Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Nike Collegiate Bag - Any thoughts?

Nike collegiate Ping walking bag Nike stand bag

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kyledrum2002

kyledrum2002

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214021
  • Ebay ID:kyledrum2002
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

I am ordering a team bag from my Alma Mater and wanted to get your thoughts on the Nike Collegiate bag if you are using or have seen one.  The coach explained that they are ordering Nike bags due to their contract and going away from Ping.  I'm a traditional guy and have always exclusively used Ping walking bags from the L8 on up.  Additionally, I do not own and do not see myself ever owning any Nike golf equipment other than the bag I ordered.  However, after looking at the bag online it looks pretty good.  Any thoughts?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 dtowngolf

dtowngolf

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136849
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

Nike bags arent durable at all, I had one last year and slots ripped and legs bent in a month
SLDR 10.5,OBAN Kiyoshi White 04/ BB s+
Stage 2 Speeder 757
DHY Tour Green 18/21
5-PW Rocketblades Tour, S400 Tour Isuue
Spider Si
ATV 49, 54, 60, S400 Tour Issue

#3 bulldog-golf

bulldog-golf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67968
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

Just bought them for my team this year and so far they seem great the kids like them & after 1 season of use they are all problem free.  Considerably lighter than the Ping and a lot less hassle with set up and embroidering.

#4 OK_Golf

OK_Golf

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59380
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

I have a Nike Collegiate bag and it seems to work fine.  Its seems light weight with-out being flimsy and balances the load well between my shoulders, while also being easy to carry with a single strap for short walks (that chunked pitch shot, ha, ha).  I have two issues I have with the bag ( that are somewhat minor):

1) when I pick up the back the leg closed to me often get's caught between my legs ... basically the way the legs angle away from the bag when extended mean I put my foot between the bag and the extended leg, so that when it try to retract is hit my leg instead of retracting against the bag.

2) I'm not sure where to hang accessories, like a tee/ball/green repair bag and a towel.  i want to have the small zipper bag accessible by my left hand when walking, which means close to the ball pocket near the bottom of the bag, but I can't find anything to hang it on down there.  Also I want my large town accessible with either hand while walking and it constantly get's hung-up between the legs and the bag (though this happens with every carry bag I've ever used).

Anyone else using the bag?  how do you like it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors