Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Vintage Video


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bigeasybri

bigeasybri

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123267
  • Joined: 03/01/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

I'm sure some of you already know about this, but if you search YouTube, you can find entire final day telecasts of that certain major golf tournament held in Georgia in April each year.  I've found the broadcasts from 1986 all the way through the 90s.    Plenty of persimmon in play in those earlier years.  Picture quality isn't great, but you can clearly and distinctly hear the whoosh of a well-struck proper driver throughout.  And you won't hear that dreadful term, "3-metal," even once.   Enjoy!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1

#2 freddiec

freddiec

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,542 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2258
  • Joined: 07/07/2005
  • Location:North Shore, Massachusetts, USA
GolfWRX Likes : 512

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

I watched the 93 Masters a few weeks ago. (Langer won using a Texan)  Its about a 2.5 hr broadcast on youtube.  Nice to know you can watch them on line, gotta love that!

2

#3 guisician

guisician

    play fast, play well, have fun

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 945 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 160425
  • Joined: 02/04/2012
  • Location:15 miles west of the Black
  • Ebay ID:guisician61
GolfWRX Likes : 257

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

Tembolo mentioned these when we played a few weeks ago; gonna have to set some time aside and watch Langer swing that Texan. Don't know if I can stomach seeing Norman's 1996 collapse again, though  (and Faldo's consoling him at the end). That one and Jean Van de Velde's throwing away the 1999 BritIsh Open left a mark!

Edited by guisician, 07 January 2013 - 10:40 AM.

MODERN:
Yonex eZone 380 10*, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 4w 17*
Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood 4-7h
Royal Collection Tour VS 8-PW
Fourteen MT28 J.Spec 52*, Yururi Chili 57*, Cleveland CG15 64*
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach
--------
CLASSIC (under construction):
'62 Hogan Power Thrust irons
--------
HICKORY:
Jack White JWX Model D driver, brassie & spoon
Mills BSD1 aluminium cleek
Tom Stewart mashie & niblick
George Nicoll spade mashie
Tom Morris mashie niblick
Gibson Skoogee niblick
Spalding HB putter

3

#4 Blade Junkie

Blade Junkie

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132346
  • Joined: 07/05/2011
  • Location:South Coast, UK
  • Handicap:11.3
GolfWRX Likes : 1266

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

View Postbigeasybri, on 06 January 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

I'm sure some of you already know about this, but if you search YouTube, you can find entire final day telecasts of that certain major golf tournament held in Georgia in April each year.  I've found the broadcasts from 1986 all the way through the 90s. Plenty of persimmon in play in those earlier years.  Picture quality isn't great, but you can clearly and distinctly hear the whoosh of a well-struck proper driver throughout.  And you won't hear that dreadful term, "3-metal," even once.   Enjoy!

View Postfreddiec, on 06 January 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

I watched the 93 Masters a few weeks ago. (Langer won using a Texan)  Its about a 2.5 hr broadcast on youtube.  Nice to know you can watch them on line, gotta love that!

View Postguisician, on 07 January 2013 - 12:16 AM, said:

Tembelo mentioned these when we played a few weeks ago; gonna have to set some time aside and watch Langer swing that Texan. Don't know if I can stomach seeing Norman's 1996 collapse again, though  (and Faldo's consoling him at the end). That one and Jean Van de Velde's throwing away the 1999 BritIsh Open left a mark!


Thanks chaps - have bookmarked on YouTube and when I get a few free hours I will enjoy watching all those again.
"Don't play too much golf ... two rounds a day are plenty"

Harry Vardon (1870-1937)

4

#5 okesa

okesa

    Tour Winner

  • Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127405
  • Joined: 04/24/2011
  • Location:East Yorkshire
GolfWRX Likes : 192

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Equally enjoyable are the vids on there from 'gachet75' who used to be a prolific poster 'The Gachet' on this site and was largely resonsible for the awesome thread on Nick Faldo's equipment,he posted footage of the old World Matchplay from Wentworth when it was a proper golf course,worth checking out for real,quality ball striking with Faldo and Woosnam in '89.


5



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors