Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

From Golf.com - Truth & Rumors: Tiger not welcome at Australian PGA - All time dumb comment of the year


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 drbonesvt

drbonesvt

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,042 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141067
  • Joined: 10/04/2011
  • Location:Out in the West Texas town of................
  • Handicap:WIP
GolfWRX Likes : 693

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

This guy gets my "Dumb comment of 2012"  he just sneaks in there under the wire for 2012.  Maybe he needs drug tested.  Like him or not, Tiger draws.

http://blogs.golf.co...l?sct=obnetwork

Edited by MrParr1Noid, 08 January 2013 - 02:32 PM.
Profanity masked or other wise is not allowed.

The Blue Monster: SLDR Tour Issue 460 9.5*@9.5*(2.0* Open) @ 45" Speeder VC 8.1x
3 metal: SLDR TI 14*@13.4*(3.0*Open)@43" Rombax P95x (tipped 1.25")
5 metal: SLDR TI 5w 19*@19.2(2.5 open) @42.5" TI FIT ON PRO 95XX (100gram) tipped 1.5"
Sans 5 metal, 2 IRION - Titleist 712u (18.5*) PXI 6.5 @ 40"
Irons: Mizzy MP4's 3-PW old school lofts(48* PW) C Taper X 130's
W1 54* Vokey SM5 M Grind (10*Bounce)C taper X ssx1
W2 60* Vokey SM5 L Grind (4* bounce) C Taper X ssx2
Rock Roller - Don T. Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless (tri sole) 340g head @ 34"
Golf Pride Tour 2G Wrap
D4-D5 SW, PW D6, Wedges D9
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 SHIVAN

SHIVAN

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,879 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113964
  • Joined: 08/30/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 843

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

The dude is mentally defective BEFORE he ever made comments about Tiger.  A T-Rex on a golf course?  Maybe so crazy the event is going to be moved to another venue by the Australian PGA....

#3 tbowles411

tbowles411

    Candy Dulfer - Yes I like Jazz too...

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 20,677 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Joined: 08/30/2005
  • Location:Northern Virginia
GolfWRX Likes : 2973

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Regardless of how people may feel about Tiger, he brings dollars.  He must not like money.  I watched that tournament.  It definately was not as well attended when he played in it.  Rory probably won't play in it either unless he's paid crazy money to do it.  He doesn't have to.

#4 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,120 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 1641

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

View Posttbowles411, on 08 January 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

Regardless of how people may feel about Tiger, he brings dollars.  He must not like money.  I watched that tournament.  It definately was not as well attended when he played in it.  Rory probably won't play in it either unless he's paid crazy money to do it.  He doesn't have to.

Agreed!

#5 Golfrnut

Golfrnut

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132818
  • Joined: 07/12/2011
  • Location:Eastern NC
GolfWRX Likes : 644

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

I know there was a pretty lengthy thread on this already, but I can't believe I am having so much trouble trying to find it.  Someone started it when the story initially broke over on the Golf Channel.

Anyone else find it?

Edited by Golfrnut, 08 January 2013 - 11:40 AM.

TM Supertri V2
Callaway 3Deep
19* and 22* TM proto rescues
Callaway RAZR MBs
Odyssey Protype 2-Ball
Callaway Jaws 50/54/58

#6 drbonesvt

drbonesvt

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,042 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141067
  • Joined: 10/04/2011
  • Location:Out in the West Texas town of................
  • Handicap:WIP
GolfWRX Likes : 693

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

View PostGolfrnut, on 08 January 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

I know there was a pretty lengthy thread on this already, but I can't believe I am having so much trouble trying to find it.  Someone started it when the story initially broke over on the Golf Channel.

Anyone else find it?

I looked for it also before I posted this, I was initially shocked there wasn't one, if I double posted I apologize.  Could have turned into a Tiger bashing and was removed?
The Blue Monster: SLDR Tour Issue 460 9.5*@9.5*(2.0* Open) @ 45" Speeder VC 8.1x
3 metal: SLDR TI 14*@13.4*(3.0*Open)@43" Rombax P95x (tipped 1.25")
5 metal: SLDR TI 5w 19*@19.2(2.5 open) @42.5" TI FIT ON PRO 95XX (100gram) tipped 1.5"
Sans 5 metal, 2 IRION - Titleist 712u (18.5*) PXI 6.5 @ 40"
Irons: Mizzy MP4's 3-PW old school lofts(48* PW) C Taper X 130's
W1 54* Vokey SM5 M Grind (10*Bounce)C taper X ssx1
W2 60* Vokey SM5 L Grind (4* bounce) C Taper X ssx2
Rock Roller - Don T. Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless (tri sole) 340g head @ 34"
Golf Pride Tour 2G Wrap
D4-D5 SW, PW D6, Wedges D9
WITB Link

#7 drbonesvt

drbonesvt

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,042 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141067
  • Joined: 10/04/2011
  • Location:Out in the West Texas town of................
  • Handicap:WIP
GolfWRX Likes : 693

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

Picture of the T Rex if anyone hasn't seen it on the golf course


Posted Image
The Blue Monster: SLDR Tour Issue 460 9.5*@9.5*(2.0* Open) @ 45" Speeder VC 8.1x
3 metal: SLDR TI 14*@13.4*(3.0*Open)@43" Rombax P95x (tipped 1.25")
5 metal: SLDR TI 5w 19*@19.2(2.5 open) @42.5" TI FIT ON PRO 95XX (100gram) tipped 1.5"
Sans 5 metal, 2 IRION - Titleist 712u (18.5*) PXI 6.5 @ 40"
Irons: Mizzy MP4's 3-PW old school lofts(48* PW) C Taper X 130's
W1 54* Vokey SM5 M Grind (10*Bounce)C taper X ssx1
W2 60* Vokey SM5 L Grind (4* bounce) C Taper X ssx2
Rock Roller - Don T. Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless (tri sole) 340g head @ 34"
Golf Pride Tour 2G Wrap
D4-D5 SW, PW D6, Wedges D9
WITB Link

#8 FairwayGolfUSA.com

FairwayGolfUSA.com

    Major Winner

  • Sponsors
  • 1,356 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185658
  • Joined: 06/11/2012
  • Location:San Diego, Calfornia
GolfWRX Likes : 186

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

View Postdrbonesvt, on 08 January 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

Picture of the T Rex if anyone hasn't seen it on the golf course


Posted Image

Wow. They really did just do that.
Fairway Golf Online Store :golfer:
Website: http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com
Email: cs@fairwaygolfusa.com
Phone: 1-877-509-0830

#9 drbonesvt

drbonesvt

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,042 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141067
  • Joined: 10/04/2011
  • Location:Out in the West Texas town of................
  • Handicap:WIP
GolfWRX Likes : 693

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

View PostFairwayGolfUSA.com, on 08 January 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

View Postdrbonesvt, on 08 January 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

Picture of the T Rex if anyone hasn't seen it on the golf course


Posted Image

Wow. They really did just do that.


According to the article, one of the reasons the PGA of Australia is looking for a new site.
The Blue Monster: SLDR Tour Issue 460 9.5*@9.5*(2.0* Open) @ 45" Speeder VC 8.1x
3 metal: SLDR TI 14*@13.4*(3.0*Open)@43" Rombax P95x (tipped 1.25")
5 metal: SLDR TI 5w 19*@19.2(2.5 open) @42.5" TI FIT ON PRO 95XX (100gram) tipped 1.5"
Sans 5 metal, 2 IRION - Titleist 712u (18.5*) PXI 6.5 @ 40"
Irons: Mizzy MP4's 3-PW old school lofts(48* PW) C Taper X 130's
W1 54* Vokey SM5 M Grind (10*Bounce)C taper X ssx1
W2 60* Vokey SM5 L Grind (4* bounce) C Taper X ssx2
Rock Roller - Don T. Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless (tri sole) 340g head @ 34"
Golf Pride Tour 2G Wrap
D4-D5 SW, PW D6, Wedges D9
WITB Link

#10 Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo

    Tour Winner

  • Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 148219
  • Joined: 11/23/2011
  • Location:Pittsburgh, PA
GolfWRX Likes : 86

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

If only the T-Rex could come to life and snatch up every idiot who yells, "MASHED POTATOES!" or "GET IN THE HOLE!" on a par 5, then we'd be talking...

Cleveland Classic 290 9* Tour AD-DI 6s
Tour Edge Exotics CB2 15* Tour AD-DI 7s
Adams Idea Pro 18* Aerotech Steelfiber
Mizuno MP-33 3-PW TTDG S300
Cleveland 588 Forged 56*, 64*
Never Compromise Sub 30 Type 40

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest


Hi there. Wondering why this box is in your way from continuing to read down this awesome thread? Just join for free and you will never see it again.




#11 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,895 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 3687

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

"Clive Palmer accused Greenpeace of being funded by the CIA"

I think maybe be heard Tiger's SEAL training was a CIA cover program to kill his T-REX

He sat on it for 19 months to hatch it and loves it!

What's wrong with that?

Edited by bscinstnct, 08 January 2013 - 07:19 PM.


#12 chiguy

chiguy

    CALLAWRX2

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125729
  • Joined: 04/01/2011
  • Location:You know where
GolfWRX Likes : 213

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

What a nut job this guy is. I think the t rex is a great idea. Wait, no. That's not true at all.
I mean, I like golf balls
but not that much.

#13 drbonesvt

drbonesvt

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,042 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141067
  • Joined: 10/04/2011
  • Location:Out in the West Texas town of................
  • Handicap:WIP
GolfWRX Likes : 693

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

View Postbscinstnct, on 08 January 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

"Clive Palmer accused Greenpeace of being funded by the CIA"

I think maybe be heard Tiger's SEAL training was a CIA cover program to kill his T-REX

He sat on it for 19 months to hatch it and loves it!

What's wrong with that?

This guy must come from money. I want to know how he amassed the funds to own that golf course down under.  Bc I have some prime FL Everglades swamp land to sell him.

Edited by drbonesvt, 08 January 2013 - 08:32 PM.

The Blue Monster: SLDR Tour Issue 460 9.5*@9.5*(2.0* Open) @ 45" Speeder VC 8.1x
3 metal: SLDR TI 14*@13.4*(3.0*Open)@43" Rombax P95x (tipped 1.25")
5 metal: SLDR TI 5w 19*@19.2(2.5 open) @42.5" TI FIT ON PRO 95XX (100gram) tipped 1.5"
Sans 5 metal, 2 IRION - Titleist 712u (18.5*) PXI 6.5 @ 40"
Irons: Mizzy MP4's 3-PW old school lofts(48* PW) C Taper X 130's
W1 54* Vokey SM5 M Grind (10*Bounce)C taper X ssx1
W2 60* Vokey SM5 L Grind (4* bounce) C Taper X ssx2
Rock Roller - Don T. Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless (tri sole) 340g head @ 34"
Golf Pride Tour 2G Wrap
D4-D5 SW, PW D6, Wedges D9
WITB Link

#14 Gupps01

Gupps01

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97367
  • Joined: 10/27/2009
  • Location:Perth, Western Australia
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

View Postdrbonesvt, on 08 January 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

View Postbscinstnct, on 08 January 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

"Clive Palmer accused Greenpeace of being funded by the CIA"

I think maybe be heard Tiger's SEAL training was a CIA cover program to kill his T-REX

He sat on it for 19 months to hatch it and loves it!

What's wrong with that?

This guy must come from money. I want to know how he amassed the funds to own that golf course down under.  Bc I have some prime FL Everglades swamp land to sell him.

Clive Palmer is a iron ore mining maganate (similar to Gina Rinehart but worth less). He's earned his money. He's a bit out there, no one in Australia really takes him seriously. He says something wacky, we say thats nice Clive and he waddles back to his corner and spends the next 5-6 months coming up with the next idea. From all reports he's actually a very nice, smart guy but just eccentric, as people with that amount of money often are.

#15 drbonesvt

drbonesvt

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,042 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141067
  • Joined: 10/04/2011
  • Location:Out in the West Texas town of................
  • Handicap:WIP
GolfWRX Likes : 693

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

View PostGupps01, on 08 January 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

View Postdrbonesvt, on 08 January 2013 - 08:31 PM, said:

View Postbscinstnct, on 08 January 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

"Clive Palmer accused Greenpeace of being funded by the CIA"

I think maybe be heard Tiger's SEAL training was a CIA cover program to kill his T-REX

He sat on it for 19 months to hatch it and loves it!

What's wrong with that?

This guy must come from money. I want to know how he amassed the funds to own that golf course down under.  Bc I have some prime FL Everglades swamp land to sell him.

Clive Palmer is a iron ore mining maganate (similar to Gina Rinehart but worth less). He's earned his money. He's a bit out there, no one in Australia really takes him seriously. He says something wacky, we say thats nice Clive and he waddles back to his corner and spends the next 5-6 months coming up with the next idea. From all reports he's actually a very nice, smart guy but just eccentric, as people with that amount of money often are.


Mineralogy , interesting

Edited by drbonesvt, 08 January 2013 - 10:22 PM.

The Blue Monster: SLDR Tour Issue 460 9.5*@9.5*(2.0* Open) @ 45" Speeder VC 8.1x
3 metal: SLDR TI 14*@13.4*(3.0*Open)@43" Rombax P95x (tipped 1.25")
5 metal: SLDR TI 5w 19*@19.2(2.5 open) @42.5" TI FIT ON PRO 95XX (100gram) tipped 1.5"
Sans 5 metal, 2 IRION - Titleist 712u (18.5*) PXI 6.5 @ 40"
Irons: Mizzy MP4's 3-PW old school lofts(48* PW) C Taper X 130's
W1 54* Vokey SM5 M Grind (10*Bounce)C taper X ssx1
W2 60* Vokey SM5 L Grind (4* bounce) C Taper X ssx2
Rock Roller - Don T. Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless (tri sole) 340g head @ 34"
Golf Pride Tour 2G Wrap
D4-D5 SW, PW D6, Wedges D9
WITB Link

#16 CCUgolfer23

CCUgolfer23

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,419 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185402
  • Joined: 06/10/2012
  • Location:Myrtle Beach
GolfWRX Likes : 383

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

I read this about a month ago and thought the same thing. He isn't number 1 but he draws more people than luke donald and still more than Rory.
Titleist 913 D2 Oban devotion 6 04 flex
                Titleist 910 fd 13.5 tour issue VTS silver 8x
                Titleist 910 19* pink bimatrix xstiff
                Titleist 704 5 iron/6-pw 670 mb KBS tour
                Ping anser 50, tour s 54/58
                Scotty cameron Red X
                <a href="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/961933-ccugolfer23s-updated-whats-in-the-bag/" title="WITB Link" target="_blank">WITB Link</a>

#17 farmer

farmer

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,379 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70095
  • Joined: 12/02/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 809

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

When you get down to it, every course needs a dinosaur or two.  Think of ANGC with some sauropods down in Rae's Creek.  Excitement, I think so!

#18 subrosa

subrosa

    Better at bowling

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 182760
  • Joined: 05/24/2012
  • Location:Castro Valley, CA
  • Ebay ID:subbyrosa
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

I might be alone but I wouldn't mind owning a t-Rex like that...maybe he didn't have anywhere to put it.

What you don't see are the raptors off #15 ;)

#19 Damo75

Damo75

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10531
  • Joined: 01/26/2006
  • Location:Qld, AUSTRALIA
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

The thread is here: http://www.golfwrx.c...ver-a-good-mix/

View Posttbowles411, on 08 January 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

Regardless of how people may feel about Tiger, he brings dollars.  He must not like money.  I watched that tournament.  It definately was not as well attended when he played in it.  Rory probably won't play in it either unless he's paid crazy money to do it.  He doesn't have to.

Tiger has never played in this event...
Titleist 913 D3 10.5 - Diamana D+ 82X
Cobra AMP Cell 3/4 - Fujikura Fuel S
Adams A4 Tour 3-W - DG X100
Cleveland 588 RTX 52/56 - Wedge flex
Odyssey Works #7
Bridgestone WC Prototype 60 - S300

#20 Damo75

Damo75

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10531
  • Joined: 01/26/2006
  • Location:Qld, AUSTRALIA
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

View Postbscinstnct, on 08 January 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

"Clive Palmer accused Greenpeace of being funded by the CIA"

I think maybe be heard Tiger's SEAL training was a CIA cover program to kill his T-REX

He sat on it for 19 months to hatch it and loves it!

What's wrong with that?
No he didn't...

http://www.dailytele...0-1226306465588

Titleist 913 D3 10.5 - Diamana D+ 82X
Cobra AMP Cell 3/4 - Fujikura Fuel S
Adams A4 Tour 3-W - DG X100
Cleveland 588 RTX 52/56 - Wedge flex
Odyssey Works #7
Bridgestone WC Prototype 60 - S300

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest


Hi there. Wondering why this box is in your way from continuing to read down this awesome thread? Just join for free and you will never see it again.




#21 Golfrnut

Golfrnut

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132818
  • Joined: 07/12/2011
  • Location:Eastern NC
GolfWRX Likes : 644

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

View Postdrbonesvt, on 08 January 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

View PostGolfrnut, on 08 January 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

I know there was a pretty lengthy thread on this already, but I can't believe I am having so much trouble trying to find it. Someone started it when the story initially broke over on the Golf Channel. Anyone else find it?
I looked for it also before I posted this, I was initially shocked there wasn't one, if I double posted I apologize. Could have turned into a Tiger bashing and was removed?

Ah, no worries.  I wasn't concerned that you did or anything.  I just remembered seeing it somewhere on here.

It could have possible been merged into the thread that Damo posted above this post.  I could have sworn it had a different title and had a different link to the GC article.  Could have been dreaming at the time too.


Either way, I consider the guy to be a bit of a putz, and this was probably more of a media stunt than anything because the event kind of tanked and he really didn't have any headliners at his event.  His way of kind of poking the dinosaur(haha) to stir the pot in hopes of getting someone interested.  Doubtful that it's gonna work though...
TM Supertri V2
Callaway 3Deep
19* and 22* TM proto rescues
Callaway RAZR MBs
Odyssey Protype 2-Ball
Callaway Jaws 50/54/58

#22 marmooskapaul

marmooskapaul

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13039
  • Joined: 03/05/2006
  • Location:indiana
GolfWRX Likes : 130

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

If this guy has sooo much money, why doesn't he put some of it into prize money? He could draw a much better field if he put his T-Rex money into 1st place money .lol,, but hey, it's his money so?? He can do as he pleases.
Paul

#23 MileHighClub

MileHighClub

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123991
  • Joined: 03/08/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 320

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

OP must not read much if he thinks this is the dumbest comment of 2012.
Callaway FT-iz 9*
Ping G15 4W 17*
Taylormade 09 Rescue 19*, 22*
Ping G25 5-9, PW, UW
Cleveland CG14 54*, 58*
Odyssey Original White Hot 2 Ball

#24 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,895 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 3687

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

View Postmarmooskapaul, on 09 January 2013 - 09:37 AM, said:

If this guy has sooo much money, why doesn't he put some of it into prize money? He could draw a much better field if he put his T-Rex money into 1st place money .lol,, but hey, it's his money so?? He can do as he pleases.
Paul

CIA, Crop circles, Area 51, lots of reasons.

#25 Ozsouthpaw

Ozsouthpaw

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125414
  • Joined: 03/28/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

I don't think Clive has any interest in Golf but it seems he does have an interest in buying up resort golf courses in Queensland ,3 so far,
And adapting them to attract Tourists especially Chinese. Top US and Euro golfers are not interested in travelling so far to play unless paid millions appearance money and then the others get upset. I read somewhere that aside from the billions Clive has he earns $30 mil. per month royaliies from just one of his mines. With the  strong Aussie dollar our tourism industry is suffering big time so good on him .
,


#26 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,895 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 3687

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

View PostOzsouthpaw, on 09 January 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

I don't think Clive has any interest in Golf but it seems he does have an interest in buying up resort golf courses in Queensland ,3 so far,
And adapting them to attract Tourists especially Chinese. Top US and Euro golfers are not interested in travelling so far to play unless paid millions appearance money and then the others get upset. I read somewhere that aside from the billions Clive has he earns $30 mil. per month royaliies from just one of his mines. With the  strong Aussie dollar our tourism industry is suffering big time so good on him .
,

He looks and sounds like a chubby loser megalomaniac.



#27 iBanesto

iBanesto

    Niclas Fasth

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18328
  • Joined: 08/24/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 233

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

View Postbscinstnct, on 09 January 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

View PostOzsouthpaw, on 09 January 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

I don't think Clive has any interest in Golf but it seems he does have an interest in buying up resort golf courses in Queensland ,3 so far,
And adapting them to attract Tourists especially Chinese. Top US and Euro golfers are not interested in travelling so far to play unless paid millions appearance money and then the others get upset. I read somewhere that aside from the billions Clive has he earns $30 mil. per month royaliies from just one of his mines. With the  strong Aussie dollar our tourism industry is suffering big time so good on him .
,

He looks and sounds like a chubby loser megalomaniac.

And a Peter Senior fanboy.

#28 drbonesvt

drbonesvt

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,042 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141067
  • Joined: 10/04/2011
  • Location:Out in the West Texas town of................
  • Handicap:WIP
GolfWRX Likes : 693

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

View Postbscinstnct, on 09 January 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

View PostOzsouthpaw, on 09 January 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

I don't think Clive has any interest in Golf but it seems he does have an interest in buying up resort golf courses in Queensland ,3 so far,
And adapting them to attract Tourists especially Chinese. Top US and Euro golfers are not interested in travelling so far to play unless paid millions appearance money and then the others get upset. I read somewhere that aside from the billions Clive has he earns $30 mil. per month royaliies from just one of his mines. With the  strong Aussie dollar our tourism industry is suffering big time so good on him .
,

He looks and sounds like a chubby loser megalomaniac.

Wonder what his HC?
The Blue Monster: SLDR Tour Issue 460 9.5*@9.5*(2.0* Open) @ 45" Speeder VC 8.1x
3 metal: SLDR TI 14*@13.4*(3.0*Open)@43" Rombax P95x (tipped 1.25")
5 metal: SLDR TI 5w 19*@19.2(2.5 open) @42.5" TI FIT ON PRO 95XX (100gram) tipped 1.5"
Sans 5 metal, 2 IRION - Titleist 712u (18.5*) PXI 6.5 @ 40"
Irons: Mizzy MP4's 3-PW old school lofts(48* PW) C Taper X 130's
W1 54* Vokey SM5 M Grind (10*Bounce)C taper X ssx1
W2 60* Vokey SM5 L Grind (4* bounce) C Taper X ssx2
Rock Roller - Don T. Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless (tri sole) 340g head @ 34"
Golf Pride Tour 2G Wrap
D4-D5 SW, PW D6, Wedges D9
WITB Link




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors