Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Post-Anchoring Ban: What would you want next, as rules to be imposed on golf?


123 replies to this topic

#1 Tango-Golf

Tango-Golf

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69221
  • Joined: 11/13/2008
  • Location:Hoboken, NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

Hre's my wish list:

1) No lines or lettering on balls that act as aiming aids
2) Shot clock for drives/irons/putting
3) Amateurs and pros to carry their own bags, with an xx weight minimum
4) Allow rangefinders


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 awil

awil

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127152
  • Joined: 04/21/2011
  • Location:The Wilds Golf club, Prior Lake Minnesota
  • Ebay ID:aaronwilson1995
GolfWRX Likes : 122

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

View PostTango-Golf, on 29 November 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

Hre's my wish list:

1) No lines or lettering on balls that act as aiming aids
2) Shot clock for drives/irons/putting
3) Amateurs and pros to carry their own bags, with an xx weight minimum
4) Allow rangefinders
Why no lines ? They are used to line up putts. And why would you want a weight minimum ... That makes no sense if a player doesn't want a. Big bag and able to carry the extra amenities then you suffers so to speak but carry a lightweight bag

#3 KYMAR

KYMAR

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,753 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99014
  • Joined: 11/22/2009
  • Location:Cleveland, Oh
GolfWRX Likes : 2272

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

Well I haven;t thought too much about it but i will say that NONE of these ideas would ever make my list. Carry their own min weight bag? Where does that even come from?
RAZR Fit Xtreme 10.5 with 7M3 S
Maltby KE4-ST-F, Razr fit, MP650???
Adams Super Hybrid 17*  Program 7.1 S
Adams A12 Pro KBS Tour 4-GW
Adams Pugliellii 56 and 60 DG spinners
TM Daddy Long Legs 38'

#4 RainShadow

RainShadow

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,024 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85204
  • Joined: 06/10/2009
  • Location:Colorado Springs, CO
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 110

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

I think the line thing is funny, since most balls already have a logo that can act as an alignment aid.
Cobra BioCell+ Matrix Red Tie
XHot 15*3wd & 19* 5wd stock PX
Idea Pro Black 23* w/ Altus
Apex/ Apex pro combo Recoil 95
SM4 54/11 & 58/9 KBS Tour
Odyssey Metal X Versa #9

#5 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

    Glengoyne 21yr

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,045 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Joined: 05/09/2006
  • Location:Midwest and Southwest
  • Handicap:Low
GolfWRX Likes : 1000

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

View PostTango-Golf, on 29 November 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

Hre's my wish list:

1) No lines or lettering on balls that act as aiming aids
2) Shot clock for drives/irons/putting
3) Amateurs and pros to carry their own bags, with an xx weight minimum
4) Allow rangefinders

:lol: Easy for you to say, till that day comes when you're trying to compete on the PGA.  There is such a thing as progress, it just has to be measured based on ideals, conditions and period.

SLDR TP 9.5 PX6C12 Tour Issue
SLDR TP 15* Diamana Blueboard 83
2-PW '06' X-Forged - PX6.0
Miura 53* PX6.0-E0 / 59* DGS200-E0
ProV1x & Hex Black
SC California Monterey

#6 spoonhead

spoonhead

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57509
  • Joined: 06/08/2008
  • Location:Charlotte N.C.
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Rein in the ball. I doubt that anyone wants to see courses getting longer- more mainteance and space taken up. Rory is hitting it 365- thats not in the "spirit of golf".

#7 KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE

KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,715 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 161101
  • Joined: 02/07/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 638

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

I say no rules change for a long time.

#8 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

    Glengoyne 21yr

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,045 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Joined: 05/09/2006
  • Location:Midwest and Southwest
  • Handicap:Low
GolfWRX Likes : 1000

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

View Postspoonhead, on 29 November 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

Rein in the ball. I doubt that anyone wants to see courses getting longer- more mainteance and space taken up. Rory is hitting it 365- thats not in the "spirit of golf".

I am not convinced reining in the ball is the answer, nor is longer courses.  The average amateur needs the extra distance that contemporary balls provide.  Callaway's Hex Black Tour is partly why I still play long courses, at my age.

Making the same tour courses more difficult through tournament layout is the least penal answer.  The problem with that, we viewers will watch tour stats go in the wrong direction, including average scores.
SLDR TP 9.5 PX6C12 Tour Issue
SLDR TP 15* Diamana Blueboard 83
2-PW '06' X-Forged - PX6.0
Miura 53* PX6.0-E0 / 59* DGS200-E0
ProV1x & Hex Black
SC California Monterey

#9 ragweed10

ragweed10

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28754
  • Joined: 05/08/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:06 PM

My list would be:

Divots in your own fairway to be played as ground under repair
OB would not be stroke and distance penalty

#10 RRFireblade

RRFireblade

    AKA Jay.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,872 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23410
  • Joined: 01/01/2007
  • Location:Central Florida
  • Handicap:+6.3
  • Ebay ID:RRFireblade
GolfWRX Likes : 1276

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

Hmm...

Driver size backed down to 300cc max.
Stroke penalties for excess pace of play.
Change stroke and distance penalty for OB/Tee shots.

RFE 8.5* XS
RHT #3 XS
Cally MB 3i-9i PX 7.0
Cally Forged 52*/56*/60*
Scotty Studio Select Custom

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




#11 tembolo1284

tembolo1284

    Jack still da man!

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 19,046 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71802
  • Joined: 01/03/2009
  • Location:NYC
  • Handicap:Beef
GolfWRX Likes : 2042

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

View Postragweed10, on 29 November 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

My list would be:

Divots in your own fairway to be played as ground under repair
OB would not be stroke and distance penalty

2 great suggestions I think. Player A hits a bomb down the middle and hits a serviceable but slightly chunky wedge onto the green...ok. Next guy comes along and porks the drive the same and ends up in his divot. Now he doesn't have the same opportunity as the first player. That's not right.
Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

#12 Rockminer

Rockminer

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 123965
  • Joined: 03/07/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 119

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

View PostTango-Golf, on 29 November 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:


3) Amateurs and pros to carry their own bags, with an xx weight minimum


This is hilarious. Could you imagine what bags would look like if pro's had to carry them? And on the minimum weight thing, I see a conversation going like this;


What are you carrying in that pocket?............. Lead, I can't meet the minimun weight.

#13 spoonhead

spoonhead

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57509
  • Joined: 06/08/2008
  • Location:Charlotte N.C.
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

I tend to aggree with you, I think making fairways narrower and other techniques could do the job. I think of the Heritage and they make it a challange.  I am not sure though what you do about bunkers that are not in play for PGA events, but are good for the day to day golfers. Changing the ball or changinging the course for one week a year?   Its not going to be a simple fix that for sure.

View PostPepperturbo, on 29 November 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

View Postspoonhead, on 29 November 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

Rein in the ball. I doubt that anyone wants to see courses getting longer- more mainteance and space taken up. Rory is hitting it 365- thats not in the "spirit of golf".

I am not convinced reining in the ball is the answer, nor is longer courses.  The average amateur needs the extra distance that contemporary balls provide.  Callaway's Hex Black Tour is partly why I still play long courses, at my age.

Making the same tour courses more difficult through tournament layout is the least penal answer.  The problem with that, we viewers will watch tour stats go in the wrong direction, including average scores.



#14 jwrogers

jwrogers

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5343
  • Joined: 08/21/2005
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
GolfWRX Likes : 271

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

View PostTango-Golf, on 29 November 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:


3) Amateurs and pros to carry their own bags, with an xx weight minimum

Thanks.   After my L5 discectomy, you've just kicked me out of the game.
I can carry occasionally depending on how easy the course is, but requiring someone to carry all the time-- no matter the course-- would lose a lot of players.   Especially seniors or guys with back problems/back surgeries like me.

#15 jwrogers

jwrogers

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5343
  • Joined: 08/21/2005
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
GolfWRX Likes : 271

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

View PostPepperturbo, on 29 November 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:


Making the same tour courses more difficult through tournament layout is the least penal answer.  The problem with that, we viewers will watch tour stats go in the wrong direction, including average scores.

That ruins the course for the members.   The tour is only there for one week per year.


#16 Ajlepisto

Ajlepisto

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177842
  • Joined: 04/28/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 185

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

Let them wear shorts.

#17 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

    Glengoyne 21yr

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,045 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Joined: 05/09/2006
  • Location:Midwest and Southwest
  • Handicap:Low
GolfWRX Likes : 1000

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

View Postspoonhead, on 29 November 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

I tend to aggree with you, I think making fairways narrower and other techniques could do the job. I think of the Heritage and they make it a challange.  I am not sure though what you do about bunkers that are not in play for PGA events, but are good for the day to day golfers. Changing the ball or changinging the course for one week a year?   Its not going to be a simple fix that for sure.

View PostPepperturbo, on 29 November 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

View Postspoonhead, on 29 November 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

Rein in the ball. I doubt that anyone wants to see courses getting longer- more mainteance and space taken up. Rory is hitting it 365- thats not in the "spirit of golf".

I am not convinced reining in the ball is the answer, nor is longer courses.  The average amateur needs the extra distance that contemporary balls provide.  Callaway's Hex Black Tour is partly why I still play long courses, at my age.

Making the same tour courses more difficult through tournament layout is the least penal answer.  The problem with that, we viewers will watch tour stats go in the wrong direction, including average scores.

My last club (7100yd) was a US Open and PGA qualifying track.  Long about 3 months prior to each event, the rough was left to grow, fairways, and big hitter landing zones were tightened up and greens were moved from 11/11.5 to 12/13.  It works...  At the last event, first day, only "1" guy broke par, and he was a club member.  I won't go into scoring over the next few days by some touring pros, except to say, it wasn't pretty and most were not happy.  Its the later that fears the PGA mgt and OEM sponsors most.
SLDR TP 9.5 PX6C12 Tour Issue
SLDR TP 15* Diamana Blueboard 83
2-PW '06' X-Forged - PX6.0
Miura 53* PX6.0-E0 / 59* DGS200-E0
ProV1x & Hex Black
SC California Monterey

#18 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

    Glengoyne 21yr

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,045 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Joined: 05/09/2006
  • Location:Midwest and Southwest
  • Handicap:Low
GolfWRX Likes : 1000

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

View Postjwrogers, on 29 November 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

View PostPepperturbo, on 29 November 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

Making the same tour courses more difficult through tournament layout is the least penal answer.  The problem with that, we viewers will watch tour stats go in the wrong direction, including average scores.

That ruins the course for the members.   The tour is only there for one week per year.

No it doesn't... we have to step up our games or temporarily play elsewhere; which is what many of our club members did, and nobody complained.

Edited by Pepperturbo, 29 November 2012 - 02:52 PM.

SLDR TP 9.5 PX6C12 Tour Issue
SLDR TP 15* Diamana Blueboard 83
2-PW '06' X-Forged - PX6.0
Miura 53* PX6.0-E0 / 59* DGS200-E0
ProV1x & Hex Black
SC California Monterey

#19 Sean2

Sean2

    Wait...what?

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,283 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 4606

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

A "no whining" rule.
Hey...be nice.

#20 Jamboy72

Jamboy72

    Powered by the old school

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,363 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51683
  • Joined: 03/18/2008
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 643

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

View PostPepperturbo, on 29 November 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

View Postjwrogers, on 29 November 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

View PostPepperturbo, on 29 November 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

Making the same tour courses more difficult through tournament layout is the least penal answer.  The problem with that, we viewers will watch tour stats go in the wrong direction, including average scores.

That ruins the course for the members.   The tour is only there for one week per year.

No it doesn't... we have to step up our games or temporarily play elsewhere; which is what many of our club members did, and nobody complained.

Right, but where should the players who aren't as good as you go??  Shouldn't they be able to enjoy the course the other 51 weeks per year??

For me, the two rules I'd change immediately are:

OB - No longer Stroke and Distance...just treat it like a hazard and

Divots in the FW - how on earth this isn't ground under repair is beyond me...it is the prime example of ground which is in the process of being repaired....


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




#21 brian575

brian575

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115143
  • Joined: 09/20/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

View Postragweed10, on 29 November 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

My list would be:

Divots in your own fairway to be played as ground under repair
OB would not be stroke and distance penalty

I agree 100%

#22 KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE

KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,715 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 161101
  • Joined: 02/07/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 638

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

"OB - No longer Stroke and Distance...just treat it like a hazard ..."

Why dumb the game down because you didn't hit it straight?

Edited by KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE, 29 November 2012 - 03:18 PM.


#23 msd71

msd71

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29710
  • Joined: 05/25/2007
  • Handicap:1.8
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

View Postbrian575, on 29 November 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

View Postragweed10, on 29 November 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

My list would be:

Divots in your own fairway to be played as ground under repair
OB would not be stroke and distance penalty

I agree 100%

I would love for the rules to provide relief from divots in your own fairway, but a serious problem is how to define a divot and how to regulate their identification during play.  One (drastic) solution is to allow clean and replace in your own fairway under all conditions.

#24 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

    Glengoyne 21yr

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,045 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Joined: 05/09/2006
  • Location:Midwest and Southwest
  • Handicap:Low
GolfWRX Likes : 1000

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

View Posttopekareal, on 29 November 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

View PostPepperturbo, on 29 November 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

View Postjwrogers, on 29 November 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

View PostPepperturbo, on 29 November 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

Making the same tour courses more difficult through tournament layout is the least penal answer.  The problem with that, we viewers will watch tour stats go in the wrong direction, including average scores.

That ruins the course for the members.   The tour is only there for one week per year.

No it doesn't... we have to step up our games or temporarily play elsewhere; which is what many of our club members did, and nobody complained.

Right, but where should the players who aren't as good as you go??  Shouldn't they be able to enjoy the course the other 51 weeks per year??

For me, the two rules I'd change immediately are:

OB - No longer Stroke and Distance...just treat it like a hazard and

Divots in the FW - how on earth this isn't ground under repair is beyond me...it is the prime example of ground which is in the process of being repaired....

As good as me???  Did you overlook the later part of my post.  The bigger premise is typically well before contracts and course prep for qualifying events, membership is queried (majority rules) as to whether or not they want such an event and are informed as to the inconveniences.  Like I said those that have issues with course becoming more difficult opt to play elsewhere till the event is finished.
SLDR TP 9.5 PX6C12 Tour Issue
SLDR TP 15* Diamana Blueboard 83
2-PW '06' X-Forged - PX6.0
Miura 53* PX6.0-E0 / 59* DGS200-E0
ProV1x & Hex Black
SC California Monterey

#25 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

    Glengoyne 21yr

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,045 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Joined: 05/09/2006
  • Location:Midwest and Southwest
  • Handicap:Low
GolfWRX Likes : 1000

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

Recently I was standing on the first tee waiting to hit when an idiot came driving back to the tee to re-hit his ball.  Needless to say, I was in his face, as jerks like that contribute to slow play.  My rewards was he dumped another into the hazard.  The added joke was that idiot went back to where he lost the first ball, as it was farther down the fairway, then were he dumped his second ball.  Talk about idiot judgment...  Anyway, I agree, stroke and yardage should be rewritten to eliminate yardage aspect; if not for any other reason then to help slow play.

Also, I notice some of you want fairway divots deemed ground under repair.  As much as I do not like hitting out of a sand filled fairway divots, I do.  Same is true when my ball lands in some lazy bums unraked footprint in a bunker, like last weekend.

I suppose my point is as much as I dislike some of the rude man-made golfer obstacles I face, I don't want rules watered down making the game easier.  Besides, based upon what I often see, when people don't like certain conditions they just move the ball, or take drops where they deem convenient.  All such rule changes would do is make those that bump the ball feel better about their actions.  Golf is one of those games where the obstacles we face uncovers our true character.

SLDR TP 9.5 PX6C12 Tour Issue
SLDR TP 15* Diamana Blueboard 83
2-PW '06' X-Forged - PX6.0
Miura 53* PX6.0-E0 / 59* DGS200-E0
ProV1x & Hex Black
SC California Monterey

#26 Jamboy72

Jamboy72

    Powered by the old school

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,363 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51683
  • Joined: 03/18/2008
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 643

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:03 PM

View PostPepperturbo, on 29 November 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

View Posttopekareal, on 29 November 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

View PostPepperturbo, on 29 November 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

View Postjwrogers, on 29 November 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

View PostPepperturbo, on 29 November 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

Making the same tour courses more difficult through tournament layout is the least penal answer.  The problem with that, we viewers will watch tour stats go in the wrong direction, including average scores.

That ruins the course for the members.   The tour is only there for one week per year.

No it doesn't... we have to step up our games or temporarily play elsewhere; which is what many of our club members did, and nobody complained.

Right, but where should the players who aren't as good as you go??  Shouldn't they be able to enjoy the course the other 51 weeks per year??

For me, the two rules I'd change immediately are:

OB - No longer Stroke and Distance...just treat it like a hazard and

Divots in the FW - how on earth this isn't ground under repair is beyond me...it is the prime example of ground which is in the process of being repaired....

As good as me???  Did you overlook the later part of my post.  The bigger premise is typically well before contracts and course prep for qualifying events, membership is queried (majority rules) as to whether or not they want such an event and are informed as to the inconveniences.  Like I said those that have issues with course becoming more difficult opt to play elsewhere till the event is finished.
Strike the comment...I didn't see the "temporarily" part of your post...you're correct that if the membership votes to host an event they generally have reciprocity to play somewhere else during this time..

#27 Jamboy72

Jamboy72

    Powered by the old school

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,363 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51683
  • Joined: 03/18/2008
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 643

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

View PostKILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE, on 29 November 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

"OB - No longer Stroke and Distance...just treat it like a hazard ..."

Why dumb the game down because you didn't hit it straight?

To speed it up...you still get a penalty...so rather than hitting 3 off the tee, you're hitting 3 from your drop...I don't see scores vastly improving because of this...but I could see the game moving along quicker...and it would be one less rule to know....

#28 Sean2

Sean2

    Wait...what?

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 18,283 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 4606

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

View Posttopekareal, on 29 November 2012 - 05:04 PM, said:

View PostKILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE, on 29 November 2012 - 03:18 PM, said:

"OB - No longer Stroke and Distance...just treat it like a hazard ..."

Why dumb the game down because you didn't hit it straight?

To speed it up...you still get a penalty...so rather than hitting 3 off the tee, you're hitting 3 from your drop...I don't see scores vastly improving because of this...but I could see the game moving along quicker...and it would be one less rule to know....
I agree. A lot of guys don't hit it straight...and a lot of courses are just plain narrow. It's really not dumbing down the game. It's just the reality of your local muni.
Hey...be nice.

#29 richard t

richard t

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,640 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85373
  • Joined: 06/11/2009
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 329

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

I have a feeling that someday, down the road, the Tour and the PGA are going to tell the USGA bye bye. We're the money generators and we'll make our own rules. You run the amateur events and we'll run the pro side. Seems to me the PGA took a pretty strong stand (forget about right or wrong) this week on and against the USGA's decision.  That tells me a lot of folks, in high positions, do not think the USGA is the oracle of Delphi. I think we will see different rules for different levels at some point. Just a thought.
I read someone's post this morning quotingthe Golf Channel that 2 million people left golf last year. PGA, Tour, USGA and all of us better pay attention to that.

#30 HackerVance

HackerVance

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151241
  • Joined: 12/15/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 152

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

1.  It is much too easy for good players to get out of sand traps.  This isn't fair.  There is no real penalty.  I would suggest 5 lashes.
2.  Some players have new soft spikes in their shoes all of the time.  Others don't have this, it's an unfair advantage.  All players should have to play bare-footed.  It's natural and green too. Indigenous peoples do everything this way.
3.  I think that old clubs that were handcrafted with hickory shafts should be required.
4. No grips (claw, craw, whatever) are allowed except the inter-locking finger missionary position.
5. No one should be allowed to head the USGA or R&A that looks like Elmer Fudd.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

    Team Golfwrx

  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.







0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors