Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Ping I25

35 replies to this topic

#1 MatrixcMan

MatrixcMan

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1138
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Due this Spring.

New S Series this fall and new SGI next spring.

At least per my local store.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 jteague44

jteague44

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 188470

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Can anyone else confirm this?

#3 Foreleft

Foreleft

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3786
  • Ebay ID:Iflyfishletort
GolfWRX Likes : 73

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Wonder if they got confused with the G series?  Ping usually does not release the G & I series at the same time, which is what this would be.

#4 bravesgolf

bravesgolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 153713
  • Ebay ID:bravesgolf
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

It would seem very soon to be replacing the i20's. I'm with Foreleft thinking they meant the G series......

Hope there is a new S iron soon (S55?). Really keen to see what that baby looks like. All the Ping stuff of late keeps getting better and better! I thought Callaway was going to get my $$ this year but I think it's going to be Ping!

#5 Vindog

Vindog

Cuddly as a cactus, charming as an eel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,766 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131959
GolfWRX Likes : 2408

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

View Postbravesgolf, on 03 January 2013 - 12:04 AM, said:

It would seem very soon to be replacing the i20's. I'm with Foreleft thinking they meant the G series......

Hope there is a new S iron soon (S55?). Really keen to see what that baby looks like. All the Ping stuff of late keeps getting better and better! I thought Callaway was going to get my $$ this year but I think it's going to be Ping!
Rumor has it the s series is delayed as their design team is having a hard time making it considerably better.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

#6 nova6868

nova6868

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140033
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 350

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:34 AM

View PostVindog, on 03 January 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

Rumor has it the s series is delayed as their design team is having a hard time making it considerably better.

I have also heard this, and it makes you wonder how much "better" blades or player's irons can actually become. Slightly different, sure. Might fit one person better than the last model, maybe... but significantly "better"? Doubtful.

#7 HateTheHighDraw

HateTheHighDraw

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129124
GolfWRX Likes : 173

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

They should just release the s56 irons in the darker finish that's on the G25s and new Gorge wedges.

#8 MarkFromTheUK

MarkFromTheUK

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140175
  • Handicap:LH
GolfWRX Likes : 594

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

View Postnova6868, on 03 January 2013 - 08:34 AM, said:

I have also heard this, and it makes you wonder how much "better" blades or player's irons can actually become. Slightly different, sure. Might fit one person better than the last model, maybe... but significantly "better"? Doubtful.

Paint them white and give them a fancy new name? Works for some companies. :russian_roulette:
Bullet Hollowpoint Driver 8.5
Howson Hippo 3 wood
Nike Slingshot Irons
Bronty Chipmaster Mk.III
Alien Sand Wedge
TM Nubbins Putter

#9 frichissin

frichissin

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 346 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113835
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

I was told by my local golf shop that Ping will come out with a new G series each spring and a new I series each fall.

I'm not surprised with Ping doing this just to keep up with the Jones. The G20s came out in the fall of 2011 and 15 months later the G25 are out.

Titleist 910 D2 Graphite Design Tour
Mizuno JPX-825 3 wood
Callaway X Hot 4 wood Graphite Design To
Mizuno JPX 825 4 - PW - GW
Scor wedge 55 & 60*
Odyssey tank cruiser V Line Putter

#10 Vindog

Vindog

• Advanced Members
  • 12,766 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

View Postfrichissin, on 03 January 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

I was told by my local golf shop that Ping will come out with a new G series each spring and a new I series each fall.

I'm not surprised with Ping doing this just to keep up with the Jones. The G20s came out in the fall of 2011 and 15 months later the G25 are out.
It will actually be 18 months.  And most agree it was to sync everything up to the spring...

As for the 1 year cycles?...I'll believe it when I see it.  I highly doubt this will happen.

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 Nessism

Nessism

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,923 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131490
GolfWRX Likes : 962

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

Seems that Ping typically works on a two year release cycle.  G20's were only a face lift of sorts though, so maybe they decided to pull up on their schedule with the G25 to bump the design forward?  Just guessing here obviously but hey, isn't that what the internet is for? ;)

Whether or not they release a new club might well be predicated in part on the sales of the old clubs, and whether or not Ping has any interesting new design ideas they are anxious to bring to market.  Seems that i20 irons have been hugely successful, so I doubt you will see an i25 this spring, and it wouldn't surprise me if they are a year out.  

It would be interesting to know how Ping designs clubs.  Do they do all the design work in-house, or do they just conceptualize the idea and leave the CAD work to outside vendors overseas?  If they have a large in-house design staff, they need to get some value out of these people and may well pull up on the designs accordingly.  Designing a set of irons doesn't seem overly difficult, other than the idea generation side of the business, so I suspect they have the bandwith to keep the new designs coming with regularity.  

In terms of wood clubs, it seems to me the various Ping models are blurring together.  It wouldn't surprise me to see them keep the line down to three families instead trying to provide product definition all though their various club lines.  Guess we will find out soon enough.

Edited by Nessism, 03 January 2013 - 09:35 AM.

#12 herbygolf21

herbygolf21

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31193
  • Ebay ID:cmherrbach
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

Your local golf shop is wrong. Ping will only release new clubs if they are an improvement over the previous model.  Nothing in the works in the s series at the moment.  They will not just put a new finish on an older model and call it new.  As for as a new I series goes, no info on that yet.

#13 mljones99

mljones99

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 978
  • Handicap:12.2
  • Ebay ID:hrcjones
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostHateTheHighDraw, on 03 January 2013 - 08:36 AM, said:

They should just release the s56 irons in the darker finish that's on the G25s and new Gorge wedges.

+1

That would be my dream set of irons.

#14 BNich0622

BNich0622

Major Winner

• 3,947 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87233
  • Ebay ID:BNich0622
GolfWRX Likes : 102

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

We may hear more during the PGA merchandise show this month is what I was told by our rep. He also told me that in October during the Ryder Cup, so take it FWIW.
Big Bertha Alpha 9* w Speeder VC 6.0
X2 Hot 15* 3w/ Aldila Tour Blue 65s
X2 Hot 18* Hy/Aldila Tour Green 75s
Apex 3-PW UST Recoil 110 F5
Mack Daddy 2 52* & 58* C Grind
Metal X Milled 330 Mallet 34"

#15 frichissin

frichissin

Advanced

• 346 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

View Postcmherrbach, on 03 January 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

Your local golf shop is wrong. Ping will only release new clubs if they are an improvement over the previous model.  Nothing in the works in the s series at the moment.  They will not just put a new finish on an older model and call it new.  As for as a new I series goes, no info on that yet.

This came from the Ping rep who told my guy at the local golf shop. I remember the days when Ping would come out with new stuff every 2 to 4 years, now I think there just like all the rest.

Mizuno JPX-825 3 wood
Scor wedge 55 & 60*

#16 Vindog

Vindog

• Advanced Members
  • 12,766 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

View Postfrichissin, on 03 January 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

This came from the Ping rep who told my guy at the local golf shop. I remember the days when Ping would come out with new stuff every 2 to 4 years, now I think there just like all the rest.

There is still 2 years between lines,  except this g25 which was used to sync up with the spring releases (and please note, they aren't released until Feb).  i25 will be spring 2014, 2 tears from the i20. You are misguided, and so is "your guy".  Do some research, son.

There will be a release each year probably, but for a different line, going after a different player.  This is where people will get confused.

Edited by Vindog, 03 January 2013 - 04:07 PM.

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

#17 frichissin

frichissin

Advanced

• 346 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

View PostVindog, on 03 January 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

View Postfrichissin, on 03 January 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

There is still 2 years between lines,  except this g25 which was used to sync up with the spring releases (and please note, they aren't released until Feb).  i25 will be spring 2014, 2 tears from the i20. You are misguided, and so is "your guy".  Do some research, son.

There will be a release each year probably, but for a different line, going after a different player.  This is where people will get confused.

You're right Dad there is a 2 year except the G20 line just saying what I was told. I'm not a Ping hater see my sig
Mizuno JPX-825 3 wood
Scor wedge 55 & 60*

#18 Vindog

Vindog

• Advanced Members
  • 12,766 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

I've been wrong before, but I just don't see this happening.   We shall see though.

This fall there will be i20's ready for sale? and next spring there will be g30?  thread marked for later.
shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

#19 ck7000

ck7000

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38025
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

I may be off by a month or two, but here is my take on the product cycle:

G15/i15 - Aug 2009 release
G20 - Aug 2011 release (2 years)
i20 - Feb 2012 release (2.5 years)
G25 - Feb 2013 release (1.5 years)

I think you will see the i and G released in alternating years in Feb ahead of the golf season.  They had to do a one time adjustment to achieve this with each line.  Now they will have a new line each Feb which won't compete with one another at release date.

#20 Lacey Underall

Lacey Underall

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 217605
  • Ebay ID:dcw3672
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

I can confirm, no I20 replacement is scheduled at this time.  But I would look for it late 2013 or early 2014.  The previous posts are correct, design team is having a difficult time making the S56 considerably better.  So no tentative release date there either.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#21 easyyy

easyyy

Founder & Still a Ho

• Rules Official
  • 10,689 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 1992

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

View Postbravesgolf, on 03 January 2013 - 12:04 AM, said:

View PostHateTheHighDraw, on 03 January 2013 - 08:36 AM, said:

One more year till we will see any i20 replacement if they are on the 2 year cycles.

As for the S line. That was due last year so we are over due now. I heard the same thing. Not much for them to tweak so why tweak it. I wish they made the feel better than I could see a hero. They had thin faces getting ball speed and they had the tungsten weight in the toe. All they could do is go badass on the color scheme like the G25 and make them feel better and I would tattoo them on my arm. I would take soft Mizuno feel or even a fake delayed compression type feel that some castings can give.

in WRX we TRUST
richard@golfwrx.com

#22 J.W.

J.W.

Made For or Real Deal?

• Members
  • 11,103 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32437
GolfWRX Likes : 1656

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

I don't think you'll see an i25 line for awhile and S?  Yea don't count on it for 2013.
915D2 8.5- Black DI-8
915F 16.5- Rombax P95
712U (4), AP2 (5-PW)
Vokey 50, 55, 60
Cameron GoLo N5
WITB Link

#23 MatrixcMan

MatrixcMan

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1138

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

New I 25 woods this spring. Ping is currently reducing the I20 inventory with the current price reductions. First sign that new products are just a few months from being released.

#24 J.W.

J.W.

Made For or Real Deal?

• Members
  • 11,103 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32437
GolfWRX Likes : 1656

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

View PostMatrixcMan, on 03 January 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:

New I 25 woods this spring. Ping is currently reducing the I20 inventory with the current price reductions. First sign that new products are just a few months from being released.

Strictly a guess at this point, only a select few people really know.  I wouldn't be surprised if the current i series of woods stayed awhile.  Its such a small % of their sales and the i20 has done well both on tour and retail compared to i15.  Anser driver is so low spin and more forgiving than the i20 that the customers interested are even smaller than before.  You get adjustable for $50 more, with G20 at $199, G25 at $349 and Anser at $399 they needed something at $299.  With the new Anser line, the $100 for adjustability makes more sense, i20 would be a hard sell with only a $50 difference and another adjustable at the same price point.  I don't think the price drop has much to do with a new release coming.  My guess, we'll see a SGI line replacing K15 and it makes sense because they wanted to separate the G and K lines in the irons because they were so blurred with G15/20 vs K15.  Don't expect to see another S model in 2013... i20 line came out in February and I would be surprised personally if we saw another i line before February 2014.

Edited by J.W., 03 January 2013 - 11:21 PM.

915D2 8.5- Black DI-8
915F 16.5- Rombax P95
712U (4), AP2 (5-PW)
Vokey 50, 55, 60
Cameron GoLo N5
WITB Link

#25 NoCalHack

NoCalHack

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46573
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

I'm glad nobody put in the obligate "your welcome" joke.  Actually, did I just do it?  Sorry.

Anyways, it would seem to go against everything we know about PING.  They don't turn over their product so fast.

#26 Lacey Underall

Lacey Underall

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 217605
  • Ebay ID:dcw3672
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

In general you are correct my man, but not this time.  Every Ping rep is saying no.  I knew about the G25 about 3 months ago.  We would know about the I25 by now if it was going to be released this Spring.  The I20 woods are just going to fade away.  G25 and Anser woods will be the main product line, with some G20 still available at the lower price point.

#27 bravesgolf

bravesgolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 153713
  • Ebay ID:bravesgolf
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1357268358' post='6164329']
[quote name='Vindog' timestamp='1357219650' post='6159115']
[quote name='bravesgolf' timestamp='1357189498' post='6158051']

[/quote]
[/quote]
[quote name='HateTheHighDraw' timestamp='1357220190' post='6159147']
[/quote]

One more year till we will see any i20 replacement if they are on the 2 year cycles.

As for the S line. That was due last year so we are over due now. I heard the same thing. Not much for them to tweak so why tweak it. I wish they made the feel better than I could see a hero. They had thin faces getting ball speed and they had the tungsten weight in the toe. All they could do is go badass on the color scheme like the G25 and make them feel better and I would tattoo them on my arm. I would take soft Mizuno feel or even a fake delayed compression type feel that some castings can give.
[/quote]
[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1357268358' post='6164329']
[quote name='Vindog' timestamp='1357219650' post='6159115']
[quote name='bravesgolf' timestamp='1357189498' post='6158051']

[/quote]
[/quote]
[quote name='HateTheHighDraw' timestamp='1357220190' post='6159147']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks everyone for the S56 info. My S57's are going ok at the moment (don't suffer too much spin or distance loss as reported by some guys on here) but I might not hold out that long for the next model. If they are having trouble making improvements, maybe the S56 is the way to go anyway.

Cheers.

#28 woods991

woods991

Major Winner

• 1,707 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29516
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

Read easyyy's post above, the i series will not be updated until next year, we are one year of a TWO YEAR CYCLE.  The G series is coming out soon, than next winter/fall you will see the i series.
CallyBig Bertha '14 KK tini 60 proto
Nike Covert tour FW Fubuki K70
Mizzy MP-54 KBS Tour 110 4-PW
Cobra tour issue rf wedges 53,56,59
Cleveland 588 Mt 19 w/KBS C Taper
Seemore tour issue m1 Private Reserve

#29 eerogolf

eerogolf

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41874
  • Ebay ID:eerogolf
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

i20 was introduced jan/feb 2012, so I don't expect the i25 irons to come out till jan/feb 2014 or august 2013 if they went to a 18 month cycle.

#30 jfpga123

jfpga123

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49582
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

I think they will be going to an 18 month product cycle with some kind of new introduction every 6 months.  They all want the buzz a new product brings during both north and south season starts.

Edited by jfpga123, 16 January 2013 - 12:55 PM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors