Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

What changes in your game or bag are you going to make in 2013?????

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 walter2312

walter2312

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85751
  • Handicap:1.5
  • Ebay ID:walter2312
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

Just what the title says. Are you looking to make swing changes, fitness changes, equipment changes, or any other changes, please comment.

I will start,  I am changing my irons from Mizuno MP 62's to Ping I20 irons. I had a lot of success with the Ping I5 irons and wanted to give the i20's a chance. Will keep the MP 62's just in case though.....

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 flyinjoe13

flyinjoe13

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117864
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

I've already completed the changes to my bag for 2013.  I always upgrade in the fall for the next season because you can get some pretty good deals.  It was a complete overhaul of every club.  Early results with this setup makes me very excited for next season because i'm playing some great golf right now considering the weather and conditions.

Ping Anser driver 10.5* w/TFC stiif flex (I have a regualr flex ordered to have as a backup\option)
Ping G20 4\7 wood w/TFC regular flex
Ping G20 20* hybrid w/TFC regular flex
Ping G20 irons w/CFS steel regualr flex
Odyssey White Ice #1 putter
Ping Hoofer stand bag

No changes  are planned in terms of fitness.  No swing changes planned either although I typically change my swing two or three times a round. :)  I'm hoping to fit in more practice time, but that will depend on whether life gets in the way as it typically does.  One thing I hope will change is my temper, but that will depend on how well my new clubs work.

#3 TNReb

TNReb

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 206233
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

I would like to get in better physical shape... but in all honesty, it probably won't happen.  :D

I started lifting weights this year and stuck with it on a pretty strict routine for 6 months.  Then my wife and I moved.  I no longer have my work out partner to keep me motivated, and the only gym close to my house is a big fitness club that is nearly $80/month.  I've never been one who is much for jogging/running... if I could drop 15lbs I would be happy.  But man... I just don't like exercising.  :)

I'm happy with my equipment.  My goal is to just continue practicing and eliminate those ugly 80's.

#4 xabia

xabia

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103682
  • Handicap:4.7
GolfWRX Likes : 212

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

Well I just changed to 712 ap2's with project X PXI 5.5.. picking them up tomorrow. I am going to tinker with drivers of course, but I think the rest is set.

I have yet to find a truly low spinning driver combo, honestly I think it may be my swing, but I grow cray good numbers in the simulator with the Anser, so I may give that a go
Mayfield Sand Ridge CC
Covert Performance 1.0 Tour spec 6.3S
Dhy 18 TS 8.8 712U 3 iron steelfiber 95S
Scratch 53 RTX TI 58 '14 Golo S5
Mizuno MP 53 4-P Ctaper lite Stiff

#5 WUGolfer3118

WUGolfer3118

Thank You Troops/Vets!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121363
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Keeping everything the same except for worn out wedges!

#6 Cwing

Cwing

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,520 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37012
GolfWRX Likes : 297

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Sending  ping i20's to adjust to blue dot or maybe sell off and pick up g25. Wedges maybe. Grips are a must. Maybe a driver fitting. That said, demo days could lead to more.
G30 10* vs G25 10.5* & 12*
G25 15* & k15 16*
G25 20*,  K15 23* & 27* hybrids
G25 5 - U. DG XP s300
STX Profit 6 vs Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
Cleveland 54 Rtx, 60 cg12
WITB Link

#7 TheCityGame

TheCityGame

Chicks dig the bucket hat.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122960
GolfWRX Likes : 1728

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

I borrowed a set of blades to try over the winter. Already playing all right with them, with a few rounds in the 70's, and a CTP in a tournament. Really enjoying them so far. Haven't locked down my distances, yet.

#8 DevilDog

DevilDog

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127483
GolfWRX Likes : 389

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

Bought some Sensicore to stuff down the shafts next time I regrip.  Stuff really works in keeping down vibrations.  All you need is a dowel marked at 7.5 inches and push the top of the Sensicore down to that level.  I get it at Golfsmith.  

On the game, I need to get my short game back under control.  It has gotten a little loose in terms of distance control.  Just need to start hitting my spots again and stop flying the ball too far.  

Equipment-wise, I tend to stick to whatever I have that's working.  My MP-69s are getting the job done, just adding previously stated Sensicore, and if they fail I have some custom built KZG ZO blades to fall back on but these aren't quite as long as the 69s.  

I guess technique-wise I will spend most of my time on my setup like I usually do in winter.  Getting the ball in the right position for driver through wedges.

#9 MDP1555

MDP1555

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 165719
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

Probably not changing anything this your outside of getting in better shape. that enough for this old man

Edited by MDP1555, 03 December 2012 - 05:43 PM.

#10 rvgolfer

rvgolfer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 146939
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

My bag is fairly well set for 2013, mainly due to adding G-20 irons last spring, and a new SC putter this summer.  About the only club I might upgrade would be my driver but I am fairly happy with my G-15,,but a G-25 or even Answer driver could be in my future, but not until I see a price drop, and that might not be in 2013.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#11 butch33611

butch33611

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 187822
GolfWRX Likes : 362

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

I went from ping eye2 irons to taylormade burner 2.0 irons. Looking at putters. Also looking at the spin doctor wedges just to add a little more fun to the game. Built this setup for practice over the winter. Hopefully I can come out strong as soon as the weather permits in the spring.

Attached Thumbnails

• OPTI1.jpg

#12 Petter Player

Petter Player

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70069
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

I think I'm good after just one purchase tomorrow. An 85g shaft to my 3-wood to go better togetter with the 5-wood .

I just got myself a new set of irons mid-summer and sold my old MP-60s, S-300 after cracked the pack for my custom fit set of 69s, X-100.

Driver is old, but still working brilliantly, I think, I could not be better equiped on the big gun branch.

On the other end there are two almost never used Cleveland 588s in 58 and 4 degrees in my garage, which I'll take on, when practice camp is over and there is need for spin.

View PostMDP1555, on 03 December 2012 - 05:43 PM, said:

Probably not changing anything this your outside of getting in better shape. that enough for this old man

And getting harder by a the year to achieve.

Edited by Petter Player, 03 December 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#13 Jeembo

Jeembo

People in glass houses sink ships

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136575
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

I'm going to try no new changes.  Every year I seem to be complaining that it's taking too long to adjust to my new clubs or my new swing thoughts or things like that.  I'm going to work on perfecting what I've got and see where that takes me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors