Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Extending putter shaft an inch?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Flyersby99

Flyersby99

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60877
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

I have an opportunity to get a somewhat unique putter with what I consider a cool ghosting finish.  The only problem is it is a 34 inch putter and I need 35.

I know for the longer clubs swingweight is an issue but what can I expect if I purchase this and put a 1 inch extender in it?  I prefer not to purchase and then purchasing a putter shaft to replace as that would add much more cost than the extender and make the price of the putter not so much of a deal.

Have others done this and is it noticeable in any way?  Any expereinces?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 HisAirness

HisAirness

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41091
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

Extending the length of the club will usually lead into a higher swingweight, no matter if you use an extender or a new shaft. Depending on the weight of the extension it is possible that the extension counter weights itself. But this is only theories. At the end of the day it is your feel that counts and not the number on the swingweight scale.

#3 RJRJRJ

RJRJRJ

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,659 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106301
GolfWRX Likes : 1131

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

Most putters only come in one headweight, so even if you bough it 35" from the factory, it would be the same as extending it yourself.
Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

#4 TRoc9892

TRoc9892

NICE SHOT!

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 689 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106037
  • Handicap:0.o
GolfWRX Likes : 66

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

I think that the general rule of thumb is:
1/2 inch = 3 swingweight points.
Extra 1 inch would be 6 then.

Edit: Oh here's a thread that was pinned. The first post in from Kwok so you know it's from a knowledgeable source:
http://www.golfwrx.c...ation-to-parts/

Edited by TRoc9892, 22 November 2012 - 12:06 AM.

Nike VR_S w/ Diamana ION 'ahina 70s
Callaway Razr Fit 15 w/ UST VTS Silver 7
Callaway X Utility 18
4-PW Callaway X-Prototype w/ S300
Byron Morgan 006
Cleveland 50, Nike VR Pro 56, T Vokey 60

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors