Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Wilson Powersole Irons.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 craigeyb

craigeyb

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100566
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Does anyone know anything about the history of Wilson Powersole Irons. There is a set in my local PIAS and they are a forged cavity back. They say POWERSOLE in the cavity. Though the soles of the irons are unremarkable, flat like many Wilson staff irons and interestingly despite the relatively modern looking Powersole script in the cavity, the numbering on the irons is the same script/font they used on irons in the 1960's.

Just curious as they are paired with a JPII Sand wedge for $20 and thought they may be worth a go.

Craig.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Shallowface

Shallowface

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16569
GolfWRX Likes : 111

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

View Postcraigeyb, on 09 January 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

Does anyone know anything about the history of Wilson Powersole Irons. There is a set in my local PIAS and they are a forged cavity back. They say POWERSOLE in the cavity. Though the soles of the irons are unremarkable, flat like many Wilson staff irons and interestingly despite the relatively modern looking Powersole script in the cavity, the numbering on the irons is the same script/font they used on irons in the 1960's.

Just curious as they are paired with a JPII Sand wedge for $20 and thought they may be worth a go.

Craig.

Well, if they look like these (not my auction nor do I know the seller)...

http://www.ebay.com/...=item416f701aa6

...they're a store line club from sometime in the 80s.  Wilson sold this head with a number of different trademarks on it.  For example (again, same disclaimer as above).

http://www.ebay.com/...=item5addaa166b

Hope this helps.

Edited by Shallowface, 10 January 2013 - 05:36 PM.

#3 Prog8r

Prog8r

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123290
  • Ebay ID:Prog8r
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

These look similar to the older yonex forging.

Well, if they look like these (not my auction nor do I know the seller)...

http://www.ebay.com/...=item416f701aa6

Makes me wanna jump right on them.  They look like they are butta.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors