokeys with project x
WITB Link

#94 NYKnuckleballer

NYKnuckleballer

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21702
  • Joined: 11/13/2006
  • Location:Bayside, New York
  • Ebay ID:NewJerichoMan
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

View PostImp, on 21 January 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

I'm mad. ;)

Much like Wes' wife...

If you want some more fun google Anna Burns Welker and Miss Hooters International 2005.

#95 NYKnuckleballer

NYKnuckleballer

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21702
  • Joined: 11/13/2006
  • Location:Bayside, New York
  • Ebay ID:NewJerichoMan
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

View Postbubbagump, on 21 January 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

No doubt...the point rings true and I dont disagree the importance of a top QB.  I just think weighing so heavily on one guy can lead to inconsistancy in the long run.  Clearly you cant win with a bad player under center...but having a top flight qb "elite" isnt really a neccesity (they dont grow on trees). Somebody who is good and can get it done with a good squad around can do it to.

Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer have the same amount of rings as Rodgers, Brees, Peyton...

James Starks and Brandon Jacobs have more rings than AP and Ladainian combined.  

Brady and Peyton's teams have been so inconsistent.

Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer won Super Bowls a decade ago.  

There have been a few rule changes since then.


#96 bubbagump

bubbagump

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114646
  • Joined: 09/10/2010
  • Location:The Empire
GolfWRX Likes : 472

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

View PostNYKnuckleballer, on 21 January 2013 - 02:34 PM, said:

View Postbubbagump, on 21 January 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

No doubt...the point rings true and I dont disagree the importance of a top QB.  I just think weighing so heavily on one guy can lead to inconsistancy in the long run.  Clearly you cant win with a bad player under center...but having a top flight qb "elite" isnt really a neccesity (they dont grow on trees). Somebody who is good and can get it done with a good squad around can do it to.

Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer have the same amount of rings as Rodgers, Brees, Peyton...

James Starks and Brandon Jacobs have more rings than AP and Ladainian combined.  

Brady and Peyton's teams have been so inconsistent.

Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer won Super Bowls a decade ago.  

There have been a few rule changes since then.

Lol I didnt mean to upset you!  Plus Im not aruging a run game is a must...it is just an added benefit.

Placing all that expectation on one guy doesnt give you alot of margin for error especially when your D isnt the strongest.  Pats have been great in the regular season, in the postseason...not so much.  Same with Peyton dating back to his days with the Colts.  Broncos are kind of an outlier this year, they actually had a pretty decent run game, good D and a hall of fame qb and still didnt get it done.  

I was just trying to say, those runs that the Giants and Pack had...their D stepped it up and the run game appeared out of nowhere to help.  Importance of a QB is paramount, but there are more ways to skin a cat than just having one of the elite guys and not much else.

Edited by bubbagump, 21 January 2013 - 02:40 PM.

9* TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 7.2
14* 3w TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 7.2
19* TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 9.8
4-AW Rocketbladez tour SS PX 6.5
Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport
58* , 62* Vokeys with project x
WITB Link

#97 avrag

avrag

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,672 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32251
  • Joined: 06/19/2007
  • Location:Right in the Heart of Europe
GolfWRX Likes : 460

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

I am happy, because the two teams I was pulling for won. In my view, Joe Flacco does not have to prove anything to anyone anymore.
As for the Superbowl, I think the Ravens are slim favourites, although I will be supporting the 49ers. Each year, there is a team, which peaks at the right time, and the Ravens look like this team this year. Besides, if there is one small weakness in the 49ers team, it is the defensive secondary in my view, and that does not bode too well against the Ravens receiving corps, although the Niners managed to neutralise the Falcons' passing game as well in the second half. But they basically had to do it with their linebackers.
If Kaepernick and the SF O-line really play their best, I can see the game becoming a shootout and the 49ers winning it, despite giving up big plays to Flacco and company. But the most likely outcome for me at the moment is the Ravens by one score, wtih both teams scoring in the twenties. I just hope that the game isn't decided by a missde fieldgoal, because I absolutely hate it, when one player becomes the goat for a losing effort by a whole team.

Does anyone else think that the NFL also has to look into the rules regarding equipment? I am not talking about helmets and other pieces of protection, I am talking about those receivers' gloves with their silicone (or whatever it is) coating. I have been following the NFL for about 30 years now, watching about 20 regular season games and about 6 postseason games each year. It seems to me that there have never been so many incredible catches as this season. In previous years, only the absolute top receivers like Jerry Rice (have you ever had a close look at his fingers?) made those fingertip catches. Now it seems that everybody has glue on their hands. The one catch in the NFC game, which SF challenged unsuccessfully was also an example. By the way, after hearing Mr. Perreiras explanation, I think the call was correct. Yes, the ball moved, but he never lost possession, because the ball was always in contact with the one hand. But the only reason why it stayed in contact with the hand was the effect of those gloves I think. There is no way that somebody can keep the ball in his hand barehanded when hitting the ground so hard. You also see so many plays now, in which receivers catch the ball despite being pummelled by two defenders at the same time from different sides. It feel that the defenders have to hit harder and harder because of that, and the NFL tries to stop that, but really, it is the defenders' only chance to keep the receivers from making those catches.
Oh, and why was Pollard's hit which caused the Patriots's running back to fumble not a penalty? Not that I minded, because I had felt that there had been one or two wrong calls against the Ravens before, and a ridiculous non-call against the Patriots, when one of their offensive linemen effectively tackled a Ravens pass-rusher from behind who otherwise would have gotten to Brady at full speed. But that particular hit by Pollard was clearly helmet to helmet, which was evident when the Patriots player was knocked out. I did not understand it.
I see a gap. There definitely is a gap.

#98 NYKnuckleballer

NYKnuckleballer

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21702
  • Joined: 11/13/2006
  • Location:Bayside, New York
  • Ebay ID:NewJerichoMan
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

View Postavrag, on 21 January 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

Oh, and why was Pollard's hit which caused the Patriots's running back to fumble not a penalty?  But that particular hit by Pollard was clearly helmet to helmet, which was evident when the Patriots player was knocked out. I did not understand it.

Helmet to helmet hits are allowed inside the tackle box.  Linemen's helmets smash often.  

It's when the QB isn't a runner or a WR has just made a catch that helmet to helmet features prominently.

#99 baseballfrk8998

baseballfrk8998

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,656 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124978
  • Joined: 03/21/2011
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 594

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

View PostNYKnuckleballer, on 21 January 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

View Postavrag, on 21 January 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

Oh, and why was Pollard's hit which caused the Patriots's running back to fumble not a penalty?  But that particular hit by Pollard was clearly helmet to helmet, which was evident when the Patriots player was knocked out. I did not understand it.

Helmet to helmet hits are allowed inside the tackle box.  Linemen's helmets smash often.  

It's when the QB isn't a runner or a WR has just made a catch that helmet to helmet features prominently.

"Defenseless"
8.5* Tour Issue 07 Burner // PL Red 65x
14* SLDR // Speeder 8.3x
19* SLDR Resuce // Speeder 9.3s
RocketBladez Tour 4-PW // C-Taper
52* & 58* Callaway MD2 // S-300
Odyssey Metal X Milled #1

#100 bubbagump

bubbagump

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114646
  • Joined: 09/10/2010
  • Location:The Empire
GolfWRX Likes : 472

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

View Postavrag, on 21 January 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

I am happy, because the two teams I was pulling for won. In my view, Joe Flacco does not have to prove anything to anyone anymore.
As for the Superbowl, I think the Ravens are slim favourites, although I will be supporting the 49ers. Each year, there is a team, which peaks at the right time, and the Ravens look like this team this year. Besides, if there is one small weakness in the 49ers team, it is the defensive secondary in my view, and that does not bode too well against the Ravens receiving corps, although the Niners managed to neutralise the Falcons' passing game as well in the second half. But they basically had to do it with their linebackers.
If Kaepernick and the SF O-line really play their best, I can see the game becoming a shootout and the 49ers winning it, despite giving up big plays to Flacco and company. But the most likely outcome for me at the moment is the Ravens by one score, wtih both teams scoring in the twenties. I just hope that the game isn't decided by a missde fieldgoal, because I absolutely hate it, when one player becomes the goat for a losing effort by a whole team.

Does anyone else think that the NFL also has to look into the rules regarding equipment? I am not talking about helmets and other pieces of protection, I am talking about those receivers' gloves with their silicone (or whatever it is) coating. I have been following the NFL for about 30 years now, watching about 20 regular season games and about 6 postseason games each year. It seems to me that there have never been so many incredible catches as this season. In previous years, only the absolute top receivers like Jerry Rice (have you ever had a close look at his fingers?) made those fingertip catches. Now it seems that everybody has glue on their hands. The one catch in the NFC game, which SF challenged unsuccessfully was also an example. By the way, after hearing Mr. Perreiras explanation, I think the call was correct. Yes, the ball moved, but he never lost possession, because the ball was always in contact with the one hand. But the only reason why it stayed in contact with the hand was the effect of those gloves I think. There is no way that somebody can keep the ball in his hand barehanded when hitting the ground so hard. You also see so many plays now, in which receivers catch the ball despite being pummelled by two defenders at the same time from different sides. It feel that the defenders have to hit harder and harder because of that, and the NFL tries to stop that, but really, it is the defenders' only chance to keep the receivers from making those catches.
Oh, and why was Pollard's hit which caused the Patriots's running back to fumble not a penalty? Not that I minded, because I had felt that there had been one or two wrong calls against the Ravens before, and a ridiculous non-call against the Patriots, when one of their offensive linemen effectively tackled a Ravens pass-rusher from behind who otherwise would have gotten to Brady at full speed. But that particular hit by Pollard was clearly helmet to helmet, which was evident when the Patriots player was knocked out. I did not understand it.

Just a quick note about the secondary and the receievers part.  While the niners are a little on the weaker side at CB, they are the same secondary who held up and delivered in wins vs Rodgers(twice), Brady (@foxboro), Brees(@ NO), and Ryan (@ ATL).  While they cause me heart attacks some times, they seem to bend but dont break..

Im guessing it was a shot the the head type penalty...but not sure why.  Not sure a rb running through the line and breaking through can be defenseless.  Whitner knocked out Pierre Thomas last year and caused a fumble and it wasnt called.  What was interesting was that golden boy Brady wasnt called for some sort of penalty when he slid and then raised his leg and took out Ed Reed......could have ended Reeds career right there.

Edited by bubbagump, 21 January 2013 - 04:10 PM.

9* TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 7.2
14* 3w TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 7.2
19* TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 9.8
4-AW Rocketbladez tour SS PX 6.5
Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport
58* , 62* Vokeys with project x
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




#101 avrag

avrag

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,672 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32251
  • Joined: 06/19/2007
  • Location:Right in the Heart of Europe
GolfWRX Likes : 460

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

View PostNYKnuckleballer, on 21 January 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

View Postavrag, on 21 January 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

Oh, and why was Pollard's hit which caused the Patriots's running back to fumble not a penalty? But that particular hit by Pollard was clearly helmet to helmet, which was evident when the Patriots player was knocked out. I did not understand it.
Helmet to helmet hits are allowed inside the tackle box. Linemen's helmets smash often. It's when the QB isn't a runner or a WR has just made a catch that helmet to helmet features prominently.

Ok, I did not know that, and I always thought that I had understood the rules by now. It seems strange to treat the two situations differently.
I see a gap. There definitely is a gap.

#102 avrag

avrag

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,672 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32251
  • Joined: 06/19/2007
  • Location:Right in the Heart of Europe
GolfWRX Likes : 460

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

View Postbubbagump, on 21 January 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

What was interesting was that golden boy Brady wasnt called for some sort of penalty when he slid and then raised his leg and took out Ed Reed......could have ended Reeds career right there.

I thought the same thing. These types of attacks happen often in our version of football (soccer) and often cause career threatening injuries to knees. Luckily, in the past few years, FIFA and UEFA are trying to penalize them more. Before, they were more keen on having players booked for taking off their shirts in celebrations or for grabbing another players shirt, which seems harmless in comparison.
I see a gap. There definitely is a gap.

#103 JBurns

JBurns

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136123
  • Joined: 08/11/2011
  • Location:Saskatchewan
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

I hope that Kaep and the read option can work for more than one season, I would hate to see it turn into the wildcat :russian_roulette: , luckily Kaep seems to be the full package he can throw with velocity and accuracy, specifically against the ravens when he hit moss with an absolute bullet across the middle. One interesting thing is that while Harbaugh is no doubt a great coach, a good amount of San Fran's probowl talent comes from old coaching and management and he's reaping all the benefits. Finally, as far as the superbowl goes my prediction is the ravens win 28-27 with an Akers missed field goal at the end for San Fran to win LOL.

#104 bubbagump

bubbagump

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114646
  • Joined: 09/10/2010
  • Location:The Empire
GolfWRX Likes : 472

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

View PostJBurns, on 22 January 2013 - 01:20 AM, said:

I hope that Kaep and the read option can work for more than one season, I would hate to see it turn into the wildcat :russian_roulette: , luckily Kaep seems to be the full package he can throw with velocity and accuracy, specifically against the ravens when he hit moss with an absolute bullet across the middle. One interesting thing is that while Harbaugh is no doubt a great coach, a good amount of San Fran's probowl talent comes from old coaching and management and he's reaping all the benefits. Finally, as far as the superbowl goes my prediction is the ravens win 28-27 with an Akers missed field goal at the end for San Fran to win LOL.

The talent on the team has come from Nolan, Singletary and FO but it also is the same talent who struggled to go anywhere when they were at the helm.  Singletary while extremely stubborn and not the best head coach, played a huge part in saving Vernon Davis and Ahmad Brooks careers.  VD was on a path of wasting away his talent and being a knucklehead until Sing and his tough love and kicking him out of a game early really turned him around.  Brooks was just not motivated and didnt seem to care, and Singletary turned him around too.

While alot of the talent was in place, it needed the right guy to put it all together.
9* TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 7.2
14* 3w TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 7.2
19* TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 9.8
4-AW Rocketbladez tour SS PX 6.5
Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport
58* , 62* Vokeys with project x
WITB Link

#105 NYKnuckleballer

NYKnuckleballer

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21702
  • Joined: 11/13/2006
  • Location:Bayside, New York
  • Ebay ID:NewJerichoMan
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

View Postbubbagump, on 22 January 2013 - 07:27 AM, said:

The talent on the team has come from Nolan, Singletary and FO but it also is the same talent who struggled to go anywhere when they were at the helm.  Singletary while extremely stubborn and not the best head coach, played a huge part in saving Vernon Davis and Ahmad Brooks careers.  VD was on a path of wasting away his talent and being a knucklehead until Sing and his tough love and kicking him out of a game early really turned him around.  Brooks was just not motivated and didnt seem to care, and Singletary turned him around too.

While alot of the talent was in place, it needed the right guy to put it all together.

What it needed was a coach that understood the QB position, which helped immensely.  But that was just the quick fix.  It needed another QB that wasn't a "game manager".  And By Jove!  I think they've got him...even if he is a tattooed freak who has no idea how to properly wear a hat.


#106 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8,879 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50335
  • Joined: 03/01/2008
  • Location:Euharlee, GA
GolfWRX Likes : 706

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

Well, I finally got a new phone today after shattering mine on my fireplace Sunday(OtterBox too). My team came out flat in the second half and got whipped in the trenches. Had 2 turnovers that resulted in zero points. We also had 2 penalties that killed us, the only 2 of the game, that prevents the D from getting off the field on 3rd down and extends drives resulting in 14 points for San Fran. And why Dirk Koetter decided to adjust the offense from what's working in the first half to trying to run the ball in the second half I'll never know. I'd like an explanation as to why Julio has the best half in playoff history for a WR in the first half and Koetter decides that we need to target him 3 times in the second half? We're winning the outside matchups and he wants to attack the middle of the field (and the heart of the San Fran D).

Frustrated and pissed doesn't begin to explain it.

Oh well, the Ravens were my preseason AFC pick and I'll stick with them as my choice to win it all. With those two defenses, it could look like the Bama-LSU national championship game 2 years ago though(which is good if you have the right squares cause it makes the final payout more).

#107 bubbagump

bubbagump

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114646
  • Joined: 09/10/2010
  • Location:The Empire
GolfWRX Likes : 472

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostNYKnuckleballer, on 22 January 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

View Postbubbagump, on 22 January 2013 - 07:27 AM, said:

The talent on the team has come from Nolan, Singletary and FO but it also is the same talent who struggled to go anywhere when they were at the helm.  Singletary while extremely stubborn and not the best head coach, played a huge part in saving Vernon Davis and Ahmad Brooks careers.  VD was on a path of wasting away his talent and being a knucklehead until Sing and his tough love and kicking him out of a game early really turned him around.  Brooks was just not motivated and didnt seem to care, and Singletary turned him around too.

While alot of the talent was in place, it needed the right guy to put it all together.

What it needed was a coach that understood the QB position, which helped immensely.  But that was just the quick fix.  It needed another QB that wasn't a "game manager".  And By Jove!  I think they've got him...even if he is a tattooed freak who has no idea how to properly wear a hat.

Dude you got that right.........the way Nolan and Singletary handled the qb situation was God awful lol...

Shaun Hill.....JT O Sullivan , David Carr, Troy Smith lol....

Ive never felt more for an athlete than I did with Alex during  the "we want Carr" game.  That was hard to watch, and I was pretty upset with a good portion of the Faithful for doing that.  Understandable frustration....but not the way to handle things.

Edited by bubbagump, 22 January 2013 - 11:01 AM.

9* TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 7.2
14* 3w TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 7.2
19* TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 9.8
4-AW Rocketbladez tour SS PX 6.5
Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport
58* , 62* Vokeys with project x
WITB Link

#108 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8,879 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50335
  • Joined: 03/01/2008
  • Location:Euharlee, GA
GolfWRX Likes : 706

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Bubba,
Have you seen the video on Deadspin of Harbaugh teaching hand placement technique for QB's? If so, make sure the 9ers don't let him host a youth camp. They might arrest him for teaching kids how to Sandusky

#109 bubbagump

bubbagump

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114646
  • Joined: 09/10/2010
  • Location:The Empire
GolfWRX Likes : 472

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

View PostRookieBlue7, on 22 January 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

Bubba,
Have you seen the video on Deadspin of Harbaugh teaching hand placement technique for QB's? If so, make sure the 9ers don't let him host a youth camp. They might arrest him for teaching kids how to Sandusky

I have not....but I have seen this about 100 times and laugh every single time.  The Harbaugh brothers couldnt be more different in some ways lol.  Jim is that coach you would love to have on your team, but if not you probably hate him lol.

Posted Image

Edited by bubbagump, 22 January 2013 - 04:41 PM.

9* TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 7.2
14* 3w TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 7.2
19* TM SLDR, Fujikura TS Speeder 9.8
4-AW Rocketbladez tour SS PX 6.5
Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport
58* , 62* Vokeys with project x
WITB Link

#110 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8,879 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50335
  • Joined: 03/01/2008
  • Location:Euharlee, GA
GolfWRX Likes : 706

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

View Postbubbagump, on 22 January 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

View PostRookieBlue7, on 22 January 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

Bubba,
Have you seen the video on Deadspin of Harbaugh teaching hand placement technique for QB's? If so, make sure the 9ers don't let him host a youth camp. They might arrest him for teaching kids how to Sandusky

I have not....but I have seen this about 100 times and laugh every single time.  The Harbaugh brothers couldnt be more different in some ways lol.  Jim is that coach you would love to have on your team, but if not you probably hate him lol.

Posted Image

You should go over there and watch it... And try not to laugh


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




#111 RookieBlue7

RookieBlue7

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8,879 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50335
  • Joined: 03/01/2008
  • Location:Euharlee, GA
GolfWRX Likes : 706

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Of his 41.5 career sacks, the first QB Ray Lewis ever sacked? Jim Harbaugh.

Random trivia of the day lol (thanks Schefter).

#112 One_Putt_Blunder

One_Putt_Blunder

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,583 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56737
  • Joined: 05/28/2008
  • Location:Scottsdale Az
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 647

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

View Postbubbagump, on 22 January 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

Dude you got that right.........the way Nolan and Singletary handled the qb situation was God awful lol...

Shaun Hill.....JT O Sullivan , David Carr, Troy Smith lol....

Ive never felt more for an athlete than I did with Alex during  the "we want Carr" game.  That was hard to watch, and I was pretty upset with a good portion of the Faithful for doing that.  Understandable frustration....but not the way to handle things.

Jed York (49ers President) had a great thanks to Nolan post game tweet

Quote

Jed York@JedYork
Sorry I missed Mike Nolan after the game. He congratulated a lot of our guys along with his wife. #ClassAct He set the foundation

Good to see him recognize Nolan who brought many of the key players into the organization.

I hated the we want Carr game with a passion and I gained more respect for Alex after that night. Also great to see the fans give Alex a huge standing ovation after the last regular season home game.

I was at Mile High Stadium when the fans did something similar to Plummer when Cutler was his back up. I had always thought Broncos fans were some of the better fans in the league too.
9.5 9064 Oban Devotion 06
14.5 X Hot 3 Deep
18* IDEA PRO Hybrid the OG
RAZR X Forged 4-PW
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill
Vokey 52/56/60 200series/TVDK/TVDMgrind
WITB Link




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors