Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

913 tipping question from novice builder

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kujo_3

kujo_3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 161763
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Recently got a good buy on a rip beta 60 x stiff. I usually play stiff flex, driver speed of about 102. I would like it to play a bit softer if possible, and at 45.5 in my 913d2.I think Titleist suggested to tip driver shafts 1/2"?Aldila only suggests butt trimming. Is that right? Is that to maintain flex due to adaptor weight? Or is it to strengthen tip area? Any help/info is greatly appreciated.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 jmcdonald

jmcdonald

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80779
  • Handicap:+1.1
GolfWRX Likes : 59

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

If you want to play it as soft as possible then leave the tip be and butt trim like aldila says.

#3 cadman88

cadman88

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 857 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114210
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Titleist tips all driver shafts except the MFT ones from the 910 Surefit line 1/2" to play true to flex.. and jmcdonald is correct.. don't tip it at all to play as soft as possible...

Another option, don't tip at all and leave it 1" longer when butt trimmed (choke down if needed).. if you find it's too weak, pull the adapter, tip it some..
Cleveland TL310 8.5 Miyazaki C.Kua 59x
Cleveland FL 15 - Miyazaki C.Kua 59s
Cleveland FL 19 - Miyazaki C.Kua 43s
712 CB 4-PW - Recoil Prototype 95 F5
Scratch 50, 54, 58 - KBS Tour Hi-Rev
Odyssey Black Series Tour Design # 6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors