Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Knudson81's #CALLAWRX Bag 2013

callaway callawrx

48 replies to this topic

#1 knudson81

knudson81

    #CALLAWRX 12/12/12 & True Temper Test Panel

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,811 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23000
  • Joined: 12/21/2006
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 75

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

So for 2013 it looks like my bag is going all Callaway. I was lucky enough to go on the CallaWRX trip back in December and got fit for a really good bag. All the below os stuffed into a 2013 X Hot Staff bag.

Razr Fit Xtreme 10.5 / Project Xv 6.0
Razr Fit Xtreme 4w / Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 7.1 S
X Hot Pro 18* / Project Xv 6.0
X Hot Pro 20* / Project Xv 6.0
X Hot Pro 5-PW / Fujikura Rombax 115i S
X Forged Copper 50* / Fujikura 95T
X Forged Copper 54* / Fujikura 95T
X Tour 58* PM Grind / Fujikura 95T
Odyssey Versa #7 / UST Frequency Filtered shaft
Odyssey Protype #7 / Super Stroke Fatso

IMG_0140 1.JPG
IMG_0141 1.JPG
IMG_0143 1.JPG
IMG_0144.JPG
IMG_0145 1.JPG
IMG_0146.JPG
IMG_0147 1.JPG
IMG_0148 1.JPG
IMG_0149.JPG
IMG_0150.JPG
IMG_0151.JPG
IMG_0152.JPG
IMG_0153 1.JPG
IMG_0154.JPG
IMG_0155.JPG
IMG_0156.JPG
IMG_0157.JPG
IMG_0158 1.JPG
IMG_0159.JPG
IMG_0160.JPG
IMG_0161.JPG

Big Bertha Alpha / PX LZ 64g Handcrafted
Big Bertha 3w / PX LZ 71g Handcrafted
X2 Hot Pro 20+23 / Project X 6.5 (blue)
Apex / Recoil 110 F5
Odyssey Protype #7
Cally MD2 50s-54T-58T / Recoil 125 F4
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 bruinsPATSirish

bruinsPATSirish

    I make great 5's

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,226 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205445
  • Joined: 10/02/2012
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 1152

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Wow!  I am so jealous of those irons man.  I absolutely LOVE my Razr X Tours (think they deserve more love than they get) and assuming they are an improvement on them, the X Hot Pros are the only thing that could kick them out of the bag.  Please give us another review after a few rounds, would love to hear the feedback!
Taylormade SLDR 12*/SLDR Mini 14*
Taylormade V-Steel 5
Taylormade TP CB 4-6 MB 7-PW
Tour Preferred 52* Vokey SM4 56*, 60*
Scotty Cameron California Coronado
InsideTMAG Trip 2013

#3 knudson81

knudson81

    #CALLAWRX 12/12/12 & True Temper Test Panel

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,811 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23000
  • Joined: 12/21/2006
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 75

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

View Postchadsullivan17, on 01 January 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

Wow!  I am so jealous of those irons man.  I absolutely LOVE my Razr X Tours (think they deserve more love than they get) and assuming they are an improvement on them, the X Hot Pros are the only thing that could kick them out of the bag.  Please give us another review after a few rounds, would love to hear the feedback!

For sure will keep this updated on the irons. I am the same way that I loved my Razr X Tour and thought they were way under the radar. These already seem to be more forgiving, but a softer feeling club. And they are for sure longer! First round with them was a little tough dialing in the distances!
Big Bertha Alpha / PX LZ 64g Handcrafted
Big Bertha 3w / PX LZ 71g Handcrafted
X2 Hot Pro 20+23 / Project X 6.5 (blue)
Apex / Recoil 110 F5
Odyssey Protype #7
Cally MD2 50s-54T-58T / Recoil 125 F4
WITB Link

#4 freddyottawa

freddyottawa

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,436 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147865
  • Joined: 11/21/2011
  • Location:Ottawa ON.
  • Handicap:36
GolfWRX Likes : 360

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

Sweet bag sir! Please tell me more about those Rombax iron shafts, I have become bordering on obsessed with graphite iron shafts this offseason. You were playing graphite in your previous set of irons too right?
JPX 825 Driver/3w
Anser 17* Hybrid
H4 3, 4 iron
CMB 5-PW
T4 52/58
Versa #7

#5 bruinsPATSirish

bruinsPATSirish

    I make great 5's

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,226 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205445
  • Joined: 10/02/2012
  • Location:South Carolina
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 1152

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

View Postknudson81, on 01 January 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

View Postchadsullivan17, on 01 January 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

Wow!  I am so jealous of those irons man.  I absolutely LOVE my Razr X Tours (think they deserve more love than they get) and assuming they are an improvement on them, the X Hot Pros are the only thing that could kick them out of the bag.  Please give us another review after a few rounds, would love to hear the feedback!

For sure will keep this updated on the irons. I am the same way that I loved my Razr X Tour and thought they were way under the radar. These already seem to be more forgiving, but a softer feeling club. And they are for sure longer! First round with them was a little tough dialing in the distances!

The Razr X Tours really did fly way under the radar this past year, luckily mine were gifted to me by a Callaway staffer that moved into a set of Razr Musclebacks (Most beautiful iron available IMO but I'll take forgiveness over workability/looks). If all goes as planned this year, this time next year I will be telling some of you guys how the new Cally clubs feel :nyam:

Taylormade SLDR 12*/SLDR Mini 14*
Taylormade V-Steel 5
Taylormade TP CB 4-6 MB 7-PW
Tour Preferred 52* Vokey SM4 56*, 60*
Scotty Cameron California Coronado
InsideTMAG Trip 2013

#6 knudson81

knudson81

    #CALLAWRX 12/12/12 & True Temper Test Panel

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,811 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23000
  • Joined: 12/21/2006
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 75

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

View Postfreddyottawa, on 01 January 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Sweet bag sir! Please tell me more about those Rombax iron shafts, I have become bordering on obsessed with graphite iron shafts this offseason. You were playing graphite in your previous set of irons too right?

The Rombax is a great iron shaft! I have played graphite irons for about 4yrs now because of tendinitis in my shoulder. I have played the Aldila VS Proto, the Aldila NV 105, tested the Matrix Program 130, and had the UST Recoil in some wedges. The Rombax and Recoil are the 2 most solid feeling shafts I have played. To me the Program series was a little to boardy and harsh but the performance was great. The Rombax is so smooth and easy to load, but really offers great feedback on your shot. The Aldia shafts perform great, but they had a hollow, brittle feel to them. In terms of launch I will list them lowest to high for me below. Recoil isn't listed because I haven't been able to play them in anything but wedges so far.

Program 130
Rombax
Aldila NV
Aldila VS Proto
Big Bertha Alpha / PX LZ 64g Handcrafted
Big Bertha 3w / PX LZ 71g Handcrafted
X2 Hot Pro 20+23 / Project X 6.5 (blue)
Apex / Recoil 110 F5
Odyssey Protype #7
Cally MD2 50s-54T-58T / Recoil 125 F4
WITB Link

#7 emttim1885

emttim1885

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 210693
  • Joined: 11/10/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

that is one sexy bag


#8 freddyottawa

freddyottawa

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,436 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147865
  • Joined: 11/21/2011
  • Location:Ottawa ON.
  • Handicap:36
GolfWRX Likes : 360

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

View Postknudson81, on 01 January 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

View Postfreddyottawa, on 01 January 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Sweet bag sir! Please tell me more about those Rombax iron shafts, I have become bordering on obsessed with graphite iron shafts this offseason. You were playing graphite in your previous set of irons too right?

The Rombax is a great iron shaft! I have played graphite irons for about 4yrs now because of tendinitis in my shoulder. I have played the Aldila VS Proto, the Aldila NV 105, tested the Matrix Program 130, and had the UST Recoil in some wedges. The Rombax and Recoil are the 2 most solid feeling shafts I have played. To me the Program series was a little to boardy and harsh but the performance was great. The Rombax is so smooth and easy to load, but really offers great feedback on your shot. The Aldia shafts perform great, but they had a hollow, brittle feel to them. In terms of launch I will list them lowest to high for me below. Recoil isn't listed because I haven't been able to play them in anything but wedges so far.

Program 130
Rombax
Aldila NV
Aldila VS Proto

Nice, thanks for the feedback, I may have to hunt these down at some point to give them a go.
JPX 825 Driver/3w
Anser 17* Hybrid
H4 3, 4 iron
CMB 5-PW
T4 52/58
Versa #7

#9 knudson81

knudson81

    #CALLAWRX 12/12/12 & True Temper Test Panel

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,811 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23000
  • Joined: 12/21/2006
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 75

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Anytime freddyottawa. I think you will find that the VS Proto performs really well for the price, but the Rombax just adds that solid feel and feedback.

I need to go and stamp my wedges also, so their might be an update here in a little bit for that 50* and 54*.....
Big Bertha Alpha / PX LZ 64g Handcrafted
Big Bertha 3w / PX LZ 71g Handcrafted
X2 Hot Pro 20+23 / Project X 6.5 (blue)
Apex / Recoil 110 F5
Odyssey Protype #7
Cally MD2 50s-54T-58T / Recoil 125 F4
WITB Link

#10 mackepa

mackepa

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38775
  • Joined: 09/04/2007
  • Location:Cincinnati, Ohio
GolfWRX Likes : 99

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

very sweet bag! im going all Callaway in 2013 also. very excited to start building my bag.

8.5 X2 Hot Pro w/ Ahina 60 Stiff
17* X2 Hot Pro w/ Diamana D+ 72s
20* X2 Hot Pro w/ Tour Green X
24* 712U w/ KBS Tour stiff
5-PW Apex Pro w/ C-Taper stiff
Vokey 50f, 54s, 60k w/ KBS Tour stiff

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 thatboygaule

thatboygaule

    IG- RichardGaule

  • Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139920
  • Joined: 09/25/2011
  • Location:Ireland
  • Handicap:4.9
GolfWRX Likes : 219

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Nice man
Titleist 913D2(A1) w/ Diamana Blue S+
Titleist 913F(A4) w/ Diamana Blue S+
Ping Anser 20* w/ TCF 800 s
Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW w/ NS PRO 105T
Titleist SM4 52* 58* w/ NS PRO 105T
Odyssey #7
WITB Link

#12 J13

J13

    @jminis13

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 9,253 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76984
  • Joined: 03/08/2009
  • Location:East Coast
GolfWRX Likes : 1151

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

That's a nice bag broseph
Silly Season Bag
Callawrx 1
Cally Vegas shoot

#13 MEC13

MEC13

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 200763
  • Joined: 08/30/2012
  • Location:Long Island, New York
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

How would you compare your V series wedges to your x tour wedge? I haven't even attempted to upgrade my x-tour wedges because I love them too much but it's going to have to happen eventually.

#14 ladahl

ladahl

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,607 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119561
  • Joined: 12/29/2010
  • Handicap:10.4
GolfWRX Likes : 305

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

Looks awesome buddy!!!!  LOVE that 60*.  Keep updating pics of how that one patinas...  

Well done!
Big Bertha 10.5* Kiyoshi Gold 65 04
Callaway Big Bertha 16* AD-DI 7 S
Callaway XHP2 20* & 23* F3 95S
Callaway Apex 5-A TT DG TI X100 SS
Odyssey Japan White Damascus Xi #9
MD2 54 T/S & 58 T/S/U/C MD2 TI S400
WITB Link

#15 Dscvrr St Louis

Dscvrr St Louis

    #CALLAWRX 12/12/12

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,565 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105250
  • Joined: 03/23/2010
  • Location:St. Louis
  • Handicap:7.8
GolfWRX Likes : 434

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Sweet set of sticks there...! Let's get rid of the snow and play a bit!! Shheessshh..we got a couple inches overnight and it sucks to look at it.  High of 25* doesn't help!

Big Bertha Alpha, Veylix Rome Wildeye
Big Bertha 15&18 Motore Speeder 8.1x
X2Hot 22*, F3 HB 95s
Apex 4,5/Apex Pro 6-G Ctaper S+
Odyssey Versa #6 & MXM #6
Callaway MD2 52,54,58 Ctaper S+

#16 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

    EVERYTHING'S COMING UP THRILLHOUSE!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,344 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140851
  • Joined: 10/02/2011
  • Location:Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 1957

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

Im not a big callaway fan but I really like your bag!

#17 knudson81

knudson81

    #CALLAWRX 12/12/12 & True Temper Test Panel

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,811 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23000
  • Joined: 12/21/2006
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 75

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Thanks guys for all the kind words. I am pretty proud of it and might even get the Razr Staff Bag when it comes out.

View PostMEC13, on 01 January 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

How would you compare your V series wedges to your x tour wedge? I haven't even attempted to upgrade my x-tour wedges because I love them too much but it's going to have to happen eventually.

The 2012 Forged wedges are really good wedges for most guys. I love them from the fairway and rough, but they are a lower bounce wedge. I really fell in love with the X Tour for bunker play and for soft conditions since my wedge miss is fat. If you play really firm conditions or pick the ball clean off the turf, the 2012 Forged will suit you really well. The CC grooves they have really spin the ball well, but not as good as the Mack Daddy grooves used to!
Big Bertha Alpha / PX LZ 64g Handcrafted
Big Bertha 3w / PX LZ 71g Handcrafted
X2 Hot Pro 20+23 / Project X 6.5 (blue)
Apex / Recoil 110 F5
Odyssey Protype #7
Cally MD2 50s-54T-58T / Recoil 125 F4
WITB Link

#18 Golfjunki71

Golfjunki71

    LEDLIYLBSIWB

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,413 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2196
  • Joined: 07/06/2005
  • Location:Gilbert, Az
GolfWRX Likes : 1058

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

Nice bag. Is the RAZR extreme much better than this years fit?
Sldr White
3w
Titleist 913H 17 Fubuki
Titleist AP2714
Titleist Vokey 54M 60S Indigo
Newport Select 2014

#19 MEC13

MEC13

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 200763
  • Joined: 08/30/2012
  • Location:Long Island, New York
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

View Postknudson81, on 01 January 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

Thanks guys for all the kind words. I am pretty proud of it and might even get the Razr Staff Bag when it comes out.

View PostMEC13, on 01 January 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

How would you compare your V series wedges to your x tour wedge? I haven't even attempted to upgrade my x-tour wedges because I love them too much but it's going to have to happen eventually.

The 2012 Forged wedges are really good wedges for most guys. I love them from the fairway and rough, but they are a lower bounce wedge. I really fell in love with the X Tour for bunker play and for soft conditions since my wedge miss is fat. If you play really firm conditions or pick the ball clean off the turf, the 2012 Forged will suit you really well. The CC grooves they have really spin the ball well, but not as good as the Mack Daddy grooves used to!
thanks for the reply.  I'll probably continue to play my x-tours only because of how accurate I am with them but I'm going to have to go out and try the v series from what you say about them.

#20 knudson81

knudson81

    #CALLAWRX 12/12/12 & True Temper Test Panel

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,811 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23000
  • Joined: 12/21/2006
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 75

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostGolfjunki71, on 01 January 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

Nice bag. Is the RAZR extreme much better than this years fit?

It is for sure a lower spinning driver than the 2012 Razr Fit. I also think it offers more ball speed on off center hits. It also has a smaller, more compact shape, but seems to have the same forgiveness. Add that to the really good stock shafts and it is a decent upgrade. I am prob about 5yds lover with it.

Big Bertha Alpha / PX LZ 64g Handcrafted
Big Bertha 3w / PX LZ 71g Handcrafted
X2 Hot Pro 20+23 / Project X 6.5 (blue)
Apex / Recoil 110 F5
Odyssey Protype #7
Cally MD2 50s-54T-58T / Recoil 125 F4
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 Br1an02;

Br1an02;

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34011
  • Joined: 07/08/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

That Versa #7 is sweet. How does it compare in size and feel to some of the other #7 models?

#22 OhioGolfDude

OhioGolfDude

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,345 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 90827
  • Joined: 08/05/2009
  • Location:Dayton, OH
  • Ebay ID:egayheart2k7t
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

So jealous man!  Beautiful clubs & a fine collection of awesome CALLAWAY quip!
D: 9 Callaway FT-iZ w/ GD AD DI-6
3: 15 Optiforce w/ Diamana S+ Blue 72
H: 20 XHot Pro 3h w/ GD AD DI-85
I: 4-P XHot Pro w/ PX 5.5
W: 54/58 Callaway Vintage X Forged
P: Odyssey White Hot Pro #7 34"

#23 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,854 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91668
  • Joined: 08/13/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 1234

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Simply amazing. One of the lucky bunch. The topline of those irons looks much better than I remembered from the initial pictures. You're also the second Protype #7 owner I've seen in this subforum this week, there are more of us than I thought, haha.
Cobra BC Pro 8.5*, Aldila Tour Blue 75
TEE CB5 15*, Fuji Rombax P95
Adams DHy 18*, Fuji Motore Speeder 9.8
TEE CB Pro-h, Bridgestone J40 DPC
Vokey 250.08, 254.10, Callaway Jaws 60*
Odyssey Tank Cruiser 330M
WITB Link

#24 OUZO Power

OUZO Power

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,568 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207419
  • Joined: 10/16/2012
  • Location:Brooklin, Ontario
GolfWRX Likes : 597

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

Oh man those are so noice.

#25 OUZO Power

OUZO Power

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,568 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207419
  • Joined: 10/16/2012
  • Location:Brooklin, Ontario
GolfWRX Likes : 597

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

No Xtreme closups?

Edited by OUZO Power, 02 January 2013 - 03:52 PM.


#26 knudson81

knudson81

    #CALLAWRX 12/12/12 & True Temper Test Panel

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,811 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23000
  • Joined: 12/21/2006
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 75

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

View PostOUZO Power, on 02 January 2013 - 03:52 PM, said:

No Xtreme closups?

Let me know what other photos you would like and I will take them when I get home from work.
Big Bertha Alpha / PX LZ 64g Handcrafted
Big Bertha 3w / PX LZ 71g Handcrafted
X2 Hot Pro 20+23 / Project X 6.5 (blue)
Apex / Recoil 110 F5
Odyssey Protype #7
Cally MD2 50s-54T-58T / Recoil 125 F4
WITB Link

#27 ladahl

ladahl

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,607 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119561
  • Joined: 12/29/2010
  • Handicap:10.4
GolfWRX Likes : 305

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Here's a keeper!

Brian, bag looks awesome buddy!

Attached Thumbnails

  • Bri Guy.JPG

Big Bertha 10.5* Kiyoshi Gold 65 04
Callaway Big Bertha 16* AD-DI 7 S
Callaway XHP2 20* & 23* F3 95S
Callaway Apex 5-A TT DG TI X100 SS
Odyssey Japan White Damascus Xi #9
MD2 54 T/S & 58 T/S/U/C MD2 TI S400
WITB Link

#28 knudson81

knudson81

    #CALLAWRX 12/12/12 & True Temper Test Panel

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,811 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23000
  • Joined: 12/21/2006
  • Location:Michigan
GolfWRX Likes : 75

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

View PostBr1an02;, on 01 January 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

That Versa #7 is sweet. How does it compare in size and feel to some of the other #7 models?

I have played almost every #7 they have made over the years and this is right now tied with my favorite, the Black Series i #7. That version had a great heavy head, without the added size of the White Ice, and a firmer insert than the XG series. The Versa is the smaller head but with a great insert that is far more consistent and responsive. You really get a good feel for contact and the distance control is spot on.

View PostPuppetmaster, on 02 January 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

Simply amazing. One of the lucky bunch. The topline of those irons looks much better than I remembered from the initial pictures. You're also the second Protype #7 owner I've seen in this subforum this week, there are more of us than I thought, haha.

I have really fallen in love with the Protype 7. I was never fond of the 330 Mallet, but for some reason the Protype fits my eye great. I think it is the slightly smaller profile and smaller site lines. Totally underrated putter and I am really bummed it wasn't made in the black version.

Edited by knudson81, 02 January 2013 - 08:41 PM.

Big Bertha Alpha / PX LZ 64g Handcrafted
Big Bertha 3w / PX LZ 71g Handcrafted
X2 Hot Pro 20+23 / Project X 6.5 (blue)
Apex / Recoil 110 F5
Odyssey Protype #7
Cally MD2 50s-54T-58T / Recoil 125 F4
WITB Link

#29 Cwing

Cwing

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,356 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37012
  • Joined: 08/10/2007
  • Location:Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals,
GolfWRX Likes : 251

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Nice setup!
G25 10.5* & 12*
G25 15* & k15 16*
G25 20* & K15 23* hybrids
G25 5 - U. DG XP s300
Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
Cleveland 54 Rtx, 60 cg12
WITB Link

#30 stage1350

stage1350

    If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,618 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 664
  • Joined: 05/12/2005
  • Location:5 stars, 5 diamonds, 28 tables, 600 slots. Life is good...
  • Ebay ID:stage1350
GolfWRX Likes : 1249

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

No underwear in these photos?  [/disappointed]

Tour Issue SLDR 430 9w/ Oban Devotion 8
X-Hot Pro 3Deep 13 w/ Project X-10A2
Tour Issue 585.H 17 w/ Diamana Thump X
Mizuno MP-63 3-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 TX
Vokey SM-5 54M and 60M w/ DG Tour X7
Bettinardi Solid Copper BB2 RJB1982

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.





Also tagged with callaway, callawrx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors