Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Need help with a Ping FW shaft

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 erock9174

erock9174

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119277
  • Handicap:14.8
GolfWRX Likes : 106

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

Gents,
I have a Dicks gift card and am in need of a new 5w shaft.
I currently play the stock shaft in a Soft Reg flex on my K15 5w, and my swing speed with the driver has improved to around 88-90 mph and now I feel like I have to slow my swing down too much to control the 5w flex.

Dicks pretty much offers your standard low budget shafts (Aldila NV, NVS, Grafalloy PL Blue) but I have no clue which one would be best for me.  Any recommendations?  Also, do you know if Dicks can special order a shaft?  I think they have an account with Golfworks because I always see them referring to their manual.

I really don't have any trouble getting the 5w up in the air.  Its actually one of my favorite clubs to hit in the bag.  But it just has become too flexy for me especially off the tee on tight holes when I tend to ramp up my swing speed.

The only experience I have with aftermarket shafts is the Diamana Blue R flex I play on my driver.   Which I really like.

Also, it was my understanding that Ping shafts might have a different tip size (not a .335).  Is this correct? If so will Dicks have any problem installing it for me?

Thanks

Ping G30 SF Tec 10* Tour 65
Ping G30 3w
Exotics Trilogy 20*/26* hybrids
Ping K15 5i-SW
Ping G25 LW
Ping Ketsch

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors