Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Tim Clark and proposed putter ruling

211 replies to this topic

#211 Jamboy72

Jamboy72

Powered by the old school

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,359 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51683
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 640

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostVindog, on 13 March 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

View Postgopherguts, on 13 March 2013 - 08:34 AM, said:

I think you guys are missing my point(s).

"cardiac kid" has made a NUMBER of purely speculative and subjective OPINIONS of his and presented them as FACT.

As for myself, I wouldn't have done anything. It's pretty obvious that if ANYBODY can use a method then there is no "advantage" to those using the method.

The only (somewhat) legitimate argument (TO ME) for banning the anchored stroke is the one for the stroke taking "nerves" out of the stroke and that nerves, and handling them, are an integral part of a competition.

But "the club is meant to be "swung"" ??? Frankly, I think the guys who invented the game would find the whole argument laughable. They probably would have said "Here's the tee, there's the hole - go knock it in the hole in as few strokes as you can"

I agree with you here.  The idea that anybody knows the founding fathers' intentions is pretty amusing.  If it were that important to "let the club swing freely" it would have come up already through the centuries.

Just my opinion

I'd love to hear other thoughts on this topic, but one of my questions/comments/assertions is that the when comparing the putter to the other 13 clubs in the bag, there are far more differences than similarities...

Putter: nearly no loft...played along the ground...club design looks nothing like the other 13 clubs...used far more often than another other single club in the bag...legendary golfers have referred to golf as two games...putting and everything else

Others: generally played in the air...faster is better...longer is better...clubs have more loft and require a full/partial swings...

Why do they need to ascribe to the same swinging motion?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#212 vman

vman

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26713
  • Handicap:Pro
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

The governing bodies don't like the long putters and have decided belatedly,after seeing too many of them being wielded successfully at the Majors,to get rid of them through an anchor ban.They will tell you that this is for the integrity and the good of the game and their supporters will outweigh the nay sayers and it will come to pass.Mark my words that in our dotage we will reminisce about the long and the belly and say it was never a proper stroke,it was always cheating and how did those player get away with using it for so long.
ADAMS XTD 9* PX LZ60
CALLAWAY X2 HOT 3 DEEP,X2 HOT PRO 18*
ADAMS DHY 21*,24*
CALLAWAY RAZR TOUR 5-9
CLEVELAND ROTEX 46* 52* 58*
ODYSSEY VERSA 2 BALL TANK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors