Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * - - 9 votes

Post your Goodwill / Thrift store finds (NO BuySellTrade POSTS)


1672 replies to this topic

#1651 Arafel

Arafel

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,584 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14708
  • Joined: 05/11/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 2231

Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:19 PM

 PureGolf313, on 30 September 2018 - 11:49 PM, said:

Posted Image

Well, Stop number two. I took my wifes car in to get service and next door was a Savers thrift store, walked in and had a hard time finding the club bin. they only had about 7-10 clubs. Looked quickly and the hogan wedge caught my eye but had some serious surface rust. Then found the other 56 degree wedge and then saw the cleveland which also had some serious surface rust on the shafts and head. I figured I can bring some life back into them so I grabbed them for 2.99 a piece. Soaked all three in a coke bath overnight and polished them up well.

I just picked up a 6004 Hogan wedge just like that and CG10 sand wedge at GW for $3.00.  I kept the Hogan and traded in the Cleveland.  The Hogan wedge is just about new.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#1652 orangebang

orangebang

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87548
  • Joined: 07/06/2009
  • Location:So Cal
GolfWRX Likes : 90

Posted 03 October 2018 - 01:46 AM

not a thrift store find, but someone left a Titleist Ultra light (Sun Mountain 3.5) bag out on the street for trash, so I pulled up and threw it into my trunk.  Pretty awesome find.   No tears or rips, just a little dirty.  Probably looked like my 2+ year old Ping hoofer when I finally sold it to my friend.
TM M2 10.5*
TM RBZ Stage 2 3 HL
Ping G10 21* 7 wood
Cobra Baffler XL 4H
Ping i e1 irons 5-PW
Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw 50.08F 54.14F 58.12K DG S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M 34"
Scotty Cameron Gambler Stand Bag

2

#1653 smeech8000

smeech8000

    Ev'ryday I'm Trufflin'

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 254422
  • Joined: 06/05/2013
  • Location:Northern Ohio
  • Handicap:3.3
  • Ebay ID:smeech8000
GolfWRX Likes : 1210

Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:21 AM

 PureGolf313, on 30 September 2018 - 11:49 PM, said:

Posted Image

Well, Stop number two. I took my wifes car in to get service and next door was a Savers thrift store, walked in and had a hard time finding the club bin. they only had about 7-10 clubs. Looked quickly and the hogan wedge caught my eye but had some serious surface rust. Then found the other 56 degree wedge and then saw the cleveland which also had some serious surface rust on the shafts and head. I figured I can bring some life back into them so I grabbed them for 2.99 a piece. Soaked all three in a coke bath overnight and polished them up well.

FYI, those Hogans are chrome plated so they should only acquire rust where the plating has worn off.  You could probably take them to a local plating shop and have them blast the chrome off to get them fully raw if you prefer that look, or blast raw then do a black oxide treatment.

I had a 6004 and 5218 in that line and it was probably the best gap wedge I ever had.  Just a perfectly complementary set of wedges to the 1999 Apex line, in both performance and cosmetics.

I currently game the Ft Worth TK wedges but there was nothing like those old ones... c'mon it can't be that my swing has changed at all since then!  :cheesy:

Edited by smeech8000, 08 October 2018 - 08:22 AM.

Titleist 915D4 9.5*
Titleist 909f3 15*
Titleist 913h 19*
Cally RAZR MB 4-PW
Cally Forged 50/54/58
Lajosi Sensor

3

#1654 PureGolf313

PureGolf313

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 420976
  • Joined: 04/14/2016
  • Location:Oakwood Hills
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 08 October 2018 - 09:08 AM

 smeech8000, on 08 October 2018 - 08:21 AM, said:

 PureGolf313, on 30 September 2018 - 11:49 PM, said:

Posted Image

Well, Stop number two. I took my wifes car in to get service and next door was a Savers thrift store, walked in and had a hard time finding the club bin. they only had about 7-10 clubs. Looked quickly and the hogan wedge caught my eye but had some serious surface rust. Then found the other 56 degree wedge and then saw the cleveland which also had some serious surface rust on the shafts and head. I figured I can bring some life back into them so I grabbed them for 2.99 a piece. Soaked all three in a coke bath overnight and polished them up well.

FYI, those Hogans are chrome plated so they should only acquire rust where the plating has worn off.  You could probably take them to a local plating shop and have them blast the chrome off to get them fully raw if you prefer that look, or blast raw then do a black oxide treatment.

I had a 6004 and 5218 in that line and it was probably the best gap wedge I ever had.  Just a perfectly complementary set of wedges to the 1999 Apex line, in both performance and cosmetics.

I currently game the Ft Worth TK wedges but there was nothing like those old ones... c'mon it can't be that my swing has changed at all since then!  :cheesy:

Thanks Smeech, but I am resisting the urge to try them as I have more fun flipping the finds and putting the funds into the high end putter fund. Been hitting the local Thrifts pretty hard lately and not finding much and also learning more about the old blade game as I found a set of Macgregor Nicklaus blades that were in good shape but prices were all over the place. Also am learning that people at goodwill are complete savages. I had a set of TA 845 Silver Scots pulled out of the bin and checking prices on EBay in the store when a guy comes right up see's me on the phone, grabs them and sticks them in his cart. I said excuse me I was going to buy those, and his response was "not in your cart, finders keepers" I was pretty pissed but in the end there are a lot of those sets out there for sale and was not worth making a scene. This guy certainly did not look to be a golfer but a "goodwill regular picker". I did find a great shape King Cobra Driving Iron for $4.99 and it seems like I can make a good flip on that.  

Posted Image
Posted Image

4

#1655 smeech8000

smeech8000

    Ev'ryday I'm Trufflin'

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 254422
  • Joined: 06/05/2013
  • Location:Northern Ohio
  • Handicap:3.3
  • Ebay ID:smeech8000
GolfWRX Likes : 1210

Posted 08 October 2018 - 11:12 AM

 PureGolf313, on 08 October 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

Also am learning that people at goodwill are complete savages. I had a set of TA 845 Silver Scots pulled out of the bin and checking prices on EBay in the store when a guy comes right up see's me on the phone, grabs them and sticks them in his cart. I said excuse me I was going to buy those, and his response was "not in your cart, finders keepers" I was pretty pissed but in the end there are a lot of those sets out there for sale and was not worth making a scene. This guy certainly did not look to be a golfer but a "goodwill regular picker".

Wow... I guess now you know you better grab a cart when you go in that store!

What a d***

Titleist 915D4 9.5*
Titleist 909f3 15*
Titleist 913h 19*
Cally RAZR MB 4-PW
Cally Forged 50/54/58
Lajosi Sensor

5

#1656 Dustin_J

Dustin_J

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 88969
  • Joined: 07/19/2009
  • Location:St. Louis, MO
  • Handicap:~11
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:26 PM

 smeech8000, on 08 October 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

 PureGolf313, on 08 October 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

Also am learning that people at goodwill are complete savages. I had a set of TA 845 Silver Scots pulled out of the bin and checking prices on EBay in the store when a guy comes right up see's me on the phone, grabs them and sticks them in his cart. I said excuse me I was going to buy those, and his response was "not in your cart, finders keepers" I was pretty pissed but in the end there are a lot of those sets out there for sale and was not worth making a scene. This guy certainly did not look to be a golfer but a "goodwill regular picker".

Wow... I guess now you know you better grab a cart when you go in that store!

What a d***

LOL, there's a Goodwill Outlet here, which is on a whole different level with regard to this sort of stuff.  Basically, it's a big warehouse full of large, rolling bins of merchandise, which is sold by the pound.  When they roll out a new bin, people literally hover around it jockeying for position and throw whatever they can, as fast as they can, into their carts.  Then, they sort through the spoils, keep the good stuff, throw the others stuff back into other bins, and so on.  It's brutal...and pretty amusing.

6

#1657 Shipwreck

Shipwreck

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125845
  • Joined: 04/03/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 1518

Posted 08 October 2018 - 06:02 PM

I actually had success today! And by success i mean i found a name brand club! Went to my local GW looking for books and stopped by the laughable sports section. I found a Nickent 3DX 4 hybrid! Well they did also have a Ping Hoofer bag but it was in terrible shape and had a local HS mascot and school name on it. But this gives me hope. Maybe in another 3-5 years Iíll see a Titleist club in there.
Driver - TaylorMade SLDR 430 TP w/ Project X LZ Handcrafted 6.5
3 Wood - Callaway Epic SZ 3+ w/ Oban Kyoshi HB X
Hybrid - Ben Hogan VKTR 19* w/ IROD stiff
Irons - 4-PW Ben Hogan FT WORTH BLACK w/ Recoil ES780 F4
Wedges - Ben Hogan TK15 50/54/59 w/ Recoil Protoype 125 F4
Putter - Odyssey O-Works #7
Ball - Taylormade TP5/TP5x

7

#1658 Tzoid

Tzoid

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5124
  • Joined: 08/14/2005
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:twallermizman
GolfWRX Likes : 502

Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:27 AM

There are some great finds in this thread ... As well as a few that go along the way of " One Man's trash is another Man's Treasure"
Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges  Nippon WV 115 Shafts
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
Titleist Pro V-1X

8

#1659 Tzoid

Tzoid

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5124
  • Joined: 08/14/2005
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:twallermizman
GolfWRX Likes : 502

Posted 13 October 2018 - 04:12 PM

Today was the day.....  I went to a part of my county where I typically avoid due to the high crime rate to look at a Budget Cut Off Saw at Habor Freight to cut shafts
and it was a piece of garbage so I passed. I saw the Good Will Store across the parking lot and decided to take a look.   They have a tiny area in the back of the store
for sports items and in a barrel I saw a Ladies Ben Hogan Princess 8 Iron in 'Like New" condition.  I kept digging until I found the entire set  3- EW.   They must have been purchased
and put in the garage because they are mint.  The grips are Golf Pride Fine Line "Made in USA" and the shaft bands are perfect.   I paid $ 10 Dollars for the set.   Obviously these are
for Memorabilia and not playing sticks.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Tzoid, 13 October 2018 - 04:13 PM.

Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges  Nippon WV 115 Shafts
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
Titleist Pro V-1X

9

#1660 KaTooM

KaTooM

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130992
  • Joined: 06/18/2011
  • Location:Woodway, Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 14 October 2018 - 07:27 AM

 Tzoid, on 13 October 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

Today was the day.....  I went to a part of my county where I typically avoid due to the high crime rate to look at a Budget Cut Off Saw at Habor Freight to cut shafts
and it was a piece of garbage so I passed. I saw the Good Will Store across the parking lot and decided to take a look.   They have a tiny area in the back of the store
for sports items and in a barrel I saw a Ladies Ben Hogan Princess 8 Iron in 'Like New" condition.  I kept digging until I found the entire set  3- EW.   They must have been purchased
and put in the garage because they are mint.  The grips are Golf Pride Fine Line "Made in USA" and the shaft bands are perfect.   I paid $ 10 Dollars for the set.   Obviously these are
for Memorabilia and not playing sticks.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Whoa! Those are MINT! Must've been stored in a time capsule all these years!

Congratulations!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#1661 Tzoid

Tzoid

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5124
  • Joined: 08/14/2005
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:twallermizman
GolfWRX Likes : 502

Posted 14 October 2018 - 07:42 AM

They are in great condition.   For $ 10 bucks I had to grab them and after some research I may go back and see if the putter is in the barrel.  
Apparently they sold these from 1970-1978 ish and the set included a putter.  The pinned hosels are kinda cool as well
Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges  Nippon WV 115 Shafts
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
Titleist Pro V-1X

11

#1662 PureGolf313

PureGolf313

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 420976
  • Joined: 04/14/2016
  • Location:Oakwood Hills
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:45 PM

I had a really nice day picking today, I had about a 4 hour drive from Chicago to Michigan and I picked out some goodwills along the way to stop at. My first stop was at a GW in a really nice town and hit the jackpot with these three putters in one store all $1.99. I grabbed them right away after my last experience and gripped them tightly, See post #1654 for reference. The Ping had some mud on it but will clean up well and the odyssey is in great shape as well. I was not sure on the Dead Center and seeing some sold prices on Ebay I will not lose money but it is a dud. I also picked up a dozen New Wilson DT Balls, good set of chipping practice balls.  The other 3 GW's along the route were all busts but oh well.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

12

#1663 jschwarb

jschwarb

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157177
  • Joined: 01/22/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 266

Posted 17 October 2018 - 10:13 AM

 Dustin_J, on 08 October 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:

 smeech8000, on 08 October 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

 PureGolf313, on 08 October 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

Also am learning that people at goodwill are complete savages. I had a set of TA 845 Silver Scots pulled out of the bin and checking prices on EBay in the store when a guy comes right up see's me on the phone, grabs them and sticks them in his cart. I said excuse me I was going to buy those, and his response was "not in your cart, finders keepers" I was pretty pissed but in the end there are a lot of those sets out there for sale and was not worth making a scene. This guy certainly did not look to be a golfer but a "goodwill regular picker".

Wow... I guess now you know you better grab a cart when you go in that store!

What a d***

LOL, there's a Goodwill Outlet here, which is on a whole different level with regard to this sort of stuff.  Basically, it's a big warehouse full of large, rolling bins of merchandise, which is sold by the pound.  When they roll out a new bin, people literally hover around it jockeying for position and throw whatever they can, as fast as they can, into their carts.  Then, they sort through the spoils, keep the good stuff, throw the others stuff back into other bins, and so on.  It's brutal...and pretty amusing.

We have one of those outlets not far from us and you're right, it's quite a spectacle. It's truly 99.9 percent crap in those giant bins but people can't wait to rummage through them. I went once and told my wife "never again."

13

#1664 defnotapro

defnotapro

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 413146
  • Joined: 02/22/2016
  • Location:TX
  • Handicap:12
  • Ebay ID:jdpelz
GolfWRX Likes : 81

Posted 17 October 2018 - 11:11 AM

 jschwarb, on 17 October 2018 - 10:13 AM, said:

 Dustin_J, on 08 October 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:

 smeech8000, on 08 October 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

 PureGolf313, on 08 October 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

Also am learning that people at goodwill are complete savages. I had a set of TA 845 Silver Scots pulled out of the bin and checking prices on EBay in the store when a guy comes right up see's me on the phone, grabs them and sticks them in his cart. I said excuse me I was going to buy those, and his response was "not in your cart, finders keepers" I was pretty pissed but in the end there are a lot of those sets out there for sale and was not worth making a scene. This guy certainly did not look to be a golfer but a "goodwill regular picker".

Wow... I guess now you know you better grab a cart when you go in that store!

What a d***

LOL, there's a Goodwill Outlet here, which is on a whole different level with regard to this sort of stuff.  Basically, it's a big warehouse full of large, rolling bins of merchandise, which is sold by the pound.  When they roll out a new bin, people literally hover around it jockeying for position and throw whatever they can, as fast as they can, into their carts.  Then, they sort through the spoils, keep the good stuff, throw the others stuff back into other bins, and so on.  It's brutal...and pretty amusing.

We have one of those outlets not far from us and you're right, it's quite a spectacle. It's truly 99.9 percent crap in those giant bins but people can't wait to rummage through them. I went once and told my wife "never again."

I've been to the one in Austin before. It's like nothing you've seen before. Like everyone has said, most everything is garbage but people are lining up and leaving with carts full of stuff.

14

#1665 Bigarch

Bigarch

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 465696
  • Joined: 04/30/2017
  • Location:Herrin, IL
  • Handicap:7.4
GolfWRX Likes : 688

Posted 18 October 2018 - 07:27 PM

I'm posting this in 2 places because I want to find out more information on my find today...
Ok, they say the time to buy something is when you see it.  Well today, I saw something I have never seen nor heard of before, so for $3 each, I had to have them. It's a pair of really beat upHillerich and Bradsby driver and brassie 2 wood.  No insert on the driver and just a simple firing pin insert on the 2 wood but what caught my eye were the wooden grips.  I've never seen one or ever heard of one, so of course I had to have them just for that.  Has anyone ever seen a solid wooden grip on a club before?
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

  • Driver - Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5* Fujukura Pro 60
  • Fairway - Adams Fairway Blue 16* Stock Slim Tech Stiff
  • Hybrid -  Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Fujikura S +.5"
  • 4-PW- Cleveland TA7 +1.25" FST 90 Stiff
  • Wedges - 52, 56, 60 Cleveland 588 RTX 588 Apollo MatchFlex +1"
  • Putter - Odyssey O-Works 7S - 35"

15

#1666 Mych

Mych

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 184224
  • Joined: 06/03/2012
  • Location:SE Houston/Galv
  • Ebay ID:mychaluva
GolfWRX Likes : 740

Posted 19 October 2018 - 09:28 AM

Never seen a wooden grip before. Surprised they aren't more cracked/split. Nice find.
"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead

Main set: Callaway Bertha Fusion 10.5*~ Cobra F6 Baffler 4-5w 16.5* ~ Mizuno JPX Fli Hi 3H 19* ~ Cobra King Utility 20.5* ~ Cobra Forged One 4-P ~ Callaway X Tour 52, 58 wedges ~ Odyssey Metal X Milled Rossie
6 club minimalist: Cobra King Utility DI 18.5 ~ Cobra Forged One 6/8/P ~ Callaway X Tour 52 ~ Odyssey Metal X Milled Rossie ~ Silo Club Carrier

16

#1667 Bigarch

Bigarch

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 465696
  • Joined: 04/30/2017
  • Location:Herrin, IL
  • Handicap:7.4
GolfWRX Likes : 688

Posted 19 October 2018 - 09:33 AM

I can't figure out how the hell they got them onto the ends of the shafts.  They have a plain grip cap on the butt but the other end is so thin, I can't imagine sliding them on.  They also have a bulge and are fairly flat on the sides....like the front of the old paddle style putter grips.  They actually feel pretty good. But, very odd.  Never seen anything like it.
  • Driver - Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5* Fujukura Pro 60
  • Fairway - Adams Fairway Blue 16* Stock Slim Tech Stiff
  • Hybrid -  Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Fujikura S +.5"
  • 4-PW- Cleveland TA7 +1.25" FST 90 Stiff
  • Wedges - 52, 56, 60 Cleveland 588 RTX 588 Apollo MatchFlex +1"
  • Putter - Odyssey O-Works 7S - 35"

17

#1668 KaTooM

KaTooM

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130992
  • Joined: 06/18/2011
  • Location:Woodway, Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 19 October 2018 - 09:37 AM

 Bigarch, on 18 October 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

I'm posting this in 2 places because I want to find out more information on my find today...
Ok, they say the time to buy something is when you see it.  Well today, I saw something I have never seen nor heard of before, so for $3 each, I had to have them. It's a pair of really beat upHillerich and Bradsby driver and brassie 2 wood.  No insert on the driver and just a simple firing pin insert on the 2 wood but what caught my eye were the wooden grips.  I've never seen one or ever heard of one, so of course I had to have them just for that.  Has anyone ever seen a solid wooden grip on a club before?

Very interesting! Never seen wooden grips before!

I've got a couple old H&B irons...a mashie and a niblick. The grips are leather and the shafts are wood...hickory I presume. What's weird is that your woods have steel shafts.

18

#1669 Bigarch

Bigarch

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 465696
  • Joined: 04/30/2017
  • Location:Herrin, IL
  • Handicap:7.4
GolfWRX Likes : 688

Posted 19 October 2018 - 09:50 AM

 KaTooM, on 19 October 2018 - 09:37 AM, said:

 Bigarch, on 18 October 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

I'm posting this in 2 places because I want to find out more information on my find today...
Ok, they say the time to buy something is when you see it.  Well today, I saw something I have never seen nor heard of before, so for $3 each, I had to have them. It's a pair of really beat upHillerich and Bradsby driver and brassie 2 wood.  No insert on the driver and just a simple firing pin insert on the 2 wood but what caught my eye were the wooden grips.  I've never seen one or ever heard of one, so of course I had to have them just for that.  Has anyone ever seen a solid wooden grip on a club before?

Very interesting! Never seen wooden grips before!

I've got a couple old H&B irons...a mashie and a niblick. The grips are leather and the shafts are wood...hickory I presume. What's weird is that your woods have steel shafts.
Exactly.  They wouldn't have surprised me as much if they were on a hickory shafted club.  I would think that would be pretty easy to accomplish.  But, from the shape and size of them, I would say they had to be put on the shaft from the tip end before the shaft was put into the head.  Then they could be slid up to the butt end and then capped off
  • Driver - Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5* Fujukura Pro 60
  • Fairway - Adams Fairway Blue 16* Stock Slim Tech Stiff
  • Hybrid -  Cobra Bio Cell 3-4 Fujikura S +.5"
  • 4-PW- Cleveland TA7 +1.25" FST 90 Stiff
  • Wedges - 52, 56, 60 Cleveland 588 RTX 588 Apollo MatchFlex +1"
  • Putter - Odyssey O-Works 7S - 35"

19

#1670 Tim Schoch

Tim Schoch

    Swing like it already happened.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 927 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49536
  • Joined: 02/22/2008
  • Location:Troy, VA
  • Handicap:13
  • Ebay ID:DejaGolf
GolfWRX Likes : 511

Posted Yesterday, 06:42 PM

3-PW 1978-80 forged Wilson Staff Tour Blades excellent condition, stiff Dynamic steel, grips removed. $20 Craigslist seller. Really nice.

Edited by Tim Schoch, Yesterday, 06:44 PM.

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

WIMB
PING G25 10.5* TFC-189 reg graphite
TaylorMade Burner 3-wood 15* REAX reg graphite
Adams Idea A12 #4 Hybrid 21* VTS Proforce reg graphite
Ping G25 Blue Dot 5-U, graphite reg
Titleist Vokey SM5 54/10 and SM6 58/12
Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG #1
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft, midsize Lamkin Classic grips

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#1671 Roman1274

Roman1274

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 493360
  • Joined: 02/12/2018
  • Location:Chicago
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted Today, 03:49 AM

A Yonex ADX 50 putter. A little banged up and needs a new grip. 2$

21

#1672 Guia

Guia

    Ancient Dude

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,447 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97501
  • Joined: 10/28/2009
  • Location:Southwest
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 2212

Posted Today, 04:51 PM

You guys need to put pictures!

22

#1673 Tim Schoch

Tim Schoch

    Swing like it already happened.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 927 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 49536
  • Joined: 02/22/2008
  • Location:Troy, VA
  • Handicap:13
  • Ebay ID:DejaGolf
GolfWRX Likes : 511

Posted Today, 05:26 PM

Will do. I will clean them up first.
"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

WIMB
PING G25 10.5* TFC-189 reg graphite
TaylorMade Burner 3-wood 15* REAX reg graphite
Adams Idea A12 #4 Hybrid 21* VTS Proforce reg graphite
Ping G25 Blue Dot 5-U, graphite reg
Titleist Vokey SM5 54/10 and SM6 58/12
Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG #1
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft, midsize Lamkin Classic grips

23



7 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users


    Judge Smales, Vanhalen5150ii, mikecasc

GolfWRX Sponsors