Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

The Swoosh and Tiger to part ways (Theoretically)


50 replies to this topic

#1 Jspangler

Jspangler

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150677
  • Joined: 12/11/2011
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

I want to start by saying I am just saying in theory, I do not have some super secret source giving me some info. But it seems Nike has done a lot of signing of young big names, Rory, Watney, Stanley, they already had Schwartzel and quite few mid to upper tier guys. Now I know TW basically built Nike golf to what it is today but he is getting close to 40 and it seems the younger generation has caught up to where he is at. Yes Tiger is the greatest player of my lifetime (im 26), but where would you see him if he were to part ways with Nike. I just thought this would be kind of a fun topic.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,425 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
  • Joined: 08/15/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 5898

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

TW Golf Brand

2

#3 FutureScratchGolfer

FutureScratchGolfer

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120704
  • Joined: 01/18/2011
  • Location:Ann Arbor Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Even though this will never happen. I can't see Tiger signing with anyone else but Titleist if he were to leave Nike which he never will. Just my honest opinion.
Callaway Big Bertha Epic 9* - Kuro Kage Black
Callaway Big Bertha Epic 15* - Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Graphite
Callaway Big Bertha Epic Hybrid 18* - Recoil
Nike Vapor Fly Pro Irons 4-AW
Nike VR Pro Forged Raw 54*
Nike VR Pro Forged Raw 58*
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec

3

#4 Dizz

Dizz

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,321 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32437
  • Joined: 06/21/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 2215

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

I feel like IF he were to ever part ways with Nike (which I can't see happening) that he will get a bag sponsor and just play what he likes...

Couldn't you see him using Titleist woods, Mizuno or Miura irons, Vokey's and his Cameron again?  Rocking a black staff bag with a big sponsor plastered on it.  How cool would it be to see Tiger play whatever he wanted... no strings, sponsors, money attached.  Go find the 14 best clubs for you Mr Woods.
917D2 (8.5)- Speeder 661
816H1 (17)- Sspeeder 8.8
DHy (4)- White Tie
716MB (5-PW)- S400
Vokey SM6 RAW (54S & 58K)- S400
Scotty Cameron Napa California

4

#5 deck

deck

    Off The Deck

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,661 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123347
  • Joined: 03/02/2011
  • Location:Upstate NY
  • Handicap:8.7
  • Ebay ID:deck607
GolfWRX Likes : 1003

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

I could see him doing something like Nicklaus .  

Having his own stuff.

BB Alpha Tour ATX Green S 65
Big Bertha 15 Fubuki Z
X2Hot 22 ATX Green S
Apex 5-7, Apex Pro's 8-P C-tapers S
Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
Jailbird 34'

5

#6 critter19

critter19

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 206799
  • Joined: 10/12/2012
  • Location:Cincinnati
  • Ebay ID:Critter1919
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

I think it would be Titleist. But I don't see him ever leaving Nike. They have to much invested in him. Like someone said he pretty much built Nike Golf.

6

#7 portland

portland

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40550
  • Joined: 10/08/2007
  • Location:Raleigh, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 158

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

TW will be a brand just like Jumpman is, even after Tiger stops playing.  Tiger will always have an affiliation with Nike, just like MJ.
Taylormade M1 10.5*
Callaway GBB Epic 15*
Titleist 913h 21*
Taylormade M2 5-P,A
Callaway MD3 54*, 58*, 60*
EVNROLL ER2
Nike RZN Platinum/Srixon Z Star

7

#8 Jspangler

Jspangler

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150677
  • Joined: 12/11/2011
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Though I see it very unlikely he ever leaves, I could see rory continues on his rise and woods slows way down, then Nike takes more interest in Rory and woods ego gets in the way and he leaves that way.

8

#9 stage1350

stage1350

    If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,505 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 664
  • Joined: 05/12/2005
  • Ebay ID:stage1350
GolfWRX Likes : 2702

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

Anyone would be willing to pay for him.

The one place I would not expect him to see is back with Titleist.

I could see him going top to bottom with a company like Callaway, SRI, or even TM.  But I doubt it.
Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9°  --------------------------------------- Graphite Design P9003 TX_ Or  Tour Issue Taylor Made M1 430 9.5° (+) -------------------------- Graphite Design P9003 TX
Tour Issue Callaway X-Hot Pro 3Deep 13° (TC Serial) ----- Graphite Design DI-10 X______Tour Issue Callaway X-Hot Pro 3Deep 13° (TC Serial) -------- Project X-10A2
Tour Issue Titleist 915Hd 17.5° hybrid (xxxxxTxxx Serial)- Graphite Design DI-105 X Tour Issue Callaway BB 815 18° hybrid (TC Serial) ----------- Diamana Thump X
Scratch AR-1 v2 3-PW ---------------------------------------------- Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7 __ Raw Mizuno MP-63 3-PW -------------------------------------------- Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7
Bettinardi H2 Bronze 54° and 60° ------------------------------- Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7  _   Titleist Vokey SM5 Black 54°M and 60°M ----------------------- Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7
Bettinardi BB2 Solid Copper 110 Cu Registry RJB1982  _________________________ _Kari Lajosi LP-808 Damascus

9

#10 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,473 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 13672

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

When is Tiger signed with Nike until?

Possible he runs Nike golf when he stops playing.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 critter19

critter19

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 206799
  • Joined: 10/12/2012
  • Location:Cincinnati
  • Ebay ID:Critter1919
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

I was think the same thing Portland.  He is the Mj of golf for Nike. He just moves the meter too much to let him go.

11

#12 Jspangler

Jspangler

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150677
  • Joined: 12/11/2011
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Nah I see him at Cobra/Puma wearing all red on sundays lol

12

#13 fore_life

fore_life

    Swung too hard, hit it too pure.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,180 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59484
  • Joined: 07/03/2008
  • Location:Gilbert,AZ
  • Handicap:40
GolfWRX Likes : 1996

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

TM TIGERBALLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!
Adams Fast 12 Ls Ust 90x elements
TEE cb 16.5 Kuro Kage 80x proto
Titleist 21* H2 evenflow blue 6.5
718 tmb 4 iron
718 cb 5-pw amt x100 tour
Vokeys
Odyssey 7ch

Various other putters currently in the closet,
thinking about what they’ve done wrong,
and how they’ve hurt me so.

13

#14 Sparty

Sparty

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 145785
  • Joined: 11/07/2011
  • Location:Westcoast
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Haha....

A lot of people dont even realize what NIKE has done yet! They are making it possible for Tiger to win the most Majors. How, right? Easy. Rory is standing in Tigers way. It will take Rory months to adapt to new ball and sticks. In my eyes NIKE signed Rory to slow him down so that Tiger can triumph. Call me crazy go right ahead, but watch Tiger win a major if not 2 this year! Rory will not even finish top 3 in any major....But than again what do I know. Im just a poor white boy from the ghetto :taunt:

Edited by Sparty, 04 January 2013 - 10:12 PM.


14

#15 Jspangler

Jspangler

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150677
  • Joined: 12/11/2011
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

View PostSparty, on 04 January 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

Haha....

A lot of people dont even realize what NIKE has done yet! They are making it possible for Tiger to win the most Majors. How, right? Easy. Rory is standing in Tigers way. It will take Rory months to adapt to new ball and sticks. In my eyes NIKE signed Rory to slow him down so that Tiger can triumph. Call me crazy go right ahead, but watch Tiger win a major if not 2 this year! Rory will not even finish top 3 in any major....But than again what do I know. Im just a poor white boy from the ghetto :taunt:

It may take Rory a few months to get used to his new equipment, I doubt it, but it might. Rory is just a natural, it shows when he shows up lates and gets a 15 min warm up and goes and wins a major. But if it does take him time to adjust that still will not help tiger. Tiger not winning majors is on Tiger, Rory is surely not standing in his way, There have been 12 majors since the accident and Rory has only won 2 of them. So remind me how Rory is standing in his way.


15

#16 SoCalTitleist

SoCalTitleist

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64113
  • Joined: 08/25/2008
  • Location:Lake Elsinore Southern California
  • Handicap:13
GolfWRX Likes : 711

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

View Postportland, on 04 January 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

TW will be a brand just like Jumpman is, even after Tiger stops playing.  Tiger will always have an affiliation with Nike, just like MJ.
This x10

16

#17 candess

candess

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141003
  • Joined: 10/03/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

View Postbscinstnct, on 04 January 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

When is Tiger signed with Nike until?

Possible he runs Nike golf when he stops playing.

He re-signed with Nike back in 2011.

17

#18 finalist

finalist

    MASHED POTATO!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 821
  • Joined: 05/24/2005
  • Location:Folsom, CA
GolfWRX Likes : 535

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

View Postportland, on 04 January 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

TW will be a brand just like Jumpman is, even after Tiger stops playing.  Tiger will always have an affiliation with Nike, just like MJ.

Bingo!
Tiger Woods still crushes all other golfers for his marketing value. His value may shrink a little after he retires, but he will always have enough value to never be dumped.

...and he's never going to Titleist.
Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
WITB Link

18

#19 candess

candess

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141003
  • Joined: 10/03/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

View PostJspangler, on 04 January 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

I want to start by saying I am just saying in theory, I do not have some super secret source giving me some info. But it seems Nike has done a lot of signing of young big names, Rory, Watney, Stanley, they already had Schwartzel and quite few mid to upper tier guys. Now I know TW basically built Nike golf to what it is today but he is getting close to 40 and it seems the younger generation has caught up to where he is at. Yes Tiger is the greatest player of my lifetime (im 26), but where would you see him if he were to part ways with Nike. I just thought this would be kind of a fun topic.

Some of the young players will be signed to the TW brand the way Carmello Anthony and Dwyane Wade were signed to the Jordan brand.

19

#20 AWE46M3

AWE46M3

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99680
  • Joined: 12/04/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 176

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

View PostSparty, on 04 January 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

Haha....

A lot of people dont even realize what NIKE has done yet! They are making it possible for Tiger to win the most Majors. How, right? Easy. Rory is standing in Tigers way. It will take Rory months to adapt to new ball and sticks. In my eyes NIKE signed Rory to slow him down so that Tiger can triumph. Call me crazy go right ahead, but watch Tiger win a major if not 2 this year! Rory will not even finish top 3 in any major....But than again what do I know. Im just a poor white boy from the ghetto :taunt:

Or a conspiracy theorist... haha

I think Nike is just fishing for the next, or potentially another, "big one."  They got Rory, but who know if any of these other guys will rise to be a long term challenger in the next decade.  While I'm not sure if the TW shield thing will be the Jumpman of golf, I would be very surprised if he left Nike while he is still playing competitively.

Edited by AWE46M3, 04 January 2013 - 11:00 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 gmangolf

gmangolf

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45391
  • Joined: 01/08/2008
  • Location:Madison, WI
  • Handicap:2.5
GolfWRX Likes : 292

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

View Postportland, on 04 January 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

TW will be a brand just like Jumpman is, even after Tiger stops playing.  Tiger will always have an affiliation with Nike, just like MJ.

This. Tiger and Nike will be together for a long time unless Tiger's reputation takes another very large hit.

21

#22 mr smith

mr smith

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 218761
  • Joined: 01/01/2013
  • Location:Sydney
GolfWRX Likes : 94

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

View PostJspangler, on 04 January 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

View PostSparty, on 04 January 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

Haha....

A lot of people dont even realize what NIKE has done yet! They are making it possible for Tiger to win the most Majors. How, right? Easy. Rory is standing in Tigers way. It will take Rory months to adapt to new ball and sticks. In my eyes NIKE signed Rory to slow him down so that Tiger can triumph. Call me crazy go right ahead, but watch Tiger win a major if not 2 this year! Rory will not even finish top 3 in any major....But than again what do I know. Im just a poor white boy from the ghetto :taunt:

It may take Rory a few months to get used to his new equipment, I doubt it, but it might. Rory is just a natural, it shows when he shows up lates and gets a 15 min warm up and goes and wins a major. But if it does take him time to adjust that still will not help tiger. Tiger not winning majors is on Tiger, Rory is surely not standing in his way, There have been 12 majors since the accident and Rory has only won 2 of them. So remind me how Rory is standing in his way.
Abosutely correct. Tiger's best golf is head and shoulders above anything Rory can tjrow at him. Rory has won 2 majors but both times on easy course set ups. He has yet to prove himself on true championship course set ups. His putting stroke imo is dodgy under the pressure of truly
fast greens and sunday in a major. Tiger has done it all in all situations. People seem to have quickly forgotten just how good Tiger was. His best golf is the best golf that has ever been. If he gets back to 80% of his old game he will win plenty more
majors, Rory or no Rory.

Edited by mr smith, 05 January 2013 - 12:01 AM.


22

#23 KYMAR

KYMAR

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,917 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99014
  • Joined: 11/22/2009
  • Location:Cleveland, Oh
GolfWRX Likes : 14180

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

He would do the same thing he did the last time he switched companies. Sign with whoever will pay him the most money. And why wouldn't he?

But i agree with most, he isn't going anywhere. Nike for life.
Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided   
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0   
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60   
White Hot 6 Long Neck

23

#24 Snufles

Snufles

    Hugz

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114858
  • Joined: 09/13/2010
  • Location:CANADA
GolfWRX Likes : 384

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

View PostJspangler, on 04 January 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

I want to start by saying I am just saying in theory, I do not have some super secret source giving me some info. But it seems Nike has done a lot of signing of young big names, Rory, Watney, Stanley, they already had Schwartzel and quite few mid to upper tier guys. Now I know TW basically built Nike golf to what it is today but he is getting close to 40 and it seems the younger generation has caught up to where he is at. Yes Tiger is the greatest player of my lifetime (im 26), but where would you see him if he were to part ways with Nike. I just thought this would be kind of a fun topic.

Tiger probably signs their cheques.

24

#25 Mountaineer

Mountaineer

    APP-UH-LA-CHUN

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 203205
  • Joined: 09/16/2012
  • Location:Charlotte, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 56

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

View Postmr smith, on 04 January 2013 - 11:59 PM, said:

View PostJspangler, on 04 January 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

View PostSparty, on 04 January 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

Haha....

A lot of people dont even realize what NIKE has done yet! They are making it possible for Tiger to win the most Majors. How, right? Easy. Rory is standing in Tigers way. It will take Rory months to adapt to new ball and sticks. In my eyes NIKE signed Rory to slow him down so that Tiger can triumph. Call me crazy go right ahead, but watch Tiger win a major if not 2 this year! Rory will not even finish top 3 in any major....But than again what do I know. Im just a poor white boy from the ghetto :taunt:

It may take Rory a few months to get used to his new equipment, I doubt it, but it might. Rory is just a natural, it shows when he shows up lates and gets a 15 min warm up and goes and wins a major. But if it does take him time to adjust that still will not help tiger. Tiger not winning majors is on Tiger, Rory is surely not standing in his way, There have been 12 majors since the accident and Rory has only won 2 of them. So remind me how Rory is standing in his way.
Abosutely correct. Tiger's best golf is head and shoulders above anything Rory can tjrow at him. Rory has won 2 majors but both times on easy course set ups. He has yet to prove himself on true championship course set ups. His putting stroke imo is dodgy under the pressure of truly
fast greens and sunday in a major. Tiger has done it all in all situations. People seem to have quickly forgotten just how good Tiger was. His best golf is the best golf that has ever been. If he gets back to 80% of his old game he will win plenty more
majors, Rory or no Rory.

Are you kidding me? Just because he won by 8 eight strokes in both majors doesn't mean the courses were easy setups. I think it's safe to say he's proven himself and I swear if you mention Augusta I'll jump through that computer screen! Rebounding from that collapse to win his first major was pretty big.

Rory's A game is solid and he's pretty damn close to untouchable when he's playing at that level. I'm not saying Rory is going to win every major from this point forward, but one major a year wouldn't be out of the question. As for Tiger, his past game was incredible and the majors show that, but it's 2013 and as far as I'm concerned his last major victory was in 2008. With the talent of the current crop of players, Tiger is going to need more than just 80% of his old game. I still think Tiger can win some majors, but I doubt they'll be as seemingly easy as they once were.

Titleist 905R 9.5*
Titleist 906f2 15*
Titleist 585h 21*
Mizuno MP-57 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM4 52* 56* 60*
Odyssey White Hot Pro #1 34"

25

#26 Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo

    Tour Winner

  • Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 148219
  • Joined: 11/23/2011
  • Location:Pittsburgh, PA
GolfWRX Likes : 86

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

View PostMountaineer, on 05 January 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

Rory's A game is solid and he's pretty damn close to untouchable when he's playing at that level.

Bingo. We've seen that Rory's A game is head and shoulders above anyone else's right now, but what will ultimately determine what kind of long-term success he has will be what he can do with his B game. What made a player like Tiger so awe-inspiring back at his peak was that he could go out and win multiple majors when he was, by his own admission, not swinging all that well.
Cleveland Classic 290 9* Tour AD-DI 6s
Tour Edge Exotics CB2 15* Tour AD-DI 7s
Adams Idea Pro 18* Aerotech Steelfiber
Mizuno MP-33 3-PW TTDG S300
Cleveland 588 Forged 56*, 64*
Never Compromise Sub 30 Type 40

26

#27 bunter101

bunter101

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 47370
  • Joined: 01/28/2008
  • Location:The Kingdom
GolfWRX Likes : 404

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

Hydrant took the putting mojo away. oh and his short game stinks it up 95% of the time. No more majors til both both are as good if not better than everyone else's again.
Ping G10 9* Prolaunch Red Stiff
Titleist 913 17* S Plus 82 Stiff
Titleist 913 21* S Plus 70 Stiff
Mizuno MP63 4-Pw SG S300 Stiff
52 & 56 MD Players Cobalt Wedge Flex
58 Ping Tour S
Rife Bimini

27

#28 mikeoxlongball

mikeoxlongball

    Member

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 134022
  • Joined: 07/23/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

Wow candidate for idiot post of the year here. Theoretically the Jordan brand would have died too right?? Theoretically the live strong brand would have died too right?? (I realize its dead now)..... Tiger Woods is golf and has done more for modern golf than anyone ever will. If you ask someone who doesn't play golf or watch golf anything about golf. 99% will say something about tiger.

28

#29 shakey

shakey

    OvenWRX 1

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,523 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60434
  • Joined: 07/14/2008
  • Location:GA
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 2357

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

View PostMountaineer, on 05 January 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

View Postmr smith, on 04 January 2013 - 11:59 PM, said:

View PostJspangler, on 04 January 2013 - 10:25 PM, said:

View PostSparty, on 04 January 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

Haha....

A lot of people dont even realize what NIKE has done yet! They are making it possible for Tiger to win the most Majors. How, right? Easy. Rory is standing in Tigers way. It will take Rory months to adapt to new ball and sticks. In my eyes NIKE signed Rory to slow him down so that Tiger can triumph. Call me crazy go right ahead, but watch Tiger win a major if not 2 this year! Rory will not even finish top 3 in any major....But than again what do I know. Im just a poor white boy from the ghetto :taunt:

It may take Rory a few months to get used to his new equipment, I doubt it, but it might. Rory is just a natural, it shows when he shows up lates and gets a 15 min warm up and goes and wins a major. But if it does take him time to adjust that still will not help tiger. Tiger not winning majors is on Tiger, Rory is surely not standing in his way, There have been 12 majors since the accident and Rory has only won 2 of them. So remind me how Rory is standing in his way.
Abosutely correct. Tiger's best golf is head and shoulders above anything Rory can tjrow at him. Rory has won 2 majors but both times on easy course set ups. He has yet to prove himself on true championship course set ups. His putting stroke imo is dodgy under the pressure of truly
fast greens and sunday in a major. Tiger has done it all in all situations. People seem to have quickly forgotten just how good Tiger was. His best golf is the best golf that has ever been. If he gets back to 80% of his old game he will win plenty more
majors, Rory or no Rory.

Are you kidding me? Just because he won by 8 eight strokes in both majors doesn't mean the courses were easy setups. I think it's safe to say he's proven himself and I swear if you mention Augusta I'll jump through that computer screen! Rebounding from that collapse to win his first major was pretty big.

Rory's A game is solid and he's pretty damn close to untouchable when he's playing at that level. I'm not saying Rory is going to win every major from this point forward, but one major a year wouldn't be out of the question. As for Tiger, his past game was incredible and the majors show that, but it's 2013 and as far as I'm concerned his last major victory was in 2008. With the talent of the current crop of players, Tiger is going to need more than just 80% of his old game. I still think Tiger can win some majors, but I doubt they'll be as seemingly easy as they once were.
I doubt anyone playing in those two majors would have called them easy set ups.
TM M2 10.5 w/Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 60 Stiff
Callaway Epic SZ 15 and 18 w/Rogue Max 75 Stiff
NIKE VR Pro II Hybrid 3 (21) w/PX Graphite 5.5
NIKE Vapor PC 4-PW w/DGS300
NIKE Engage 52 SQ and 58 DS w/DG Wedge
Odyssey O Works Black 3T
NIKE RZN Tour Platinum

29

#30 Snufles

Snufles

    Hugz

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114858
  • Joined: 09/13/2010
  • Location:CANADA
GolfWRX Likes : 384

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

View Postmikeoxlongball, on 05 January 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

Wow candidate for idiot post of the year here. Theoretically the Jordan brand would have died too right?? Theoretically the live strong brand would have died too right?? (I realize its dead now)..... Tiger Woods is golf and has done more for modern golf than anyone ever will. If you ask someone who doesn't play golf or watch golf anything about golf. 99% will say something about tiger.

or John Daly


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors