Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Looking for feedback on the ol' swing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MtlJeff

MtlJeff

The Hans Gruber

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,576 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68568
  • Handicap:1.0
GolfWRX Likes : 5084

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

Hey guys, so i've been working on my swing a bit and have changed it pretty drastically in the past few months. I have always played a fade, but this season the fade became a slice on occasion, and i also basically had eliminated lower body movement of any kind and didn't bring the club even close to parallel.

Basically in an effort to hit the ball straight i, in my opinion, pretty much ruined my swing. I lost about 2 club lengths of distance, hit weak fades that sometimes became slices, forgot how to swing hard (everything was 3/4 or at least felt like it, and looked like it on video), generated ungodly amounts of backspin and etc etc

So i've been working on making my left arm/side more active to come through the ball better ( i am left handed), getting more extension in my backswing, and using my legs to drive through the ball better. It's a number of changes that felt horrible at first but are slowly coming around.

I finally feel pretty comfortable with where i'm at now (fade is back to being a power fade, woohoo! And my iron distance is back to being pretty good). But I was hoping someone like Monte or Iteach might be so kind as to have a look at my current swing and just let me know if there's anything horrible i should be concerned about, or if this is good enough to play decent golf.

Some backround, in my prime i am a 0-1 handicap but towards the end of the year it got closer to 3 ish. That's when i started making changes. Ideally i'd just like to be a 0 and play moderately competitive amateur golf

I have a video that you can play on VLC media player. If anyone wants to have a look please let me know and i'll email it to you if that is OK. Not quite sure how to post it here, i think it has to be on youtube or whatever

Cobra Amp Cell w/Fujikura Fuel 8.5
Cobra Amp Cell w/Fujikura Fuel 13
Callaway Xhot Pro 16 w/PXV
Mizuno JPX825 wS300
Mizuno MPr-12 56 and 60 / Spinner
Odyssey Tank #7

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 HoosierHacker89

HoosierHacker89

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99812
  • Handicap:8.1
  • Ebay ID:Pinggolfer2007
GolfWRX Likes : 81

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

OMG! MTLjeff needing help with his swing? I guess even golfWRX Gods are mortal at times. I am sure some of the dudes on here will get you straightened out. This year was terrible for me too as far as my swing goes.
Ping g15 9* Aldila NV
Ping Eye 2 5-S zz lite
Ping Redwood Anser
WITB Link

#3 isaacbm

isaacbm

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76094
  • Handicap:+2-3
GolfWRX Likes : 634

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

Swing looks great.

Advice?  Spend less time on golf forums (7600 posts man, really?  LOL!) and more time on the short game.  Your swing is way good enough to be a 0.

Also come out to Calgary this spring and I'll show you what bad swing/good short game can do...

Also I'll show you what bad strippers/good buffet can be like.  Oh I miss the sweet "dance" clubs of Mo RE All

#4 Sean25rp

Sean25rp

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82451
GolfWRX Likes : 61

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

View Postisaacbm, on 04 December 2012 - 03:43 AM, said:

Swing looks great.

Advice?  Spend less time on golf forums (7600 posts man, really?  LOL!) and more time on the short game.  Your swing is way good enough to be a 0.

Also come out to Calgary this spring and I'll show you what bad swing/good short game can do...

Also I'll show you what bad strippers/good buffet can be like.  Oh I miss the sweet "dance" clubs of Mo RE All

Haha!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors