Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Custom Shop Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Fish-N-Chips

Fish-N-Chips

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137988
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Hey guys, I'm looking to send a putter to the custom shop for a reshaft and paintfill. I'd really like to buy a grip & headcover to get the free paintfill, then pull the grip and sell it and the headcover to cover a little cost.

I'm kind of asking what y'all think the best sellers would be from the Custom Shop. If anyone has any requests pm me.

Help this college student cameron addict out!

TM R1 TD2 Speeder TS 6.3
Nike Covert Tour 17* Wood
TM R9 TP B 4-PW
Bridgestone J33 56*
TM ATV 60*
Nike Method Mod 00 w/ SS Flatso Ultra

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 tangojay

tangojay

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18679
GolfWRX Likes : 94

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

Pull the shaft and grip yourself,,,, get a shaft off either eBay or golfsmith or golfworks,,, add grip,,, less than $20 bucks,,, testors enamel paint of your choice,, about $1 at most hobby shops,,, fill in with wooden tooth picks,,, let dry, wipe lightly with acetone (less than $3 bucks for generic at Wal-Mart) ,,,,, save original shaft in case you want to sell it later,,,, so for about the price of shipping you have a putter you can be proud of nice it it yours,,,,,, I got hooked on doing my own paint filling,,, change it when bored or to try new stuff,,l

#3 espressoo

espressoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116768
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

Personally I wouldn't send it in just for a reshaft and paintfill.  If you send it in, get the full works on it, grip/headcover/paintfill/badges and etc.  That way if you really want, you can recoup your cost.  Otherwise just pay a local shop to reshaft it and do the paintfill yourself.  You have to factor in the base fee for the custom shop + express shipping.

#4 Scotty1140

Scotty1140

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132137
GolfWRX Likes : 240

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

View Posttangojay, on 03 January 2013 - 04:32 AM, said:

Pull the shaft and grip yourself,,,, get a shaft off either eBay or golfsmith or golfworks,,, add grip,,, less than $20 bucks,,, testors enamel paint of your choice,, about $1 at most hobby shops,,, fill in with wooden tooth picks,,, let dry, wipe lightly with acetone (less than $3 bucks for generic at Wal-Mart) ,,,,, save original shaft in case you want to sell it later,,,, so for about the price of shipping you have a putter you can be proud of nice it it yours,,,,,, I got hooked on doing my own paint filling,,, change it when bored or to try new stuff,,l
^This

#5 TNReb

TNReb

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 206233
  • Handicap:2.5
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

Personally, I think you should do whatever you want.  If you want to send it to the custom shop, do it!   I got the standard black/black Custom Shop grip on mine.  It was too skinny for my taste.  I wound pulling it off and selling it on e-bay for $58 (last week).  I had several people ask me if it was the mid-size (no).  If I were you, I would consider buying the mid-size.  It may sell for a better price.  Just go on Ebay and look at the completed auctions to see how much each color is selling for.

#6 hebron1427

hebron1427

Older. Slower. Weaker. AtlJeff

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,801 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114354
GolfWRX Likes : 184

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

View PostScotty1140, on 03 January 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

View Posttangojay, on 03 January 2013 - 04:32 AM, said:

^This

double.

in other words, this is a total waste of your money. the exact shaft cameron uses is either on ebay for $15 total or on golfworks for $7+shipping= about $15. grips can be anything but even a cameron grip you can find for less than $10 on this site. don't even worry about the testors if you don't want to spend time looking for it--just get fingernail polish from a drug store or grocery store--$4 max. toothpick--free at most restaurants; paper towels--free at most bathrooms. acetone--$3 at walmart or grocery store or gas station or home depot....you get the idea. mineral spirits for the grip change is $3 (just like acetone), grip tape is about the most overpriced thing at $4 or $5 from gsmith or golfworks. epoxy from HD or amazon.com is $6 or $7. there are methods to pull the shaft without even a blow torch, although it's probably easiest with a torch, which are about $15 for the ability to do a lot.

shaft 15
grip 10
paint 4
acetone 3
mineral spirits 3
grip tape 5
blowtorch 15

total $55, and the next time you do anything you already have all the stuff you need. it seems like a no brainer to me....

#7 MixedBag

MixedBag

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 142199
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

I've been thinking about the same thing, since I'm about to send one in.  After watching the market, here are my answers/suggestions....

Grip:  New Colored Pistolero (blue, orange, lime sell the best).... don't expect to make a mint after shipping/paypal
Headcover:  Black/Black JYD Industrial (this is only b/c of current choices.... Grinder was discontinued on 12/31 or it would be my answer)

Weights (J.A.T.):  you can make a little cash off of the new engraved weights, but not much....... JYD or Grinder in translucent blue, green, or orange seem to sell the best...... 15 or 20g (25 and greater get pricey)

Edit (1 more thought):  since you are doing a reshaft, you could get a "Classic Royal NOS*" for FREE....... people (like myself) love the older classics and you probably could sell it for $25-$35 and come out about the same as paying for the new Pistolero (probably just make a few more bucks off the Pistolero but you would have to pay upfront money)....hope that makes sense

Edited by MixedBag, 04 January 2013 - 10:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors