Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Scotty Cameron SS Fastback 1.5 weights

Scotty Cameron Fastback Winn weight

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 VeskuGolf

VeskuGolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207521
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

I have been wondering if my putter is still balanced. I changed the original red Scotty cord grip to Winn Jumbo black. Winn Jumbo weighs 124g which is douple compared to original Scotty grip. Putter is 34" on has now 15g weights attached. I play usually on slower greens and like heavier putters but after changing the grip I lost that heavy head feel.

What are your opinions should I change weights to heavier ones or not or can those even be changed?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 JanKo

JanKo

- K A Y M E R -

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38735
GolfWRX Likes : 56

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

That grip totally throws off the swingweight. Heavier weights will hel, but I doubt you will find weights heavy enough to get that exact feeling back.
Yamaha V202 Tour - Tour AD BB-7
Yamaha v FW 14 - Tour AD BB-7
Yamaha IFF 19 - Tour AD DI-7
Epon Personal 3-P - DG Pro
Yamaha Inpres X 52 58 - DG Spinner
Golds Factory SUS 303 custom
WITB Link

#3 VeskuGolf

VeskuGolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

Maybe the best solution is to change the grip to a lighter one. Winn for example has that same size Jumbo lite which weighs ~60g.

But what do you think should I still put some more weight to head because of the slow greens I play on?

#4 GolfPro816

GolfPro816

TheLongBall350

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 173868
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

first change the grip to something lighter, and then test it out for a week or so. if you still feel it needs more weight, then sure. but i think you'll find changing to a lighter grip will give you the results you are looking for.

#5 thedurtydurden

thedurtydurden

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180652

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

The grip would be the easiest (and cheapest) change, but weights are out there if you want to go that route instead. I just got mine back from the Custom Shop and they put in the new style weights, which I like. Took about two weeks to get it back.

Posted Image

TM SLDR 460 10.5(10), Fuji Motore VC 6.1
Titleist 910Fd 15 C4 setting, MFT Ahina
Nike VR Pro 21 3H, PX 6.5
VR Pro Blades 4-PW X100
Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7 38", 15g
Nike VR Pro Brushed Chrome 51, 55, 60
WITB Link

#6 VeskuGolf

VeskuGolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:12 AM

That looks nice.. I decided to get both a lighter grip and a touch more weight to the head... Custom shop would do a nice job but it would cost same as a new putter to ship from Finland just to get a pair of new weights...

Also tagged with Scotty Cameron Fastback, Winn, weight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors