Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

It really bothers me when..

200 replies to this topic

#1 FLGOLFJUNKIE

FLGOLFJUNKIE

Hard Work Pays Off!!!

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,001 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143083
GolfWRX Likes : 135

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

This is a Zero judgment zone right? Or what I like to call, GolfWRX's circle of trust?

It might be, but it REALLY irritates me when you go to the BST and see people selling stuff that's brand new that you know they got them at their local GS at a discount (ex. NDMC grips) and try to make a huge profit from them here? Clothes that clearly are on sale all over the place, but they say they got them for $150 and are willing to go down to $45, but they got them for $20? I don't need another warning on the bst, but I really feel like posting on some ads and saying, "Hey just saw these for sale for $5 and you're trying to sell them for $15, WHAT THE????"

I'm done.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Ghost_Orchid

Ghost_Orchid

Golf Junkie

• 1,772 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37491
  • Handicap:17
GolfWRX Likes : 90

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

I thought onlt the white red and blue white mc were on sale. The ones on bst are blue/black.  

Back to the op, i agree with you, everyone (well almosy everyone) are always tryin to make a buck..

#3 FLGOLFJUNKIE

FLGOLFJUNKIE

Hard Work Pays Off!!!

• 1,001 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143083
GolfWRX Likes : 135

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

I guess not everyone is as close to a big retailer like Golfsmith, Golf Galaxy or Edwin Watts, but still, it's pretty obvious sometimes.

#4 cuddytime

cuddytime

Math City, Math Math City

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89780
  • Ebay ID:savestehday
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

oooh boy, here we go again...

#5 mxtitleistgolfer

mxtitleistgolfer

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27377
GolfWRX Likes : 167

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

What's wrong with trying to make a buck? Isn't that why most of us here get up everyday and go to work? No one likes giving money away for free, especially when you've worked hard to earn it. So if there's a chance for a profit margin, why not? If you want the item and think its worth less, then make him an offer you think is fair. It's that simple. Otherwise, what does it matter? Just the other week some guy had a driver head posted on eBay for $11,000 and guess what, it didn't sell. That doesn't mean he can't post it for whatever he wants. I guess I just don't understand why you'd let it bother you. It's a free market and people can choose to buy the items or not.

#6 ssp

ssp

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80259
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

I didn't realize cost was part of buying decision process.  I thought the sale price was.  Either you want to buy the product at the price posted or not.

#7 jj9000

jj9000

Major Winner

• 1,229 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99079
GolfWRX Likes : 664

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

Supply
Demand
Price Elasticity of Demand

OP...little else matters.

As a buyer, Cost of Goods Sold for the Seller should be a non-factor.  Either you buy the good or you don't.  If you don't that's okay too.

A good or service is only expensive as a buyer is willing to pay for it.

Edited by jj9000, 05 January 2013 - 12:06 PM.

#8 Anser3

Anser3

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114013
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostFLGOLFJUNKIE, on 05 January 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

This is a Zero judgment zone right? Or what I like to call, GolfWRX's circle of trust?

It might be, but it REALLY irritates me when you go to the BST and see people selling stuff that's brand new that you know they got them at their local GS at a discount (ex. NDMC grips) and try to make a huge profit from them here? Clothes that clearly are on sale all over the place, but they say they got them for $150 and are willing to go down to $45, but they got them for $20? I don't need another warning on the bst, but I really feel like posting on some ads and saying, "Hey just saw these for sale for $5 and you're trying to sell them for $15, WHAT THE????"

I'm done.

No judgement here.  I can understand your frustration, I suppose. But, you do have the option to ignore the threads where people are selling like this.  I am a capitalist and see nothing wrong with people selling things like that.  BTW, if you want NDMC grips, the Sharpro ones are better and about a third the price (Sharpro originally designed that grip).

#9 horty1388

horty1388

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126433
GolfWRX Likes : 298

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

I feel like this is directed towards me since I'm the only one that sold the ndmc on the bst. I bought these just like a bunch of other guys on here to help fellow wrxers out that couldn't get the deal. I made absolutely no money on the sale of the grips And only did it to pass the savings on. I sold them for 65$, that's 6.50 a grip which is 1.50 more than they cost me, but wait. PayPal took 2 dollars from the sale, I drove 16+ miles round trip to get the grips, so say another 4$ in gas since I drive a 98 firebird, plus 5$ for flat rate shipping from the post office. So that's a grand total of 54$ left over for me after I sell them, but wait I made 4$ on the sale! No I didn't, ca sales tax is 9%, which is roughly 5$, so I really netted 49$ from the sale which is less than what I paid!

#10 DJ412

DJ412

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131740
  • Ebay ID:DarlH412
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Not that it matters horty but there has been a more than just yours so don't take it personally.  $65 for 10 is/was still a great deal anyway. I'm with everyone else though; you don't have to buy them or even look at the ad. And I personally think the Sharpros are waaaaaay better for 1/3 of the price.

Adams F12 LS - Matrix Radix
Callaway RFX 16.5* - Motore F3
Adans Speedline LP 20* - Matrix Radix
Cleveland 588 MT 4-PW
Callaway MD2 52,56,60
Searching...
WITB Link

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 mister2cool

mister2cool

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,628 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91010
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Where's the rule that said you must sell items at BST at less than what you paid for? Price is function of demand and supply and have nothing to do with what cost was. If I got a club for a dollar, does it mean I have to give you money to take it off my hand? Let's get serious.

In the case of the grips, if you can go to the stores with the sale yourself, surely you wouldn't have to look at what others have for sale. If you can't get the store yourself, or unwilling to make the trip like me, the sale price in store is really irrelevant.

Selling items won at GolfWRX contest is a whole other matter though. Those are morally wrong and therefore banned.

Edited by mister2cool, 05 January 2013 - 12:30 PM.

#12 Gongshowguy16

Gongshowguy16

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102292
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

View Posthorty1388, on 05 January 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

I feel like this is directed towards me since I'm the only one that sold the ndmc on the bst. I bought these just like a bunch of other guys on here to help fellow wrxers out that couldn't get the deal. I made absolutely no money on the sale of the grips And only did it to pass the savings on. I sold them for 65$, that's 6.50 a grip which is 1.50 more than they cost me, but wait. PayPal took 2 dollars from the sale, I drove 16+ miles round trip to get the grips, so say another 4$ in gas since I drive a 98 firebird, plus 5$ for flat rate shipping from the post office. So that's a grand total of 54$ left over for me after I sell them, but wait I made 4$ on the sale! No I didn't, ca sales tax is 9%, which is roughly 5$, so I really netted 49$ from the sale which is less than what I paid!

I am doing the same thing as horty. Stopping at another DSG today, will post up on BST. But, I am sure there are a few people out there that can't get to a DSG and a $6/grip to them is $3 off retail price.....if you didn't know about this deal, then what would you think?
If these were readily available at $4/grip I wouldn't bother buying to sell them, but I have never seen this price before so there are others interested.

I also have 6 dozen Penta TP5's that I got for $12/dozen. Gonna sell some of those for a few extra bucks too.

#13 stage1350

stage1350

If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,655 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 664
  • Location:5 stars, 5 diamonds, 28 tables, 600 slots. Life is good...
  • Ebay ID:stage1350
GolfWRX Likes : 1275

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

I remember when I'd hook people up with deals.

I didn't factor gas because I was making the trip for myself anyway.  And the guy paid exactly what I paid for them with tax and shipping.

What I didn't do was buy so many that I had abundance left over forcing a BST ad.  It reminds me of when people post a deal on here and it's sold out in 10 minutes online.  Sure enough, someone bought out the lot and without fail, we will see them on the BST within a week.

If you want to do this, just join the Club where the purpose of being a member is to buy stuff that you hate only to flip on eBay

Crap like this is going to end up adding a new rule to the BST about only selling used equipment.

Edited by stage1350, 05 January 2013 - 12:38 PM.

Tour Issue SLDR 430 9w/ GD P9003 TX
X-Hot Pro 3Deep 13 w/ Project X-10A2
Tour Issue 585.H 17 w/ Diamana Thump X
Mizuno MP-63 3-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 TX
Vokey SM-5 54M and 60M w/ DG Tour X7
Bettinardi Solid Copper BB2 RJB1982

#14 wayne18

wayne18

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124306
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

I understand your point but with no quality golf stores in my area, I can get a product for less money here than the local pro shops or ordering online. The seller making a profit means nothing to me if I'm getting a fair deal. Plus someone has to purchase, pack, and ship the merchandise. Not much profit to be made

Edited by wayne18, 05 January 2013 - 01:49 PM.

Adams Fast12 LS 10.5*
Adams Super S Black 17*
Adams Idea 9031 23*
Adams Pro a12  4-gw
Puglielli Forged Black  54* & 58*
Cleveland Classic HB #7

#15 KaBoom21

KaBoom21

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13233
GolfWRX Likes : 85

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

View Poststage1350, on 05 January 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

I remember when I'd hook people up with deals.

I didn't factor gas because I was making the trip for myself anyway.  And the guy paid exactly what I paid for them with tax and shipping.

What I didn't do was buy so many that I had abundance left over forcing a BST ad.  It reminds me of when people post a deal on here and it's sold out in 10 minutes online.  Sure enough, someone bought out the lot and without fail, we will see them on the BST within a week.

If you want to do this, just join the Club where the purpose of being a member is to buy stuff that you hate only to flip on eBay

Crap like this is going to end up adding a new rule to the BST about only selling used equipment.

I'm with The Hedgehog on this one.

#16 Hateto3Putt

Hateto3Putt

Smoking Makes You Look Cool!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17461
GolfWRX Likes : 808

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

I was in a thrift store and found a calculator for $2. (HP 15C)

I put it on Ebay with a 99 cent starting bid.

It sold for $268 (plus $6 shipping)

How bad should I feel?

Should I have stopped the auction at $2?

(for the record, I felt pretty good, there was a 3 way bidding war and the price jumped $100 in the last two minutes)

#17 Big Ben

Big Ben

Hall of Fame

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,477 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14306
GolfWRX Likes : 363

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

This one always falls into no comments on BST pricing, it's a pretty open marketplace and being an educated consumer plays a part in things. One mans trash is another's treasure...BB :)
Ping i20
Cally XHot Pro
Titty 913H, Adams DHy, Titty 712u
Ping S55's
Titty TVD-M's, PVD
Machine M10A

#18 stage1350

stage1350

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,655 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

You guys may want to look at rules 1 and 10.

Personal use is stuff you were using, not crap you bought to flip.

By trying to profit, you are looking at a commercial posting, bulk selling, or liquidation of inventory.

Feel free to try and flip for profit on eBay.  But don't pollute the BST with this garbage.  If people are really pissed that they can't get to DSG, they will contact you.  Then, you can show how kindhearted you are by ensuring that you profit from their bad fortune...

#19 cuddytime

cuddytime

Math City, Math Math City

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89780
  • Ebay ID:savestehday
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostHateto3Putt, on 05 January 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

I was in a thrift store and found a calculator for $2. (HP 15C)

I put it on Ebay with a 99 cent starting bid.

It sold for $268 (plus $6 shipping)

How bad should I feel?

Should I have stopped the auction at $2?

(for the record, I felt pretty good, there was a 3 way bidding war and the price jumped $100 in the last two minutes)
i felt a twinge of jealousy when i read that.... (lol i'm a nerd)

#20 smoky25

smoky25

Tour Winner

• 775 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108063
GolfWRX Likes : 166

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

View Poststage1350, on 05 January 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

You guys may want to look at rules 1 and 10.

Personal use is stuff you were using, not crap you bought to flip.

By trying to profit, you are looking at a commercial posting, bulk selling, or liquidation of inventory.

Feel free to try and flip for profit on eBay.  But don't pollute the BST with this garbage.  If people are really pissed that they can't get to DSG, they will contact you.  Then, you can show how kindhearted you are by ensuring that you profit from their bad fortune...

Heaven forbid we have a deal where the buyer's happy, the seller's happy, and Stage is pissed.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 stage1350

stage1350

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,655 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

I could care less what ou buy or sell.  What I do know is the rules and the spirit upon which the BST was based.

Flipping for profit was NOT what they had in mind, nor dumping of an entire shop at the end of the year.  It was set up for golfers to buy and sell the stuff they USE.

If you want to make a business out of this with profit, why aren't you a Classifieds Supporter or Sponsor?  We have people on here that do this as a business and they pay for the privelege.

If some of you actually read the forums beyond the BST, you'd also know that grips have been a the subject of scrutiny recently.  Golfsmith dumped a bunch of grips on closeout, the flippers followed on the BST, and then cried because they could only sell 10 at a time.

#22 JP101

JP101

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45819
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

View PostFLGOLFJUNKIE, on 05 January 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

I'm done.

What's wrong with making a "profit?" If I went to buy the Golf Pride NDMC's for 3.73 a piece and want to sell them for $7 a piece...the person buying them are still getting a deal as they will go back up to $10 soon. I spent $5 in gas to go get the grips....plus an hour of my time. And then I have to drive to the Post Office to ship them. More gas and time. So I really wouldn't consider that a "profit." It's amazing how people feel entitled to receive the exact same deal at the expense of the person who spent there own time and money to get the grips in the first place.

Factor in the person's time when you think there making a profit.

Edited by JP101, 05 January 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#23 Gongshowguy16

Gongshowguy16

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102292
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

You act like its 200% profit and we would be able to quit our day jobs. If its less than retail, the buyer likes the purchasing price and the seller agrees to the price...I fail to see the problem. That buyer then comes back at a later date to purchase again from someone else. How does the WRX community lose out on that deal?

I find it more annoying that someone would post a set of irons used once and says "just want to make my money back on these." Well WTF is the point of us buying from you then? I can go get a brand new custom set from golf-seller on eBay for $200 less than your asking price. Just because they are "used" doesn't make them a better offering than what we are selling.

#24 smoky25

smoky25

Tour Winner

• 775 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108063
GolfWRX Likes : 166

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

View Poststage1350, on 05 January 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

I could care less what ou buy or sell.  What I do know is the rules and the spirit upon which the BST was based.

Flipping for profit was NOT what they had in mind, nor dumping of an entire shop at the end of the year.  It was set up for golfers to buy and sell the stuff they USE.

If you want to make a business out of this with profit, why aren't you a Classifieds Supporter or Sponsor?  We have people on here that do this as a business and they pay for the privelege.

If some of you actually read the forums beyond the BST, you'd also know that grips have been a the subject of scrutiny recently.  Golfsmith dumped a bunch of grips on closeout, the flippers followed on the BST, and then cried because they could only sell 10 at a time.

I'm confused. This thread was started by someone unhappy about people flipping grips on the BST, and the people trying to flip grips on the BST are unhappy because the rules of the BST effectively prevent them from flipping grips on the BST? Looks like the 10 item limit works to keep flippers off the BST. Except maybe a small time flipper who, for instance, buys 10 dz Pentas at Meljers for $12/dz and sells 5 dz for $25/dz.  Would that be ok? Cause I've never even heard of Meljers much less live anywhere near one, but I sure would like to be able to have the opportunity to buy someone's Pentas that they're flipping for a lot less than I can get them around here. And I'd like to do it on here because, as you said, it's a little more trustworthy than ebay. So, whadda ya think Stage? Does that pass your smell test?

#25 MP4orged

MP4orged

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116259
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

i find this post hilarious, cause i know for a fact many members here are on staff with some equipment company,  and they don't spend a dime on their $500 dollar driver/shaft combo...but essentially they are flipping when they post it on the BST aren't they? now were making a big deal over some grips??? AMAZING, people on these forums pretty much know what's on sale and whats not...if it's not available to them in the area, then i see no harm in them buying from a member here who took their time to get the grips and essentially making a small profit or breaking even...now both buyer and seller is happy...the bigger crime is the guys who comes on the BST and low ball the craps out of people, just the other day a guy on the BST was buying as many 910 heads as he can, doesn't matter loft or condition, what do u think he's doing buying 4-5 910 heads? making his way to the flea-bay of course.

#26 stage1350

stage1350

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,655 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

1. The BST is only for personal use

Buying stuff to flip it is not personal use.  

10. No unauthorized commercial postings, bulk sellings or liquidations of inventory.

They are liquidating inventory.  Therefore, you are liquidating inventory.

Again, I could care less if you want to make a profit.  Buf if you are going to do it on WRX, you are supposed to be a Sponsor or Classifieds Supporter.  Otherwise, you are welcome to sell on eBay and pay the fees.  

I'm seeing more and more BST sites going to used gear only and I'm beginning to agree with them.  

Edited by stage1350, 05 January 2013 - 05:02 PM.

#27 stage1350

stage1350

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,655 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

View Postsmoky25, on 05 January 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

View Poststage1350, on 05 January 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

I'm confused. This thread was started by someone unhappy about people flipping grips on the BST, and the people trying to flip grips on the BST are unhappy because the rules of the BST effectively prevent them from flipping grips on the BST? Looks like the 10 item limit works to keep flippers off the BST. Except maybe a small time flipper who, for instance, buys 10 dz Pentas at Meljers for $12/dz and sells 5 dz for $25/dz.  Would that be ok? Cause I've never even heard of Meljers much less live anywhere near one, but I sure would like to be able to have the opportunity to buy someone's Pentas that they're flipping for a lot less than I can get them around here. And I'd like to do it on here because, as you said, it's a little more trustworthy than ebay. So, whadda ya think Stage? Does that pass your smell test?

No, it doesn't pass.

If you are so interested at picking up Pentas at a store you haven't heard of (I know them from Michigan and Ohio) then you would reach out to one of the posters that is telling you about suh a great deal and they would stike a deal with you.

Buying up the entire inventory to dump it on the BST is not altruistic, and certainly not at double what you paid for them in the example you posted.  It's violating two of the BST rules.  We also went through this with TP Red only to have the buyers find out that they were not buying the 4 piece ball of legendary status.  They were buying an inferior ball made for the store in question.

It smells of flipping and profiteering.  Go look at the Club Cameron thread where people are already talking about what pieces of the membership kit they are going to dump.  Or them talking about the headcovers they plan to flip for profit.

The more I think about it, the more I'd like to see a rule banning ALL new equipment in the BST unless you are a Sponsor.  Keep the flippers on eBay.  Keep the BST for the golfers.

#28 Splitter

Splitter

The truth is out there....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63256
  • Ebay ID:salemander
GolfWRX Likes : 425

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

I think some of the profiteers are missing the point.

Most people don't care if you buy and flip.  It's buying and flipping ON THE BST that is the issue.

The BST is there for fellow golfers to share gear, often at good prices, without having to pay exorbitant EBAY/Etc..  fees to do so.  It was not designed as a haven for profiteers.

I agree that flipping and making very little isn't really a crime.  But, where does it stop?  How do they know if your $10 grips were purchased at $5 or $2?  Why should the forum have to police what is a small profit or a big profit?

By obviously flipping FOR FREE on the BST you are essentially spitting in the face of the site owners and BST supporters who give you that selling forum FOR FREE.

You want to help the world get good golf gear at good prices, start your own website.  You could call it tgx, golfbetail, kingdom69, etc...

#29 casey_0507

casey_0507

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121944
GolfWRX Likes : 96

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Stage, so people who have acquired too much gear can't sale on BST cause technically they are liquidating their inventory.

Edited by casey_0507, 05 January 2013 - 05:53 PM.

Cobra BC Pro, Elements Chrome 7F4T
G25 15*, Elements Chrome 7F4
913h 17* & 913h 21*, Tour AD DI 85x
Cobra Amp Forged 5-PW, KBS Tour
SM5 50.12, 54.14, 58.08
Scotty Notchback

#30 practicetee

practicetee

In the Galaxy....

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 27080
GolfWRX Likes : 80

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

Stage sometimes I feel like you read a thread, flip a coin, then you jump in on the side of the debate that the coin landed on.  

What some people fail to realize is the classifieds are a big reason why this site has grown.  The tourney pics Greg takes are amazing and a big draw, but look at pretty much every email this site sends out: they tout that they have the best golf classifieds on the web.  People join because they see all the great stuff for sale all the time on here, and it helps generate more ad revenue the owners pump right back in the site to pay for the bandwith so that we can create a 77th thread debating the merits of blades vs cavity backs.  When there are so many ads posted that I get bumped from page one in 8 hours and give $10 to pin my ad it helps pay operating costs as well.

Some of us are lucky(also read perhaps diseased or dillisional) enough we are in a position to experiment with our bags, and rather than just throwing it in a closet we get rid of item A to help subsidize item B.  

When I first joined I thought it was all one big family and decided to help out someone who claimed to be a junior golfer on a budget who could really benefit from the club but couldn't manage the price tag so I gave them a sweet deal.  It made me feel pretty stupid when a week later that same member was showing off a Circle T Cameron they had just bought.  That's when it became about "helping fund my habit" more than trying to build up a bunch of good karma.

Nike Covert Performance, Tour AD BB

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors