Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Rife Barbados Belly Cut to 35

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dead Solid Perfect

Dead Solid Perfect

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23405
  • Handicap:6.1
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

Well it finally happend I couldn't take the Belly any more.  I'll give ya it seemed i could make a fair amount of putts inside of 15 feet but my lag putting never seemed to leave me tap ins.  Let me tell ya I got stuck with more 5 and 6 footers for pars than I ever wanted.  Sure I had some great rounds with the belly but the next day I could have a horrible round and make nothing.  So before I invested in another flat stick (my wife seems to think the 25 I own is to many) I cut it down to 35 inches bent the lie angle to 71 and set the loft at 3.5 a good loft for the greens in NE Ohio.  I also put on a Superstroke 2.0 or ultra slim I believe.  I knew it was going to be on the heavy side but it was worth a shot, I took it out Friday and rolled the crap out of the ball. Now the greens at my club weren't rolling at tournement speed at this time of year but they were over 10.  So for now I think I found a new friend and hope I can remove the damage the 35 putts per round I was getting with the Belly to my handicap.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 bogeycentral

bogeycentral

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 149515
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

I have been using a Barbados Belly cut down to 35" for nearly 8 months now and can't seem to bump it out of the bag. Everything about it should not work, but it works out great. It will be threatened though by a custom Tom Slighter that I am having made.

#3 PuttingDoctor

PuttingDoctor

The Putting Doctor

• 2,030 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70135
  • Ebay ID:The Putting Doctor
GolfWRX Likes : 88

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:12 AM

DSP, I hope you find a way to prove your loft theory, SAM PuttLab, Rife Dew Board, high speed camera would help.  If they're running over 10 I'm wondering how much loft you take off at impact.  Got a big forward press?

The head is heavy but if you like the feel why not just let it ride?

#4 Dead Solid Perfect

Dead Solid Perfect

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

It's 3 degrees of loft I miss quoted that and yes I do lead with my hands so it is delofted.   In my previous post in the other thread I was trying to say loft is dependent on style of stroke.  What I'm curious about is do different grass change optimal loft?  I m not sure what my loft is at impact but I know with my stroke 3 to 3.5 degrees of loft on the putter seems to give me a more true roll.  I wasn't trying to say that those loft numbers were optimal for impact  loft of putter.

Edited by Dead Solid Perfect, 25 November 2012 - 04:55 PM.

#5 PuttingDoctor

PuttingDoctor

The Putting Doctor

• 2,030 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

You're on the right track. But it would be nice to know your impact numbers and the launch angle you're getting I think.  The reason RIFE and a number of OEM's have taken the loft down to 2 or 2.5.  We're a curious lot here and I for one like to know the numbers.

Optimal loft is dependent on the stimp value not the surface type.  So late in the afternoon if you're putting on mature Poa you're going to need some speed but I'm not sure how much of a higher launch vs. a bouncing ball you'll want.

#6 Dead Solid Perfect

Dead Solid Perfect

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

I'm a big believer in numbers myself but have never had the opportunity to get them on my putting stroke.

#7 PuttingDoctor

PuttingDoctor

The Putting Doctor

• 2,030 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:54 AM

View PostDead Solid Perfect, on 26 November 2012 - 08:02 PM, said:

I'm a big believer in numbers myself but have never had the opportunity to get them on my putting stroke.

You would do well to seek out a SAM PuttLab and do a short baseline analysis (just 5 putts.)  Insist on getting the Extended Print Report emailed to you as a PDF.  All the details you need and it's not as expensive as most think.

Edited by PuttingDoctor, 27 November 2012 - 10:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors