Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

No Player Hating - Don't Be Jealous - Going to See Mr. SliceFixer

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Hstead

Hstead

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,040 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95600
GolfWRX Likes : 1096

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

Mr. Jones got back to me.  I will be heading to Texarkana the second week of Feb.  I can't wait.  It is only 820 miles lol.  I will be there three days.  Hopefully, I will make it worth while.  I have been reading a ton about his teachings and it aligns real well with my teacher I have had for 20 years.  Unfortunately, my buddy is really busy and doesn't give lessons anymore even though he will work with me when he can.  I am really wanting to spend three hard days working at it vs a few hours though and I think between what Mic has taught me and what Geoff teaches, it should come together.  I can tell from what I have read, that what I have been taught and believe works well for me is the same type of swing mechanics and fundamentals that Mr. Fixer subscribes.  Just from implementing what I have read, it has helped me make some of the things work better in my swing that Mic had tried to get me to do.  Mic and Geoff use a lot of the same drills etc.

Ping G30 9* 65 Tour X
Wishon 919FD 12*-S2S 85 X
Ping i20 3-UW Nippon SP Blue X
TM Tour Preferred 54 - Vokey TVD K 58
Ping Anser Byron DH89 Edel Low Tide Fin
Bridgestone Tour B330

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 tembolo1284

tembolo1284

Jack still da man!

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,046 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71802
  • Handicap:Beef
GolfWRX Likes : 2041

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

I don't hate you...but I certainly am jealous. Enjoy it you lucky bean!
Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

#3 Wordmixer

Wordmixer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 167513
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Have fun, Hstead, and bring several gloves because Geoff will likely draw on at least one of them in order to get your grip correct.

And when you arrive be sure and ask, "Mr. Fixer, is it true you are working on a golf book?"

#4 FairwayGolfUSA.com

FairwayGolfUSA.com

Major Winner

• Sponsors
  • 1,284 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185658
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Have fun and make sure to write about your experience. I love all of slicefixers material and even trying it out myself.

RYAN
Fairway Golf Online Store :golfer:
Email: cs@fairwaygolfusa.com
Phone: 1-877-509-0830

#5 SunkTheBirdie

SunkTheBirdie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129830
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

The way some GolfWRXers talk about the trip to Texarkana ... it sounds like they are making a pilgrimage to Mecca.

slicefixer.GolfWRX.mecca.jpg

Edited by SunkTheBirdie, 08 January 2013 - 07:00 PM.

#6 CSagan

CSagan

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128909
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

^^lol

What days u gonna be there? I might be swinging by for a day or two around that time.

#7 XJared

XJared

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75475
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

That's quick. I remember him being about 6 months or so behind back in the summer. I guess people don't want to be cold and be working on their game.

#8 Hstead

Hstead

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,040 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

I got lucky because he had a cancellation.  I will be there Feb 11-13, the next available was at the end of April and then into May.  I am stoked that I can get down there as quickly as 4 weeks.  I thought it would be 4 months.
Ping G30 9* 65 Tour X
Bridgestone Tour B330

#9 verderraul

verderraul

Major Winner

• 1,135 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88350
GolfWRX Likes : 96

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

View PostSunkTheBirdie, on 08 January 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

The way some GolfWRXers talk about the trip to Texarkana ... it sounds like they are making a pilgrimage to Mecca.

Attachment slicefixer.GolfWRX.mecca.jpg

Delete that pic before some Danish paper publishes it. The last thing we want is a fatwa against Geoff.

#10 MWL

MWL

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21716
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

View Postverderraul, on 08 January 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

Attachment slicefixer.GolfWRX.mecca.jpg

Delete that pic before some Danish paper publishes it. The last thing we want is a fatwa against Geoff.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 Sabre3

Sabre3

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127624

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

I never understand how this gets to keep being posted to instruction and academy when it should be in some advertising section.

#12 Hstead

Hstead

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,040 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

View PostSabre3, on 09 January 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

I never understand how this gets to keep being posted to instruction and academy when it should be in some advertising section.

Easy, there are a lot of people on this site that have been interested in what Geoff teaches and we enjoy sharing experiences etc about the instruction and swing theory that he teaches.  I like hearing about others successes and failures.  I also searched this site for every thread regarding peoples opinions and experiences with going to see him.  I am not advertising.  I haven't even been there yet.  I just made this thread so people would chime in with their experiences before I go.  

Chill out a little.  If you do not like Geoff, stay off of the Slicefixer threads and you will not get so tore up about it.
Ping G30 9* 65 Tour X
Bridgestone Tour B330

#13 Sabre3

Sabre3

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127624

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostHstead, on 09 January 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

Easy, there are a lot of people on this site that have been interested in what Geoff teaches and we enjoy sharing experiences etc about the instruction and swing theory that he teaches.  I like hearing about others successes and failures.  I also searched this site for every thread regarding peoples opinions and experiences with going to see him.  I am not advertising.  I haven't even been there yet.  I just made this thread so people would chime in with their experiences before I go.  

Chill out a little.  If you do not like Geoff, stay off of the Slicefixer threads and you will not get so tore up about it.
First off I dont have any problem with his teachings or his theories. My point is this thread and many more like it are never discussions of instruction. Its the same thing over and over telling you to bring gloves and get callouses on your hands and where to eat. So I am chill and I am not tore up about anything. You seem to be a bit sensitive. I was commenting on the picture posted by the person who posted it. Never commented on Geoff or his theories.

I guess I expect to see questions asked and answered on the golf swing regardless of the method.

#14 Cwebb

Cwebb

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21353
GolfWRX Likes : 200

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

Was his response an example of "player hating"?  ;)

#15 Timanator

Timanator

SFClone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71372
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 147

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

Awesome, hope you can gain a lot of knowledge and share your experiences!

Ping Anser 9.5 Ahina 70-S
Adams Super S 2H 17 degrees, Kujoh-S
Ping I20 3-PW KBS Tour-S
Ping Tour W 52/Mizuno 56T10
Odyssey Versa 7

#16 jebb

jebb

Major Winner

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3534
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

Could you post up some before and after videos of your swing please at it will be great to see. Especially if Geoff's ideas are pretty much inline with what you have previously worked on.

Good luck with the trip and let us know how you get on with it!!
That Aint Billy Bob!!

#17 Hstead

Hstead

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,040 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

These are a little older but my swing hasn't changed much ...............................

Ping G30 9* 65 Tour X
Bridgestone Tour B330

#18 bdcava

bdcava

bdcava

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90733
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostSabre3, on 09 January 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:

First off I dont have any problem with his teachings or his theories. My point is this thread and many more like it are never discussions of instruction. Its the same thing over and over telling you to bring gloves and get callouses on your hands and where to eat. So I am chill and I am not tore up about anything. You seem to be a bit sensitive. I was commenting on the picture posted by the person who posted it. Never commented on Geoff or his theories.

I guess I expect to see questions asked and answered on the golf swing regardless of the method.
You're not alone

#19 russc

russc

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,835 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113539
GolfWRX Likes : 388

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

View PostHstead, on 12 January 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

These are a little older but my swing hasn't changed much ...............................

I ill only go to comment  on one obvious problem that Geoff will surely tackle during your visit,your very wristy/handsy takeaway.Geoff teaches his students a one piece takeaway.Basically this means that the hands and wrists do very little during the takeaway(ending at about 7:30);they just hold onto the club.In the front facing video,look  where the butt of the club points at setup,between your head and left shoulder.Next look where the butt points only a little into your takeaway when the shaft intersects the edge  of your right foot.It  points well outside your left shoulder.This shows how much you have used your hands /wrists to move the clubhead at the beginning of the swing.Geoof likes golfers to have the crinkles of their gloves remain unchanged in the takeaway.Translated this means that the angle of the left side of your left hand should be unchanged from setup until the end of the takeaway.Another way of envisioning the same thing is to maintain the angle of the shaft relative to the triangle of your arms   the same from setup to the end of the takeaway

#20 Hstead

Hstead

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,040 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

View Postrussc, on 12 January 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

View PostHstead, on 12 January 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

I ill only go to comment  on one obvious problem that Geoff will surely tackle during your visit,your very wristy/handsy takeaway.Geoff teaches his students a one piece takeaway.Basically this means that the hands and wrists do very little during the takeaway(ending at about 7:30);they just hold onto the club.In the front facing video,look  where the butt of the club points at setup,between your head and left shoulder.Next look where the butt points only a little into your takeaway when the shaft intersects the edge  of your right foot.It  points well outside your left shoulder.This shows how much you have used your hands /wrists to move the clubhead at the beginning of the swing.Geoof likes golfers to have the crinkles of their gloves remain unchanged in the takeaway.Translated this means that the angle of the left side of your left hand should be unchanged from setup until the end of the takeaway.Another way of envisioning the same thing is to maintain the angle of the shaft relative to the triangle of your arms   the same from setup to the end of the takeaway

I can't  imagine he will stop there Russ. I can't wait to get to work.

Ping G30 9* 65 Tour X
Bridgestone Tour B330

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 bogeypro

bogeypro

The Original Bogeypro

• 1,047 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3842
  • Handicap:1.7
GolfWRX Likes : 139

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

appears that you may have become handsy to compensate for a loss of flexibility.
TaylorMade R11 driver
Ping G20 3 wood
Ping Anser 20* hybrid
Ping i20 4-pw
Ping Tour S wedges
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

#22 Hstead

Hstead

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,040 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

View Postbogeypro, on 13 January 2013 - 01:13 AM, said:

appears that you may have become handsy to compensate for a loss of flexibility.

My old teacher had me set my wrists immediately to keep the club head outside of my hands. It is something I do intentionally. As for flexibility, you can see I can turn my shoulders well past 90.  I can actually put py palms on the floor with my legs straight too. Doesn't,t have anything to do with flexibility. I like the look of those swings at the top, that is where my teacher wanted the club.
Ping G30 9* 65 Tour X
Bridgestone Tour B330

#23 bab

bab

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132770
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:09 AM

View PostHstead, on 13 January 2013 - 03:05 AM, said:

My old teacher had me set my wrists immediately to keep the club head outside of my hands. It is something I do intentionally. As for flexibility, you can see I can turn my shoulders well past 90.  I can actually put py palms on the floor with my legs straight too. Doesn't,t have anything to do with flexibility. I like the look of those swings at the top, that is where my teacher wanted the club.

What do you feel/trying to do in your transition? Looks to me you are running out of steam half past down in the downswing, both legs are basically straight and in no position to use your core to pivot through..

Posted Image

#24 jebb

jebb

Major Winner

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3534

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

Thanks for posting the swing videos up!!

It will be interesting hearing how your trip works out with you having a background of working on similar ideas. I think you will have a head start on many folks.

Good luck with it and show us how it turns out!!
That Aint Billy Bob!!

#25 BNich0622

BNich0622

Major Winner

• 3,947 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87233
  • Ebay ID:BNich0622
GolfWRX Likes : 102

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

View Posttembolo1284, on 08 January 2013 - 09:56 AM, said:

I don't hate you...but I certainly am jealous. Enjoy it you lucky bean!

That makes two of us! Good luck and enjoy!

Big Bertha Alpha 9* w Speeder VC 6.0
X2 Hot 15* 3w/ Aldila Tour Blue 65s
X2 Hot 18* Hy/Aldila Tour Green 75s
Apex 3-PW UST Recoil 110 F5
Mack Daddy 2 52* & 58* C Grind
Metal X Milled 330 Mallet 34"

#26 A.G.Blade

A.G.Blade

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113847

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

View Postbab, on 13 January 2013 - 06:09 AM, said:

What do you feel/trying to do in your transition? Looks to me you are running out of steam half past down in the downswing, both legs are basically straight and in no position to use your core to pivot through..

Posted Image
this back view may give the appearance of"running out of steam", but FO views shows pretty good power  and drive I think

#27 Eag1e

Eag1e

Tour Winner

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94910
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

Posted Image

I don't really see how that FO view implies someone is running out of steam. Would love for someone to explain it if it actually does.

#28 russc

russc

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,835 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113539
GolfWRX Likes : 388

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostEag1e, on 13 January 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

Posted Image

I don't really see how that FO view implies someone is running out of steam. Would love for someone to explain it if it actually does.
Hstead actually does a lot of things well and will have a fine swing once he can clear up some issues.However he is steep at the top /after transition.Being steep almost inevitably leads to a pivot stall and a disconnection /flip release / sometimes humpin the goat(which he does NOT do).BY using the term  running out of steam BaB is referring  to this pivot stall .Hard to see on a front  video because the hands /arms club obscure the view of the hips ,but really obvious in a dtl video.This problem is directly related to the handsy takeaway and the subsequent  out of position right elbow  during  the backswing and the lack of shallowing going back.Not going to get into how to fix this as Geoff obviously will do a MUCH,MUCH better job in person.

Edited by russc, 13 January 2013 - 09:39 AM.

#29 Hstead

Hstead

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,040 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

This swing is not a swing where I have been "working" on the 9 to 3 or slice fixer swing etc. these swings are from a couple of years ago before I had ever read the first thread from Geoff.   The pivot stall is a result of me releasing the club with my arms and hands really hard from way in to out, exactly like Geoff describes he tried to do to gain distance.  With this swing I used to hit the ball right to left pretty hard, I,m talking aim at right edge of everything and sling it.  As for power, I can hit the ball a ton, can fly it 300 when I really hit it good.  Pivot stalls do not mean less distance like Freddie, Phil, and Els, they all have pivot stalls too and flip it the same as I do.  I want to go to Geoff to rid the arms and hands release and hit it straighter more consistent.

Edited by Hstead, 13 January 2013 - 10:24 AM.

Ping G30 9* 65 Tour X
Bridgestone Tour B330

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors