Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 11 votes

How was GOLFWRX Created? (Answer on bottom of pg 1)

393 replies to this topic

#391 Lincoln_Arcadia

Lincoln_Arcadia

We're supposed to be having fun here...yeah, right.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263134
  • Handicap:9.0
GolfWRX Likes : 117

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:27 AM

I'll have to say the people here are much more respectful of each other, and all opinions are respectfully addressed with other opinions.

There is no single golf agenda associated, and the mantra seems to be inclusive of many different ideas without bully tactics employed by at least one other site.

Edited by Lincoln_Arcadia, 24 October 2017 - 08:28 AM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#392 Soupy1994

Soupy1994

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 445818
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 07 November 2017 - 06:51 PM

View PostLincoln_Arcadia, on 24 October 2017 - 08:27 AM, said:

I'll have to say the people here are much more respectful of each other, and all opinions are respectfully addressed with other opinions.

There is no single golf agenda associated, and the mantra seems to be inclusive of many different ideas without bully tactics employed by at least one other site.

I'd have to agree

#393 CasualLie

CasualLie

Do Woodchucks Chuck Wood?

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99500
GolfWRX Likes : 299

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:40 PM

Not going to read 14 pages of posts, but I did read post #30.  I guess I have not been in General Talk for so long I did not realize this thread was pinned.

But here is a timely story only in the sense that I was playing some golf today with an old friend and the topic of BSG came up.  It was good for some laughs, but no laugh bigger than a story probably none of you know.

There was a time when the "holy grail" of tour issue drivers were being sold at escalating prices each generation.  There was the $1,000 driver, then $1,500, then $2,000 probably about the time the TM R9s were yet to hit the market.  This was the height of BSG when BH was selling the so called ultra rare drivers.  The early listings with the special lime green Oziks were listed for $2,000.  But BH made a big mistake.  He freely allowed BST listings to favored members and a certain member we shall call DM destroyed his market in a day.  When BH listed one driver at a time at $2K, out of nowhere DM posts a BST listing and sells the same driver for $1200 completely undercutting BH.  The ad would go up at $1200 for one driver, a few minutes would go by, then a post saying it is sold, the next day DM lists two drivers at $1200 and immediately posts as sold.  And then as the death blow, three more drivers listed at $900 and immediately sold.  It all happened so fast, BH could not stop it.  Two days, six drivers, and the market price established under $1,000.  DM knew this was below BH's cost and wanted to hit him where it hurt.  Mission accomplished.

But where did DM get those tour issue drivers that were so rare? How did he get six so fast and ahead of BH when the connections to get them were very narrow?  BH did everything he could to be first.  Well...to hear DM tell it, he never had the drivers, and the sales were not real.  But his rep was established enough in tour issue kit that everyone believed the BST listing and sale.  BH believed it and of course banned him, but it was too late.  It was not long after GolfWRX got its momentum and the mass exodus put the last nail in the coffin.

Richard and Ryan have done very well by golf.  It's not much of a stretch to say they belong in the Golf Hall of Fame as Internet pioneers for golfers.  They can have Langer's spot....haha!

Edited by CasualLie, 23 May 2018 - 11:42 AM.

#394 Texsport

Texsport

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 196
GolfWRX Likes : 1267

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:35 AM

The other site still exists, but now a semi-personal place for old timers, vintage club lists, news from friends, and club buying from the current owner HossOnMoss.

Texsport

Edited by Texsport, 11 June 2018 - 10:43 AM.

Mizuno GT180 10.5*/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 5 X
Tour Edge Exotics CB F2 PRO 15.5* Limited/Speeder 757 EVO 7.1X (Gene Sauers club)
Titleist 915 18*/Fubuki K 80X
Titleist 913 Hybrid 21*/Tour Blue 105X (Matt Jones' club) (OR) TM Burner 4-iron/Aldila RIP 115 Tour S
Wilson Staff V4 5 and 6/Aerotech Fibersteel 110 S
MacGregor PRO M 7-PM/Aldila RIP 115 Tour S
Edel 50*/KBS 610 S
Scratch JMO Grind Don White 56*/DG X-100
Cobra Trusty Rusty Tour  64*/DG S-200
The Cure CX2 putter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors