Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Anyone change stock shaft in G15 driver?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aceofclubs

aceofclubs

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 164519
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

I have a G15 i bought at the start of this past season, great driver. Only issue is it seems like i hit it 10-15 yds less than previous drivers ive owned. My miss with it is high and to the right. It has the stock Aldila Serrano stiff shaft. I dont know if i am spinning it too much or the shaft is too weak or what? I was thinking about trying a different shaft in it, I have never used anything but stock shafts in my drivers so i have no idea where to start. I know its hard to suggest a shaft without seeing someone swing, i can say my SS is 100 - 105mph. I have a smooth take away and a more aggressive transition if that helps at all. Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

Cleveland Classic 310
Cobra Bio Cell+
Cobra Amp Cell
Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-PW
Odyssey Metal X #6
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52* & 56*

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 td_proV_UNO

td_proV_UNO

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120223
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

I have been playing a G15 with a Fuji Rombax 7V05 for about a year now. My swing --> aggressive, late release, 105+ chs. I can say that it is a great shaft. Although I am looking at updating/upgrading to something else. Time for a change! I hang around here too much not to change what I am using...

I have hit the Serrano shaft before and it was not for me.
Callaway Diabo Edge Tour UST Green
Xhot Pro 4w Rombax Type X
Vsteel 7w Talamonti
Wishon 560 4-6/575mmc 7-AW PX 6.0
CG14 56* DG s400
PING Karsten TR Anser 2

#3 oregondrew

oregondrew

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64048
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

I have one with a Graphite Design tour AD DI7 and its pretty nice. My Dad has one with the Serrano cut to 44.5" and I really like that too but it is probably not a great shaft for an aggressive transition. The same could probably be said for the DI too. The obvious suggestion would be to try shafts, get fit, or consult a pga professional. There are so many good shafts but some general recommendations could be; for aggressive transition, Aldila RIP, Mitsubishi WB, Fujikura Motore F1, Motore speeder VC 7.2 or 7.2 tour spec, and the list goes on. You also have to consider the loft of the driver cause if you hit it way too high, a shaft can only do so much in terms of launch and spin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors