Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Vintage Video

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bigeasybri

bigeasybri

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123267
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

I'm sure some of you already know about this, but if you search YouTube, you can find entire final day telecasts of that certain major golf tournament held in Georgia in April each year.  I've found the broadcasts from 1986 all the way through the 90s.    Plenty of persimmon in play in those earlier years.  Picture quality isn't great, but you can clearly and distinctly hear the whoosh of a well-struck proper driver throughout.  And you won't hear that dreadful term, "3-metal," even once.   Enjoy!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 freddiec

freddiec

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,218 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2258
GolfWRX Likes : 96

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

I watched the 93 Masters a few weeks ago. (Langer won using a Texan)  Its about a 2.5 hr broadcast on youtube.  Nice to know you can watch them on line, gotta love that!

#3 guisician

guisician

Let it whip, hit it solId

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 818 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 160425
  • Handicap:16.1
  • Ebay ID:guisician61
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

Tembolo mentioned these when we played a few weeks ago; gonna have to set some time aside and watch Langer swing that Texan. Don't know if I can stomach seeing Norman's 1996 collapse again, though  (and Faldo's consoling him at the end). That one and Jean Van de Velde's throwing away the 1999 BritIsh Open left a mark!

Edited by guisician, 07 January 2013 - 10:40 AM.

Titleist 910D2 10.5*, TEE XCG-V 3w
TaylorMade 3, Miura 4, Callaway 5&6h
Royal Collection Tour VS irons, 7-P
Renegar 50*, Carnahan 56*, Cleveland 64*
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach
Ben Hogan, Nick Bradley, James Hong

#4 Blade Junkie

Blade Junkie

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132346
  • Handicap:14.8
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

View Postbigeasybri, on 06 January 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

I'm sure some of you already know about this, but if you search YouTube, you can find entire final day telecasts of that certain major golf tournament held in Georgia in April each year.  I've found the broadcasts from 1986 all the way through the 90s. Plenty of persimmon in play in those earlier years.  Picture quality isn't great, but you can clearly and distinctly hear the whoosh of a well-struck proper driver throughout.  And you won't hear that dreadful term, "3-metal," even once.   Enjoy!

View Postfreddiec, on 06 January 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

I watched the 93 Masters a few weeks ago. (Langer won using a Texan)  Its about a 2.5 hr broadcast on youtube.  Nice to know you can watch them on line, gotta love that!

View Postguisician, on 07 January 2013 - 12:16 AM, said:

Tembelo mentioned these when we played a few weeks ago; gonna have to set some time aside and watch Langer swing that Texan. Don't know if I can stomach seeing Norman's 1996 collapse again, though  (and Faldo's consoling him at the end). That one and Jean Van de Velde's throwing away the 1999 BritIsh Open left a mark!

Thanks chaps - have bookmarked on YouTube and when I get a few free hours I will enjoy watching all those again.
Vacation golf:
Wood Bros Texan
Ben Hogan Apex 3W, 4W
Golden Ram Tour Grind 1-SW
Titleist Bullseye (Standard Flange)
Yes I know that is 15 clubs lol

#5 okesa

okesa

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127405
GolfWRX Likes : 158

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Equally enjoyable are the vids on there from 'gachet75' who used to be a prolific poster 'The Gachet' on this site and was largely resonsible for the awesome thread on Nick Faldo's equipment,he posted footage of the old World Matchplay from Wentworth when it was a proper golf course,worth checking out for real,quality ball striking with Faldo and Woosnam in '89.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors