Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 11 votes

How was GOLFWRX Created? (Answer on bottom of pg 1)

393 replies to this topic

#331 hankmoody

hankmoody

Title Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275573
  • Handicap:12.6
GolfWRX Likes : 640

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

Thanks to all. This is a very friendly, and knowledgeable place.

M2 10.5 & 3W
816h 21
C16 5-PW
SM5 50, SM6 54 & Cally PM 60
Byron Morgan DH89
TP5

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#332 Arafel

Arafel

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,579 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14708
GolfWRX Likes : 2223

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

View Posthankmoody, on 12 December 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

Thanks to all. This is a very friendly, and knowledgeable place.

In all my years here, I'm still amazed at what you can find when you use the search function.  It's a very rare occasion that I can't find an answer here.

#333 putts4bogey

putts4bogey

Puppies and Butterflies

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 295
  • Handicap:Many
GolfWRX Likes : 899

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:52 PM

This is a great site and like an internet home away from home.  Kudos to the founders and members.
What is and What Should Never Be

#334 Zippy

Zippy

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16120
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

Boy, this thread takes me back.  My first experience with the online golf equipment community was with the CBS Sports forums.  Some dude named Dougweight loved to stir the pot, and there was this guy PRadetsky who always seemed to know his stuff and was really good at handling the ruckus.  I followed the link in his sig and found GolfOpinions.com.  I became one of the more prolific posters in the early days under the name Roydjt and saw the community come into full bloom.  Paul R did a great job every year of documenting the PGA shows, and we seemed to have some nice inside connections for information on the newest gear.  The pools that SnowDale ran for each major were a ton of fun.  We had knowledgeable, friendly, enthusiastic people everywhere.  I want to say that GO.com started up around 2000, maybe a couple of years before that.

One day this guy BigHitter showed up and he started to whore up the boards.  He was answering every question about everything to anybody and it seemed that the answer was always the deep face TM300 driver with a Fujikura Speeder 757.  This was around the time of the USGA's ruling about COR, and he was positive that 0.86 would be the limit.  He was selling heads for like $500 apiece that were in the .83-.86 range.  Shortly afterwards he founded BombsquadGolf.com and a flock of formerly loyal GO.com members followed him over there.  Once the COR ruling came out, people were generally pissed off that they spent $800 on a club that was rendered useless.  When business dealings went sour, I had people coming to me to see what kind of avenues they could pursue to get their money back.  Paul filled me in on the conditions of his exit, and I could not have been more disgusted.  I kept an eye on how BSG progressed, and I wasn't surprised by the success, but I was shocked by the amount of corruption that seemed to be going on.  For the record, I've been banned from that site twice and both times I had no idea what I had done to deserve it.  The last time I was around there, they were offering a $20,000 package of fittings and equipment that was just silly.

Over the years, GolfOpinions continued to dwindle.  The last few years it's been hardly a trickle.  A new owner bought the site from the original group a few years back and promised to bring it back toward significance, but I think it was just a move to try to pump traffic toward his own site, PutterTalk.com.  The forums were hardly moderated and the owner was completely absent.  The few active members left at the time were turned away.  At some point, GolfWRX bought the site and we were excited that someone would actually do something with it, but it's only shriveled away from there.

It's weird to think that I've been browsing golf equipment forums for 15 years.  I go back to when the Biggest Big Bertha was a hideous monstrosity and MacGregor was still forging their clubs here in the USA.  AJ Tech was the s*** and nobody had heard of Fujikura yet.  It's been a fun adventure.  I'm glad to know that there is still a place to come to for unbiased, open sharing of opinions and information about the game of golf and its equipment.

-Roy

#335 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,602 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
GolfWRX Likes : 6207

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:28 AM

View PostZippy, on 15 December 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

Boy, this thread takes me back.  My first experience with the online golf equipment community was with the CBS Sports forums.  Some dude named Dougweight loved to stir the pot, and there was this guy PRadetsky who always seemed to know his stuff and was really good at handling the ruckus.  I followed the link in his sig and found GolfOpinions.com.  I became one of the more prolific posters in the early days under the name Roydjt and saw the community come into full bloom.  Paul R did a great job every year of documenting the PGA shows, and we seemed to have some nice inside connections for information on the newest gear.  The pools that SnowDale ran for each major were a ton of fun.  We had knowledgeable, friendly, enthusiastic people everywhere.  I want to say that GO.com started up around 2000, maybe a couple of years before that.

One day this guy BigHitter showed up and he started to whore up the boards.  He was answering every question about everything to anybody and it seemed that the answer was always the deep face TM300 driver with a Fujikura Speeder 757.  This was around the time of the USGA's ruling about COR, and he was positive that 0.86 would be the limit.  He was selling heads for like $500 apiece that were in the .83-.86 range.  Shortly afterwards he founded BombsquadGolf.com and a flock of formerly loyal GO.com members followed him over there.  Once the COR ruling came out, people were generally pissed off that they spent $800 on a club that was rendered useless.  When business dealings went sour, I had people coming to me to see what kind of avenues they could pursue to get their money back.  Paul filled me in on the conditions of his exit, and I could not have been more disgusted.  I kept an eye on how BSG progressed, and I wasn't surprised by the success, but I was shocked by the amount of corruption that seemed to be going on.  For the record, I've been banned from that site twice and both times I had no idea what I had done to deserve it.  The last time I was around there, they were offering a $20,000 package of fittings and equipment that was just silly.

Over the years, GolfOpinions continued to dwindle.  The last few years it's been hardly a trickle.  A new owner bought the site from the original group a few years back and promised to bring it back toward significance, but I think it was just a move to try to pump traffic toward his own site, PutterTalk.com.  The forums were hardly moderated and the owner was completely absent.  The few active members left at the time were turned away.  At some point, GolfWRX bought the site and we were excited that someone would actually do something with it, but it's only shriveled away from there.

It's weird to think that I've been browsing golf equipment forums for 15 years.  I go back to when the Biggest Big Bertha was a hideous monstrosity and MacGregor was still forging their clubs here in the USA.  AJ Tech was the s*** and nobody had heard of Fujikura yet.  It's been a fun adventure.  I'm glad to know that there is still a place to come to for unbiased, open sharing of opinions and information about the game of golf and its equipment.

-Roy

Wow! Thank you for that Roy! It's great to hear these stories. Easyyy mentioned in here that they bought Golf Opinions to keep all the archives and threads so that they would not vanish forever. Preserving history.

#336 easyyy

easyyy

Founder & Still a Ho

• Rules Official
  • 11,677 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1
GolfWRX Likes : 3851

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:12 AM

View PostZippy, on 15 December 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

Boy, this thread takes me back. My first experience with the online golf equipment community was with the CBS Sports forums. Some dude named Dougweight loved to stir the pot, and there was this guy PRadetsky who always seemed to know his stuff and was really good at handling the ruckus. I followed the link in his sig and found GolfOpinions.com. I became one of the more prolific posters in the early days under the name Roydjt and saw the community come into full bloom. Paul R did a great job every year of documenting the PGA shows, and we seemed to have some nice inside connections for information on the newest gear. The pools that SnowDale ran for each major were a ton of fun. We had knowledgeable, friendly, enthusiastic people everywhere. I want to say that GO.com started up around 2000, maybe a couple of years before that. One day this guy BigHitter showed up and he started to whore up the boards. He was answering every question about everything to anybody and it seemed that the answer was always the deep face TM300 driver with a Fujikura Speeder 757. This was around the time of the USGA's ruling about COR, and he was positive that 0.86 would be the limit. He was selling heads for like $500 apiece that were in the .83-.86 range. Shortly afterwards he founded BombsquadGolf.com and a flock of formerly loyal GO.com members followed him over there. Once the COR ruling came out, people were generally pissed off that they spent $800 on a club that was rendered useless. When business dealings went sour, I had people coming to me to see what kind of avenues they could pursue to get their money back. Paul filled me in on the conditions of his exit, and I could not have been more disgusted. I kept an eye on how BSG progressed, and I wasn't surprised by the success, but I was shocked by the amount of corruption that seemed to be going on. For the record, I've been banned from that site twice and both times I had no idea what I had done to deserve it. The last time I was around there, they were offering a $20,000 package of fittings and equipment that was just silly. Over the years, GolfOpinions continued to dwindle. The last few years it's been hardly a trickle. A new owner bought the site from the original group a few years back and promised to bring it back toward significance, but I think it was just a move to try to pump traffic toward his own site, PutterTalk.com. The forums were hardly moderated and the owner was completely absent. The few active members left at the time were turned away. At some point, GolfWRX bought the site and we were excited that someone would actually do something with it, but it's only shriveled away from there. It's weird to think that I've been browsing golf equipment forums for 15 years. I go back to when the Biggest Big Bertha was a hideous monstrosity and MacGregor was still forging their clubs here in the USA. AJ Tech was the s*** and nobody had heard of Fujikura yet. It's been a fun adventure. I'm glad to know that there is still a place to come to for unbiased, open sharing of opinions and information about the game of golf and its equipment. -Roy

Roy, I am glad your here and I mean it. Remember JMHGO abbreviations? I still have PRad's WITB burned into my hard drive. Firesole forged irons.

We bought GO to honor it and give it the respect it needed. We need to develop a strategy to develop it to its old glory. I works now and the older posts are all there.

Welcome and thanks for peaking your head in here and saying hello.

BTW... you can always change you name here. There is a sticky in the website help forum.
Twitter @richardaudi
easyyy WITB
richard@golfwrx.com

#337 Mitchell

Mitchell

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,064 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2251
GolfWRX Likes : 3494

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:24 AM

Easyyy,
Glad you are honoring what GO was all about. That was definitely a trip down memory lane- I remember trading a member (grabbard?) a mint set of J's professional weapon irons even out for a set of practically unhit Founders Club 200 series blades w/ FCM stepped 6.0. We both shipped USPS the same day and agreed that if condition was not agreeable to both, we would send back within a week of reception, we both kept the sets, and 2 iron still makes appearance in my bag-simpler times!

Edited by nochrome, 25 December 2013 - 04:26 AM.

Taylormade R580 10.5* Speeder VC 6.0
Taylormade 300 tour 15* YSQ fwy
King Cobra deepface 18* Fubuki z75 x5ct
Titleist DCI B 3,4,5 962b 6-pw s400
Vokey sm6 raw M 54* s400
Vokey sm6 raw M 60* s400
Cameron CT Laguna

#338 Jag80

Jag80

Tour Winner

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3533
  • Handicap:WTF?
  • Ebay ID:wash44
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:58 AM

I think a pretty good amount of us have gone through CBS, GO, GEA, BSG and now WRX.  Doesn't seem like more than 15 years, does it.  Man, time flies and so does golf equipment.

Edited by Jag80, 25 December 2013 - 08:59 AM.

#339 dxdgenert

dxdgenert

Dirtiest player in the game

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,245 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28908
  • Handicap:15.6
  • Ebay ID:dxdgenert
GolfWRX Likes : 421

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:41 PM

Man, those GO days were a blast. I went back a few nights ago and re-read some of my posts...  I was a real jerk! I'm glad that I've moved beyon... Who am I kidding, I can still be a huge jerk but really enjoy being a part of the dysfunctional family.

If possible, I'd love a way to bring back the ridiculous, bandwidth-sucking picture signatures that most of us had. Try getting a thread to load on 56.6k dial up with 43MB of those bad boys present!

Attached File  image.jpg   59.65K   5 downloads

Edited by dxdgenert, 06 January 2014 - 10:53 PM.

Cobra KING F7 driver w/ Fujikura Pro 60
Cobra KING F7 fairway w/ Fujikura Pro 65
Cobra KING F7 hybrid w/ Fujikura Pro 75H
Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 Utility 4 Iron
Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 5-GW
Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP Blue Tour Grind 56* and 60*
SeeMore PTM1
Bettinardi 2016 BB1F
Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1

#340 Dinosaur

Dinosaur

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 274577
  • Handicap:20.8
GolfWRX Likes : 269

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:00 AM

has anybody else used the old bulletin board forums?  I have long forgotten the codes we had to use just to post.

"Non rinunciare mai quello
che desideri...."
Go with what you know!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#341 smigin

smigin

Let others worry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101982
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:03 PM

This is about the most fascinating thread I have ever read and although it says I joined in 2010 I was a member a few years before but a family etc... made me lose touch, so much so I couldn't remember my login or password so had to re-register.
I remember BSG and being a member was exposed to and being stunned by the sales bitching and vitriol; anyway more than enough by more knowledgeable folk than me.

I really appreciate what you founders set up, the enduring spirit of the site and the knowledge and valued opinions that have become like a bible to me when I finally get to buy a beastie.

thanks to one and all

#342 Ayoung19

Ayoung19

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 308591
  • Handicap:+0.3
  • Ebay ID:a_young92
GolfWRX Likes : 765

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:21 PM

Very cool description of the site, never knew the real history behind it until now.
TM M1 460 Fujikura Pro 73X
TM M2 3 wood Fujikura Pro 73X
TM UDI 2 iron UST TSPX 85X
Adams A12 Pro Hybrid Matrix Ozik 100X
Mizuno JPX900 Forged 5-9 Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM6 46F 52F 56M 60M
TM Tour Spider Red

#343 jlt73

jlt73

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 182034
  • Handicap:20
  • Ebay ID:jlt73
GolfWRX Likes : 339

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:52 AM

I might give a bippity or a bop every now and then.. but never a bippity bop.  That's just gentlemanly
Ping G30 SFT (RIp Alpha)
Taylormade Jetspeed 3 Wood (RIP Alpha)
Taylormade SLDR 5 Wood (Kai'li)
Ping G25 (4-U) (Nippon 950gh)
Taylormade ATV 58*
Bettinardi Signature 6

#344 CMBaviator_FR

CMBaviator_FR

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 321335
  • Handicap:4.8
GolfWRX Likes : 52

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:39 AM

this website is awesome

by the way what does WRX means ? on an aircraft WRX means weather radar, lol :)

CMB
M2 2017 Driver @9.5° Fujikura 757 Speeder evolution I TS X Stiff
                M1 2017  Hybrid @ 17°Fujikura 869 Speeder Evolution I TS X Stiff
PW-5 APEX PRO C TAPER X
4-3 APEX CTAPER X +1.5° loft
Cleveland 56&52 CG12
Taylormade ghost tour putter

#345 PGAWill0713

PGAWill0713

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 330419
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:25 AM

Always wondered, pretty interesting.

Edited by PGAWill0713, 02 August 2014 - 12:25 AM.

#346 kgk

kgk

Slapshot

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6361
GolfWRX Likes : 186

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:42 PM

I have always associated it with car tuners.  "WRX" pronounced "works".

#347 bogeypro

bogeypro

The Original Bogeypro

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,698 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3842
  • Handicap:+1.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1429

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:08 PM

You forgot to mention Golfshackchat as well (some of us that left BSG went there as well).

GO was pretty cool back in the day.

Remember ham N egg golf forum?  They went private (pay site) and they dwindled down as well.

Wow, I've been around these forums waaay too long.  I would have to say I got my golf forum start on FGI probably 12 or 13 years ago.

Edited by bogeypro, 14 October 2014 - 01:09 PM.

Titleist 917 D3 9.5*
Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
Titleist 917 F2 5 wood
Titleist 718 TMB 3-pw
Titleist Vokey SM6 52f/58m
putter: who knows... I 3 putt with all of them

#348 bogeypro

bogeypro

The Original Bogeypro

• 2,698 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3842
  • Handicap:+1.5
GolfWRX Likes : 1429

Posted 14 October 2014 - 01:26 PM

View Postseasuks, on 09 January 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

View Poststage1350, on 29 December 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

The Rareguitar outing in Va Beach was another example of the moron showing his true colors.  Rareguitar (Brad) put out a lot of time and money to make that happen and those of us who went were treated to a TPC course set up for PGA.  We played TPC Virginia Beach the week before the Va Beach Open.

Where Mandal-boy could have shown up with a bucket of clubs and had a good chance of selling them all, he didn't show at all.  Didn't support the outing with prizes or discounted prizes.  And later, turned on Brad when he was showing off his different clubs and toys.  (His Ferrari was sweet!)

That was a tough pill to swallow for those of us that had been invited into his home to meet his wife and children and enjoy a nice BBQ/kegger that he set up.  It was easy to see who the good guy was and who was the POS.

After that, every time he would ban/alienate a good member, a dozen other members would leave with the good guy.

Wow, this thread brings back a lot of memories.  Mostly of email exchanges with Todd telling him he was losing the site and why and him eventually banning me until, you guessed it 2036.  I don't remember when I joined here but I know it was early and since the fallout of everything, I had pretty much signed off on golf forums.  Especially since I've had the same set of clubs in my bag since 2005.

Brad put so much time and effort into that outting it was an absolute disgrace to read the reasons from Todd why he couldn't/wouldn't attend.  After talking to those that had played with him in the past it quickly became apparent that it was because he coulnd't play to the level they said they could and they didn't want to be figured out.  I made a lot of great friends on BSG, including Stage, and I've kept in contact with several of them over the last five or six years since we were all "Exiled" for various reasons including BLav28 who is my regular golfing buddy here in San Diego these days.

A lot has changed in my life in the last five years, I got married, did three deployments with the Navy, had another kid, and moved to San Diego, but through it all, those guys that I became good friends with on BSG have always been there to keep me laughing.  Even when I was 9,000 miles away with crappy internet access on a frigate bobbing along in the Persian Gulf.

It's nice to see what this place has become.  I'll have to start perusing around the forums again and get caught up on the latest stuff now that I'm off of a ship and actually have a little time to play every once in a while.  Congrats on the site easyyy, it has come a really long way!

Sea, its great to see you around!  I remember coming over from Richmond and playing with you and Brad at TPC. One of the best memories of that day was a sea gull or some kind of big bird picking up Brad's ball from the fairway and dropping it like 80 yards on down the fairway.  LOL

Was so windy, we were hitting 150 drivers into the wind.  LOL!!

Edited by bogeypro, 14 October 2014 - 01:39 PM.

Titleist 917 D3 9.5*
Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
Titleist 917 F2 5 wood
Titleist 718 TMB 3-pw
Titleist Vokey SM6 52f/58m
putter: who knows... I 3 putt with all of them

#349 Steelhead

Steelhead

Tour Winner

• 735 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3852
  • Ebay ID:Runwild
GolfWRX Likes : 210

Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:43 PM

Bogey pro you are 10 members ahead of me! I was like #500 but changed my name with a new account and am #3852. I remember a lot of the old BSG & WRX posts and the back and forth. Geez we all spend way too much time on these forums :read: . Good to remember how entertaining Ham & Egg, GO were( from way back!)
G400 Max - 9*
Ryoma F3 - 15*
Ping G400 - 19*
Titleist 718 AP1, 4 thru Gap
Titleist SM 7 - 52*, 58*
Dandy Putter

#350 roho

roho

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2891
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:36 PM

I stumbled on this thread and started to read it.  It brought back old memories.  I think I qualify as an early joiner.  I used to be active like Roy at Golf Opinions but mainly spent most of my time at FGI. I had a different user name but don't remember what it was.  Back then I was interested in club building and fgi was mainly a componet site.  I learned more about club building from that site than from anywhere else.  Especially one member named Tim Hewitt who used to run the Ostrich site for golf supplies.  Unfortunately due to the economy he took a job overseas and never came back. I don't think there isn't a golf forum I haven't tried.  Others that I used to frequent were 4gea and Myrtle beach golf talk. I joined clubwrx because of the policy of no nonsence.  I left fgi after being flamed and abused one too many times.  Over the years I have lost interest in componets since most are not very good anymore.  I'm retired and my game is slowly deteriating so I buy most of my brand name equipment now from ebay that is at least 1-2 old.  I love looking at all the latest clubs at clubwrx, members posting pics of bags at tourneys etc.  I not much of a poster anymore but do enjoy lurking in the forums.  Thanks clubwrx,  good job.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#351 jsn1018

jsn1018

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 178916
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:30 PM

It's fascinating, not only golfwrx, but how many other "forums" start so simple and grew to be expansive. The "if you build it, they will come" quote comes to mind... I'm new but sure am glad I started being more active here.  I'm really enjoying this place....

#352 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • 11,602 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
GolfWRX Likes : 6207

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:57 PM

View Postjgwak2, on 10 December 2014 - 08:30 PM, said:

It's fascinating, not only golfwrx, but how many other "forums" start so simple and grew to be expansive. The "if you build it, they will come" quote comes to mind... I'm new but sure am glad I started being more active here.  I'm really enjoying this place....

Welcome! Be careful this place can get expensive and addicting!

#353 nitram

nitram

Take Dead Aim

• 5,079 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28973
  • Ebay ID:fmrtrp
GolfWRX Likes : 1183

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:14 PM

View Postscratchswinger, on 10 December 2014 - 08:57 PM, said:

Welcome! Be careful this place can get expensive and addicting!

Understatement of the year
JBeam BM-435 Blackout 10* Matrix TP7HDX
TEE CBX 15* Accra Tour-Z RPG 382
Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle 19* Veylix Rome 988X
PING S55 4-W DGTI X100
PING Glide 2.0 Stealth 50SS, 56SS, & 60ES DGTI S400
Bettinardi Tour DASS Minovai 2.0

#354 irvtrain

irvtrain

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63938
  • Handicap:.4
GolfWRX Likes : 223

Posted 18 December 2014 - 12:18 PM

Man, this thread is a trip. I used to love BSG. Because of that site, I became good friends with SuperFonzie in real life. Unfortunately, like probably other well known members on there and here, he has quit golf altogether and these sites. I remember he would always have new equipment almost quarterly and was always looking to swap drivers with me. When people were getting banned I decided come here more often. I remember even certain names like Ari (from Scratch) and company names would get the *** treatment. It became an odd place. I stuck around BSG until the infamous site went off line for about a week and everyone came on here to discuss what was going on with that site. Even Petter7 showed up here for that discussion. Anyway, I still check out BSG from time to time but you can literally hear crickets in there. Hoss is still a good source for hard to find equipment and isn't charging outrageous prices. I just picked up a 10.5* Mini SLDR from him for less than a new driver off the rack. I still have my 16* Adams 5050 from them. It has found its way in and out of the bag for the past 7 years.

Anyway, this site has been great and getting tips for my golf trips is second to none. Love this site!!

#355 psygolf

psygolf

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7429
GolfWRX Likes : 80

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:01 PM

Anyone remember when Gypsy Golf was the coolest place to visit online & the only outlet for tour equipment back in the day?

:-)

#356 cota0429

cota0429

Major Winner

• 2,055 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32528
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 2787

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:02 PM

View Postpsygolf, on 22 April 2015 - 05:01 PM, said:

Anyone remember when Gypsy Golf was the coolest place to visit online & the only outlet for tour equipment back in the day?

I live about an hour from there.  Used to stop in all the time!
M3 460 9.5 Tensei V3 Pro Orange 70TX
Ping G400 14.5 Veylix Rome 888
TM 790UDI 2iron Project PXi 6.5
Tour Issue Nike Vapor Splits 4-PW TW Specs
SM7 52F, 56M, Oven Green Dot Engage 60 TS
TW Prototype 001

WITB http://www.golfwrx.c...ked-witb-52215/

#357 Mitchell

Mitchell

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,064 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2251
GolfWRX Likes : 3494

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:09 PM

View Postpsygolf, on 22 April 2015 - 05:01 PM, said:

Remember when they were cool, also remember when they shut down and still had a bunch of customer equipment, including my MP14 set they were reshafting, had to use extraordinary measures to get them back, not exactly a fan!
Taylormade R580 10.5* Speeder VC 6.0
Taylormade 300 tour 15* YSQ fwy
King Cobra deepface 18* Fubuki z75 x5ct
Titleist DCI B 3,4,5 962b 6-pw s400
Vokey sm6 raw M 54* s400
Vokey sm6 raw M 60* s400
Cameron CT Laguna

#358 Sean2

Sean2

#TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

• 30,077 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 17481

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:27 PM

This was the first golf forum I found. I have learned a lot about golf, golf equipment, and other golf related topics on GolfWRX. You can ask just about any golf related question and someone here will have an answer for you.

It's a terrific place to hang out.
Callaway Rogue
Callaway GBB Epic 16º/20º/24º
Callaway Steelhead XR 25º
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54º/58º
Callaway "O" Works #7

#359 sappytop

sappytop

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 378034
  • Handicap:9.4
GolfWRX Likes : 178

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:20 PM

i'm a very new member.  i searched for a golf forums site because the hockey boards i was on were full of vitriol and negativity...scraps and fights and arguments everywhere, kinda like the game i guess.

i reasoned that golf is a gentlemanly sport and played by people who respect rules, etiquette and are an overall polite bunch, so it's time to join a new community.

it's a great place to hang out.  told my wife last night that my new golfing buddies are awesome.

#360 stage1350

stage1350

If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,505 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 664
  • Ebay ID:stage1350
GolfWRX Likes : 2720

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:33 PM

Fast forward and I've spent ten years of my life posting here...we'll have to revisit again at the 15 year mark.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors