Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Tom Wishon Fittings

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 botibill

botibill

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 210743
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Does anyone know if Tom Wishon does fittings or are they just farmed out to fitters who meet his standards?  And if he does do fittings, how do you set up an appointment because I like what I have read and researched about the way he looks at equipment. Getting tired of 20 year kids at TGW thinking they know all about fittings.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 jaskanski

jaskanski

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,954 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 62078
GolfWRX Likes : 680

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

I doubt Tom himself would be on hand to do a fitting (he's far too busy writing on Golfwrx)
If you use your common sense though, visit his website and use the "find a fitter" link. I think his main center is Durango Colorado.

http://wishongolf.co...d-a-clubfitter/

#3 Jamboy72

Jamboy72

Powered by the old school

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,018 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51683
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 423

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

He has HQ in Durango, CO...you can certainly make appointments to travel/get fit there...also, I know he has a list of certified fitters in different areas...

#4 botibill

botibill

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

View Postjaskanski, on 08 January 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

I doubt Tom himself would be on hand to do a fitting (he's far too busy writing on Golfwrx)
If you use your common sense though, visit his website and use the "find a fitter" link. I think his main center is Durango Colorado.

http://wishongolf.co...d-a-clubfitter/
Thank you very much.

#5 botibill

botibill

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

View Posttopekareal, on 08 January 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

He has HQ in Durango, CO...you can certainly make appointments to travel/get fit there...also, I know he has a list of certified fitters in different areas...
Thank you.

#6 TomWishon

TomWishon

Major Winner

• Sponsors
  • 2,211 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45409
GolfWRX Likes : 914

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

View Postbotibill, on 08 January 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

Does anyone know if Tom Wishon does fittings or are they just farmed out to fitters who meet his standards?  And if he does do fittings, how do you set up an appointment because I like what I have read and researched about the way he looks at equipment. Getting tired of 20 year kids at TGW thinking they know all about fittings.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

The other guys told you the basics.  For clarification, the clubmakers on our Find a Clubfitter locator are clubmakers who, 1) I know personally or have taught over the years;  2) satisfied our company through our screening process that they know what they are doing and can offer a decent fitting experience;

They are not on the listing for how much they buy.  There are some on there who haven't bought anything from us for 2 yrs, but we keep them on because they have the skills to fit properly.  They are all independent and in no way formally tied to our company.

Other places you can go to find a good fitter are the  1) The AGCP (Association of Golf Clubfitting Professionals) -  http://www.agcpgolf.com/locator/ 2) The ICG (International Clubmakers’ Guild)  - http://www.clubmaker...uild-google-map  

We do offer full fitting analysis at our company's R&D facility at Dalton Ranch GC just north of Durango, CO, between April 1 and Nov 1.  If someone is coming in from out of town, we like to have them here for at least two days.  On the other hand, the Durango area is not all that bad of a place to come visit for tourist reasons other than Wishon Golf so most prefer to stay for a longer time !!!   Two decent golf courses with great views where the 6500 elevation here allows you to hit the ball a mile (!) and all the mountain activities you can imagine in a gorgeous geographical location.  Scenery, 4WD trails, the famous Durango train, and absolute world class fly fishing if you are into that.  And some fabulous restaurants.

Thanks for your interest,
TOM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors