Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

DIY Stance Platform for Tour Links putting greens

indoor putting stance platform putting practice

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE

KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,532 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 161101
GolfWRX Likes : 560

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

I have a Tour Links putting green that is 9'7" long and about 24" at it's narrowest point. That design does not allow you to take a stance and practice short putts. They sell a stance platform with newer designs and that is where I got the idea.

Went to Lowes, got the wood and the screws, then to WalMart for the artificial turf. I had Lowes cut the 1x3x8 board into 1.5' x 2 and 2.5' x 2 pieces and found a 2'x2' x 3/8" plywood sheet. These pieces and the 1 1/4" screws cost under $13. Off to WalMart and to the Household Goods section where I picked up a 2'x1.5' green grass doormat for $2.97.  $15 and you are ready to do a little cutting and assembly for the perfect addition to your putting green. I also used some scrap 2x4 pieces I had at the house. If you need to buy a 2x4, get a cheap 6' piece for less than $3. I also used black Grill paint I had already, but painting is an option and not necessary.

Assembly:

Cut the 2.5' pieces to 2' lengths and then rip them to 2" width, rip the 1.5' pieces to the same 2" width. Screw the pieces together into a rectangular frame.

Cut the 2'x2' plywood piece to fit inside the frame. Attach the plywood to the frame with the screws, I used 5 on each side and each end. If you have a countersink, use it, and pilot holes for the screws helps tremendously.

I attached three 8" 2x4 pieces underneath the platform, equally spaced. This give the platform strength and rigidity. Use 3 screws to attach each piece, working from the top of the platform. Again, a countersink helps out a lot here.

Paint the platform and let it dry.

Attach the green grass doormat with 10 screws around the perimeter.

Here is the finished product, a perfect , dead level match to the putting green.

Attached Thumbnails

• 001.JPG

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 Gripit_Swiftit

Gripit_Swiftit

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135692
GolfWRX Likes : 132

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

Wow, nice work.

According to your other post you got this for cheap to begin with.  Looks like a nice little practice green on the cheap.
RFE, A'hina 70 or 80X
3Deep, Nunchuk
Adams 9031 18, Epic HyX
Bridgestone J40 CB, Tour Issue X100
Byron Morgan DH89
Vokey SM5's

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors