Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Can someone recommend a teacher in Orlando who uses Trackman?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DonD

DonD

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63605
  • Ebay ID:djdjr
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

I'd like to get some time with a teaching pro who uses Trackman as part of the process...I live in the Orlando area...any recommendations?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,500 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
GolfWRX Likes : 783

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

What exactly are you hoping for with Trackman?  I'd personally go for the best teacher not the one with the best toys.  I will reserve recommendation until I get an idea for why you want to use trackman.

#3 DonD

DonD

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

Dan...if you were still in Orlando, I could come back and see you again...:-)

I posted earlier today another thread about the dramatic distance loss I've experienced -specifically with my driver - since working on improving the "mechanics" of my swing.  I am frankly hoping to get some objective data that will help me determine the reasons for this...lessons - good ones anyway - are obviously valuable, but it seems to me that one missing piece is that we don't really know the full "results" of the shot (specifcally distance) other than the ball flight we can observe from practice tee...in fact many times during a lesson the teaching pro will specifcally say that they aren't concerned with distance...or even where the ball goes particularly.  But for a more advanced player - and with longer clubs, especially driver, where distance really is a key factor in terms of what constitutes a "good" drive - I'd like to know whether that drive I think I hit solidly went 240 yards or 270.

Does that make sense?

#4 iteachgolf

iteachgolf

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,500 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14489
GolfWRX Likes : 783

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

I still come down to Orlando a couple times a month.

Results are the only thing that matters.  At the end of the day you should see progress immediately.  You shouldn't go backwards.  If you do it's the wrong thing to work or you lack of complete understanding of what you should be working on. Many times it's something that should be changed but in the wrong order

#5 DonD

DonD

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

Dan, I'll send you a PM...maybe we can connect next time you plan to be in Orlando.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors