Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

iliac purist bags

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Fresh.

Fresh.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 153889
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

Hi everyone.

Does anyone have an iliac purist walking bag or tried one out?

I recently received one and the fit feels way off and I can't seem to get it corrected.

There's a support running the entire length of the bag that extends out an extra 3 or 4 inches that the strap is attached to. That results in shoulder strap not fitting at all for me. I've adjusted everything (not a lot to adjust - just the two straps) and I can't get the bag to where my arm can hang freely (which is the case with every other bag I've ever owned).

The bag is beautiful, the fit just feels way off.

Am I missing something obvious here? I've talked with Iliac and they say they haven't heard of this problem before.

Any help would be appreciated. I'd love to make this bag work for me.

Posted Image

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 33 Handicap

33 Handicap

Psalms 37:23

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75705
GolfWRX Likes : 82

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

Can you adjust the straps so the bag hangs from the other side?

#3 Fresh.

Fresh.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

View Post33 Handicap, on 30 November 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

Can you adjust the straps so the bag hangs from the other side?

In the pic above both straps are all "tightened" as far as they will go. When I let out slack on the back strap (to let the top of the bag drop down), the bag angles to the point that the clubs slide out.

So short answer is no - at least not with the default adjustability of the bag.

#4 spoonhead

spoonhead

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57509
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

From the picture it looks like the bag is a bit high, my bag has the right shoulder strap (the base of the bag) extended quite a bit, almost to butt length.  I would bet that the entire bag needs to sit lower than you have it in the picture, how that works with the straps I am not sure.  I surfed a bit there are no pictures of the double strap option on their web site. There were quite a few pictures of other carry bags in use in the Google images search though, maybe you can get something from those.

#5 rjklein4470

rjklein4470

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75022
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

you have it on backwards

#6 dlygrisse

dlygrisse

Hall of Fame

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,691 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16702
GolfWRX Likes : 639

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

View Postrjklein4470, on 04 December 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

you have it on backwards
Yep, looks like the bag is made for righties.
Titleist 910 10.5
Nike Covert 3 wood,Ping I20 5 wood
Titleist 910 H 21*
Mizuno JPX 800 Pro 4-P
SC Bullseye Flange
Miura 53* Y grind, SM2 58.12

#7 Fresh.

Fresh.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

View Postdlygrisse, on 04 December 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

you have it on backwards

The pic was taken in the mirror, so it's reversed. The top of the bag is on my right shoulder - it's just a mirror image :)

#8 dlygrisse

dlygrisse

Hall of Fame

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,691 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16702
GolfWRX Likes : 639

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

View PostFresh., on 04 December 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

View Postdlygrisse, on 04 December 2012 - 10:21 PM, said:

you have it on backwards

The pic was taken in the mirror, so it's reversed. The top of the bag is on my right shoulder - it's just a mirror image :)
Okay...you bought a bag for lefties.  :swoon:

Seriously, have you tried calling Illiac?
Titleist 910 10.5
Nike Covert 3 wood,Ping I20 5 wood
Titleist 910 H 21*
Mizuno JPX 800 Pro 4-P
SC Bullseye Flange
Miura 53* Y grind, SM2 58.12

#9 Fresh.

Fresh.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

View Postdlygrisse, on 04 December 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

I have. A few times actually.

I've sent multiple pics of the bag as well.

So far - I've been told that they haven't heard of this problem before and they've offered to send me a single strap bag or give me credit towards other items.

I'm hoping they're just really busy and that I'll get a better response than that.

It really is a beautiful bag - too bad it doesn't fit everyone. FWIW, I took it to my club and had the pro give it a try - he couldn't get a comfortable or natural fit either.

There aren't many people that drop $1200 on a golf bag - so I haven't been very successful tracking down other owners. At least not so far.

#10 Fourmyle of Ceres

Fourmyle of Ceres

Hall of Fame

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,769 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58909
GolfWRX Likes : 1378

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

It looks like you're like myself, you want the "top" end strap to shorten up where there's not much distance at all from your shoulder to the end of the strap. Then the bottom of the bag to pivot down a bit.

In my experience (not with premium-priced boutique bags, just the plain ones you see in Edwin Watts) some dual-strap bags have a poorly thought out attachment point at the "bottom" end of the left shoulder strap. They tend to hang just like yours is pictured. Adjustments don't matter because the pivot point of that "bottom" attachment is in the wrong place. The company's suggestion of sending you a single strap is probably the only decent option.

I'll go out on a limb and speculate that they sell 10x as many single-strap as dual-strap bags. I think the entire structure including that spine sticking out is designed to work well as a single-strap and the dual-strap option is just an afterthought. But in any case your problem is designed in to the attachment points.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 Fresh.

Fresh.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

I think you're right.

I have been emailing back and forth with them a bit over the past few days and they're going to attempt to modify the bag for a better fit. One major difference with this bag is that the straps cross much lower on the bag because of the anchor points to the bag. I'm guessing this is because of the single / double strap models as you mentioned. It's really a modification to a single strap bag and it's the only double-strap classic walking-style bag that I know of.

Here's a photo that shows the location of those anchor points...

Posted Image

I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Thanks for all of the help guys.

#12 rjklein4470

rjklein4470

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75022
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

it is a great looking bag

#13 randywildman

randywildman

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 155487
  • Ebay ID:randywildman
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

View PostFresh., on 06 December 2012 - 08:24 AM, said:

I think you're right.

I have been emailing back and forth with them a bit over the past few days and they're going to attempt to modify the bag for a better fit. One major difference with this bag is that the straps cross much lower on the bag because of the anchor points to the bag. I'm guessing this is because of the single / double strap models as you mentioned. It's really a modification to a single strap bag and it's the only double-strap classic walking-style bag that I know of.

Here's a photo that shows the location of those anchor points...

Posted Image

I'll let everyone know how it turns out.

Thanks for all of the help guys.

Nice looking bag. I have the white canvas stand bag and it's a double strap, but the anchor points are different so it works.

#14 clubgolfer

clubgolfer

Just a ClubGolfer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199288
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

View PostFresh., on 04 December 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

View Postdlygrisse, on 04 December 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

I have. A few times actually.

I've sent multiple pics of the bag as well.

So far - I've been told that they haven't heard of this problem before and they've offered to send me a single strap bag or give me credit towards other items.

I'm hoping they're just really busy and that I'll get a better response than that.

It really is a beautiful bag - too bad it doesn't fit everyone. FWIW, I took it to my club and had the pro give it a try - he couldn't get a comfortable or natural fit either.

There aren't many people that drop $1200 on a golf bag - so I haven't been very successful tracking down other owners. At least not so far.

Good luck mate with Iliac, I had awful service from them and still have several very poor customer service emails from them. I recently emailed to ask a question about sizing and their response....Nothing at all which didnt surprise me either. Hole you get it sorted.

#15 dmbao

dmbao

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

I have two of their bags and I love them.  Mine both are single strap though?  Not sure when they made double strap ones.  The carry slightly different than a MacKenzie bag which I also have due to the extension from the top of the bag on the Iliac.  The Iliac's leather is so much nicer the my MacKenzie.

I would think due to the extension a double strap may not work well, I would return it for a single strap.

Dan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors