Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

INJURY cut middle and ring finger, tendons/nerves

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 marmooskapaul

marmooskapaul

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13039
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

As title says, cut my middle and ring finger on my right hand. Went to hand center in Indy had surgery to re-attach tendon and nerves. The therapist are talking long recovery...said I might be able to make a fist by June!!!
Anybody go through this and have any advice on recovering?
Paul

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 FLOGMR

FLOGMR

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131781
GolfWRX Likes : 90

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

I had surgery on my left hand about 20 years ago to repair broken bones (MC accident) and torn tendons.....took a year to come good....Not the news you want but it is the way of it for most folks
:sorry: .

#3 Johnny

Johnny

Get Kwok'd

• Marshals
  • 8,394 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 55

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

BIL did this ~2+ months back..but it was pinky and ring. He's a general contractor is just now almost able to make a fist.. not quite fully.  Keep doing the PT
Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

#4 KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE

KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 161101
GolfWRX Likes : 711

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery. Advice: Don't try the pinky scissor-hands grip

#5 Shambles

Shambles

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105681
GolfWRX Likes : 213

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

View Postmarmooskapaul, on 22 December 2012 - 05:19 PM, said:

As title says, cut my middle and ring finger on my right hand. Went to hand center in Indy had surgery to re-attach tendon and nerves. The therapist are talking long recovery...said I might be able to make a fist by June!!!
Anybody go through this and have any advice on recovering?
Paul

They are probably right. Regardless, try to prove them wrong with a stress ball. To my mind, it's a matter of lose it if you don't use it so you need to use it more often. I keep one in my desk, computer room, bedside and TV couch. My problem is arthritis and hooking hands.

Shambles

#6 marmooskapaul

marmooskapaul

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13039
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:52 AM

Thanks all! They [therapist] won't even let me move it on my own for 6 weeks! I'm going to follow orders and push it when they tell me to. To add insult to injury lol I've developed tendinitous in my left elbow/arm ...hurts way more than my right hand..I think mostly from using comp. mouse with left hand, along with everything else I do now.. lol  thanks again
Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors