Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

scotty cameron help

kombi s and golo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fry29

fry29

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77180
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

I have played the kombi s and loved it, but it was recently stolen when my truck was broke into, now Im looking for a new scotty. My question is; is the golo that much better than the kombi? I have heard nothing but great things about the golo, but im left handed, and have yet to find one in stores to putt with, so I need some input. Thanks...

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Titleistman1010

Titleistman1010

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 679 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139939
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

The golo and the Kombi are two different putters. The putter most like the Kombi is the big sur. You would want to try the putters out before you buy them.

#3 thomasnevue

thomasnevue

Rookie

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 216263
  • Ebay ID:openroadimports
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

The kombi s at address is bigger...what I mean is the length of the face is actually bigger.  I personally loved it...I bought a Kombi just recently, I absolutly love it and its not the S, its the Kombi, looks the same to me, except that its aluminum instead of stainless or something I guess, someone else can firm this up...see I bought it to have it painted, gold actually, so now I cant so i bought another one that is an S model so that I can get it painted. (putterlounge.com) will not paint the regular kombi because its aluminum and not paintable where the kombi s is.  Im a little worried because the regular combi is really accurate for me, and a real solid feel at address.  The wieght is just right, I noticed the golo to be a little smaller with added weight and i didnt like it that much.  I hit 40 putts, each on the same surface to the same cup. I hit the same amount at 20ft, 15 ft, 10ft, 5ft  32/40 times with the kombi regular I was within 1 ft or hit the putt.  When I used the Golo second which you would think second I would have done better the numbers were different.  I was pushing it and pulling it alot more becasue its tuff to accuratly set up the putter at longer range at least for me, I was 26/40 within 1 ft on the golo.  Its a nice putter dont get me wrong, but the kombi was balanced better for me.  the guy above is right, the big sur is a nice addition as is the jet setter to check out. If you decide to go Kombi which has the longer face, I am going to manybe sell mine since I bought the S so that I can paint it gold lol  let me know id consider helping you out.  hope this helped.

#4 pat007

pat007

Long Ball Silver

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48492
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

You'll have to try them both. They're different putters...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors