Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Titleist 910 D2 - Rattle in head

titleist 910 D2 Rattle

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kidcloudkicker

kidcloudkicker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 175464
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

So, I won an ebay auction for a Titleist 910 D2 driver, and the seller just contacted me before he shipped the club saying he noticed a rattle in the head of the club. He offered a refund, but I haven't responded yet. I'm trying to figure out what the rattle could be? Since it has the surefit adapter it wouldn't be dried epoxy or anything like that?

Anyone have any insight?

I would just go ahead and cancel the transaction, but I did get a pretty good deal?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Gotblades

Gotblades

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74979
  • Ebay ID:hrollins68
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

ALL of those heads rattle if they aren't screwed into the shaft.   it's the screw if that's the case.

#3 kidcloudkicker

kidcloudkicker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 175464

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

View PostGotblades, on 07 December 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

ALL of those heads rattle if they aren't screwed into the shaft.   it's the screw if that's the case.

That's what I was thinking. If he has the shaft unscrewed from the head, the screw in the hosel would rattle. But I would think that would be kinda obvious.

#4 Shanktastic

Shanktastic

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44510
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

If its loose material in the head just remove the weight on the sole and shake it around until whatever comes out. The opening is pretty decent sized. If you got a good deal its worth getting the driver in hand to assess the issue.
If its not any of these issue post again and I'm sure someone can help figure it out.

Good Luck

#5 RyderSim

RyderSim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 155081

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

I had this problem with my 910 D2. Come to find out, it was the weight at the bottom. I replaced the factory weight with a heavier one I bought and I assume it defected over time. I used it for nearly a year before it started. After a week or so of tightening up every screw on the thing, I finally decided to switch the weight and no more rattle. What was funny about it was that it would rattle at contact and for a few seconds after, then would stop and I could not make it rattle just from shaking it.

Also tagged with titleist, 910, D2, Rattle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors