Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Footjoy Greenjoys?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 stinger12345

stinger12345

Rookie

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 202319
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Anybody have any experience with these?  I'm looking to get a good bang for the buck shoe, and for the price, these seem like a solid choice.  Any reason why I shouldn't?  Maybe a better alternative in the $40-50 range...?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Hateto3Putt

Hateto3Putt

Smoking Makes You Look Cool!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17461
GolfWRX Likes : 768

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

They are fine entry-level shoes.

The only problem is that they are NOT waterproof. So dewy mornings will mean wet feet by the first green.

I usually buy my shoes on clearance or find deals on the web. Right now I have 4 pairs, two in the playing rotation, and two new in the box. If/when another deal pops up, or I find a nice clearance while out and about, I'll pull the trigger.

This way, I'm never under the gun to buy shoes. If you bide your time and shop around you can get some great shoe deals in the sub $50 range.

Also, a quick search on Ebay finds about 15,000 pairs of new golf shoes under $60.

Good luck.

#3 TheU

TheU

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94904
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

If you want bang for your buck, buy a shoe that is in the $60-100 range that is on sale (meaning they were originally $100-160).

#4 Mav281

Mav281

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 171887
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

Hateto3Putt, on 04 January 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

The only problem is that they are NOT waterproof. So dewy mornings will mean wet feet by the first green.

This would be my feedback as well.  I've quite often come off the course when the conditions have been wet and found myself with wet socks :no2:

Greenjoys are however nice comfortable golf shoes that wear well.  I am now on my second pair as they were ridiculously cheap when I brought them at the back end of the 2011 season.

First pair wore well during 2012 and had one or two sets of replacement soft spikes in them but generally fine no problems at all.

#5 +Church

+Church

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147683
  • Ebay ID:church717
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

I bought a pair in 2010 and they are waterproof.  I still wear them, they're in perfect condition(spikes have been replaced)

Edited by +Church, 04 January 2013 - 06:30 PM.

#6 avgjoe

avgjoe

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,303 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87610
GolfWRX Likes : 159

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

100% plastic, er synthetic...

#7 stinger12345

stinger12345

Rookie

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 202319
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

I decided to go ahead and get em.  They seem fairly decent for the price.  And in terms of its lack of waterproof-ness, I live in Cali, where it doesn't rain a whole lot.  Plus, I'm more of a 11a tee-off kind of guy, so the morning dew doesn't really affect me.  Thanks for the feedback, I'll definitely keep my eye open and swoop up any shoes I see with good deals too.

#8 Hateto3Putt

Hateto3Putt

Smoking Makes You Look Cool!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17461
GolfWRX Likes : 768

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

+Church, on 04 January 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

I bought a pair in 2010 and they are waterproof.  I still wear them, they're in perfect condition(spikes have been replaced)

From Footjoys website LINK
Easy Care Synthetic Uppers

Synthetic leather or PVC offers soft, easy care water resistance with the look and feel of leather. (not waterproof)

#9 +Church

+Church

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147683
  • Ebay ID:church717
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Hateto3Putt, on 05 January 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

+Church, on 04 January 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

From Footjoys website LINK
Easy Care Synthetic Uppers

Synthetic leather or PVC offers soft, easy care water resistance with the look and feel of leather. (not waterproof)

Touche.  
But mine also look a little different than that.  Maybe the older models were waterproof.... Or i've just gotten lucky to never get wet socks :D

#10 pat007

pat007

Long Ball Silver

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48492
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

They're ok. You can get FJ Sports for cheap now, they'd be a better deal.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors