Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

It's that time of year-- Christmas list?

What do you ask for?

47 replies to this topic

#1 6thFairway

6thFairway

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5343
  • Joined: 08/21/2005
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 356

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

So now is the time that family- parents, brother, in-laws, etc all start asking what I want for Christmas.   It's easy to default to loading up the golf ball inventory but what other reasonably priced ideas do you guys have in mind this year?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1

#2 citizensdiscount

citizensdiscount

    Liven De Life

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 196356
  • Joined: 08/04/2012
  • Location:Chicagoland
  • Ebay ID:thomas_otoole
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

you can never go wrong with a few dozen balls to start the year off right or a new pair of kicks

Happy Holidays

2

#3 tommyrobson

tommyrobson

    Junior Golfer

  • Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 184764
  • Joined: 06/06/2012
  • Handicap:4.9
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Nothing much in terms of clubs.

A new bag
New gloves
new shoes
continued support from my parents.
thats about it
Taylormade RBZ 9.5*
Cleveland Classic 15.5* w/ Matrix Ozik
Cleveland Classic 18* w/ Matrix Ozik
Ping S57's w/ S300
Kenny Giannini G2 Chubby
Ping Gorge 52, 56, SM4 60

3

#4 freddyottawa

freddyottawa

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147865
  • Joined: 11/21/2011
  • Location:Ottawa ON.
  • Handicap:36
GolfWRX Likes : 418

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

I never ask for clubs, way too much could go wrong there. Giftcards usually work best for me, then I can get what I would like.
Driver - TBD
3 Wood - TBD
5 Wood - Mizuno MX700, PF v2
4-PW - Adams CMB, C-Taper
Wedges - Mizuno T4 52/58, S400
Putter - Odyssey Versa #7, SS 3.0
Ball - TF Gamer

4

#5 SlowMotion

SlowMotion

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 210309
  • Joined: 11/07/2012
  • Location:Sharpsburg, GA
  • Ebay ID:jmjudd02
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

I already picked up several dozen golf balls On Black Friday.

Christmas Wishlist:
New bag
Set of Irons
Golf gloves
Golfsmith or Dick's gift cards
A wife that doesn't mind me playing weekly


5

#6 monty09

monty09

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137138
  • Joined: 08/20/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

I say golf stuff and let their minds run free. I don't expect a gift I can use on the course but looking for a good laugh.

6

#7 Yepyukon

Yepyukon

    Hinge + Hold

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,800 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81307
  • Joined: 04/27/2009
  • Location:Dallas, GA
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:rockypokeronline
GolfWRX Likes : 904

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

I usually ask for the small stuff.  New spikes for my shoes, golf gloves, maybe balls, hat or specific head cover.
Vapor Speed 10.5* w/ Oban Devotion
Vapor Fly 17* w/ Tensei
Adams A7 19* w/ AxivCore Blue
Vapor Speed 4 w/ AxivCore Blue
Vapor PC 5-7, Vapor Pro 8-P w/ PXF 6.5
Vapor PC 50*, Engage 54* and 58* Square
Method 003 w/ SS Ryder Cup 1.0

7

#8 Colby327

Colby327

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,849 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31622
  • Joined: 06/13/2007
  • Location:Wauwatosa, WI
  • Handicap:8.3
GolfWRX Likes : 249

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

I'll usually ask for specific shoes and clothes.   My advice is to give exact sizes, brands, & models,  so know what you're getting will fit.   Saves you your own money for green fees next season.
Ping G30 AD DI 6x
Callaway XHP 15* AD DI 7s
Adams A12 19* & 22* VTS Silver
Ping S55  Nippon Modus 120x
Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58*  
Byron Morgan Copper DH89 Mini
WITB Link

8

#9 6thFairway

6thFairway

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5343
  • Joined: 08/21/2005
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
  • Handicap:11
GolfWRX Likes : 356

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

View PostYepyukon, on 25 November 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

I usually ask for the small stuff.  New spikes for my shoes, golf gloves, maybe balls, hat or specific head cover.

Spikes, awesome idea.   Keep 'em coming.

9

#10 zack175

zack175

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 175426
  • Joined: 04/15/2012
  • Location:Baldwin, Ga
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

I'm getting new
-blueboard 83x with vr pro LE 5 wood head from my brother

-black and red players towel from my sister along with 2 dozen tp5 golf balls

-new J36 combo irons with PX flighted 6.0 from my grandparents, I have those shafts in my x forged now and I love them

-new AD DI 8x with VR pro LE 3 wood head from my parents

-new Bridgestone staff bag from my parents

-Oban Devotion X shaft from my parents

-callaway x utility 18* from my parents

-parents just got me a back up driver exactly like my gamer for my birthday Razr Fit 9.5* with AD DI 7x last week

I just turned 20 so I probably won't have many more awesome christmas' coming my way, but I sure am gonna enjoy this one.

Edited by zack175, 26 November 2012 - 06:14 AM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

10

#11 Imp

Imp

    Fueled

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130204
  • Joined: 06/05/2011
  • Location:SE Mass/RI
  • Handicap:10.3
GolfWRX Likes : 1131

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

I just ask for a gift card to GolfTown. If you have to buy me something....

Gloves (RBZ Left Med Cadet) or Balls (ProV1 or Hex Black). I like the gift card because I just save them. :)

There's really nothing else that's relatively inexpensive that I want. I have towels, tees, markers, etc...

I do like the idea for cleats.

--kC

Edited by Imp, 26 November 2012 - 08:45 AM.

RBZ 9 Tour/Fujikura Fuel 60S Masters Ed
RBZ 3W/4H / Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged Irons
Scratch 8620 54/58. TM Trip Winner-Doral
I'm like Rhyno the Hampster in Bolt.
Overly enthusiastic about everything
with no inner dialog filter.

11

#12 Yepyukon

Yepyukon

    Hinge + Hold

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,800 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81307
  • Joined: 04/27/2009
  • Location:Dallas, GA
  • Handicap:1.2
  • Ebay ID:rockypokeronline
GolfWRX Likes : 904

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

One idea you might want to ask for:

A membership to GolfWRX: ClubWRX

It is $35 a year and you get some cool stuff/discounts from joining.
Vapor Speed 10.5* w/ Oban Devotion
Vapor Fly 17* w/ Tensei
Adams A7 19* w/ AxivCore Blue
Vapor Speed 4 w/ AxivCore Blue
Vapor PC 5-7, Vapor Pro 8-P w/ PXF 6.5
Vapor PC 50*, Engage 54* and 58* Square
Method 003 w/ SS Ryder Cup 1.0

12

#13 Freddie P

Freddie P

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 204903
  • Joined: 09/27/2012
  • Location:Coquitlam, B.C.
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Slowmotion....

A wife that..........

That sounds like a Lottery Jackpot to me...

13

#14 keatonec

keatonec

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 197990
  • Joined: 08/13/2012
  • Location:Calgary, Alberta Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

I would like to get a couple of gift cards to golf town.

I need though new irons, some more balls and spikes for my cleats.

Irons would be a great Christmas present to myself! :D :D :D

14

#15 teeitlow

teeitlow

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108646
  • Joined: 05/27/2010
  • Location:North Idaho
GolfWRX Likes : 157

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

No golf stuff for me, usually a couple of bars and chains for my saws. Christmas mainly revolves our kids and they don't seem to be interested in anything golf related this year.
I would love me some S3 Pro's though!

Damn...
-D


15

#16 Air Jordan

Air Jordan

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 164641
  • Joined: 02/19/2012
  • Location:Atlanta, GA
  • Ebay ID:prelude511
GolfWRX Likes : 87

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

I'm getting this bag (Go Jackets!), gloves, balls, and shoes. Maybe a few more things as I get ideas from this thread.

16

#17 Jack Pearsall

Jack Pearsall

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125708
  • Joined: 04/01/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 553

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

JP is looking for the perfect long sleeve polo shirt, sort of a base layer thickness. It has been really hard to find the one that showcases Jack Pearsall's physique such that the cart girl will give JP a free Snickers bar.
So far -- no freebies for Jack. :(
Macgregor PCB Tour...
All your dreams come true.

17

#18 coreythelefty

coreythelefty

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 186756
  • Joined: 06/16/2012
  • Location:Oklahoma
  • Ebay ID:corey.williams9
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

Anytime it comes to family getting me golf gifts. I just asked for the small stuff.

Golf Balls
Tees
Golf Glove
Hat
New Belt


18

#19 Carolina Golfer 2

Carolina Golfer 2

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,775 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9960
  • Joined: 01/16/2006
  • Location:Maryland
GolfWRX Likes : 365

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

My better half, doesn't like buying me golf stuff, she knows it is very particular to the player and she wouldn't want to guess.  Although I told her take a guess on any $400 driver and I'll not be disappointed...just remember to get a gift receipt :)

Seriously, she will get me a polo or two as she knows I like the Cutter & Buck and Addias Clima-Lites and she knows my size.

But mostly she gets me non golf items, and that's just as well.  I don't need her browsing around the store and seeing the prices of equipment :)
Callaway XR 10.5 PX LZ
Callaway Optiforce 3W PX LZ
Callaway CF16 5-A  Recoil 680 F4
Odyssey Versa WBW #7
Wilson Staff FG Tour 54*
PING Glide 58*

19

#20 TNReb

TNReb

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 206233
  • Joined: 10/08/2012
  • Location:Tennessee
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostCarolina Golfer 2, on 27 November 2012 - 12:34 PM, said:

But mostly she gets me non golf items, and that's just as well.  I don't need her browsing around the store and seeing the prices of equipment :)

Agreed.  :)


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 MJP22

MJP22

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114033
  • Joined: 08/31/2010
  • Location:North Jersey
  • Handicap:9.7
  • Ebay ID:pittswimer
GolfWRX Likes : 198

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:10 PM

I'm asking for a spring golf trip with my buddies. With a 2 and a 4 year old at home, leaving the family for 4 days or so to golf with my friends is not as easy on everyone as it was 5 years ago.

21

#22 Rosco1216

Rosco1216

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117052
  • Joined: 11/04/2010
  • Location:Oklahoma
  • Ebay ID:Rosco1216
GolfWRX Likes : 123

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

View Postzack175, on 26 November 2012 - 06:11 AM, said:

I'm getting new
-blueboard 83x with vr pro LE 5 wood head from my brother

-black and red players towel from my sister along with 2 dozen tp5 golf balls

-new J36 combo irons with PX flighted 6.0 from my grandparents, I have those shafts in my x forged now and I love them

-new AD DI 8x with VR pro LE 3 wood head from my parents

-new Bridgestone staff bag from my parents

-Oban Devotion X shaft from my parents

-callaway x utility 18* from my parents

-parents just got me a back up driver exactly like my gamer for my birthday Razr Fit 9.5* with AD DI 7x last week

I just turned 20 so I probably won't have many more awesome christmas' coming my way, but I sure am gonna enjoy this one.

no comment.....
LTD Pro 7.5*F -  XPHLEXXX Agera X
XR Pro 16* - Elements Chrome 8F5T
J40DPC 3i - PX 7.0(w/sensicore)
J15CB 4-P - Modus 120 TX(w/sensicore)
SM4 50*, 55*, 62* or J40 55* 59*
Versa 1W 37" counter balance

22

#23 Greenie

Greenie

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,031 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 82498
  • Joined: 05/10/2009
  • Location:Frederick , MD
  • Handicap:13.7
GolfWRX Likes : 596

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

View PostSlowMotion, on 25 November 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

I already picked up several dozen golf balls On Black Friday.

Christmas Wishlist:
New bag
Set of Irons
Golf gloves
Golfsmith or Dick's gift cards
A wife that doesn't mind me playing weekly

#1 is a "wife that doesn't mind me playing weekly"

If you have that then all the rest of the stuff falls into place.
My wife doesn't mind me playing, knows only I can buy my golf stuff, and doesn't complain when I play or buy my more golf stuff. That is the best present any married person can receive.

23

#24 1fairway2another

1fairway2another

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137597
  • Joined: 08/25/2011
  • Location:N. Indiana
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

View PostRosco1216, on 29 November 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

no comment.....
agreed


anyway i dont really tell people what i want in my family, because no one every asks and frankly doesn't care. Way back when i turned 16 a family member bought me a snickers bar for my birthday. After that and many other things  i basically understood that my family was full of cheap skates. Maybe it worked out for the better, because im actually very thankful to spend time with friends and family (well some of them) during the holiday, and go to church service on xmas eve. Basically at 21 ive learned that a good christmas is one that im able to spend with my grandparents and the other part of the family isnt in constant argument. But if anyone asked id guess id like a ball retriever, could save me a ton of money.

24

#25 Rosco1216

Rosco1216

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117052
  • Joined: 11/04/2010
  • Location:Oklahoma
  • Ebay ID:Rosco1216
GolfWRX Likes : 123

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

View Post1fairway2another, on 29 November 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

View PostRosco1216, on 29 November 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

no comment.....
agreed


anyway i dont really tell people what i want in my family, because no one every asks and frankly doesn't care. Way back when i turned 16 a family member bought me a snickers bar for my birthday. After that and many other things  i basically understood that my family was full of cheap skates. Maybe it worked out for the better, because im actually very thankful to spend time with friends and family (well some of them) during the holiday, and go to church service on xmas eve. Basically at 21 ive learned that a good christmas is one that im able to spend with my grandparents and the other part of the family isnt in constant argument. But if anyone asked id guess id like a ball retriever, could save me a ton of money.

My parents got me a $99 Odyssey putter once for my birthday(December baby) with I turned 15...

LTD Pro 7.5*F -  XPHLEXXX Agera X
XR Pro 16* - Elements Chrome 8F5T
J40DPC 3i - PX 7.0(w/sensicore)
J15CB 4-P - Modus 120 TX(w/sensicore)
SM4 50*, 55*, 62* or J40 55* 59*
Versa 1W 37" counter balance

25

#26 Sean2

Sean2

    Wait...what?

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 22,232 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 8644

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

I'd like a gift card.
Callaway BB Alpha 815 10.5º
Callaway XR 15º
TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 Tour 20º
TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 Tour 23º
Callaway XR OS 5 - LW
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 D/B

26

#27 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 8,555 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 91668
  • Joined: 08/13/2009
  • Location:VA
GolfWRX Likes : 4904

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

I don't want anything golf related because I wouldn't be able to enjoy it until March. I'd rather just buy any "new" items then, if not I'll be walking around the house torturing myself with a brand new driver/fw/wedge/iron/putter and likely take out a lamp or piece of furniture by accident. Okay, maybe not with a putter.

27

#28 Imp

Imp

    Fueled

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,011 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130204
  • Joined: 06/05/2011
  • Location:SE Mass/RI
  • Handicap:10.3
GolfWRX Likes : 1131

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

View PostMJP22, on 29 November 2012 - 01:10 PM, said:

I'm asking for a spring golf trip with my buddies. With a 2 and a 4 year old at home, leaving the family for 4 days or so to golf with my friends is not as easy on everyone as it was 5 years ago.
GolfWRX myrtle trip? :)
RBZ 9 Tour/Fujikura Fuel 60S Masters Ed
RBZ 3W/4H / Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged Irons
Scratch 8620 54/58. TM Trip Winner-Doral
I'm like Rhyno the Hampster in Bolt.
Overly enthusiastic about everything
with no inner dialog filter.

28

#29 onafriday

onafriday

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39284
  • Joined: 09/13/2007
  • Handicap:3.7
GolfWRX Likes : 207

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

View PostRosco1216, on 29 November 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

View Postzack175, on 26 November 2012 - 06:11 AM, said:

I'm getting new
-blueboard 83x with vr pro LE 5 wood head from my brother

-black and red players towel from my sister along with 2 dozen tp5 golf balls

-new J36 combo irons with PX flighted 6.0 from my grandparents, I have those shafts in my x forged now and I love them

-new AD DI 8x with VR pro LE 3 wood head from my parents

-new Bridgestone staff bag from my parents

-Oban Devotion X shaft from my parents

-callaway x utility 18* from my parents

-parents just got me a back up driver exactly like my gamer for my birthday Razr Fit 9.5* with AD DI 7x last week

I just turned 20 so I probably won't have many more awesome christmas' coming my way, but I sure am gonna enjoy this one.

no comment.....

LOL - i haven't had a Christmas list since i started shaving!
TMag M1 10.5* Kuro Kage Silver Tini 70x
Cobra King LTD 14.5* Rogue 95msi 70x
TaylorMade SLDR TP Hybrid 19* Speeder TS 9.3x
Mizuno JPX 850 Forged (4-PW) X100
Vokey SM5 50F, 54S, 58M
Kingston KP1.5 w/ SS 2.0

29

#30 Jack Pearsall

Jack Pearsall

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125708
  • Joined: 04/01/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 553

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

You either need to pick your own clubs - let them speak to you - or you let someone else choose.

You know where Pearsall stands.

Macgregor PCB Tour...
All your dreams come true.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors