Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* - - - - 4 votes

Rocket blades

93 replies to this topic

#61 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

The Hans Gruber

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,755 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 5426

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

View Postchickenpotpie, on 24 December 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

View PostMtlJeff, on 24 December 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

View Postchickenpotpie, on 24 December 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

Here's where you guys are missing the boat, including you Thrill.  Say I have a "traditional" OTR set with lofts of 23, 27, and 30 degrees (4-6 irons).  For me, these would get me 190-195, 185-190, and 180-185 respectively.  Even properly fit, I'd maybe eke out a couple extra yards, but there would be the same gaps.  I cannot hit a traditional 3 iron (20 degree) farther than that 4 iron distance either.  I simply could not elevate these traditional irons the way they needed to be, even with their lower COG's (according to Tom).

Enter the Rocketbladez.  I am hitting the 4 iron (20 deg) about 210 consistently, the 5 iron 195-200, and the 6 iron 185-190.  I hit the 7 iron a little farther than my current 7, and from there down the yardages are similar to what I've hit before.

IMO, the long irons do what other OTR sets have not.  Maybe it's a proper fitting issue.  I don't really care.   Even if the COG is higher on these than a traditional iron, as Tom asserts (I am not going to challenge him on that), for whatever reason, I am hitting these long irons farther than other long irons I've hit in the past, and with more confidence.  With past 3 irons and 4 irons I was capped on how far I could hit the ball.  Now I'm not, and I have proper gaps, with an OTR set.

It's not all marketing folks.  For me, the technology worked, and I will defend its impact on my game.

If it works for you and makes you better , then you are right to buy them.

It doesn't concern you at all that in scoring irons you have less options? A normal modern set has 6 irons between 30 and 50 degrees. The Rbladez have 5

all the stronger lofting IMO had created a bunch at the bottom of the set where you rarely need it (how many 3-5 irons do you hit into greens?) and created gaps at the top end where you are likely to need it more. I certainly use my 7-PW a ton more then my 3-5

I demoed the bladez not long enough to be an expert by any means. But in my limited use i did notice larger gaps. Mostly because there is an extra degree between each iron. That was enough for me to be more then 10yds difference on full swings.

I don't know if TM cares much about this aspect though, not when you can say your 5 iron is longer then then most 3 irons

For me, nothing has really changed in the short irons.  My gaps are still preserved at the short end, and I haven't added 10 yards to my gap wedge!!  I didn't mention it here (I did elsewhere), but I haven't carried a 5 iron for awhile...I went from 4 iron straight to 6 iron.  I had to add an extra hybrid on top of my old 4 iron to get that 205 carry I need at times.  Now I can drop that hybrid and put the 5 iron back in where it belongs.

Deck said it...the height is key.  I'd also add that I am getting more ball speed with the longer irons.  This is really noticeable on misses.

see my reply to TOMG, i think the way i phrased it was misleading, sorry about that

edit*** to add to it, essentially i just believe TM has flipped the set, creating 3-4 degree gaps at the lower end and 5 degree gaps at the higher end, whereas most sets have the larger gaps in the 3-5 irons. You could argue that makes the longer clubs longer by comparison but leads to wider gaps in the scoring clubs. If you don't find this to be the case then maybe they are in fact the right set for you, or if your are a shorter hitter and use long irons more then short irons, again they may be perfect

Edited by MtlJeff, 24 December 2012 - 11:24 PM.

Cobra Bio Cell+ 8.5 w/Ozik Red Tie
Cobra Bio Cell 13 w/PXV
Callaway Xhot Pro 16 w/PXV
Mizuno JPX825 wS300
Mizuno MPr-12 56 and 60 / Spinner
Odyssey Tank #7

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#62 Pinsplitter59

Pinsplitter59

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132387
GolfWRX Likes : 116

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

"Proper golf club? More satisfying? What a joke......"
that is a very revealing comment thanks.
and I think it is actually one big reason why there is so much disagreement on this forum.
if you don't understand the difference then humbly I would suggest there is a piece missing from your golf education.
It's the difference between YOU making the shot and the CLUB making the shot.
The purpose of all this GI and SGI  stuff is to take the golfer out of the game.
With a proper golf club you know where the ball is going from  feeling the strike and where the ball was on the club face.
With GI clubs you don't get nearly the same feedback, you don't know where the ball really was on the club face and you don't know really where the ball is really going.
If you started playing with Ping Eye 2 clubs for example, and stayed on that path for all your golfing life, you would not know what I am talking about.
If it doesn't matter to you then fine, i am just saying you might be missing something real about golf.
Does Tiger need more distance? No.
Does Tiger value accuracy over distance? I would suggest yes is the answer.
Does Tiger use GI type clubs?

Guess it just depends on what sort of golfer you want to be.
This is an old worn out discussion/argument that can never be resolved, I know.
I fell for the GI promise back in the late 70's.

#63 deck

deck

Off The Deck

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,626 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123347
  • Handicap:8.7
  • Ebay ID:deck607
GolfWRX Likes : 936

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

Ok u got me back wondering what you ment before. When you say proper golf club you do not think the rocketbladez tours are proper golf clubs by your post above?

So you are saying the pro's who play them. Which are at least 4 I can think of right now are not playing proper golf clubs? The pro golfers I am reffering to are Sergio Garcia (won with these) Sean o'hair (won shark shoot out with these) Justin Leonard and rory sabatini are not playing proper golf clubs? Also there will be more playing these in the upcoming season.

Reason I am asking this is not to start a fight but clarifying your statement made to me. I stated that I played the rocketbladez tours not the standard models.
BB Alpha Tour ATX Green S 65
Big Bertha 15 Fubuki Z
X2Hot 22 ATX Green S
Apex 5-7, Apex Pro's 8-P C-tapers S
Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
Jailbird 34'

#64 EricZ116

EricZ116

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 170844
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

View PostPinsplitter59, on 24 December 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

"Proper golf club? More satisfying? What a joke......"
that is a very revealing comment thanks.
and I think it is actually one big reason why there is so much disagreement on this forum.
if you don't understand the difference then humbly I would suggest there is a piece missing from your golf education.
It's the difference between YOU making the shot and the CLUB making the shot.
The purpose of all this GI and SGI  stuff is to take the golfer out of the game.
With a proper golf club you know where the ball is going from  feeling the strike and where the ball was on the club face.
With GI clubs you don't get nearly the same feedback, you don't know where the ball really was on the club face and you don't know really where the ball is really going.
If you started playing with Ping Eye 2 clubs for example, and stayed on that path for all your golfing life, you would not know what I am talking about.
If it doesn't matter to you then fine, i am just saying you might be missing something real about golf.
Does Tiger need more distance? No.
Does Tiger value accuracy over distance? I would suggest yes is the answer.
Does Tiger use GI type clubs?

Guess it just depends on what sort of golfer you want to be.
This is an old worn out discussion/argument that can never be resolved, I know.
I fell for the GI promise back in the late 70's.

Tiger plays a VRS 3 iron (bent to 2 iron).

Also, if you're suggesting that everyone should be using the same clubs as PGA pros...

#65 Pinsplitter59

Pinsplitter59

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

ummmmmm... look i am trying to make a point about the difference between ME doing it and the CLUB doing it for me.
It is hard to say where the distinction really lies.
I could not possibly play with my dad's Slazenger Frank Philips irons from the 60's,
nor could I play with the then GI, Wilson LT 2000 I once had in the late 70's.
To me its like the difference between making an original painting myself versus colouring in by numbers to make a painting.
Its a luxury I can afford to explore being a club golfer.
If I was a tour pro with money and my card on the line I would probably be grovelling on my knees outside the TM tour van begging for help.

Pros win tournaments with these clubs sure, and lots more don't win tournaments with them.
GI clubs are oddly far more important to the average tour pro than to the club golfer.
Its a desperate grasp at something to help, when the golfer thinks he can't improve his swing, or is too lazy to practice,
or can't find a good teacher, or needs to make a few bucks to feed the kids next week.

To me, its a choice.
Original versus paint by numbers.
I think a lot of it started with the Ping Eye 2 1 iron that nearly every pro used to carry.
It was so easy to hit , it was like cheating.

But I still say that there is a big difference between making a great shot with a proper golf club and having a GI club do half the work for you.
If you want to contact me I am in my cold stone cell flagellating myself and confessing all my sins,
while my brother monks are strolling around eating cake and talking to women.

#66 deck

deck

Off The Deck

• 3,626 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

This is an argument for a different thread. While I am against your post I will meet you over in the blades vs game improvement irons thread.

Proper golf club huh.
Big Bertha 15 Fubuki Z
X2Hot 22 ATX Green S
Jailbird 34'

#67 Pack7483

Pack7483

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 178002
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

question for all that say the feel is bad.  I have yet to hit these, but curious if a different shaft vs rocketfuels would help with feel?  I really want to order a set of standards with kbs tour shafts.

#68 Pinsplitter59

Pinsplitter59

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

On topic, all i can say is............
---->>   Remember The Bubble Shaft <<----------

#69 deck

deck

Off The Deck

• 3,626 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

View PostPinsplitter59, on 25 December 2012 - 01:07 AM, said:

On topic, all i can say is............
---->>   Remember The Bubble Shaft <<----------

I will not argue that point at all lol. Bubble shaft was not something to be proud of.
Big Bertha 15 Fubuki Z
X2Hot 22 ATX Green S
Jailbird 34'

#70 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

EVERYTHING'S COMING UP THRILLHOUSE!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,380 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140851
GolfWRX Likes : 2047

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

View Postchickenpotpie, on 24 December 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

Here's where you guys are missing the boat, including you Thrill.  Say I have a "traditional" OTR set with lofts of 23, 27, and 30 degrees (4-6 irons).  For me, these would get me 190-195, 185-190, and 180-185 respectively.  Even properly fit, I'd maybe eke out a couple extra yards, but there would be the same gaps.  I cannot hit a traditional 3 iron (20 degree) farther than that 4 iron distance either.  I simply could not elevate these traditional irons the way they needed to be, even with their lower COG's (according to Tom).

Enter the Rocketbladez.  I am hitting the 4 iron (20 deg) about 210 consistently, the 5 iron 195-200, and the 6 iron 185-190.  I hit the 7 iron a little farther than my current 7, and from there down the yardages are similar to what I've hit before.

IMO, the long irons do what other OTR sets have not.  Maybe it's a proper fitting issue.  I don't really care.   Even if the COG is higher on these than a traditional iron, as Tom asserts (I am not going to challenge him on that), for whatever reason, I am hitting these long irons farther than other long irons I've hit in the past, and with more confidence.  With past 3 irons and 4 irons I was capped on how far I could hit the ball.  Now I'm not, and I have proper gaps, with an OTR set.

It's not all marketing folks.  For me, the technology worked, and I will defend its impact on my game.

Hey if you're happy then I'm happy for you. I have no beef with taylormade (check my sig) and no problem with anyone who likes these clubs or likes to hit their irons farther, I've shared my views on the lofts, but that doesn't mean anyone else is wrong, we just see it differently.

Edited by profsmitty, 27 December 2012 - 09:47 AM.
Name calling has no place here.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#71 chuckyz2

chuckyz2

Chuckyz2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 196434
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

View Postjharpergolf, on 24 December 2012 - 12:36 AM, said:

Have anyone seen an increase in distance with the so called speed pocket or slot underneath?

Yes.  I have seen an increase in distance of 1 club length on the 4, 5 and 6.  1/2 club length on the P-7 and about the the same on the Awedge and Swedge.

I have also noticed that they go higher in spite of the loft.  So the jacked lofts comments are irrellevant.

They bite better because they land softer because they are higher and the decent angle is steeper.

They are very accurate in distantance.  Same swing gets same same distance every time.

They are very accurate in dispersion.

They are very forgiving.  Double sized sweet spot.  They even launch if hit low on the face.

They are by far the most forgiving, accurate and longest iron I have ever hit.  By far.

If your into looks or feel, like a lot people, I'm sorry.  I'm into results and these perform beautifully.
When I look down I can easily align them, so to me, they look good.  They sound different.  But thats
BECAUSE THEY ARE! FOR THE BETTER!  : )

My shafts have been trimmed to under the industry standardm of 38" 4 iron and 1/2" increments down to the Sand wedge..

My shaft lengths are:

4.  38.25
5   37.75
6.  37.25
7   36.75

Industry Standard

4i  38.5
5i  38
6i  37.5
7i  37
8i  36.5
9   36
p   35.5

Off the shelf RBladez

4i  38.875
5i  38.25
6i  37.625
7i  37
8i  36.5
9i  36
p   35.5
I have also spine aligned my shafts and will say it made a huge difference.

I play alot and know for a fact that these are as advertised.  But you need to true the shafts.
In my set, only the 8i was close and the rest were way off.

My opinion is unbiased.  I payed full pop and Taylormade didnt crush my driver.

It is my opinion that TM is way ahead of their time.  The RBZ line of fairways, hybrids and irons are awesome.
They have helped me drop many strokes and as I get use to them they are still dropping.

Edited by chuckyz2, 25 December 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#72 Caesar Palache

Caesar Palache

So I got that going for me, which is nice

• 2,596 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 182718
  • Handicap:+0.2
GolfWRX Likes : 543

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

View PostWT Door, on 24 December 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

View PostGolfjunki71, on 24 December 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

View Postgolfcaddy1969, on 24 December 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

I will demo these again but I thought this model had a terrible feel. Anyone else. I did hit the sweet spot several times and it just had an awful feel to it.

I agree . Terrible feel and not as accurate as my Mizuno. I till try the tours.

+1 here.  Glad they work for some folks but a few extra yards (which I didn't actually see) is not worth the increased dispersion and awful feel.

you guys are right, the feel is pretty bad in the standards. as for the tours its much better. i think everyone can agree nothing beats a mizuno, but the tours feel great

View Postcmherrbach, on 24 December 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

Such a shame to see good and respected members acting like children. Perhaps you gentlemen (thrill and ceasar) should just agree to disagree, and have a merry Christmas. Too much hostility and testosterone flying around these threads now days.

yeah as i said before my comment wasnt supposed to come across rude to thrill, i just meant he was using the same argument everyone uses who just looks at the lofts and doesnt know much else about the clubs. ive tried to ignore him since then to help everyone else who has had questions but he kept going on with his egging and continues to call me names. i didnt want to come across as childish and thats why i have ignored him since then, i hope you saw i was making an effort to end the behavior. again i wasnt trying to come across rude or hostile and i guess it did sound that way but thats not the poster i am, i try to politely answer everyone in here who had something honest to say or question. wasnt my intention to get him riled up and hostile.

Edited by Caesar Palache, 25 December 2012 - 09:04 PM.

Taylormade SLDR 430 10.5* Oban White
Taylormade SLDR Mini 14* Diamana S+ 72
Taylormade SLDR 17* 2 Hybrid S+ 82
Taylormade 4-6 CB & 7-PW MC CT Lite
Taylormade Tour Preferred 54* 60* ATV
Taylormade Spider Mallet

#73 Caesar Palache

Caesar Palache

• 2,596 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

View PostPack7483, on 25 December 2012 - 12:48 AM, said:

question for all that say the feel is bad.  I have yet to hit these, but curious if a different shaft vs rocketfuels would help with feel?  I really want to order a set of standards with kbs tour shafts.

i hit them with the rocketfuels, and the feel was ok, but at times it was really bad. then i hit them with a stiffer shaft and wow totally different feel and much much better. still it feels like a game improvement/cavity back club

standards with kbs tours are a money setup i would say
Taylormade Spider Mallet

#74 Golfrnut

Golfrnut

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,926 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132818
GolfWRX Likes : 348

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

Thrillhouse, you can give it up man...

From an outside perspective, you really aren't "sticking it to" anyone as you put it, you are just kind of making yourself look like a complete arse trying to drag the silliness on and on.
Taylormade SLDR 9.5 w/ stiff Speeder 57
Callaway 3 Deep 14.5 w/ PXv 6.0
Stage 2 18.5/21.5  rescue w/ Steelfiber
Bridgestone J40 CB 4-PW w/ Steelfiber
Scratch 53/58 wedges w/ Steelfiber i80
Odyssey Protype 2-Ball

#75 Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

EVERYTHING'S COMING UP THRILLHOUSE!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,380 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140851
GolfWRX Likes : 2047

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

I stand by my view that your initial response to me wasn't very respectful and I wish you'd just said "my bad" but whatever, it didn't go down like that.

In any case I've been a little over agressive in my response and that's not great either, so while I stand by my initial response after reading your above post more carefully I realize that you are taking responsibility for how your comments came across.  I'll take responsibility for my part in this matter in the hopes that we can move on.

Edited by profsmitty, 27 December 2012 - 09:49 AM.
Deleted posts removed

#76 cobrastang

cobrastang

cobrastang

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 188374
  • Ebay ID:mustang0830
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

I didn't notice a huge difference over my r11's on a launch monitor.  My r11's felt better too.  I think it was the rbz 85 shafts that didn't impress me.

#77 Caesar Palache

Caesar Palache

• 2,596 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

View Postcobrastang, on 26 December 2012 - 10:20 AM, said:

I didn't notice a huge difference over my r11's on a launch monitor.  My r11's felt better too.  I think it was the rbz 85 shafts that didn't impress me.

im assuming your R11's have kbs tour 90s for the shafts? that combination was a very good feeling club in my opinion
Taylormade Spider Mallet

#78 1puttwoods

1puttwoods

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101203
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

Call me vain, call me whatever you want.  Currently I play MC's, I'm sort of interested in the Rocketbladz Tours but have put a lot of work tweaking my irons, back weighting, moi matching, bla bla bla.....I don't change irons just to change to the latest and greatest.....but for me if I can hit a RocketBladez 7 iron as far as my 6 iron regardless of "jacked" lofts with just as much or more consistency why wouldn't I play the new equipment.

#79 MileHighClub

MileHighClub

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123991
GolfWRX Likes : 319

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.
Callaway FT-iz 9*
Ping G15 4W 17*
Taylormade 09 Rescue 19*, 22*
Ping G25 5-9, PW, UW
Cleveland CG14 54*, 58*
Odyssey Original White Hot 2 Ball

#80 chuckyz2

chuckyz2

Chuckyz2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

Tom W said, "Bottom line: 98% of the claims that say "we had to make the lofts lower to counteract the effect of the low CG" are bogus - the company is saying this to cover up the fact that the real reason they lowered the lofts was to sell more clubs on the basis of this model hits the ball farther."

I have nothing but respect for your knowledge Tom. I am curious however, if it is not the lower CG that is launching these higher, then what is?  Because they are launching higher wih less spin. And before you say its the shaft, I have KBS Tours, and they have a stiffer tip that rduces spin and lowers trajectory also.  Yet these still launch higher.  Again, not questioning your scientific knowledge, just curious if its not the lower CG, then what mysterious element is causing these to launch em higher without th increased spin that causes ballooning?  Thanks

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#81 BirdieBob

BirdieBob

LOFT UP+ 17/1700

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12966
GolfWRX Likes : 167

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

View Postchuckyz2, on 26 December 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

Tom W said, "Bottom line: 98% of the claims that say "we had to make the lofts lower to counteract the effect of the low CG" are bogus - the company is saying this to cover up the fact that the real reason they lowered the lofts was to sell more clubs on the basis of this model hits the ball farther."

I have nothing but respect for your knowledge Tom. I am curious however, if it is not the lower CG that is launching these higher, then what is?  Because they are launching higher wih less spin. And before you say its the shaft, I have KBS Tours, and they have a stiffer tip that rduces spin and lowers trajectory also.  Yet these still launch higher.  Again, not questioning your scientific knowledge, just curious if its not the lower CG, then what mysterious element is causing these to launch em higher without th increased spin that causes ballooning?  Thanks

The RBladez really have to be compared loft wise to their predecessor the Burner 2.0.
The fact is that the RBladez 6 iron is 1/2* stronger than the Burner 2.0 and the 3 iron is 1* stonger.
This IS because the CG is lower on the RBladez compared to the Burner 2.0.

http://www.golfwrx.c...40#entry5844771

So, the question then can be turned to the Burner 2.0.... were the lofts on it "Jacked"?
And then you compare it with its predecessor the Burner and so on......

The Speed Pocket on the RBladez help increase height on the lower than CG strikes so it will help when one compares the RB with the Burner 2.0.
TM JDM TP 10*430 SLDR, AD-DI 6x Black LE
TM Stage 2 13 TS, 16.5*, AD-DI 7x
TM `14 TP MB 9,P, Recoil Proto 110 X
Vokey TVD 50, 54, 58 Custom Birdie Bob

#82 ellemarit

ellemarit

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116514
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

I went to golf galaxy for none tour version of it.
currently I play with diablo forged with KBS tour stiff I been playing it 2 years now I hit 7 iron 150-160.
with RB 7iron(stock stiff) i made about 20 demo shot average was 165(shortest) - 189(longest)  carry 160 rolled 10~20 yard.
feels ok, I mean it is ok, not like bad or not acceptable anything like that it is good to ok feeling
looks ok as well. much better than this years Rocket ballz iron
anyway well i am not going to  buy it cause my diablo forged has less than 5 yard roll. this thing has 10~20 yard roll.
if I can I don't want any roll on irons (well i might need to try tour version has this much roll)
also don't need 7 iron 189 yard long than i need too much wedges and I am not going to need hybrid  and woods
if i don't have any club  i would buy RB + 4 wedges and driver  LOL

Edited by ellemarit, 26 December 2012 - 02:25 PM.

#83 chuckyz2

chuckyz2

Chuckyz2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

View PostBirdieBob, on 26 December 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

The RBladez really have to be compared loft wise to their predecessor the Burner 2.0.
The fact is that the RBladez 6 iron is 1/2* stronger than the Burner 2.0 and the 3 iron is 1* stonger.

So, the question then can be turned to the Burner 2.0.... were the lofts on it "Jacked"?

The Speed Pocket on the RBladez help increase height on the lower than CG strikes so it will help when one compares the RB with the Burner 2.0.

You compare by sheet specs if you like.  I compare by actual performance. Though the specs are interesting they have absolutely no influence on my opinion.  I dont care what the manufacturers do to get the results I want.  And for interests sake the fact that they are higher and longer than the burners, makes me wonder why, if its not the CG, then what is it?  Whether it is the CG, the slot, the soft face or some secret ingredient that hasnt been seen or discussed, makes no difference and will not make me like them any less.....or more.  And what made the cgbs and the burners launch higher than the others and go longer?  And why do these go higher and longer to even those but with precise consistancy?  I dont know.  If I never know, I  wont care.  Just glad to have them and couldnt be happier with their performance.

They are bad as s  and thats all I know.  Why?  I'll let the pros figure it out.  Or not.  : )

#84 BirdieBob

BirdieBob

LOFT UP+ 17/1700

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12966
GolfWRX Likes : 167

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

View Postchuckyz2, on 26 December 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

View PostBirdieBob, on 26 December 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

You compare by sheet specs if you like.  I compare by actual performance. Though the specs are interesting they have absolutely no influence on my opinion.  I dont care what the manufacturers do to get the results I want.  And for interests sake the fact that they are higher and longer than the burners, makes me wonder why, if its not the CG, then what is it?  Whether it is the CG, the slot, the soft face or some secret ingredient that hasnt been seen or discussed, makes no difference and will not make me like them any less.....or more.  And what made the cgbs and the burners launch higher than the others and go longer?  And why do these go higher and longer to even those but with precise consistancy?  I dont know.  If I never know, I  wont care.  Just glad to have them and couldnt be happier with their performance.

They are bad as s  and thats all I know.  Why?  I'll let the pros figure it out.  Or not.  : )

My reference was to the term used alot about the RBladez...... "Jacked" lofts.
In fact they are not Jacked when compared to their predecessor iron, the Burner 2.0.
That is all.  If they perform then that is what is important just like the Burner 2.0 performed for those that have them.

So, if they launch higher (than the Burner 2.0) then that would be because of the Speed Pocket, which is the only significant difference between them and the Burner 2.0 with some minor revisons to the weight characteristics of the head as detailed on the TM web site.

If they launch higher than your prior irons then that would depend on what iron you were playing with what lofts, offsets, and shaft.  Could be significant differences due to those specs.

http://www.golfwrx.c...00#entry5844941
"As for your second question, our Speed Pocket technology and advanced face design are primarily designed to deliver greater ball speed and consistency across the face. An additional benefit is a high launch angle."

The higher launch is primarily due to strikes lower on the clubface where the Speed Pocket has the most influence.  This is precisely why TM added the Speed Pocket to help elevate the ball on these lower strikes.

Edited by BirdieBob, 26 December 2012 - 06:02 PM.

TM JDM TP 10*430 SLDR, AD-DI 6x Black LE
TM Stage 2 13 TS, 16.5*, AD-DI 7x
TM `14 TP MB 9,P, Recoil Proto 110 X
Vokey TVD 50, 54, 58 Custom Birdie Bob

#85 BILLYMALOOLY

BILLYMALOOLY

Waiting & Wishing

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 61639
  • Handicap:3.1
  • Ebay ID:checker225
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

there not back with the ci6's or before that is when the gi irons got jacked ther not much off the wilson ci6s in fact 8 - p is weaker lofted still then the wilson ci's. and i dont care either as long as the feel ok  and i hit them strait they will be in my bag soon.

stage2  TP 9.5 STIFF STOCK
ROCKETBALLZ TOUR 3 STIFF STOCK
ROCKETBALLZ TOUR TP 3 HIGH-STIFF STOCK
R11 4-G KBS STIFF
white hot # 7
VR2 PRO 54-58 RAW

#86 profsmitty

profsmitty

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 2,572 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20611

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

Members, I just want to remind anyone who needs a refresher course in the posting rules we live by in this community, we expect everyone who posts here to live by one standard - take the high road.

Specifically,
  • While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matter.

This rule applies to all members, whether it is your first post or your 10,000th post. Maybe it applies in a very special way to posters with many posts. You set an example for new members. What you do sets an informal standard for new members. Set that standard at a high level, not at a level that will lead to issues for them down the line.

Thanks

#87 chuckyz2

chuckyz2

Chuckyz2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

View Postprofsmitty, on 27 December 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

Members, I just want to remind anyone who needs a refresher course in the posting rules we live by in this community, we expect everyone who posts here to live by one standard - take the high road.

Specifically,
  • While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matter.

This rule applies to all members, whether it is your first post or your 10,000th post. Maybe it applies in a very special way to posters with many posts. You set an example for new members. What you do sets an informal standard for new members. Set that standard at a high level, not at a level that will lead to issues for them down the line.

Thanks

Many rules have already been broken.  Yet the ungentleman like behaviour and name calling posts are still there for all to see.  ????  Shouldnt those be edited or deleted??  Letting people off with a warning of banning is ok.  Yet letting the post remain that break the rules should be edited immediately.

The thing that attracts me to this game the most, is that it is considered a gentlemans game.  And proper ediquette in this game should and will learn us and follow us into the world outside of  golf.  Those that have not been shown the proper way way to act on the course, should be reminded of gentlemanlike conduct here as this is one of the main golf forums on the web.  And what kind of example do you want to be for those interested in this game. Not to mention the young and the ladies that I'm sure frequent this site.

Golf has changed my life. I have learned to act like more like a gentleman on the course than anywhere I previously frequented.  Why should a forum on golf be  run any different.  If you left a ballmark,  go repair it.  If you dont, somebody from the course should.  If you throw chunks on the fairway, have the decency to throw some seeded sand on them.  And please be careful not to tread on others lines.  And  the handicap system is in place to make it a fair paying field for all.  Give a fair amount of strokes to the less talented and new golfers.

Back to the topic:  Equipment advantages have played a major role in determining who wins the Jacket and who does not all through the history of this game.  The best golfers back in the day learned how important it was to tweek and tune and experiment with ther clubs.  And they were better because of it.  Spine aligning was known and kept secret for several decades.  The legends all built and tuned their clubs meticulously and most did the work themselves.  Was that considered cheating?  It was a huge advantage over the others.  No.  It wasnt.  And why would it be now?  If someone can design a club that is easier to play, why would that be considered wrong.  If it is wrong, than everyone should be playing with wood shafts and little blades.  Presimmon heads and cruddy balls.  Advancements in tehnology have been introduced from the beginning and they have helped to make this impossible game more tolerable for the main population of players.  If not for these advances there would surely be a lot less people in this game.  And when all the advances are available to all the people, how can it then be considered unfair or wrong.

It is so obvius thatthe main flak about such advances in eqipment cme from those that are blessed with the abilityto hit the center of the clubface consistantly.  The scratch players dont want us to have it too easy.

I'm old an not blessed with a consistant swing.  If I like GI irons, tuff tissles.

If your a traditiolist, then be a traditionalist and play presimmons and wood shafts.  Who are you to say when tradition starts if not at the beginnng with the  first clubs used in competition.

Technology has always been there so it is tradition.  And those whose embrace it are the true traditionalist.

#88 profsmitty

profsmitty

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 2,572 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20611

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

View Postchuckyz2, on 27 December 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

View Postprofsmitty, on 27 December 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

Specifically,

Thanks

Many rules have already been broken.  Yet the ungentleman like behaviour and name calling posts are still there for all to see.  ????  Shouldnt those be edited or deleted??  Letting people off with a warning of banning is ok.  Yet letting the post remain that break the rules should be edited immediately.

The thing that attracts me to this game the most, is that it is considered a gentlemans game.  And proper ediquette in this game should and will learn us and follow us into the world outside of  golf.  Those that have not been shown the proper way way to act on the course, should be reminded of gentlemanlike conduct here as this is one of the main golf forums on the web.  And what kind of example do you want to be for those interested in this game. Not to mention the young and the ladies that I'm sure frequent this site.

Golf has changed my life. I have learned to act like more like a gentleman on the course than anywhere I previously frequented.  Why should a forum on golf be  run any different.  If you left a ballmark,  go repair it.  If you dont, somebody from the course should.  If you throw chunks on the fairway, have the decency to throw some seeded sand on them.  And please be careful not to tread on others lines.  And  the handicap system is in place to make it a fair paying field for all.  Give a fair amount of strokes to the less talented and new golfers.

Back to the topic:  Equipment advantages have played a major role in determining who wins the Jacket and who does not all through the history of this game.  The best golfers back in the day learned how important it was to tweek and tune and experiment with ther clubs.  And they were better because of it.  Spine aligning was known and kept secret for several decades.  The legends all built and tuned their clubs meticulously and most did the work themselves.  Was that considered cheating?  It was a huge advantage over the others.  No.  It wasnt.  And why would it be now?  If someone can design a club that is easier to play, why would that be considered wrong.  If it is wrong, than everyone should be playing with wood shafts and little blades.  Presimmon heads and cruddy balls.  Advancements in tehnology have been introduced from the beginning and they have helped to make this impossible game more tolerable for the main population of players.  If not for these advances there would surely be a lot less people in this game.  And when all the advances are available to all the people, how can it then be considered unfair or wrong.

It is so obvius thatthe main flak about such advances in eqipment cme from those that are blessed with the abilityto hit the center of the clubface consistantly.  The scratch players dont want us to have it too easy.

I'm old an not blessed with a consistant swing.  If I like GI irons, tuff tissles.

If your a traditiolist, then be a traditionalist and play presimmons and wood shafts.  Who are you to say when tradition starts if not at the beginnng with the  first clubs used in competition.

Technology has always been there so it is tradition.  And those whose embrace it are the true traditionalist.
Believe me, most of the egregious posts have been removed. Have a great day.

#89 chuckyz2

chuckyz2

Chuckyz2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

View Postprofsmitty, on 27 December 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

Believe me, most of the egregious posts have been removed. Have a great day.

: ) Back atcha

Edited by chuckyz2, 29 December 2012 - 12:12 AM.

#90 chuckyz2

chuckyz2

Chuckyz2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:15 AM

The power slot.  If you don.t have it.....then you dont have it.

I love that phrase.   : )

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors