Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Right leg and hip folding to much on backswing?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Caldymat

Caldymat

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98922
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:40 AM

Also is this to flat for a driver, and im having trouble with the big stick, couldn't hit a draw to save my life,

Should i stick with a fade swing in most of the videos, and try keeping right leg more firm on backswing, in turn making it shorter? Last lesson i had, basically told me to practise hitting the ball of the back foot, which would correct my over the top move Always struggled with this,

FRONT ON VIEW  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umcrZZL_uW4&feature=plcp

DOWN THE LINE  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcsbUk3t0ss&feature=youtu.be

DOWN THE LINE

Any help?

Thanks

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 tommykrebs

tommykrebs

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128692
GolfWRX Likes : 62

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:35 AM

All you need is a transition. Your feel at the top should be to leave the club alone and let it drop, and not swinging as fast as you can back to the ball.

[attachment=1427177:OTT.gif]

Watch how your right shoulder moves towards the ball. This is bad.

Edited by tommykrebs, 21 November 2012 - 06:39 AM.

#3 Caldymat

Caldymat

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:52 AM

So should it feel like the left arm moves away and out on the downswing towards the right side of the fairway?

#4 tommykrebs

tommykrebs

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128692
GolfWRX Likes : 62

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

Sorry, but I'm not good enough to explain a transition properly but maybe these video's will help you.

I feel that my clubhead drops behind me. It's like the clubhead makes a loop and comes from the inside. It depends how steep or laid off your shaft is at the top of the swing. Watch J.Furyk's clubhead in his downswing. He is very steep and the clubhead drops in a big loop to the inside.

Be aware: I an OTT move you try to square the clubface right from the top to the ball. If you achieve to come more on a shallow plane you will probably hit the ball with an open clubface.

Edited by tommykrebs, 21 November 2012 - 08:22 AM.

#5 Caldymat

Caldymat

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

This was the tip i got from a guy off Twitter, said my hip needs moving first, which will keep the arms in longer. Slide and tuck

2things

1 WOW i love Twitter ha
2 James Ridyard knows his stuff worth checking out, havent hit any balls yet, but feels so much better in my living room

#6 Gbyeball

Gbyeball

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,406 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147607
  • Ebay ID:davebeenthere
GolfWRX Likes : 580

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

While this is a great site and there are other good resouces out there what does your teacher have to say about your issues. IF you trust your teacher and have seen results with them then follow what they recommend. I realize that other opinions can be valid but having rabbit ears and jumping from one tip to other has screwed more people than can be counted, dance with the one that brought you there. If on the other hand you don't have faith in your teacher then find another one.  

Best of luck on the road to improvement, fun and frustrating
Ping Rapture V2
Ping G15, four wood
Callaway X hot pro 20* hybrid
Ping G25 - 4 to PW
Callaway X tour  50*' 54* & 58*
Scotty newport

#7 Caldymat

Caldymat

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

I have ait in y teacher, but haven't seen him for6months, as i like to go it alone,

i ill however be seeing him next week, it always tends to be the same faults that creep in, and i can't wait to try what this guy said, even with your sceptism

#8 rossef2

rossef2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 148757
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

For what it's worth I'd sort your set up a bit first, I'd try and stand more upright keeping more weight on balls of your feet, hips more towards forward and hands a bit higher...think adam scotts setup

#9 Gbyeball

Gbyeball

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,406 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147607
  • Ebay ID:davebeenthere
GolfWRX Likes : 580

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

View PostCaldymat, on 22 November 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

I have ait in y teacher, but haven't seen him for6months, as i like to go it alone,

i ill however be seeing him next week, it always tends to be the same faults that creep in, and i can't wait to try what this guy said, even with your sceptism

Didn't mean to come off as sceptical. It is just having a trained set of eyes on me and my swing has helped a lot and got me back to hitting the ball good again much quicker than trying to figure it out on my own. Just my experience and I do wish you luck with what ever direction you go.
Ping Rapture V2
Ping G15, four wood
Callaway X hot pro 20* hybrid
Ping G25 - 4 to PW
Callaway X tour  50*' 54* & 58*
Scotty newport

#10 Parker0065

Parker0065

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124513
GolfWRX Likes : 203

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

Your hips and shoulders are opening up to the target line at relatively the same time. In a proper swing the hips will open to the target line before the shoulders. One tip may be to think of keeping your back to the target as you start your downswing allowing your weight to shift and your hips to open before your shoulders.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#11 MonteScheinblum

MonteScheinblum

The Mad Bomber

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,684 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94238
GolfWRX Likes : 2164

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

View PostCaldymat, on 21 November 2012 - 05:40 AM, said:

Also is this to flat for a driver, and im having trouble with the big stick, couldn't hit a draw to save my life,

Should i stick with a fade swing in most of the videos, and try keeping right leg more firm on backswing, in turn making it shorter? Last lesson i had, basically told me to practise hitting the ball of the back foot, which would correct my over the top move Always struggled with this,

FRONT ON VIEW  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umcrZZL_uW4&feature=plcp

DOWN THE LINE  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcsbUk3t0ss&feature=youtu.be

DOWN THE LINE

Any help?

Thanks

Too much knee bend at address is basicabusive using every problem you list.

Edited by MonteScheinblum, 23 November 2012 - 02:07 AM.

Pulling the handle
I am so so steep
Shankopotomus finds me
I am Gavrilo Princip

#12 Caldymat

Caldymat

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

the knee bend helps me be more stable, but yeah it does look more tha normal, defo tring to separate the hips in the downswing to fire first, leaving the shoulders behind, and the club trailing on a slightly inside path,

How do i hit the cut from this though? When ve been used to the other way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors