Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Nuun water bottles / best water bottle?

41 replies to this topic

#1 Greyboy

Greyboy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87688
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

I've seen and discussed the topic of the actual Nuun water tablets (I love them btw), but I had recently lost my current water bottle and need a new one.

Rather than just buying any old water bottle, I was looking into the Nuun one.  I don't need anything fancy, or heavy unbreakable bottle - I'm more so interested in something:

1 - as light as possible
2 - the right size / circumference to fit in most standard cup holders

I walk a lot with my bag, and I'm looking for something that fits in my bags drink pocket and most cup holders.

Has anyone tried the Nuun bottle and does it fit this bill?  If you have anything better, I'm open to suggestions, thanks

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 smackygolf

smackygolf

Major Winner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9577
GolfWRX Likes : 283

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

View PostGreyboy, on 07 December 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

I've seen and discussed the topic of the actual Nuun water tablets (I love them btw), but I had recently lost my current water bottle and need a new one.

Rather than just buying any old water bottle, I was looking into the Nuun one.  I don't need anything fancy, or heavy unbreakable bottle - I'm more so interested in something:

1 - as light as possible

I walk a lot with my bag, and I'm looking for something that fits in my bags drink pocket and most cup holders.

Has anyone tried the Nuun bottle and does it fit this bill?  If you have anything better, I'm open to suggestions, thanks

Hydroflask.  not the lightest, but perfect otherwise. I have it in my bag at all times when i walk.

#3 J-Tizzle

J-Tizzle

Takin' dumps and shakin' rumps

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1530
  • Handicap:+0.9
  • Ebay ID:tumbo79
GolfWRX Likes : 124

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

Gotta agree with Smacky, the Hydroflasks are amazing.

I went a little overboard when I got mine and went the 40oz and it is not really walker friendly at all, however, it will keep ice in it for 8 hours in the middle of the summer.  This works great when riding as I just put a big block of ice in it and throw it in the back of the cart and its cold all day.
Stuff n' things....
2014 Silo Ridge Club Champion

#4 smackygolf

smackygolf

Major Winner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9577
GolfWRX Likes : 283

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

View PostJ-Tizzle, on 07 December 2012 - 10:00 AM, said:

Gotta agree with Smacky, the Hydroflasks are amazing.

I went a little overboard when I got mine and went the 40oz and it is not really walker friendly at all, however, it will keep ice in it for 8 hours in the middle of the summer.  This works great when riding as I just put a big block of ice in it and throw it in the back of the cart and its cold all day.

What's up J? Yeah, the hydroflask is crazy good. Gotta be careful not to put too much ice in, because it never melts and you don;t get any water!

#5 Greenie

Greenie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82498
  • Handicap:13.7
GolfWRX Likes : 243

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

You get alot of valuable information on this sight. Thanks to the threads on Nuun tablets and Hydro Flask water bottles I now use both and highly recommend both choices.
I bought two 24oz Hydro Flask narrow top bottles. I do alot of walking and in extreme heat I carry two but most of the time one is enough. They are amazing. If you fill them to the top with ice and add water you will have ice all day long while you do refills with the on course water. The 24oz narrow top will fit in a cup holder on a golf cart. They work so well that when Hydro Flask had a 50% off sale I bought two more 24 oz and the growler. My friends bought the 24oz,  21oz, and 18oz bottles during the sale. If you like ice go with the 24oz because you don't get alot of water will a full bottle of ice and the ice doesn't melt that fast. I put one Nuun tablet in my bottle and that is plenty for the 240z with ice. My friend goes with the slightly smaller size without ice. Even without ice if you put something cold in it it stays cold enough during your round.
The are so amazing I have filled them up before leaving for work in the morning, put them in my bag, threw my bag in my truck and my bag sat in my truck all day long with temps around 100. On the way home from work I stopped to play a quick 18 and  I still had a full bottle of ice with the water.

#6 siemer5000

siemer5000

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60066
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

Agreed, Hydroflask is the best water bottle I have ever owned.  Bought one earlier this year...my wife started using it/stole it/permanently borrowed it...now we have four of them.

#7 Greyboy

Greyboy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

Thanks for all the info.  Looks like HydroFlask is a favorite around here. I remember seeing a thread about them.

What turns me off about the HydroFlask are the tops, are the defaults screw offs?  Maybe I need a HydroFlask with the Sports Top accessory (website says sold out).  When I'm walking, I like to just one hand the bottle out of my bag and put it straight to the mouth, pull the plastic tab out with my teeth and drink, then just pop it back in.

Am I crazy?  Or do you all have the Sports Top as well?

Edited by Greyboy, 07 December 2012 - 12:11 PM.

#8 esketores

esketores

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120324
  • Ebay ID:Hbarrel
GolfWRX Likes : 285

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

Add me to the Hydroflask converts. Works equally as well keeping coffee and the like hot.
PING G25 12 degree w/S+ @ 45"
Titleist 910F 17 / 910h 24 & 27
Titleist 913Hd 20
PING G25's 6-U KBS Tour - V
Cleveland RTX 53 / 588 56
Callaway ProType ix 9ht

#9 Greenie

Greenie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82498
  • Handicap:13.7
GolfWRX Likes : 243

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

View PostGreyboy, on 07 December 2012 - 12:04 PM, said:

Thanks for all the info.  Looks like HydroFlask is a favorite around here. I remember seeing a thread about them.

What turns me off about the HydroFlask are the tops, are the defaults screw offs?  Maybe I need a HydroFlask with the Sports Top accessory (website says sold out).  When I'm walking, I like to just one hand the bottle out of my bag and put it straight to the mouth, pull the plastic tab out with my teeth and drink, then just pop it back in.

When i bought my first two 24 oz bottles I bought the sports tops as well. They do seem to be hard to come by. I think it comes down to preference. While golfing I like the screw off caps because I like to guzzle down a drink. While hiking, using them in a fanny pack, I use the sports caps. Most of the time I use the stock screw off caps. The sports caps only fit the narrow tops unless they have changed them.

#10 Sean2

Sean2

Wait...what?

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,067 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 4475

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

View Postsmackygolf, on 07 December 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

View PostGreyboy, on 07 December 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

1 - as light as possible

Hydroflask.  not the lightest, but perfect otherwise. I have it in my bag at all times when i walk.
+1, +2, +3. I can put ice in it in the morning and by the evening the ice still hasn't melted.

Hey...be nice.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 toddnt

toddnt

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8488
GolfWRX Likes : 143

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

Have the Hydro 40 and 24, use the 40 if I'm carting it on a hot day and 24 for everything else! Get the 24 with sports cap!

#12 allenri2

allenri2

Spartan for life.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63423
  • Ebay ID:allenri2
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Hydro Flask is the answer.  Easily the best water bottle I have ever owned.  They also have incredible customer service.  The lid connector on my 40 oz broke last week.  I emailed customer service, they responded the same day and had a new cap in the mail the next day.  Awesome company.

#13 Sean2

Sean2

Wait...what?

• 18,067 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

I think we actually have a consensus here.
Hey...be nice.

#14 J-Tizzle

J-Tizzle

Takin' dumps and shakin' rumps

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1530
  • Handicap:+0.9
  • Ebay ID:tumbo79
GolfWRX Likes : 124

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

View PostSean2, on 07 December 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

This could be a first in WRX history!!!
Stuff n' things....
2014 Silo Ridge Club Champion

#15 moonshine

moonshine

The Trace!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31690
  • Ebay ID:chasj_r1
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

what about sigg, anyone use them?

#16 Sean2

Sean2

Wait...what?

• 18,067 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

View PostJ-Tizzle, on 07 December 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

View PostSean2, on 07 December 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

This could be a first in WRX history!!!

I was thinking the same thing. :-)
Hey...be nice.

#17 Augster

Augster

Mr. Fairway

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30291
  • Ebay ID:augster..8
GolfWRX Likes : 223

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

My family is up to four hydroflasks now.  I didn't see when they had a sale?  How do I get on that list?  I'd probably get every size available.

As said above, the hyrdroflasks are awesome.  If you use too much ice with the water from home, you run out of water way too fast because the ice simply doesn't melt.  I bring mine to work every day.  I bring it to the course every day I golf.  My kids use theirs for all of their sports.  When my son was playing baseball all summer, he could just throw his hydroflask under the bench, in the dirt and dust, and still have a nice clean bottle as there is no condensation on the outside.  You could tell every other bottle was not a hyrdroflask as you could easily see the dirt and sand sticking to the outside.

It's just a thermos that fits in a cupholder.  I wonder why it took 100 years to think of that?  :)

#18 VMI_07

VMI_07

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 163819
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

I agree with all on Hydroflask.

Have you tried looking for a dealer (they have a dealer search on their site)? I'd contact a few dealers in your general area to see if they have the sports cap and ship it to you.

#19 BCC

BCC

Whatever works !!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36183
  • Handicap:4.7
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

Another thumbs up for Hydroflask......best water bottle I've ever used !!!!  Sounds funny, but yes on the don't use too much ice !!!!!!!
I have 2 now........
R11 S Tour AD DI 6x
4 wood R9 TP BlueBoard 83
4 Hybrid R11 JavlnFx 95 X
TM MC 2012 Tour Issue 4-pw KBS Tour S
Vokey SM4 50/54/SM5 58K KBS Tour S
KP1 raw---TM TP5

#20 +Church

+Church

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147683
  • Ebay ID:church717
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

Here's another vote for Hydroflask bottles!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#21 prestiege

prestiege

M to the I to Z to the UNO

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88848
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

i picked up a few hydro flasks myself, 2 21 oz and the growler.  i do mobile maintenance which includes hvac up on roofs and in the middle of summer the growler was great to have in the truck with me. the 2 21 oz are great for walking the course and both fit in the cooler pocket pocket of my bag.  they are also great to bring along when taking the dog out the beach or long trips

my previous bags i purchased due to cooler pocket sizing, well, thats not needed any more.

i filled a 21 oz to the rim with ice and then added water that was already cold from the fridge.  left it on the counter in the kitchen.  30 hours later there was 3 pieces of ice that mended together that was still in the bottle and the water was still ice cold.  definitely gonna buy one of the soup containers one of these days.

i just bought a couple for my parents for christmas, they dont take anything to drink with them on their motorcycle rides due to bottles sweating and getting the inside of the saddle bags wet, this will solve their problem.

#22 Greyboy

Greyboy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  •  

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

Lol I have to admit, it seems I have no choice but to go with a hydroflask - as people mentioned above, I've never heard so many people agree on a single topic.  It's unanimous!  Thanks guys

#23 theironhorse

theironhorse

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69277
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

for the record i have tried for consecutive nights to order $75 worth of product on their website and each night it has not been working properly.  as usual i don't know why they require my email and a password to spend money on their product, but i begrudgingly gave it to them and created an account, only to enter into a neverending loop of crap when it came time to place an order.
too bad, cause it sounds like this is a great product, oh well.

#24 trouillard

trouillard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51402
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:51 AM

View PostGreyboy, on 07 December 2012 - 12:04 PM, said:

Greyboy, Hydro Flask has Sport Tops.  email tim@hydroflask.com and I will guide you.

#25 SullGolf

SullGolf

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205351
GolfWRX Likes : 980

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

I know the thread is a little old at this point, but I'll toss out another option: Specialized Purist bottles.  The valve on them is perfect.

#26 the.landshark

the.landshark

"the.landshark... cleverest species of them all" -SNL

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95923
GolfWRX Likes : 75

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

I've used/owned/tried just about everything (it seems), both expensive, and cheap... and for me, this is the best water bottle for any kind of outdoor sport: the CamelBack Podium Chill. Found here:

http://www.backcount...ter-bottle-21oz

SLDR9.5 KiyoWHT75; 910F13.5 KiyoPRP85
712U 2-3; 712CB 4-6; 712 MB 7-9 X100
SM4 48.10 X100; SM4 53.10/59.06 S400
Shea H+SuperStrokeSlim 3.0; ProV#52
i25 14 PWR75; DHy 21 DiamanaD+102
X-Proto 5,7,9 X100; TVD 55K S400; #8

#27 CMUgol4

CMUgol4

17, 22, 26, 47, 55, 71

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32503
GolfWRX Likes : 59

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

View Postthe.landshark, on 27 February 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

I've used/owned/tried just about everything (it seems), both expensive, and cheap... and for me, this is the best water bottle for any kind of outdoor sport: the CamelBack Podium Chill. Found here:

http://www.backcount...ter-bottle-21oz
Just picked up a Camelbak Podium Chill....great bottle, like the squeezeable aspect of it adn will stay cold for a relatively long time.  The only issue I have is the exposed cap, there's an accessory to cover it but it's like $6, which is insane for a $9 water bottle.
TM SLDR 430 10.5* w/ B. Asha 7X
TM V Steel  15* w/ Oban Revenge 8 X
?!?!?
Srixon ZTXII w/ TT TC X1 (3-PW)
Scotty Cameron Golo
Ping Tour S 52*/58* w/ KBS Tour Black

#28 ramseyjs

ramseyjs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36757
  • Ebay ID:ramsey6152
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

I use an old Gatorade bottle and it works great.

#29 Deerslayer

Deerslayer

Shoot to Thrill, Play to Kill......

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53652
GolfWRX Likes : 300

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

Stratton carries a Hydroflask as well.  Unbelievable how they keep a drink cool in the Texas heat.

#30 cristphoto

cristphoto

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42981
GolfWRX Likes : 92

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

I use the Brita Water Bottle purchased from Bed, Bath, & Beyond. I like it because it has a replaceable filter in it like their other filters. That way when I refill it from on-course water jugs I know I'm not getting anything nasty. The mouth on it is large enough to easily drop in ice cubes. It easily fits in cart cupholders, my cars console cup holders, and also my three wheel push carts bottle holder. It also comes with a loop on it so if you carry your bag you can get a hook to attach it to your bag. It cost under $10 and most grocery stores have the filters for it.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors