Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Prototype putters on Ebay - anyone know anything about them?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
128 replies to this topic

#121 kwijyboy

kwijyboy

    Just a hacker

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33898
  • Joined: 07/06/2007
  • Location:Jacksonville, Florida
  • Ebay ID:kwijybo1
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Well the purists think that there are inconsistencies in the metal that can occur during casting that could render one putter with a different feel from another.  It of course could be all in your head....but putting is all in your head.

I asked for a quote for a Newport style in SS and was quoted much higher than the $119 bandied about in this thread.

Even with the custom options available and plenty of cash in my pocket, considering no headcover and an additional cost for a shaft and grip and this is a cast head, I can't pull the trigger.

Disappointed.

Edited by kwijyboy, 25 February 2013 - 07:05 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#122 radiman

radiman

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56856
  • Joined: 05/30/2008
  • Location:Moorhead, MN
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

View Postkwijyboy, on 25 February 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

Well the purists think that there are inconsistencies in the metal that can occur during casting that could render one putter with a different feel from another.  It of course could be all in your head....but putting is all in your head.

I asked for a quote for a Newport style in SS and was quoted much higher than the $119 bantied about in this thread.

Even with the custom options available and plenty of cash in my pocket, considering no headcover and an additional cost for a shaft and grip and this is a cast head, I can't pull the trigger.

Disappointed.

Yeah, I requested a similar headshape.  The price was a bit more, but I had some other things I requested as well that I figured attributed to the cost increasing.
9.5* Ping Anser w/Kai'Li 70X
17* Callaway X2 Hot Pro w/ATX Green S
20* Adams A12 Pro w/Rip'd VS S
Ping i20 4-PW KBS Tour S
Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.5
Callaway Jaws 54, 58 & Vokey 64

#123 brentk14

brentk14

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86135
  • Joined: 06/20/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

View Postkwijyboy, on 25 February 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

Well the purists think that there are inconsistencies in the metal that can occur during casting that could render one putter with a different feel from another.  It of course could be all in your head....but putting is all in your head.

I asked for a quote for a Newport style in SS and was quoted much higher than the $119 bantied about in this thread.

Even with the custom options available and plenty of cash in my pocket, considering no headcover and an additional cost for a shaft and grip and this is a cast head, I can't pull the trigger.

Disappointed.

How much did he quote you, if you don't mind me asking....I'm wondering if he quoted a handmade price. The SS putters he has on his website start at $119, but the handmades are over $200

#124 maverick0805

maverick0805

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207469
  • Joined: 10/17/2012
  • Location:Grand Rapids, Mi
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

View Postbrentk14, on 25 February 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

View Postmaverick0805, on 24 February 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

I should also have mine in a week or two. Far behind schedule with some unexpected issues. Hopefully it all works out.
What style putter are you going with? Is it a handmade or one of the other ones?

It is going to be "similar" to the odyssey #7 style putter with the "fangs/fins" that go back. As far as cast vs handmade, idk where everyone is drawing the line but mine is starting as a cast head that he is doing extensive "milling" too in order to get the desired look I am going for. It is a SS head with the black polymer finish. It is my understanding that all of his putter start as a cast of some sort and he does milling and custom shop work to make them into what you want. I may be wrong on this point.

#125 brentk14

brentk14

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86135
  • Joined: 06/20/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

View Postmaverick0805, on 25 February 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

View Postbrentk14, on 25 February 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

View Postmaverick0805, on 24 February 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

I should also have mine in a week or two. Far behind schedule with some unexpected issues. Hopefully it all works out.
What style putter are you going with? Is it a handmade or one of the other ones?

It is going to be "similar" to the odyssey #7 style putter with the "fangs/fins" that go back. As far as cast vs handmade, idk where everyone is drawing the line but mine is starting as a cast head that he is doing extensive "milling" too in order to get the desired look I am going for. It is a SS head with the black polymer finish. It is my understanding that all of his putter start as a cast of some sort and he does milling and custom shop work to make them into what you want. I may be wrong on this point.
Oh ok, gotcha, the one he's doing for me and my brother is a del mar style out of a block of carbon. it isn't a head, just a bock of steel that he starts with. Sounds like he should start on mine on Friday, and once I get pictures of the how things are going, I was going to post them on here.
Make sure to post pictures of yours when you get it.


#126 maverick0805

maverick0805

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207469
  • Joined: 10/17/2012
  • Location:Grand Rapids, Mi
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

I will post when I get some pics or get the putter. I believe he is finishing mine up all week since its pretty far behind schedule.

#127 BogeyJr1445

BogeyJr1445

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124518
  • Joined: 03/14/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

I purchased one 2 weeks back off of eBay, and man do I LOVE the feel.  Looks great and I have contacted him about another one.  If anyone has questions I can help with, shoot me a PM!

#128 brentk14

brentk14

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86135
  • Joined: 06/20/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

View PostBogeyJr1445, on 25 February 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

I purchased one 2 weeks back off of eBay, and man do I LOVE the feel.  Looks great and I have contacted him about another one.  If anyone has questions I can help with, shoot me a PM!
which one on eBay did you get?

#129 Gongshowguy16

Gongshowguy16

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102292
  • Joined: 01/20/2010
  • Location:Hartford, CT
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

View Postmaverick0805, on 25 February 2013 - 11:40 PM, said:

I will post when I get some pics or get the putter. I believe he is finishing mine up all week since its pretty far behind schedule.

Hmmm...mines far behind schedule too. I kindly let him know that you said to finish mine first :-)




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors