Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Looking for a Good Ball Recommendation

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 paztormike

paztormike

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98036
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

I am super bummed that the Top Flite Gamer V2's are no more.  It became my favorite ball last year, and I have about run out of them.  So now I am looking for a new recommendation.

I loved that the Gamers were plenty long, but had more spin than the Titleist NXT Tour balls.  What was crazy cool about the Gamers to me was the cover.  They are so dang durable while still giving you a decent spin.  I have yet to find a durable ball that spins nearly as well as the Gamer.  NXT Tour's are less durable and spin less.  I remember being told that the Gamers had an Ionomer cover.  

Do any of you have a good recommendation?

Please let me know if you do.  Thanks in advance.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 glk23

glk23

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 204261
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

I also love the gamer and just picked up 2 dz from Dick's for BOGO, that gives me 5+ dozen on hand. I've played the Calloway Diablo Tour a couple of times and thought it was very close to the Gamer. Since Calloway is sitting on the technology, I'm guessing we will see a renamed version of this ball in the future. I may end up back at Dick's as they also had plenty of the D2 Feels which I love in the late fall and winter.

I see some people having trouble with the Wilson Duo, but I really liked it in the 4-5 rounds I used it in the early fall. I have a 2 pack that I'm waiting until spring to give a try.  Overall I think there are a lot of good balls in the $20-25 range, you just have to find one that works for you. This trial and error along with price is how I got to the Gamer in the first place.

#3 PZero

PZero

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,430 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129810
  • Handicap:1.5
GolfWRX Likes : 994

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Diablo Tours are very similar to the Gamer V2. From what I've read, Callaway used the same tech for both balls.
R11S 10.5 Whiteboad 63S
913F 15, R9 19
Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
Vokey 50, TVD 56
Studio Select Newport

#4 dereckbc

dereckbc

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 211461
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

View Postpaztormike, on 08 January 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

I am super bummed that the Top Flite Gamer V2's are no more.

Where did you hear that?

It is not true, and you can still get them no problem at all.

Callaway did buy Top-Flite a few years back. But Calaway is going broke and they sold the Top Flite line to Dick's Sporting Goods to raise cash. So now the only place (exclusive) you can buy them is either at Dick's Sporting Goods or Galaxy Golf (owned by Dick's) If you do not have one of those stores near you, buy them on-line.

24 Top Flite Gamer V2, 24 balls for $25 So do not be bummed, go get them. At this price I suggest you buy as many as you can afford. Buy $100 or more worth and shipping is free. That is 8 dozen for $100. Enough to last a whole season cheap.

Edited by dereckbc, 10 January 2013 - 12:09 AM.

#5 hoosiervolunteer

hoosiervolunteer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7380
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

+1 on the Diablo Tours.  Played very similar for me.  The cover held up better on the Diablos for me as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors