Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Adams A12 Pro or Super XTD

Which is the better option?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 PingDrv00

PingDrv00

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21573
  • Handicap:3.2
GolfWRX Likes : 149

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

I have currently been gaming a set of original Pro Gold in 18 and 20 degree lofts for about 6-7 years now, and I am just wondering whether or not an upgrade might make a difference.  The 18 degree is pretty much one of my main go to clubs in a majority of situations.  The 20 degree though is just really in the bag, but that is about it.  I have never really gotten the same performance out of it, and now it has a rattle in the head as well.  I have been looking at all the options, A12 Pro, Super XTD and the SS, and am looking for any opinions on whether any of these options are hotter than the other.  I really like the shape, feel, and size of the Pro Golds, but I have been reading the great reviews on both the Super XTD and the SS and have been intrigued.  I am a bit concerned though, since it seems that both the XTD and SS are a bit bigger that both the ProGolds and the A12 Pro, that I wonder if it effects playability.  Any thoughts or real world experience is greatly appreciated.

Driver. RBZ Tour TP 9 Kaili 70x
Three Wood: RBZ Tour TP 14.5 RIP Beta 70
Hybrid: Adams Super LS 19 Kuro Kage
Irons: TaylorMade 2014 CB 4,5, MC 6-PW
Putter: Odyssey Protype Black #9
Wedges: Vokey 53/10 and 59/7

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 PingDrv00

PingDrv00

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

No opinions yet??

#3 LOA

LOA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 156939
  • Ebay ID:regionnet
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

View PostPingDrv00, on 03 December 2012 - 11:06 AM, said:

I have currently been gaming a set of original Pro Gold in 18 and 20 degree lofts for about 6-7 years now, and I am just wondering whether or not an upgrade might make a difference.  The 18 degree is pretty much one of my main go to clubs in a majority of situations.  The 20 degree though is just really in the bag, but that is about it.  I have never really gotten the same performance out of it, and now it has a rattle in the head as well.  I have been looking at all the options, A12 Pro, Super XTD and the SS, and am looking for any opinions on whether any of these options are hotter than the other.  I really like the shape, feel, and size of the Pro Golds, but I have been reading the great reviews on both the Super XTD and the SS and have been intrigued.  I am a bit concerned though, since it seems that both the XTD and SS are a bit bigger that both the ProGolds and the A12 Pro, that I wonder if it effects playability.  Any thoughts or real world experience is greatly appreciated.

XTD is going to go farther and higher and is a bit more forgiving.  But the head is larger.  Almost like a 7 wood.   If you are trying to stay with the smaller profile like keep using the A12 Pro

#4 Snufles

Snufles

Hugz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114858
GolfWRX Likes : 369

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

Ive owned all three and if you like your gaps where they don't go for the XTD. The A12 is still my goto club and the XTD is my FW replacement.

#5 PingDrv00

PingDrv00

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

View PostSnufles, on 03 December 2012 - 01:56 PM, said:

Ive owned all three and if you like your gaps where they don't go for the XTD. The A12 is still my goto club and the XTD is my FW replacement.

I am kind of looking for something to fill in that 5 woodish spot in my bag, but I still want the workability and flexibilty of the size of the club.  If those were the parameters which would you go for?

#6 creecool

creecool

creecool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10948
  • Ebay ID:creecool
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

+1 A12 Pro are better with appropriate gapping, and a much smaller profile as well.
RAZR FIT EXTREME 10.03* ALDILA PHENOM 70
TEE XCG 5 OBAN REVENGE 16.5
CALLAWAY BIG BERTHA 4H ALDILA TOUR GREEN
CALLY RAZR X TOUR DG S300 TOUR ISSUE
ODYSSEY BLACK SERIES # 1 36" CB
VOKEY SM M GRIND SCRATCH TOUR 58*

#7 jmcdonald

jmcdonald

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80779
GolfWRX Likes : 102

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

Like everyone said ....A12 is way to go...I play the XTD 13* FW and 17* XTD HYBRID...and the hybrid is STUPID LONG for a hybrid. I'm waiting for the 913 hybrid to hit the streets so I can test that out. XTD is a great club no doubt but it is just too long.

#8 HateTheHighDraw

HateTheHighDraw

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129124
GolfWRX Likes : 188

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

If you are gapping hybrids and using more than one, I suggest the a12 Pros.  the XTD is good if you are looking for a single hybrid that can be more like a 5 wood replacement.

#9 blink3665

blink3665

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132182
  • Ebay ID:blink3665blink
GolfWRX Likes : 466

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

I agree with what everone else has said.  I currently play a 15*/19* XTD and 23*/26* A12Pro.  The XTDs are stupidly long.  They have a larger head like a 5/7 wood.  I actually just bought a 20* Pro Black and a 16* A12Pro to see how I like those to fill the gaps.  The gap between the 19* and 23* right now is too much for me.  I use the 15* as a fairway wood.  It gives me more control (shaft length I'm sure) off the deck and still can crank off the tee.  If you're concerned about head size and gap control I would stick with the A12Pros and then a XTD if you're looking to replace a wood.

SLDR 430 12*
V Steel 5w/7w, RIP alpha 80
Adams Boxer 23*
714 AP2 5-PW KBS Tour R+ 1*up
Cally Jaws MD 50/54/58
Slighter Proto #9HT long neck

#10 Snufles

Snufles

Hugz

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,679 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114858
GolfWRX Likes : 369

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

View PostPingDrv00, on 03 December 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

I am kind of looking for something to fill in that 5 woodish spot in my bag, but I still want the workability and flexibilty of the size of the club.  If those were the parameters which would you go for?

An XTD would fill the 5W spot easily and you will like the feel and sound as well.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors