Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Reputation points


19 replies to this topic

#1 wobgon

wobgon

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,709 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54137
  • Joined: 04/20/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 3217

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

What exactly are reputation points in the profile section and where do they come from?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1

#2 MrParr1Noid

MrParr1Noid

    I never will forget ole what's his name ..

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,659 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 382
  • Joined: 04/27/2005
  • Location:under the 9th green
  • Handicap:47
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

View Postwobgon, on 05 January 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

What exactly are reputation points in the profile section and where do they come from?

They come from someone who likes you or agrees with what you  posted...:)   Reputation points were supposed to have been awarded by our members to our members who've contributed something worthy of compliment.   Many / most are awarded by popularity...Only! :lol:
negative on the giant signature, ghostrider.

2

#3 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

    EVERYTHING'S COMING UP THRILLHOUSE!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,103 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140851
  • Joined: 10/02/2011
  • Location:Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 3174

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

View PostMrParr1Noid, on 05 January 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

View Postwobgon, on 05 January 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

What exactly are reputation points in the profile section and where do they come from?

They come from someone who likes you or agrees with what you  posted...:)   Reputation points were supposed to have been awarded by our members to our members who've contributed something worthy of compliment.   Many / most are awarded by popularity...Only! :lol:

It's true, I get them all the time and I've never contributed anything worthy.

3

#4 stage1350

stage1350

    If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,375 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 664
  • Joined: 05/12/2005
  • Location:On garish carpet, surrounded by 3013 slot machines and 207 tables
  • Ebay ID:stage1350
GolfWRX Likes : 2390

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

View PostThrillhouse, on 06 January 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

View PostMrParr1Noid, on 05 January 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

View Postwobgon, on 05 January 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

What exactly are reputation points in the profile section and where do they come from?

They come from someone who likes you or agrees with what you  posted...:)   Reputation points were supposed to have been awarded by our members to our members who've contributed something worthy of compliment.   Many / most are awarded by popularity...Only! :lol:

It's true, I get them all the time and I've never contributed anything worthy.

Boy ain't lyin'... [nodding head smilie followed by @ss slap smilie]
Tour Issue Bridgestone J715 B5 9.5° (Tour 1350 Serial) ----- Graphite Design P9003 TX _Or__ Tour Issue Taylor Made M1 430 9.5° (+) ------------------------- Graphite Design P9003 TX
Tour Issue Callaway X-Hot Pro 3Deep 13° (TC Serial) ------- Diamana S+ 100 TX___________ Tour Issue Callaway X-Hot Pro 3Deep 13° (TC Serial) ------- Project X-10A2
Tour Issue Bridgestone J33 17° hybrid ---------------------------- Diamana D+ HY 100 X ________ Tour Issue Titleist 585.H 17° hybrid -------------------------------- Diamana Thump X
Raw Bridgestone J15 CB 3-PW ------------------------------------- Nippon Prototype C10 X _______ Raw Mizuno MP-63 3-PW -------------------------------------------- Nippon Prototype 2S14 X
Vokey Black SM-5 54°M and 60°M --------------------------------- Dynamic Gold Tour X7 ________ Raw Vokey SM-5 54°M and 60°M ---------------------------------- Nippon Prototype 2S14 X
Bettinardi BB2 Solid Copper 110 Cu Registry RJB1982 _______________________________ Kari Lajosi LP-808 Damascus

4

#5 Pingfitz

Pingfitz

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104483
  • Joined: 03/08/2010
  • Location:Mid Atlantic
GolfWRX Likes : 99

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

View PostMrParr1Noid, on 05 January 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

View Postwobgon, on 05 January 2013 - 11:05 PM, said:

What exactly are reputation points in the profile section and where do they come from?

They come from someone who likes you or agrees with what you  posted... :)   Reputation points were supposed to have been awarded by our members to our members who've contributed something worthy of compliment.   Many / most are awarded by popularity...Only! :lol:
Is there away to view who gave you the points? What are the points classifications besides neutral? thanks


5

#6 MrParr1Noid

MrParr1Noid

    I never will forget ole what's his name ..

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,659 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 382
  • Joined: 04/27/2005
  • Location:under the 9th green
  • Handicap:47
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

On the lower right hand side of your post, should there be a number?  Click on that number and the member who's voted your post up will appear.

Post point classifications are one of two things, either your post is voted up or it isn't.
Cheers. :drinks:
negative on the giant signature, ghostrider.

6

#7 YMark

YMark

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 168261
  • Joined: 03/08/2012
  • Location:Phoenix
GolfWRX Likes : 341

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

What's the difference between "Reputation Points" and "Feedback Score" to the left of the poster?
Mark
Havin fun in the AZ sun

7

#8 Kadin 25

Kadin 25

    BIG K

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,336 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132451
  • Joined: 07/06/2011
  • Location:On The Green
GolfWRX Likes : 2137

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

View PostYMark, on 18 April 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

What's the difference between "Reputation Points" and "Feedback Score" to the left of the poster?
Feedback score is a ranking of past transactions on the BST.  Kinda like eBay feedback.

            Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin


8

#9 HoosierMizuno

HoosierMizuno

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87620
  • Joined: 07/06/2009
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 557

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

ever a consideration to a thumbs up and thumbs down ranking over reputation points.

9

#10 MrParr1Noid

MrParr1Noid

    I never will forget ole what's his name ..

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,659 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 382
  • Joined: 04/27/2005
  • Location:under the 9th green
  • Handicap:47
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostHoosierMizuno, on 23 April 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

ever a consideration to a thumbs up and thumbs down ranking over reputation points.

No   :)

negative on the giant signature, ghostrider.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

10

#11 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

    Highland Park 15yr Yum!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,074 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Joined: 05/09/2006
  • Location:Midwest and Southwest
  • Handicap:LowS
GolfWRX Likes : 2173

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

Why do some posts have the reputation up arrow while others do not?

Edit, I just noticed this post does not.

Edited by Pepperturbo, 06 June 2013 - 01:58 PM.

SLDR 9.5*, Project X7C3 Tour Issue
R15 TP 15*, Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo TS
RSi TP 17* 2 iron PX 6.0 Flighted
RSi TP 3-PW PX 6.0
SM6 F-52* PX6.0 / M-58* DGS200-E0
ProV1X
SC California Monterey

11

#12 Riuzzi

Riuzzi

    Kwok'd!

  • Marshals
  • 2,468 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1065
  • Joined: 05/26/2005
  • Location:Copenhagen, Denmark
  • Handicap:7

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

View PostPepperturbo, on 06 June 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

Why do some posts have the reputation up arrow while others do not?

Edit, I just noticed this post does not.

You can't give your own posts a rep point, thus there's no arrow in your own posts.

12

#13 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

    Highland Park 15yr Yum!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,074 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Joined: 05/09/2006
  • Location:Midwest and Southwest
  • Handicap:LowS
GolfWRX Likes : 2173

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

View PostRiuzzi, on 06 June 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

View PostPepperturbo, on 06 June 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

Why do some posts have the reputation up arrow while others do not?

Edit, I just noticed this post does not.

You can't give your own posts a rep point, thus there's no arrow in your own posts.

So does that mean, others see an arrow in my posts, but I can't see them?

Edited by Pepperturbo, 06 June 2013 - 03:13 PM.

SLDR 9.5*, Project X7C3 Tour Issue
R15 TP 15*, Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo TS
RSi TP 17* 2 iron PX 6.0 Flighted
RSi TP 3-PW PX 6.0
SM6 F-52* PX6.0 / M-58* DGS200-E0
ProV1X
SC California Monterey

13

#14 Riuzzi

Riuzzi

    Kwok'd!

  • Marshals
  • 2,468 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1065
  • Joined: 05/26/2005
  • Location:Copenhagen, Denmark
  • Handicap:7

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostPepperturbo, on 06 June 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

View PostRiuzzi, on 06 June 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

View PostPepperturbo, on 06 June 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

Why do some posts have the reputation up arrow while others do not?

Edit, I just noticed this post does not.

You can't give your own posts a rep point, thus there's no arrow in your own posts.

So does that mean, others see an arrow in my posts, but I can't see them?

Yes :)

14

#15 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

    Highland Park 15yr Yum!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,074 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Joined: 05/09/2006
  • Location:Midwest and Southwest
  • Handicap:LowS
GolfWRX Likes : 2173

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

Thank you for the timely response.

SLDR 9.5*, Project X7C3 Tour Issue
R15 TP 15*, Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo TS
RSi TP 17* 2 iron PX 6.0 Flighted
RSi TP 3-PW PX 6.0
SM6 F-52* PX6.0 / M-58* DGS200-E0
ProV1X
SC California Monterey

15

#16 easyyy

easyyy

    Founder & Still a Ho

  • Rules Official
  • 11,394 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1
  • Joined: 03/01/2005
  • Location:Detroit
  • Handicap:1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 3211

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

We tweaked this last night. Allows everyone to see who voted or liked a topic. Also changed the up arrow to a like button that shows up to the left of every post...

Screen Shot 2013-06-08 at 3.10.31 PM.png

in WRX we TRUST
richard@golfwrx.com


16

#17 RRFireblade

RRFireblade

    AKA Jay.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,676 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23410
  • Joined: 01/01/2007
  • Location:Central Florida
  • Handicap:+6.2
  • Ebay ID:RRFireblade
GolfWRX Likes : 2560

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:24 PM

Saw this today,  glad I'm not going nuts. Gives gold stars with enough likes too.  

The last couple systems seem to have went largely un-noticed . Hopefully now I will get the reps I deserve.  ;)
XRP 8.5* XS
XRP #3 XS
Cally Apex MB 3i-9i PX 7.0
Cally MD3 52*/56*/60*
Scotty Studio Select Custom

17

#18 cinnepa

cinnepa

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14696
  • Joined: 05/11/2006
  • Location:clarks green, pennsylvania
  • Ebay ID:cinnepa
GolfWRX Likes : 353

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

so my points went up as i've been a member and posted comments; status changed also from neutral....to good........and noticed today it's shown as rookie - did i offend a Mod? didn't think i ever posted anything negative to the point of going backwards in status.
TM SLDR 12*
TM Jetspeed - 4 wood
Ping I3+ Blades 5-LW
Callaway Raxr X Tour- 3 & 4 hybrid
Callaway I-Trax putter
TaylorMade Lethal

18

#19 easyyy

easyyy

    Founder & Still a Ho

  • Rules Official
  • 11,394 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1
  • Joined: 03/01/2005
  • Location:Detroit
  • Handicap:1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 3211

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:34 PM

http://www.golfwrx.c...t-is-like-this/

We are continuing to make changes and clean things up. We have let this slide for a while and I am over caffeinated.

R :)

in WRX we TRUST
richard@golfwrx.com


19

#20 MrParr1Noid

MrParr1Noid

    I never will forget ole what's his name ..

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,659 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 382
  • Joined: 04/27/2005
  • Location:under the 9th green
  • Handicap:47
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

View Posteasyyy, on 10 June 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

http://www.golfwrx.c...t-is-like-this/

We are continuing to make changes and clean things up. We have let this slide for a while and I am over caffeinated.

R :)

Being over caffeinated is a good thing... :D

http://www.peets.com...ed-sumatra.html

Richard, you an da boyz got / are get'n dis place look'n good... :yes:

p.s.  Bout da time ya think ya got this place  "crack-a-lackin", sumpin else needs "justin"... :lol:

negative on the giant signature, ghostrider.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20


Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors