Jump to content

Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 12 votes

Golfjunki71


  • Please log in to reply
3866 replies to this topic

#3751 TMelectric

TMelectric

    Captain Admiral

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 515 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 209313
  • Joined: 10/30/2012
  • Location:North Carolina
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 150

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

View PostGolfjunki71, on 10 March 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

View PostSteff_P, on 10 March 2014 - 01:23 AM, said:

What happened to the CT 2.0? Thought it was locked?


Are you new here?

With so little words, so much was said. Well played.
Titleist 913d3.
Titleist 913 3 wood 15* / Diamana Shaft
714 AP2's 3-W
SC California Sonoma
Vokey SM4 50*, 56*, 60*

#3752 TMelectric

TMelectric

    Captain Admiral

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 515 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 209313
  • Joined: 10/30/2012
  • Location:North Carolina
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 150

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

GJ, you have been one of the main reasons my back hurts. I have slept on the couch so many times because of you. Do not take this wrong. This is meant to be a compliment. When I bought Enis's S55, I thought my bag was finally locked. I was hitting them well. I even had GJ's approval of the clubs I thought were good. I have almost agreed with everyone of your findings throughout this year. Then you threw a monkey wrench in my plans. AP2's???? Well, if they were good enough to make you switch, I should at least try them. I have three rounds now with my AP2's and can honestly say these are so easy to hit. The first round I thought they show potential. Several trips to the range. The 2nd round, I started to groove with them. For the first time in a while, I actually felt "consistent". Several more range sessions. My third round was just money. My problem was when I played something other than the AP2's.
Titleist 913d3.
Titleist 913 3 wood 15* / Diamana Shaft
714 AP2's 3-W
SC California Sonoma
Vokey SM4 50*, 56*, 60*

#3753 rymail00

rymail00

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50849
  • Joined: 03/07/2008
  • Location:Plattsburgh, NY
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:rymail00
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:53 PM

View PostTMelectric, on 10 March 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

View PostGolfjunki71, on 10 March 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

View PostSteff_P, on 10 March 2014 - 01:23 AM, said:

What happened to the CT 2.0? Thought it was locked?


Are you new here?

With so little words, so much was said. Well played.

+1 that one actually made me lol.
TM SLDR 9.5 ilima 70s
NIKE VRS 15' FRWY FUBUKI STIFF
CLEVELAND HALO 25' STOCK STIFF
ADAMS PRO A12 5-GW KBS STIFF
TP MILLS SOFTTAIL
SCRATCH 1018, 54' & 58'

#3754 swizbeatz

swizbeatz

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 137276
  • Joined: 08/22/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

View PostGolfjunki71, on 10 March 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

View Postvix02, on 10 March 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

Station, does the i25 blow away G25 in your experience?

Junk, that's a solid setup...i25 woods, AP2's..ZING!!!

If my s55's dont' work out, I think I'm leaning closer to the AP2's ( they just work )


Thanks, for me I am longer with the i25 over the g25 and the sound is much better.

I need to try an 11* against my g25 when it warms up.
Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi
WITB Link

#3755 Steff_P

Steff_P

    Steff_P

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69388
  • Joined: 11/16/2008
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:44 AM

View Postrymail00, on 10 March 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

View PostTMelectric, on 10 March 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

View PostGolfjunki71, on 10 March 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

View PostSteff_P, on 10 March 2014 - 01:23 AM, said:

What happened to the CT 2.0? Thought it was locked?


Are you new here?

With so little words, so much was said. Well played.

+1 that one actually made me lol.

Hey! Be nice :(

To be serious, he seemed so happy with the CT 2.0 so its not that bad of a question! But GJ´s witb has 126 pages so maybe I had that one coming....

Taylormade R1 V2 Talamonti LS 70X
Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle 2-iron
Bridgestone J40 CB 3-PW
Bridgestone J40 52, 56, 60 wedges
WITB Link
Ping Pick em up L

#3756 station2station

station2station

    Spin is your friend.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93643
  • Joined: 09/03/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 594

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

View PostSteff_P, on 10 March 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

View PostGolfjunki71, on 10 March 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

View PostSteff_P, on 10 March 2014 - 01:23 AM, said:

What happened to the CT 2.0? Thought it was locked?


Are you new here?

Well no I just skipped two pages..... Haha!

touche
Driver Goes Here
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 15* Aldila Green
Titleist 913h 19* Diamana S+
Mizuno MP64 KBS Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM5 Gold Nickel 50/54/60
Cameron Golo 7

#3757 Steff_P

Steff_P

    Steff_P

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69388
  • Joined: 11/16/2008
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 34

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

View Postrymail00, on 11 March 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

View PostSteff_P, on 11 March 2014 - 05:44 AM, said:

View Postrymail00, on 10 March 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

View PostTMelectric, on 10 March 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

View PostGolfjunki71, on 10 March 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

View PostSteff_P, on 10 March 2014 - 01:23 AM, said:

What happened to the CT 2.0? Thought it was locked?


Are you new here?

With so little words, so much was said. Well played.

+1 that one actually made me lol.

Hey! Be nice :(

To be serious, he seemed so happy with the CT 2.0 so its not that bad of a question! But GJ´s witb has 126 pages so maybe I had that one coming....

Oh my bad man, i meant no disrespect.

I agree! It was pretty funny :D

Btw GJ because you removed the "fin Bag locked " from the title, does that mean you are back in business? Sure hope so!

Edited by Steff_P, 11 March 2014 - 06:38 PM.

Taylormade R1 V2 Talamonti LS 70X
Bridgestone J33 Airmuscle 2-iron
Bridgestone J40 CB 3-PW
Bridgestone J40 52, 56, 60 wedges
WITB Link
Ping Pick em up L

#3758 Golfjunki71

Golfjunki71

    LEDLIYLBSIWB

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,275 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2196
  • Joined: 07/06/2005
  • Location:Gilbert, Az
GolfWRX Likes : 888

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:53 PM

View PostSteff_P, on 11 March 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:



Btw GJ because you removed the "fin Bag locked " from the title, does that mean you are back in business? Sure hope so!


To answer your first question: the CT came in a close second to the I25, plus I like the matte black better. Alpha was 3rd due to that very soft stock shaft.

Second question: New SM5's and that's it
Titleist SM5 54m 60k
Titleist Newport 1.5

#3759 ibeanr6

ibeanr6

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138952
  • Joined: 09/11/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:39 AM

I can always count on golfjunki to have whatever I have my eye on.

#3760 Redjeep83

Redjeep83

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115910
  • Joined: 10/08/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:42 AM

I have figured out why the ap2's look funny to me at address. They have nearly twice the amount of offset compared to rbz tour irons.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#3761 DNice26

DNice26

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,498 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92326
  • Joined: 08/20/2009
  • Location:New York
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

5 iron:  TM 2.9mm = 0.114inches.  Which is actually less than Titleist 0.130 inches.  So although not "twice," it is slightly more.

Edited by DNice26, 12 March 2014 - 05:20 PM.

Ping G25 9.5, Oban Kiyoshi White 04
TEE XCG7 Beta 4wd Matrix Black Tie Stiff
Ping S55 4-PW, CFS X
Titleist SM5 Black, S400TI 56M & 60K
Ping Ketsch, 35"

#3762 station2station

station2station

    Spin is your friend.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93643
  • Joined: 09/03/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 594

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:20 PM

View PostRedjeep83, on 12 March 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

I have figured out why the ap2's look funny to me at address. They have nearly twice the amount of offset compared to rbz tour irons.

Oh brother....  

You're comparing one of the all time best irons to one of the all-time worst "flash-in-the-pan" irons?  I think they sold RBZ Tours for about 5 weeks.  Don't think RBZ Tour had much impact in NCAA D1, PGA Tour, or LPGA Tour.  I don't even think Paula Creamer stooped low enough to carry them.

And for reference:

7 iron offset:

AP2  -  2.75mm
RBZt -  2.3mm

I don't think 1/2 of one millimeter is "nearly double".  Nor do I think it's noticeable from 6 feet away with the naked eye.

(edit - I was wrong - Paula stooped low enough to carry them for a while)

Edited by station2station, 12 March 2014 - 05:23 PM.

Driver Goes Here
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 15* Aldila Green
Titleist 913h 19* Diamana S+
Mizuno MP64 KBS Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM5 Gold Nickel 50/54/60
Cameron Golo 7

#3763 DNice26

DNice26

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,498 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92326
  • Joined: 08/20/2009
  • Location:New York
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

true....certainly not double.
Ping G25 9.5, Oban Kiyoshi White 04
TEE XCG7 Beta 4wd Matrix Black Tie Stiff
Ping S55 4-PW, CFS X
Titleist SM5 Black, S400TI 56M & 60K
Ping Ketsch, 35"

#3764 Redjeep83

Redjeep83

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115910
  • Joined: 10/08/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

sorry I was looking at TP mc iron specs, Its just something I would have to get use to. Ive always thought the titleist line had a little too much offset to my eye. Im sure I would be use to it after a month or so

mc 6 iron 2.0mm
ap2 3.4mm

and for the record, I dont like the speedpocket but the rbz tour had great lines, same with the mc tp. The mc tp from address looks much nicer to my eye than ap2, some of the best lines. Give me the ap2 technology in an iron that looks like the mc from address and Im sold

Edited by Redjeep83, 12 March 2014 - 05:56 PM.


#3765 vix02

vix02

    Major Winner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 89110
  • Joined: 07/20/2009
  • Location:MB, Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:32 PM

A little offset never killed anybody....most players need it in their long irons


#3766 Golfjunki71

Golfjunki71

    LEDLIYLBSIWB

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,275 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2196
  • Joined: 07/06/2005
  • Location:Gilbert, Az
GolfWRX Likes : 888

Posted 12 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

I played 18 today, i25 is just automatic . Bag is locked
Titleist SM5 54m 60k
Titleist Newport 1.5

#3767 bryanwmilburn

bryanwmilburn

    Advanced

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194478
  • Joined: 07/24/2012
  • Location:Ranson
  • Ebay ID:bmilbu02
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:31 PM

Ok Junk. I want your honest opinion. S55 or 714 AP2? I'm underwhelmed by my Apex/Apex Pro combo and really am only intrigued by these two iron sets. Which perform better? Most important to me is, which long irons are easier to hit? Thanks man!
Cleveland Classic 310 8.5 Miyazaki 61 S
Taylormade RBZ 3 wood 15 Aldila NVS 85 S
Cleveland 588 CB 3-PW DG S300
Ping Gorge 52-58
Ping Senita B

#3768 L-Dubfiregolfer

L-Dubfiregolfer

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5901
  • Joined: 09/09/2005
  • Location:Loxahatchee,FL
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 122

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:32 PM

Yay?

#3769 Golfjunki71

Golfjunki71

    LEDLIYLBSIWB

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,275 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2196
  • Joined: 07/06/2005
  • Location:Gilbert, Az
GolfWRX Likes : 888

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

View Postbryanwmilburn, on 12 March 2014 - 09:31 PM, said:

Ok Junk. I want your honest opinion. S55 or 714 AP2? I'm underwhelmed by my Apex/Apex Pro combo and really am only intrigued by these two iron sets. Which perform better? Most important to me is, which long irons are easier to hit? Thanks man!



I was underwhelmed by both Apex sets too. The s55 aren't hard to hit but the AP2 are definitely more forgiving especially on toe hits. I could play either set , in fact I think my best rounds were with the s55. You have me thinking about going back to the s55, but I definitely think the ap2 are more forgiving.
Titleist SM5 54m 60k
Titleist Newport 1.5

#3770 bryanwmilburn

bryanwmilburn

    Advanced

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194478
  • Joined: 07/24/2012
  • Location:Ranson
  • Ebay ID:bmilbu02
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:58 PM

View PostGolfjunki71, on 12 March 2014 - 09:43 PM, said:

View Postbryanwmilburn, on 12 March 2014 - 09:31 PM, said:

Ok Junk. I want your honest opinion. S55 or 714 AP2? I'm underwhelmed by my Apex/Apex Pro combo and really am only intrigued by these two iron sets. Which perform better? Most important to me is, which long irons are easier to hit? Thanks man!



I was underwhelmed by both Apex sets too. The s55 aren't hard to hit but the AP2 are definitely more forgiving especially on toe hits. I could play either set , in fact I think my best rounds were with the s55. You have me thinking about going back to the s55, but I definitely think the ap2 are more forgiving.

So you think the 4 and 5 irons of each set are equally easy to hit and launch? I have Gorge wedges and a Rapture D.I. that I'm in absolute love with, so I'm thinking s55 is what I'll go with but something inside me has always just loved the thought of having a Titleist bag.

Cleveland Classic 310 8.5 Miyazaki 61 S
Taylormade RBZ 3 wood 15 Aldila NVS 85 S
Cleveland 588 CB 3-PW DG S300
Ping Gorge 52-58
Ping Senita B

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#3771 Pure745

Pure745

    Unique New York

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,597 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35341
  • Joined: 07/23/2007
  • Location:Orange County, CA
  • Handicap:Vnty
GolfWRX Likes : 1128

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:59 PM

View PostGolfjunki71, on 12 March 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

Bag is locked

:cheesy: :bigwhack: :alcoholic: :censored2: :drinks:
SLDR 460 10.5˚ - Aldila Rogue 70TX
SLDR 15˚ - Aldila Tour Green 75 TX
Fourteen Kuchar Proto Driving 2-Iron
Fourteen FH1000 PC/Blade Combo Set 3-9
WITB Link
Nike Method Rory Proto/SC 009 Tour 350g
Fourteen RM Tour Hand Grind (48/54/58)

#3772 station2station

station2station

    Spin is your friend.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93643
  • Joined: 09/03/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 594

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

View PostGolfjunki71, on 12 March 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

I played 18 today, i25 is just automatic . Bag is locked

I agree - It's amazing how I don't lose the i25 - even sometimes.  It's always in the fairway.  I can' make marginal contact from time to time but its still in play.

Weird club.  Spooky.
Driver Goes Here
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 15* Aldila Green
Titleist 913h 19* Diamana S+
Mizuno MP64 KBS Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM5 Gold Nickel 50/54/60
Cameron Golo 7

#3773 station2station

station2station

    Spin is your friend.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93643
  • Joined: 09/03/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 594

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:13 PM

Junk - SM5's tomorrow?
Driver Goes Here
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 15* Aldila Green
Titleist 913h 19* Diamana S+
Mizuno MP64 KBS Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM5 Gold Nickel 50/54/60
Cameron Golo 7

#3774 Golfjunki71

Golfjunki71

    LEDLIYLBSIWB

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,275 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2196
  • Joined: 07/06/2005
  • Location:Gilbert, Az
GolfWRX Likes : 888

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:19 PM

View Postbryanwmilburn, on 12 March 2014 - 09:58 PM, said:

View PostGolfjunki71, on 12 March 2014 - 09:43 PM, said:

View Postbryanwmilburn, on 12 March 2014 - 09:31 PM, said:

Ok Junk. I want your honest opinion. S55 or 714 AP2? I'm underwhelmed by my Apex/Apex Pro combo and really am only intrigued by these two iron sets. Which perform better? Most important to me is, which long irons are easier to hit? Thanks man!



I was underwhelmed by both Apex sets too. The s55 aren't hard to hit but the AP2 are definitely more forgiving especially on toe hits. I could play either set , in fact I think my best rounds were with the s55. You have me thinking about going back to the s55, but I definitely think the ap2 are more forgiving.

So you think the 4 and 5 irons of each set are equally easy to hit and launch? I have Gorge wedges and a Rapture D.I. that I'm in absolute love with, so I'm thinking s55 is what I'll go with but something inside me has always just loved the thought of having a Titleist bag.


Ap2 go a little higher for me in the 4 and 5 iron
Titleist SM5 54m 60k
Titleist Newport 1.5

#3775 Golfjunki71

Golfjunki71

    LEDLIYLBSIWB

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,275 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2196
  • Joined: 07/06/2005
  • Location:Gilbert, Az
GolfWRX Likes : 888

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:19 PM

View Poststation2station, on 12 March 2014 - 10:13 PM, said:

Junk - SM5's tomorrow?


Friday right?

Titleist SM5 54m 60k
Titleist Newport 1.5

#3776 Golfjunki71

Golfjunki71

    LEDLIYLBSIWB

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,275 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2196
  • Joined: 07/06/2005
  • Location:Gilbert, Az
GolfWRX Likes : 888

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:20 PM

View Poststation2station, on 12 March 2014 - 10:09 PM, said:

View PostGolfjunki71, on 12 March 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

I played 18 today, i25 is just automatic . Bag is locked

I agree - It's amazing how I don't lose the i25 - even sometimes.  It's always in the fairway.  I can' make marginal contact from time to time but its still in play.

Weird club.  Spooky.


It's g25 straight,  2 rounds and I don't remember missing a fairway and it's sldr long.
Titleist SM5 54m 60k
Titleist Newport 1.5

#3777 station2station

station2station

    Spin is your friend.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93643
  • Joined: 09/03/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 594

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:20 PM

View PostGolfjunki71, on 12 March 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

View Poststation2station, on 12 March 2014 - 10:13 PM, said:

Junk - SM5's tomorrow?


Friday right?

ahh, ok.  I didn't know when.
Driver Goes Here
Callaway X2 Hot Pro 15* Aldila Green
Titleist 913h 19* Diamana S+
Mizuno MP64 KBS Tour 120
Titleist Vokey SM5 Gold Nickel 50/54/60
Cameron Golo 7

#3778 bryanwmilburn

bryanwmilburn

    Advanced

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194478
  • Joined: 07/24/2012
  • Location:Ranson
  • Ebay ID:bmilbu02
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:29 PM

Thanks for your help man! Hopefully I can get mine sold and pick up a set of s55 irons. Probably my favorite looking irons of all time. After hearing your reviews of the i25 driver and 3 wood those are on my radar as well. Looking like an all Ping bag in 2014 may be coming!
Cleveland Classic 310 8.5 Miyazaki 61 S
Taylormade RBZ 3 wood 15 Aldila NVS 85 S
Cleveland 588 CB 3-PW DG S300
Ping Gorge 52-58
Ping Senita B

#3779 Redjeep83

Redjeep83

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115910
  • Joined: 10/08/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:44 PM

View PostGolfjunki71, on 12 March 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

View Postbryanwmilburn, on 12 March 2014 - 09:58 PM, said:

View PostGolfjunki71, on 12 March 2014 - 09:43 PM, said:

View Postbryanwmilburn, on 12 March 2014 - 09:31 PM, said:

Ok Junk. I want your honest opinion. S55 or 714 AP2? I'm underwhelmed by my Apex/Apex Pro combo and really am only intrigued by these two iron sets. Which perform better? Most important to me is, which long irons are easier to hit? Thanks man!



I was underwhelmed by both Apex sets too. The s55 aren't hard to hit but the AP2 are definitely more forgiving especially on toe hits. I could play either set , in fact I think my best rounds were with the s55. You have me thinking about going back to the s55, but I definitely think the ap2 are more forgiving.

So you think the 4 and 5 irons of each set are equally easy to hit and launch? I have Gorge wedges and a Rapture D.I. that I'm in absolute love with, so I'm thinking s55 is what I'll go with but something inside me has always just loved the thought of having a Titleist bag.


Ap2 go a little higher for me in the 4 and 5 iron

s55 long irons are harder to hit than ap2 long irons for sure, no question

#3780 bryanwmilburn

bryanwmilburn

    Advanced

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 194478
  • Joined: 07/24/2012
  • Location:Ranson
  • Ebay ID:bmilbu02
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:47 PM

Also, do you all find the 714 AP2 to perform much better than 712? I'm never against saving a few bucks if performance is similar!

Cleveland Classic 310 8.5 Miyazaki 61 S
Taylormade RBZ 3 wood 15 Aldila NVS 85 S
Cleveland 588 CB 3-PW DG S300
Ping Gorge 52-58
Ping Senita B

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors