Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Adams cb2 w/ c tapers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Valdre78

Valdre78

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139777
  • Ebay ID:Racepolo1981
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

Hey guys, I had read a post in march I believe about a few guys trying their Adams cb2 with c tapers. I just wondering if they were happy about their choice. I want to change out my stock shafts, and I know their isn't anyone in my area that really qualified to help me make a choice. I was looking and the kbs tour or the c tapers both on still. My 6 iron distance is right at 170 carry and driver is in the 260-270 range. I biggest issue is a high ball flight with my irons. Any input would be great. I had done a search already through the forums, but most people had just changed out their shafts, so I'm hoping to hear about what is was like over the season. Thanks

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 j.lapp

j.lapp

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125532
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

Any thoughts on this?
Titleist 909 9.5
Titleist 909 15.5
Nickent 4DX 23
Mizuno MP53
Nike VR Pro Forged 52, 56, 60DS
Scotty Cameron Circa '62 #3

#3 AmazinBlue

AmazinBlue

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93222
  • Ebay ID:welchjs
GolfWRX Likes : 31

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

I'm interested in a knowledgeable answer here as well.  I have gotten the impression that the C-taper is for aggressive swingers only.  I have a smooth transition, don't put a lot of load on the shaft and have what most shaft companies would call a moderate or medium tempo.  I carry a 6-iron about 180-185 with a SS of 83-85 and have a high ball flight.  I just put a set of S400 TI shafts in my new J40 CBs and they feel VERY heavy.  Wondering if C-tapers or KBS Tours would be best and what flex?
PING G25 8.5 RIP Alpha 65 S
Titleist 913 Fd.15,18 RIP Phenom 70g S
Titleist 913 Hd RIP Phenom 80g S
Adams CMB 5-GW KBS Tour R+
Putter: Versa 1W + 37g lead powder
Cleveland CG16 54, 58 TI S400 ss

#4 michael.martinez

michael.martinez

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29699
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

I switched out my stock kbs tour 90 shafts for kbs tour stiff shafts and found better trajectory. I still hit high but notlike the tour 90. I did have a set of srixon 701 tours with ctaper and found the flight a lot lower than the tours. The weight was the same. When the fitter installed the kbs tour shafts for my cb2s I felt sore for a few weeks but got used to it. The club fitters had to add tip weight to shaft.

Edited by michael.martinez, 06 February 2013 - 11:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors