Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Steel-to-graphite question about total club weight

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 seasterl

seasterl

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 204765
  • Ebay ID:seasterl
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

If I switch from X100 steel shafts to graphite, can I reduce the total club weight while maintaining the same swing weight and boring ball fight similar to the DG X100?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 TucsonGolfer

TucsonGolfer

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49818
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

Yes absolutely. You would probably end up going with a stiffer graphite, or a different profile to achieve this. Also, look into Steel Fiber iron shafts. heavy graphite yet lighter than steel. Couple guys out on tour are playing them as well.

-Joe Pike

#3 Stuart G.

Stuart G.

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,995 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 174728
GolfWRX Likes : 538

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

Yes.  If you want a good low launch graphite shaft, try the aldila NV MLTI pro 105's.   The steelfiber's are nice but I'm not sure I'd consider them a low launching shaft.

#4 Tee 2 Green Custom Golf

Tee 2 Green Custom Golf

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17775
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:32 AM

Take a look at the Accra i-series shafts - a weight and flex for everyone. Also, if you can weight there will be a new release from them that sounds like it may be exactly what you're looking for.

Anthony

#5 tbowles411

tbowles411

LEGS and CHEESE.

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,534 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Handicap:23
GolfWRX Likes : 1728

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:41 AM

UST Recoils can be tweaked in almost any bend profile in various weights.

#6 seasterl

seasterl

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 204765
  • Ebay ID:seasterl
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

View PostTee 2 Green Custom Golf, on 14 January 2013 - 05:32 AM, said:

Take a look at the Accra i-series shafts - a weight and flex for everyone. Also, if you can weight there will be a new release from them that sounds like it may be exactly what you're looking for.

Anthony

Thanks, guys!  I've been playing some Accra in some of my longer clubs (hybrids and driving irons) and really like them.

Do you have to worry about graphite shafts wearing out and needing replaced?  I take care of my stuff, but as expensive as they are, I'd hate to have to reshaft every few years to because they changed or required it due to normal use.  I do keep my clubs in my house and not in a garage.

Edited by seasterl, 14 January 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#7 smoothie4896

smoothie4896

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40915
  • Ebay ID:none
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

You should also look at the tour issue Aldila Prototypes that are sitting in my basement!  X-Flex, 125 grams, and never released to public, pretty close match if your looking to make a switch from X100's, cheap experemint also.

Can always PM if interested!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 TucsonGolfer

TucsonGolfer

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49818
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

The only things that you should be careful with your graphite in terms of " wearing out " is taking sand paper to them lol. They will be fine. I have a old set of Titleist DCI irons with graphite shafts from like 96 or something that are still just fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors