Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Shafts to stock

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Alpha9.5

Alpha9.5

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50651
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

I will be going to The Golf Performance Acadamy in Jan. in Ridgefield Ct. I want to start a club fitting business there. What shafts would you stock from the beginning? I can't afford to stock everything from the beginning, so what would your top picks be? I know a good stock of iron shafts, but what to begin with on hybrid and woods shafts? Any help would be appreciated.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Stetson

Stetson

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199816
  • Ebay ID:cujays_11
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

Depending on your resources here are a few that will work well:

I'd suggest going to the Titleist shaft chart and buying shafts from as many different sectors as possible.  Such as Whiteboard, Blueboard, Speeder's, V2, Phenom, Motore F series, & VTS's.  Depending on the weights, you should be able to hit most flight patterns with these.  You can also get some Excalibers, or older Aldila's (Voodoo, RIP) for lower end shafts.

#3 Awalkspoiled

Awalkspoiled

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,907 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3924
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:00 AM

Apart from TT, which you must carry of course, I suggest carrying a decent range from ONE manufacturer, and becoming really familiar with it, before expanding. This allows you the maximum possible discount, and allows you to be a real expert in one niche. For me, that line is Matrix, and I probably know their shafts better than anyone except D You, after hitting so many of them. I'd recommend the UST line for this purpose also. They carry a range of styles, weights and price points and have good recognition in the market. Fuji is excellent of course but the initial margin is lower and Harrison don't offer a true high end graphite iron shaft - otherwise they're outstanding and the Shotmaker is a plus too...
Taylormade 300 Tour Holy Grail/6Q3
Cally XHP 15/Altus
Cally XHP 18/23/ Saga/Altus hb
5-GW RBT/Program 95/130
Scratch D/D 54/Program 130
Bettinardi QB3

#4 kevcarter

kevcarter

Legend

• 10,196 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3616
GolfWRX Likes : 765

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

View PostAwalkspoiled, on 26 November 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

Apart from TT, which you must carry of course, I suggest carrying a decent range from ONE manufacturer, and becoming really familiar with it, before expanding. This allows you the maximum possible discount, and allows you to be a real expert in one niche. For me, that line is Matrix, and I probably know their shafts better than anyone except D You, after hitting so many of them. I'd recommend the UST line for this purpose also. They carry a range of styles, weights and price points and have good recognition in the market. Fuji is excellent of course but the initial margin is lower and Harrison don't offer a true high end graphite iron shaft - otherwise they're outstanding and the Shotmaker is a plus too...
From what I've seen you have been very successful in this business for a very long time. Even through the tough economy.

What a great answer, one I would not have thought of, but is the direction I'm moving with my Pro Shop in general.

To be successful, I hope the OP listened with both ears!

Kevin
I could be wrong.
I have been before.
I will be again.
========================================
GEOMETRICALLY ORIENTED LINEAR FORCE

#5 Stetson

Stetson

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199816
  • Ebay ID:cujays_11
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

^^^^^^

Great answer AWalkSpoiled; for suggestions about which line to carry extensively, I'd suggest UST.  They have shafts that work great for the masses, the 3 VTS shafts along with V2 and Axiv should hit pretty much anybody's swing right on.

#6 Alpha9.5

Alpha9.5

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50651
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

I appreciate the advice so far. I am listening with both ears. And I totally agree on the one manufacturer, and know them like the back of my hand. I will always be learning as different options become available. Thanks for responses.

#7 MadGolfer76

MadGolfer76

Admiration is the state furthest from understanding.

• 10,568 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89700
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 1625

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

I have no experience at all in this, but I did see this link on Golfworks about Robin Arthur's company:

http://www.golfworks...0035_A_c2c_E_ln

I don't know if that is helpful. Hopefully it is.

(re: distributor program)

Edited by MadGolfer76, 26 November 2012 - 05:09 PM.

Mizuno Mp 600 9.5/Diamana Blueboard 63x
Mizuno Mp 650 15/Diamana Blueboard 83x
Mizuno Mp Fli-Hi 18/DG x100
Mizuno Mp 59 3-pw/DG x100
Mizuno Mp-T4 52, 58/DG x100
Odyssey White Ice #7

#8 JJensen

JJensen

What does grass look like?

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 169649
GolfWRX Likes : 192

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

A few NV's and YS+ series shafts would be good to have around.... oldies but goodies!
913D3 8.5* - Elements Chrome 7F5T
910F 13.5* - Blueboard 83x
913Hd 18* - KBS Tour X
S3 Pro MB 3-9 - KBS Tour X
8620 DS 47* 53* 58* - S400
SC Monterey 1.5 - Blacked Out Pistolero

#9 kevcarter

kevcarter

Legend

• 10,196 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3616
GolfWRX Likes : 765

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

View PostAlpha9.5, on 26 November 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

I appreciate the advice so far. I am listening with both ears. And I totally agree on the one manufacturer, and know them like the back of my hand. I will always be learning as different options become available. Thanks for responses.

Good luck Man!!!
I could be wrong.
I have been before.
I will be again.
GEOMETRICALLY ORIENTED LINEAR FORCE

#10 sunbeltgolfer

sunbeltgolfer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 160353
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

I've been opertaing my own shop for almost ten years. I offer and stock shafts from Graphite Design, Matrix, and, UST-Mamiya. It is a good suggestion to start with one manufacturer as it can get quite expensive to stock lines from multiple companies, especially early before you identify what your customer base is looking for. Having said that, I would agree that UST would be a good one to lean toward. Great diversity in the offerings with good price points. Several options on packages to get started with. Jamie Pipes or Steve Wingate are great to deal with and will steer you in the right direction.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors